Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. (38965 Views)

Photos: Hilarious Names Of Churches/ Ministries / WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing / Churches That Can Lead You To Hell Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by narttis1: 1:17pm On May 08, 2012
@OP,the only problem i have with your post is the list.everything u said about churches being money conscious is true,and pathetic.i always have an issue with pastors requesting money in exchange of financial blessings and 'annointing'.i'm currently in ghana and in recent times,some nigerian pastors have been invited to my church.it amazes me how they twist scriptures to convince people to sow seeds.
In the book of acts,simon the sorcerer attempted to 'sow' into peter's annointing but was rebuked by peter.today,we have a direct opposite.MOGs claim they have the power to unleash God's blessings on those who give to them.

2 Likes

Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by ericpetters(m): 1:19pm On May 08, 2012
U are a capital treacherous human being..who are u to judge this ministries?I pity u and ur blasphemous tongue..y will nairaland forum even publish something like dat??
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by Cyrilmoore: 1:21pm On May 08, 2012
I've passed the stage where I am brainwashed into being crazy about Church. Yes, I'm a Christian but I've got my God and my Bible not some "god of men" who are into "Jesus" Business.

1 Like

Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by philipstanley(m): 1:21pm On May 08, 2012
Mr poster i think u should ask 4 forgiveness cos de bible say touch not my anionted and do my prophect no harm. I was suprise wen u mentioned RCCG in order word ADEBOYE. Let me give u an assignment go and listen 2 daddy G.O MASSAGE AGAIN I PROMISE U U WILL ask 4givness.
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by 4good(m): 1:22pm On May 08, 2012
THANK GOD FOR JESUS' RESPONSE TO THE POSTER OF THIS TREND AND HIS SUPPORTERS

Who owns the Church? Ans = Jesus

What does Jesus say about the Post, the Poster and the supporters?

Ans = Matthew 7:3-5

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

The scripture above will not be applicable to only anyone who has no beam in his/her eyes. The one who is perfect already.

As long as you are human you have no permission from heaven to judge true Churches of Jesus. Jesus has not given such permission to anyone.

However I could understand the zeal of the poster just like the zeal of the people (teachers of the law and Pharisees) that caught the woman in the act of adultery and reported her to Jesus -

John 8:1-11

1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

May God perfect all of us in His knowledge in Jesus name, amen.

1 Like

Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by clementcro(m): 1:22pm On May 08, 2012
Poster, I pity you, when the wrath of God will come upon you, you will, you would prefere the ground opening and swallowing you up, it is just a word, not a curse, you better start asking for forgivness and God's mercy..

#advice#
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by Lovine: 1:24pm On May 08, 2012
What do you understand by holiness? Which church do you attend? What do you say about Roman Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Olumba, Celestial, Sabbath and other white garments, etc Why are you only interested on Pentecostal churches. It is only God who knows who is holy not by outward appearances, so say what you are sure of and also from God's word. What about Islam religion? Are afraid of Boko to mention them?
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by jaysm(f): 1:25pm On May 08, 2012
Evil prevail when good men seems to do nothing so, have a church and preach to them heavenly message u talked about. Why don't u tell these pastors u mentioned face to face as a good man u claimed to be. better person!
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by stokolie(m): 1:30pm On May 08, 2012
Jenwitemi: I know that your religion, the very one you inherited from your parents, is a massive fraud. A huge huge deception that is leading you all to damnation. That much, i know because i have studied it's history whch is as murky as they come.
are you an atheist?
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by ebealways: 1:36pm On May 08, 2012
omar22:

Be careful, do you know what happened to Miriam (Moses's sister) when she started grumbling?

at poster which church did u attend, im sure u dont go to any, u that will be judged that u are judging!!!
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by Unitedabby(m): 1:36pm On May 08, 2012
You guys had better watch your tongues or you might be stepping on God's toes...a word they say,is enough for the wise
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by rayalesh(m): 1:40pm On May 08, 2012
Abbycrown: Who are you to judge? Are you God? The bible says, "judge not, , ". You even need God's mercy for forgiveness. Ask for it before it's too late.

I don't know why some people always behave like a fools, Almighty give us brain for a purpose, if u're saying something that is realistic, they will be saying that God forgive u for some that is true, or u have to be in the spirit for u to understand. if that is the case than our brains are useless. Majority of this churches has derailed in the message of holiness that is the bitter truth.they are all saying what people want to hear not the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by Agimor(m): 1:41pm On May 08, 2012
alexleo:

