Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,183 members, 7,953,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences (16907 Views)

Tallest And Shortest Corpers In Enugu NYSC Camp (Photo) / Soldiers Welcome Corpers To Kogi NYSC Camp With Their Luggage On Their Head / NYSC In Oyo State: Share Your Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Aycol1(m): 6:28am On Nov 16, 2020
Mine was at Lagos camp�, after blowing the afternoon biggle we are meant to move to the parade ground but when devil takes over i decided to stay behind and sleep very well. Unfortunately they performed a check and we were fished out. I ate, sit, rest on the parade ground for two days in front of all corpers, very crazy experience� but las las i became friend with the commander
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by ekevwe(m): 6:29am On Nov 16, 2020
7victor:
Mine was when we were in the NYSC camp in karaye local government area of Kano.

That day,we refused to go for parade.

So the Regimental Sergeant Major (RSM) came to the hostel and flogged us. He gave us 3 strokes each.

Also in the NYSC camp, during man-o-war, one female trainer asked us to kneel down for an offence which I have forgotten. But it had to do with coming to the training with something.

In fact those that lied that they were not aware of her earlier instructions were released by her.

Something told me to lie, but I refused.

I told her that I heard her instructions but was too busy to remember and carry them out. That I just remembered the instructions when I saw her.

She left me kneeling down for a long time.

I told myself that it was better to say the truth and be punished than to lie and be safe like others.

I still believe that I will get a reward for telling her the truth.

Another punishment during my NYSC camp was rolling on the floor.

I can remember twice when all of us corpers were asked to roll on the ground.

I remember one lady. As she rolled, she was seriously crying. But I didn't cry.

In the camp, soldiers and men-o-war called us Otondo.

That was the name they called us.

Shagamu, Ogun state batch B 2008. On my first day at camp. My co otondo friend and I were strolling to girls hostel to toast girls. On our way to girls hostel around 7pm oboi, soldiers ask us to stop there oo. They ordered us to do frog jump. They told us they will release us only if other guys commit same offence. We did that frog jump for over 10 mins. As God may have it, our prayers got to heaven. Three guy men were blowing guy towards girls hostel I was very happy when I saw them. The soldiers called them immediately ordered them to do frog jump and asked my friend and I to leave. Oboi the drama ehn. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by 7victor(m): 7:37am On Nov 16, 2020
ekevwe:

Shagamu, Ogun state batch B 2008. On my first day at camp. My co otondo friend and I were strolling to girls hostel to toast girls. On our way to girls hostel around 7pm oboi, soldiers ask us to stop there oo. They ordered us to do frog jump. They told us they will release us only if other guys commit same offence. We did that frog jump for over 10 mins. As God may have it, our prayers got to heaven. Three guy men were blowing guy towards girls hostel I was very happy when I saw them. The soldiers called them immediately ordered them to do frog jump and asked my friend and I to leave. Oboi the drama ehn. Lol.

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Uzomacharles: 7:45am On Nov 16, 2020
7victor:

You have not yet gone for service abi?
Yah...
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Samylekey(m): 9:53am On Nov 16, 2020
Wamakko Camp, Sokoto under the command of Lieutenant Munagbor (Camp Commandant for 2019B). Lieutenant Munagbor no dey ever smile, always boning face, we corpers feared the man like anything.

One of his popular phrase then when we murmur on parade ground was "You people should beg your soul, if I get one person he or she will be in trouble" everywhere go just silent immediately.

Our troubles started when all this wannabee comedians in camp started using him to crack jokes in the night party, saying lots of things in a bid to be funny.

Matters became worse when a male corper wearing slippers was caught in maami market by the camp commandant but the Corper escaped from his grasp.

Naso soldiers enter male hostel around 1am to pursue all the guys out. We were told to sit on the floor, squat down and place our heads between our legs and whosoever looks up will be severely punished.

