Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars (55901 Views)

Rattlesnake The Armadas - A Disappointment / Funke Akindele's Name Removed From Avengers: Infinity War Cast / Photos From "The Wedding Party 2" Premiere In Lagos (Arabian Themed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by SexytorresE(f): 7:38am On Nov 15, 2020
Even if they feature Jack bauer I won’t watch . Nollywood is a joke undecided

1 Like

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Burruchaga71(m): 7:39am On Nov 15, 2020
Nkem Owoh should be retain as Odinaka. That man is too much.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by We4all: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2020
Kingsbridge:
Why do all this lazy producers keep reproducing an old film and renaming it, cant this guys write a new story. First it was Living in bondage now this smh

Movies remake are not new in the Western world as they do it all the time. Producers remake movies for numerous reasons which could range from popularity, to wanting to add a touch of glamour to it.

Ask yourself why some musicians remix old songs which sometimes turns out to be better than the original.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by NNEWIsuper: 7:49am On Nov 15, 2020
Edeyoung:

What year did u watch it
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by rattlesnake(m): 7:52am On Nov 15, 2020
Will this movie pay una house rent? angry

Disturbing us all over
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by We4all: 7:58am On Nov 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

There is a certain level of quality and class you just don't tamper with... Rattlesnake, Glamour Girls, Living In Bondage, Things Fall Apart, etc, are such level of class.

Look at the choice of Ahanna character for starters... Is that not a joke taken too far??! They could and should have matched the actor of the past with someone of similar or even better physique and charisma.

Mr, take a chill pill. There is nothing wrong in remaking a movie cos it is also done in the Western world. As a matter of fact, this remake will be far better cos the original has a great story line, but production quality wasn't so great.

As for the choice of Stan as the lead character, I think it was a good decision cos that guy is a better actor compared to the former lead actor. As a matter of fact, I have always thought that Francis Duru lacks any form of charm or charisma and shouldn't be in front of the camera.

1 Like

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Laboni: 8:01am On Nov 15, 2020
BadRadio:
Nairalanders who saw this movie as kids probably saw it in the year 1996-1999, they were still in primary school then... these set of kids were born within 1980's. Most parents who saw this movie then probably must have bitten the dustgrin
No lie.. For me, both parents gone. Was in primary 4 then (January 96), will be 35 next years.. How time flies.. chai. Uwa bu onye tocha, o chere ibe ya!
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Okoroawusa: 8:05am On Nov 15, 2020
Nothing can beat that original rattlesnake...
Nkem owo was so good as odinaka. Paul igwe as ahanna was the bomb. Ejike metuselah n Ann Njemanze were in their prime.

Abeg make them no spoil my memory of that classic.

BTW, when dem wan remake Nneka the pretty serpent? I love the way Nneka keeps saying, "Nem anya n'iru"

1 Like

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 15, 2020
Laboni:
No lie.. For me, both parents gone. Was in primary 4 then (January 96), will be 35 next years.. How time flies.. chai. Uwa bu onye tocha, o chere ibe ya!
grin
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Okoroawusa: 8:13am On Nov 15, 2020
igbosoupkitchen:
Good old movies...

Living in bondage
Evil passion
Nneka the pretty serpent
Blood vapour
Love without language
Forgiven
The one with Chief Ogbuorie, O.O finance
Sorrows of ken
Witch doctor of the living dead
You don old o!

I remember witch doctor of the living dead. It was shot in satellite town Lagos.