yeah that is what you people usually quote when you are being told the truth. what is judgmental about what I see? Yet the same bible said- by their fruits we shall know them. So if i see a tree bearing mango fruit and say that the tree is bearing mango fruit what is judgmental about it? And if you see someone committing a crime and tell him to his face does that mean you are judging? These churches preach on TV and radio and people hear them. They sell their sermon tapes, they sell their books and people buy and read. How then do you think it is only when we attend their churches that we will be sure of their line of preaching? I used to listen to pastors chris Oyakhilome, David Oyedepo and some others but when I discovered that they revolve around the same earthly benefits under different sermon topics i stopped. Can we hear sermons that prepare souls for heaven from these pastors please. Enough of this money money preaching.
The world hates to hear the truth but we will keep saying it weather they like it or not.
Nice talk bro.the truth is the most bitter liquid you can offer someone to drink.he who has ear let him hear.
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by peace5050: 1:41pm On May 08, 2012
its wrong to talk about any ministry, i guess the focus should be on you making heaven yourself, making heaven or living holy is not a collective effort
its a personal effort,as for Moutain of fire , i think you are wrong they balance things up well i mean the G.O his talks about heaven and the last days holiness and balances it with prosperity preaching, because its possible u become on unholy if you have need of something and you can not get it, this can lead you holy person to stealing and turning the books. christ says i have come to give life and life abundantly.
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by bestybe(f): 1:46pm On May 08, 2012
Mountain of fire is not like that, I advice u watch your mouth before it gets u into trouble, mfm doesnt preach prosperity, they preach salvation. I guess your count is wrong

1 Like

Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 08, 2012
It seems this poster is a monkey-like person jumping from one church to another and taking wrong notes of rumour and gossips
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by ogr01: 1:48pm On May 08, 2012
I pray that your eyes of understanding be open by the Help of The Holy Spirit.Saul, who latter became Paul did/siad worse than this until his eyes of understanding was opened.
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 08, 2012
nuella2:

Brother his holy highness pls if i am wrong in starting your list correct me o, cos deeper life is obviously not in your prosperity list. I just had an experience with a deeper life brother in front of the church with a big bible in his hand, so pls ans if its in your list, so we can begin the analysis properly.

PLEASE SHUT UR PIEHOLE U FILTHY CUNT!IT ALWAYS HAS 2 B DEEPER LIFE. WHAT HAS DEEPER LIFE DONE 2 YOU?! IM NO DEEPER LIFE MEMBER AND IVE NEVER BEEN TO THEIR CHURCH BUT THE WAY U MAGGOTS ATTACK THAT CHURCH SICKENS ME. BECAUSE THEY DONT BELIEVE WHAT YOU DO DOES THAT MEAN YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO ATTACK THEM? ANIMAL. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by matrixme(m): 1:51pm On May 08, 2012
This is so pathethic, legalistic and shallow. In my own opinion, you're not any better than the Boko haram terrorist group who are trying very hard to enforce their religion ehn, mister righteousness, holiness and church analyst. I wish you wouldn't have played God just now. I really believe penticostialism is the future of christianity, irrespective of the opinions and conclusions of people like yours. Thank you!
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by Chanchit: 1:51pm On May 08, 2012
Jenwitemi: Here is the news; ALL churches, from the beginning of the institutionalized christianity to this very day, all have messages centered on earthly things. ALL OF THEM. Christianity, as a religion, is totally based on earthly things. So, to say that you have a "list" of churches that does what every other church has been doing for almost two millenia shows your total ignorance. Go do ya homework well, alexleo, for you know next to nothing.
God did not give the job of winning soul to a group of people, first i admire ur observation, now its time for action, do all those things that other churches have refused todo, instead of sitting in from of computer, typing robbish..
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 08, 2012
Winners Chapel DID NOT derail from the message of holiness.
It Is what they preach everyday. To say so means you've just never heard Oyedepo speak.
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by Abeyjide: 1:57pm On May 08, 2012
alexleo: Here are a list of churches whose messages centres heavily on earthly things rather than heavenly. In these churches, the message of holiness and eternity is hardly preached. They centre much on messages that the world want to hear and need i say that the high level of greed and corruption that has enveloped our country since these churches came out cannot be compared to what it used to be in the good old days when these churches were not there? This is so because they have ignored the words of our Lord Jesus where he said - seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. Today they make people to seek prosperity first. They keep telling them the benefits of giving their money to the church without reminding them that no matter the amount of money you give to the work of God , if you dont give your soul to him and live a holy life you are heading to hell. They are so much after the people's money that they cant preach the hard core bible truth so as not to lose them as members which automatically amounts to a reduction in their income. We are not suprised though , because Jesus forewarned us in the scriptures that in the last days many false prophets shall arise and shall deceive many in his name. Today the words of Jesus is being fulfiled as we see in most of these new generation churches. This doesn't give a pass mark to all the old generation churches as some of them have derailed too due to the influence of the new generation churches.

winners chapel.
Christ Embassy.
House on the rock.
Redeemed mission.
RCCG.
Synagog church
mountain of fire - they are always pursuing demons.
Jehovah sharp sharp ministry.
KICC.
Rock family.