After like 20 mins of punishment, he made an offer to us. He asked that the erring Corper come out so others can be freed but nobody gree come out as the erring Corper o, Naso we spend another 20-25 mins serving punishment.

We got released around 1:50am and yet soldiers still came at the normal time of 4:30 to chase corpers out for parade. Mehn, it wasn't easy at all and the funniest thing was that Camp officials and Female corpers didn't know what we faced in the early hours of the day until we told them ourselves.

Later on sha, the Man started smiling and laughing to corpers. He said he was harsh cos he didn't want us to undermine him.

All in all, Camp was funnnnnnn.

Girls were just crushing on this camp commandant even when he was harsh at us cos the man na fine man, still come get nice physique (he no carry big belle like other soldiers)

I miss camp I swear

Wamakko campers, you should know the camp director (One man always saying Corpers wee wee wee with an extremely tiny feminine - sounding voice)

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by 7victor(m): 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2020
Uzomacharles:

Yah...

Ok
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by beauty7: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
You know that the first person that registers in the camp is always made the leader of the other corpers.
During my NYSC camp, this man was always making trouble for corpers.
Another punishment was when we were all called out for parade at about 2am.
It happened about twice.
They sounded the bugle at about 2am instead of 5am and we were made to assemble on the parade ground.
Some were still feeling sleepyhead when the soldiers started the parade.
During the parade,if you failed to get the basics of the parade right, you would be brought out and punished. Or the soldiers would verbally abuse you.
The soldiers called us all sorts of names during parade.
The RSM said we were not good at anything except to eat and go to toilet.
Punishment involved rolling on the floor, squatting and holding your ears, lying face down on the floor, kneeling down,frog jump, etc.
This lasted for 3 weeks.
But the experience was fun. After the camp and you are posted to your place of primary assignment, you begin to miss the camp and the friends you made there.
You wish you could wind back the hand of time to go back and re-experience camp life once again.
During those days when we were in the camp, corpers were praying for the camp to be over.
During lectures, one man said that after the camp, some corpers would wish they came back to the camp to re-experience it once again although they then wanted the 3 weeks to end.
Surprisingly,it was true. After serving for like 6 months, I was beginning to miss camp so much.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Dayoebe(m): 6:50pm On Nov 16, 2020
I read all the comments!!!
I will also contribute to this thread one day... 2023 not feasible anymore, thanks to ASUU.

Before 2025, I know I will graduate.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by HitlerGaddafi: 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2020
Samylekey:
Wamakko Camp, Sokoto under the command of Lieutenant Munagbor (Camp Commandant for 2019B). Lieutenant Munagbor no dey ever smile, always boning face, we corpers feared the man like anything.

One of his popular phrase then when we murmur on parade ground was "You people should beg your soul, if I get one person he or she will be in trouble" everywhere go just silent immediately.

Our troubles started when all this wannabee comedians in camp started using him to crack jokes in the night party, saying lots of things in a bid to be funny.

Matters became worse when a male corper wearing slippers was caught in maami market by the camp commandant but the Corper escaped from his grasp.

Naso soldiers enter male hostel around 1am to pursue all the guys out. We were told to sit on the floor, squat down and place our heads between our legs and whosoever looks up will be severely punished.

After like 20 mins of punishment, he made an offer to us. He asked that the erring Corper come out so others can be freed but nobody gree come out as the erring Corper o, Naso we spend another 20-25 mins serving punishment.

We got released around 1:50am and yet soldiers still came at the normal time of 4:30 to chase corpers out for parade. Mehn, it wasn't easy at all and the funniest thing was that Camp officials and Female corpers didn't know what we faced in the early hours of the day until we told them ourselves.

Later on sha, the Man started smiling and laughing to corpers. He said he was harsh cos he didn't want us to undermine him.

All in all, Camp was funnnnnnn.

