Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

How To Build a Personal Relationship With God - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Build a Personal Relationship With God (204 Views)

Nekede Poly Furious With Lady Claiming She Graduated With God Help, Private Part / Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel / How To Write A Personal Statement Or Statement Of Purpose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Build a Personal Relationship With God by Gospelcaster(m): 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2020
Building a personal relationship with God should be the quest of every believer.

Every serious believer must look for ways to build a personal relationship with God and sustain one.

The Bible speaks of Enoch saying:

And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him. – Genesis 5:24

Even of Noah

These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. – Genesis 6:9

God expects us to fellowship with Him, know Him, and master His ways. This can only be actualized when we begin to walk with Him.

He told Abraham in Genesis 17:1

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

After calling Him out of his kindred and family, God's purpose for Abraham was for him to build a relationship with Himself.

Even in the beginning, God created man as a being that would be able to communicate with Him and interact with Him.

Before man was created, there was nobody who could interact with God in fellowship and hence no man knew who God was.

The angels and elders only cried "holy, holy". This was their way of describing who God was.

It was deficient in meaning as they called God holy because they did not know who He was.

Holy in this context does not mean holiness. It means to be set apart, to be in one's class.

One of the goals behind the creation of man in Genesis 1 was to correct the issue of building a relationship with God.

So we see how that God would always come down in the cool of the day to fellowship and commune with the man He has created.

And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. – Genesis 3:8

Even as the year 2021 is beginning, one of the matters we must concern ourselves with is building a personal relationship with God.

I trust God to share some steps on how to build a personal relationship with God in this article.

Before I share the ways we could build a relationship with God and maintain fellowship with the Father, I would like to answer an important question.

Some persons may have doubts about the possibility of this spiritual activity. These persons may wonder can I have a relationship with God?

I will answer that.

Can You Build a Relationship With God?

Yes, you can build a relationship with God. Both in the old and new testament, there are records of men who walked with God in fellowship.

During the introduction, I spoke about Enoch, Noah, and how God asked Abraham to walk before Him and be perfect.

It is very possible to have a relationship with God and yes you can have one.

The Bible says,

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. – 1 Corinthians 1:9

In 1 John 1, we see Apostle John explaining certain truths regarding fellowship particularly in verse 3

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

John shows us that they had fellowship with the Word of life and he invited every one of us to do the same.

If Enoch walked before God, if Noah did the same if God asked Abraham to do so, and seeing Apostle Paul's writing to the Corinthians and John's message in 1 John, fellowship with God is possible.

Away from this, let's see how we can build a relationship with God.

READ MORE by clicking How To Build a Personal Relationship With God

(1) (Reply)

Study In Russia / Aim Higher! / Master Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.