More are coming.

wat do you mean by all dis u wrote?d devil always use some idle people so as to tarnish men of God.u beta watch ur word before being sanction by God.
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by matrixme(m): 1:58pm On May 08, 2012
And if you really want to learn, the gospel should appeal to people by different means. If I were a poor man, I won't like a gospel like carrot dangling from heaven, rather, bread for today's sustainance. In a poverty-striken country, if we can't learn prosperity from the Church, then where else? In the process of searching for financial answers, God will appear to us with Salvation, just like that Samaritan woman. If you really are a sound christian, then you don't have to play religious hypocrisy.
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 08, 2012
The way people attack God on nairaland these days is quite alarming.Beware of God's wrath.He's watching everyone even if you hide in a hole. If they're actually derailing,the best you can do is pray not weakning other people's belief making the Devil's kingdom rejoice. BEWARE,judgement is the Lords.
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by bman2003: 2:04pm On May 08, 2012
alexleo: Here are a list of churches whose messages centres heavily on earthly things rather than heavenly. In these churches, the message of holiness and eternity is hardly preached. They centre much on messages that the world want to hear and need i say that the high level of greed and corruption that has enveloped our country since these churches came out cannot be compared to what it used to be in the good old days when these churches were not there? This is so because they have ignored the words of our Lord Jesus where he said - seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. Today they make people to seek prosperity first. They keep telling them the benefits of giving their money to the church without reminding them that no matter the amount of money you give to the work of God , if you dont give your soul to him and live a holy life you are heading to hell. They are so much after the people's money that they cant preach the hard core bible truth so as not to lose them as members which automatically amounts to a reduction in their income. We are not suprised though , because Jesus forewarned us in the scriptures that in the last days many false prophets shall arise and shall deceive many in his name. Today the words of Jesus is being fulfiled as we see in most of these new generation churches. This doesn't give a pass mark to all the old generation churches as some of them have derailed too due to the influence of the new generation churches.

winners chapel.
Christ Embassy.
House on the rock.
Redeemed mission.
RCCG.
Synagog church
mountain of fire - they are always pursuing demons.
Jehovah sharp sharp ministry.
KICC.
Rock family.

More are coming.

It's lie brother; you are not perpetuating Jesus' glory. They teach you about prosperity but tell you the way to prosperity is holiness. bros, Jesus is the Judge of His church not you; dont you come here and judge what you dont know. God bless you!
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 08, 2012
As for me, I have never departed and will not from the Baptist church that I was bred from. I will never compromise ♍γ̲̣̣̥ position for all these new generation churches.
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by peace5050: 2:05pm On May 08, 2012
at bestbye please MFM does preach about prosperity, u make need to listen to more messages , there is nothing wrong with prosperity 3john1vs1
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by lonamy: 2:09pm On May 08, 2012
EarsWide: @femcruz

Ashimolowo from KICC is a confirmed fraud - look at this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-652310.0.html

@EarsWide, so bros, what is wrong with the message?

I think you are faced with problems that needs 24hrs miracle, you had better gone to RCCG to go and show into the life of Pastor Adeboye and receive uncommon miracle.
If you think these men of God are fraud, then there is nothing left in you, you need an absolute overhauling. They might to replace your personality. I am being honest with you.
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by hrhobi1(m): 2:09pm On May 08, 2012
We know the truth about these preachers and prophets, but who are we to judge? Even giving offering openly is wrong, pray and shouting is wrong,according to the holy book, mathew 6 1-8 says it all, there are other verses in the bible about these fake pastors and many other verses they will never ever preach in church service

“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Prayer

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by habiolah(m): 2:18pm On May 08, 2012
@OP
what is the point you are making? Is it that you want to correct the churches or criticize them? Or draw their members to your church since it isn't part of the above listed. Pls list the ones that haven't so a brother can know where to attend; and pls indicate where you attend so I'll never move near because I don't want to be taught to become like this i.e. Pointing accusing fingers and criticizing.
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by youngmonie: 2:24pm On May 08, 2012
Ignorance they say is bad.....I ignore ur ignorance...........U clearly havent listened to any of Adeboye's Ministration
Re: Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. by anibaba123: 2:26pm On May 08, 2012
Am feeln d op, dere waz 1 church I went to (witheld) telln his congreation dat its only a poor man that buys 2nd hand cars , dat if we don't have money for new 1s we shld go borrow money frm bank , I was like ..., d next thing waz if u knw u want a new thing in ur life and not second hand u all shld come out and dance to d lord, wht waz so funny waz dis taxi man jumping up and down dat he too wants a new car and wnt to d altar to drop hz money, couldn't help but laF @ d taxi man, he wants a loan to get a new car.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist / Desmond Tutu: Body Of South African Hero To Be Aquamated / Powerful Worship Songs. Sing All This Before Sleeping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.