Girls were just crushing on this camp commandant even when he was harsh at us cos the man na fine man, still come get nice physique (he no carry big belle like other soldiers)

I miss camp I swear

Wamakko campers, you should know the camp director (One man always saying Corpers wee wee wee with an extremely tiny feminine - sounding voice)
All these lieutenant and captains heading nysc camp are very young guys now most especially the RC (NDA peepes). why una dey fear them. Na those wey join via SSC fit old small coz they for don 30 something before reaching that Captain rank.
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Samylekey(m): 11:11pm On Nov 16, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

All these lieutenant and captains heading nysc camp are very young guys now most especially the RC (NDA peepes). why una dey fear them. Na those wey join via SSC fit old small coz they for don 30 something before reaching that Captain rank.

True that. But this particular man actually commands fear even some soldiers dey fear the man for camp sef
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by HitlerGaddafi: 6:32am On Nov 17, 2020
Samylekey:

True that. But this particular man actually commands fear even some soldiers dey fear the man for camp sef
They don't fear him, they're just trying to respect his rank. In the military, army most especially, heiracchy is taken seriously, you must drop your age at home and obey your superiors.
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Samylekey(m): 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

They don't fear him, they're just trying to respect his rank. In the military, army most especially, heiracchy is taken seriously, you must drop your age at home and obey your superiors.

I totally agree
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Yuneehk(f): 9:57pm On Nov 21, 2020
emorse:

Lol! They made us legends! If you know how many free beers I drink ehn.
Chief alcoholic, well done.
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by mosefin19(m): 4:29am On Nov 22, 2020
geesilver:
the day one man o war asked me to kneel down and frog jump just because we didn't wear our NYSC uniform after 4pm on Sunday. me and one other guy ignored and walked away as if we didn't hear him. others obey whereas deeply inside me I was scared just to form small stubbornness and at the end it pays off........

for those of us that served in the north ....... Wailo camp. Bauchi state.......

Wailo.. lol... I don’t think Dey flog there I love the camp tho.. is when the camp dey sweet corona come start..
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by geesilver(m): 12:44pm On Nov 22, 2020
mosefin19:

Wailo.. lol... I don’t think Dey flog there I love the camp tho.. is when the camp dey sweet corona come start..
they dare not flog it's one of the best place to be
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by emorse(m): 12:14am On Nov 24, 2020
Yuneehk:
Chief alcoholic, well done.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy My runaway lover. How and where have you been?
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Yuneehk(f): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2020
emorse:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy My runaway lover. How and where have you been?
Yeye. I've been around na. I have been good as well. You've been well and drinking I guess? I'm trying to recall what happened but old age won't let me.
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by emorse(m): 7:38am On Nov 29, 2020
Yuneehk:

Yeye. I've been around na. I have been good as well. You've been well and drinking I guess? I'm trying to recall what happened but old age won't let me.
Old age indeed. Smallie like you. Don't forget that the only things you saw on video cassettes were Aki na Ukwa 2 and your first birthday video. Some had to learn to use the VCD and the DVD players. lol

Did that sound like a typical Nairaland 'savage' reply? grin I'm learning that too. lol
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Bellings: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2020
https:///IkW7toxshbZAGcGQpmvhUg
*JOIN THIS GROUP IT IS FOR INFORMATION AND AWARENESS ONLY FOR BATCH B LEAVING CAMP TOMORROW.*
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Kunlelee: 3:51pm On May 15, 2021
mosefin19:

Is mosquito net necessary in Bauchi camp ?
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by lecturer50(m): 9:56am On Sep 22, 2021
The corpers who just left camp yesterday have much to share.
Re: NYSC Camp Punishment : Share Your Experiences by Greatness09: 4:48am On Aug 16
Dayoebe:
I read all the comments!!!

I will also contribute to this thread one day...
2023 not feasible anymore, thanks to ASUU.

Before 2025, I know I will graduate.

Hope you have graduated now though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC Denies Forcing Muslim Corps Member To Shave Beard / Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here / Ebonyi A15 Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.