In those days they announce a movie on TV for months before it's finally released.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Malawian(m): 8:22am On Nov 15, 2020
Emyogalanya:
Chiwetalu agu comes in for osuofia. This will be classic. But why is sunny mac-don still same no replacement for him. And where is opuriche ahanna sister? And what about julius agwu's dad the politician that is always away. And that ahanna mum and her crimson red lipstick in osuofia house in lagos and her wierd make up in her next film (not movie o). And back to osuofia: ona abu oruo na abani nancy ana akpom lois! Lois na mu jide ya aka mu jide ya aka.
ichie : (to osuofia) kedu onye na akpo ibeya ? O diya lois ka ona akpo?
osuofia : mba mu nwa ka ona akpo lois na mu jide ya aka, ichie kam gwazie gi nancy dizikwa ime( nancy is pregnant.
if you guys think we have forgot this film ? Na lie
The one where they asked the guy who got his cousin pregnant. When the elders gathered to get to the root of the issue, They asked the guy "bia ka ikowa lu anyi ka gu na ihe Siri je" cheesy cheesy
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by edi287: 8:29am On Nov 15, 2020
Will it be on Netflix??
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Mopolchi: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2020
BadRadio:
I wonder if chiwetalu Agu can perform as good as Nkem owoh in the original.
I don't know why they did not invite him and most of the old actor to create a synergy.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Ojukwubucket(m): 8:58am On Nov 15, 2020
=Emyogalanya post=96046999]Chiwetalu agu comes in for osuofia. This will be classic. But why is sunny mac-don still same no replacement for him. And where is opuriche ahanna sister? And what about julius agwu's dad the politician that is always away. And that ahanna mum and her crimson red lipstick in osuofia house in lagos and her wierd make up in her next film (not movie o). And back to osuofia: ona abu oruo na abani nancy ana akpom lois! Lois na mu jide ya aka mu jide ya aka.
osuofia : mba mu nwa ka ona akpo lois na mu jide ya aka, ichie kam gwazie gi nancy dizikwa ime( nancy is pregnant.
I watch it on YouTube grin
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Ojukwubucket(m): 9:01am On Nov 15, 2020
Emyogalanya:
Chiwetalu agu comes in for osuofia. This will be classic. But why is sunny mac-don still same no replacement for him. And where is opuriche ahanna sister? And what about julius agwu's dad the politician that is always away. And that ahanna mum and her crimson red lipstick in osuofia house in lagos and her wierd make up in her next film (not movie o). And back to osuofia: ona abu oruo na abani nancy ana akpom lois! Lois na mu jide ya aka mu jide ya aka.
I watch it on YouTube grin
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Olatara(f): 9:07am On Nov 15, 2020
6digitscomrade:
jurassic park, jumanji, indiana jones
Even James Bond and Anne.

1 Like

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by criuze(m): 9:30am On Nov 15, 2020
Ahanna no be this kain fresh boys that year, na core street kids and men, situations we understand and reflects those days

no carry makeup and fresh boys spoil our Ahanna,

Ahanna was a core survival instincts
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Kingzjayzee: 9:43am On Nov 15, 2020
Plz he can I download the original rattlesnake movie
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by sylve11: 9:51am On Nov 15, 2020
IJOBA2:
SO STARBUCK IS YOUR SECOND MONIKER ABI OK CONTINUE embarassed

BUT WAIT O, PERSON WEY USE MASK COVER FACE FINISH LIKE NINJA NA IM YOU DEY PRAISE FOR HERE grin sad

SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY WRONG SOMEWHERE..

ABEG MY FELLOW THINKER MAKE UNA REASON THIS MATTER ABEG

cheesy cheesy grin cool

1 Like

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by ProT: 9:51am On Nov 15, 2020
Emyogalanya:

If my memory serves me right, Ahanna's father (Sonny McDon) died in part one; how can one easily forget the famous "Nurse kpotele'm daddy mu" line?

3 Likes

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by layzie: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2020
AstuteChap:
I remember the original movie, Rattlesnake. That movie could easily win an Academy Award, along with another early Nollywood movie "Living in Bondage."

Let's hope that the remake outdoes the original smiley

Please see this one, it's a 10 and a half. The story wasn't repeated word for word, comes with a nice twist and modification, plus better cinematography. Great lines, the script writer did well. This is no hype but fact. This one will only be enjoyed,appreciated and understood by those with artistic eyes, not just the average popcorn eater. At the cinema I over heard some young ladies ask "who be amaka igwe" then I knew these were the kids in the house. This is the perfect Nollywood movie to see from now till the new year at the cinemas.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Angelfrost(m): 10:42am On Nov 15, 2020
We4all:

Mr, take a chill pill. There is nothing wrong in remaking a movie as it is done in the Western world. As a matter of fact, this remake will be far better cos the original has a great story line, but production quality wasn't that great.

As for the choice of Stan as the lead character, I think it was a good decision cos that guy is a better actor than the former cast. As a matter of fact, I have always thought that Francis Duru lacks lacks any form of charm or charisma and shouldn't be in front of the camera.

That's your opinion sir... I still resolutely beg to differ.

Still on, I hope they pulled it off anyway... Cos, the preview I saw was quite underwhelming.

And I maintain they could have done better with the casting choices, not just the lead.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by IJOBA2: 10:42am On Nov 15, 2020
sylve11:

cheesy cheesy grin cool
SURELY YOU ARE A THINKER cool
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Angelfrost(m): 10:51am On Nov 15, 2020
layzie:

Please see this one, it's a 10 and a half. The story wasn't repeated word for word, comes with a nice twist and modification, plus better cinematography. Great lines, the script writer did well. This is no hype but fact. This one will only be enjoyed,appreciated and understood by those with artistic eyes, not just the average popcorn eater. At the cinema I over heard some young ladies ask "who be amaka igwe" then I knew these were the kids in the house. This is the perfect Nollywood movie to see from now till the new year at the cinemas.

Hmmm... I hope you are right on this...

I heard even more prior to sitting down to the remake of Living In Bondage, and ended up scratching my head for more.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by enemmo(f): 11:01am On Nov 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

There is a certain level of quality and class you just don't tamper with... Rattlesnake, Glamour Girls, Living In Bondage, Things Fall Apart, etc, are such level of class.

Look at the choice of Ahanna character for starters... Is that not a joke taken too far??! They could and should have matched the actor of the past with someone of similar or even better physique and charisma.

I agree. Stan Nze is a good actor, but to me, Ahanna will always be very handsome and charismatic
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Angelfrost(m): 11:04am On Nov 15, 2020
enemmo:

I agree. Stan Nze is a God actor, but to me, Ahanna will always be very handsome and charismatic

Exactly! Thank you...

I have nothing against the acting mien of Stanley Nze, but there equally great actors with similar build, appearance, and physique of the original Ahanna who would have fit into the role better.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by sylve11: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2020
g4gerald:
Since the 1995 Rattlesnake had Francis Duru as the teenage Ahanna, now dat Francis Duru is an adult and still alive while not still use him as the adult Ahanna, dat wud have made more sense nd gives it a sense of continuation.

exactly.... cool
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by angelfallz(m): 11:26am On Nov 15, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Not really..
Even Hollywood remakes Blockbusters..
Paying homage to a great Movie doesn't mean a lack of ideas..

Lol, my brother hollywood has been stagnant for years. it is so bad that, they now remake classic cartoons eg. Lion King, and call it live action.

Nollywood should not in my opinion be remaking movies at this stage. Hollywood is really old, so it is a bit understandable when they do it.

The bolded,
it depends, do you mean classic movies? Asin iconic movies. If yes, then you don't pay homage to such movies by remaking them. You pay homage to them by re-releasing them.
Classic movies are classic for a reason. It means they were perfect, no addition no subtraction is needed.

Al Pacino would always be Don Michael Corleone in the eyes of many people. Imagine one studio would now want to do a remake of "The Godfather". Julie Andrews would always be Maria in the eyes of many people. Imagine one studio would now want to do a remake of "The Sound of Music". That would be madness

Studios that do remakes of such films are just cash grabbing studios.

*Those are my opinions* Yeah i am that nostalgic!

**ADDED**
i even forgot to add Titanic. Dont allow me to go naked and swear for any studio that would even dream of doing the remake of Titanic. grin grin grin
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by layzie: 11:43am On Nov 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

Hmmm... I hope you are right on this...

I heard even more prior to sitting down to the remake of Living In Bondage, and ended up scratching my head for more.

The key to actually appreciating a movie is going there without expecting to see a block buster. Like I did, I went to relive an old memory and was greatly impressed because I didn't expect it to be better, but it was, mainly because the story was blended nicely, great additions to the original story to give it a different actual ending, unlike part two of rattlesnake where he was shot,but not exactly dead and we are still expecting "watch out for the return of rattlesnake" as was written at the end that was inconclusive. I haven't given anything away . Just go and see it and co e back to give your own review.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by layzie: 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

He could have done better with the 2 lead characters: Ahanna and Peter.

For Ahanna, Bryan Okwarra, Prince Nelson (BBNaija), Okey Uzoeshi, or Eyinna Nwigwe would have been more like it.

The character of ahanna requires ruggedness, the above mentioned are pretty boys good for a romantic or softer role. Stan Nze is perfect, the right age, right physique fitness wise, a good command of the Igbo language and interprets diverse roles well as seen in many of his movies. Bryan Okwara is a flat actor, what he even doing on your list? All his movies I have seen had poor delivery, his dressing and pretty looks is all he has to offer until he proves himself otherwise. Francis duru is out of it, seen him lately? Older and out of shape so no place for him here as lead or even supporting roles. All other actors were well suited as well for each character potrayed. Ramsey did a good job on the casting in this remake.

Note: Living in bondage was not a remake, but a sequel...meaning continuation of a story that's why it was about Andy's son and not Andy the old lead character himself. flash backs and references were added in the movie to link it up.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2020
BadRadio:
Any one who remembers this movie should be above 35, pls marry now before you rest in peacegrin

Bros na lie... not all of us! I was around 6 yrs old then and I still remember the movie, even if not so well but I kinda understood the hype and intrigue from what older siblings and friends said.

Not just this movie but others like... living in bondage, sorrows of Ken etc grin grin grin
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2020
Indomie generation will not like the hype going on in this thread... wink wink lipsrsealed

Somebody put the meme of that man wailing with his hand on the right side of his face below.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Review Any Movie / Kechi Okwuchi Comes 6th In The America's Got Talent That Just Got Concluded / BBNaija: Teddy A's Fans To Welcome Him To Nigeria With A Hummer Limo Lincoln

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.