Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,827 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars (55900 Views)

Rattlesnake The Armadas - A Disappointment / Funke Akindele's Name Removed From Avengers: Infinity War Cast / Photos From "The Wedding Party 2" Premiere In Lagos (Arabian Themed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Cashio(m): 12:09am On Nov 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

There is a certain level of quality and class you just don't tamper with... Rattlesnake, Glamour Girls, Living In Bondage, Things Fall Apart, etc, are such level of class.

Look at the choice of Ahanna character for starters... Is that not a joke taken too far??! They could and should have matched the actor of the past with someone of similar or even better physique and charisma.
Let's just watch and see....The quality and class of those movies as u pointed, makes them worthy of remaking. No be all movies them dey remake nah.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by beautyhd: 12:31am On Nov 15, 2020
Emyogalanya:
Chiwetalu agu comes in for osuofia. This will be classic. But why is sunny mac-don still same no replacement for him. And where is opuriche ahanna sister? And what about julius agwu's dad the politician that is always away. And that ahanna mum and her crimson red lipstick in osuofia house in lagos and her wierd make up in her next film (not movie o). And back to osuofia: ona abu oruo na abani nancy ana akpom lois! Lois na mu jide ya aka mu jide ya aka.
ichie : (to osuofia) kedu onye na akpo ibeya ? O diya lois ka ona akpo?
osuofia : mba mu nwa ka ona akpo lois na mu jide ya aka, ichie kam gwazie gi nancy dizikwa ime( nancy is pregnant.
if you guys think we have forgot this film ? Na lie

Ahh, you tried to remember the lines and characters. Apart from nkem bu nkem and nkeanyi but nkeanyi, I don't think I can remember anyother thing said in that movie
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Daniwak: 12:47am On Nov 15, 2020
BadRadio:
Any one who remembers this movie should be above 35, pls marry now before you rest in peacegrin
31 o
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by OMONGBALI: 12:57am On Nov 15, 2020
DrBrainstorm:
I'm allergic to Nollywood

Try Coming from insanity
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by IDENNAA(m): 1:37am On Nov 15, 2020
ARMADAS !!!

1 Like

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by seanchuks: 1:41am On Nov 15, 2020
starbuck:
Lalasticlala and anything snake

Nigerians go hype this one again like the way they did in 'Living in bondage' remake

Modified grin grin

Festus to commentus
Lalasticlala, anything for your girl
u get the living in bondage film?...or link to download pls if u have give to me. Thanks
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by seanchuks: 1:50am On Nov 15, 2020
Kellie069:
I watched this movie this evening at the cinema. Intriguing and interesting movie. It had star personalities. Ramsey Nouah, chiwatala agu, AY, even that. Bbn naija girl Nengi
share the movie to us let's download pls...thanks
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by chatinent: 2:37am On Nov 15, 2020
lalasticlala:
'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story': a remake of the 1995 Nollywood blockbuster, Rattlesnake was Premiered in cinemas yesterday.

Rattlesnake was originally written, produced and directed by the late Amaka Igwe. The 1995 Rattlesnake had the following cast:
Francis Duru (Ahanna Teenager)
Okey Igwe (Ahanna adult)
Chris Iheuwa
Ejike Metusela (Peter Senior)
Obiageli Molube
Anne Njemanze (Amara)
Ernest Obi
Nkem Owoh
Bob-Manuel Udokwu
Ebele Uzochukwu
Julius Agwu (Peter Junior)
Ndidi Anyanuka
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12681015_images44_jpeg_jpeg1b83d9c9431983f4d7bcb9a634bc66d3 photo of Late Amaka Igwe

25 years after Rattlesnake was originally produced, Ramsey Nouah and Charles Okpaleke came up with the remake: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story'

Producer: Chris Odeh
Executive producer: Charles Okpaleke
Director: Ramsey Nouah

'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' stars Stan Nze as the lead character alongside Osas Ighodaro, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Bucci Franklin as Nzenozo, Efa Iwara, AY Makun, Emeka Nwagbaraocha, Brutus Richards, Odera Adimorah, and Elma Mbadiwe.

Also cast in the production are Nollywood veterans including Chiwetalu Agu as Odinaka, Sonny McDon as Louis, Nobert Young, Gloria Young, Chinyere Wilfred, Cassandra Odita, Fred Amata and Ejike Asiegbu.

'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP6scfPEyyQ

'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' post Premiere reactions by celebrities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQE8mqG-uFo

Photo credit: Playnetworkstudios

Na so dem hype LionHeart but las las, Phyno no speak English.

The only actress who interests me there is Omotoya. Love her roles.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by jeff1607(m): 3:00am On Nov 15, 2020
Zyxzzzz:
rattle snake my movie that year, early 90s

Make them nor go spoil am now o

Rattlesnake
Karashika
Wiliewillie
Igodo
Things fall apart

Na that time Nigeria Dy try for their movies . Not now again

What about isakaba, amadioha ,silent night and co?
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Nobody: 3:11am On Nov 15, 2020
Its still a modern day Nigeria movie

I won't watch.....OKOCHI WILL STILL LOOK MORE MATURE THAN THIS NEW ONE
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by ussv: 4:09am On Nov 15, 2020
Kudo to whoever put this together, including the poster, great job.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Edeyoung: 4:24am On Nov 15, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Not true I'm 29 but I watched it

What year did u watch it
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by caprini1: 4:27am On Nov 15, 2020
Kingsbridge:
Why do all this lazy producers keep reproducing an old film and renaming it, cant this guys write a new story. First it was Living in bondage now this smh
Even Hollywood remakes movies: Spiderman,Superman,King kong, Zombie,Dracula,Wonder woman, incredible Hulk,etc have all been previously made in the 60,s and 70,s.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Edeyoung: 4:30am On Nov 15, 2020
Yxxx:

Thank you. Very lazy...it will soon become a trend.
Let the old movies be. Come up with your own idea.

Bro let it be a trend we got no movies now to act again

Getting people attention to nolloywood won't be easy but this trend will do d trick
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Kayharry(m): 4:30am On Nov 15, 2020
Kingsbridge:
Why do all this lazy producers keep reproducing an old film and renaming it, cant this guys write a new story. First it was Living in bondage now this smh
what the new thing happening? There is no more story ,story don finish . There is nothing new again on earth . It's expired already . Even american movies na old story Dem dey remake.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Kellie069(m): 5:11am On Nov 15, 2020
seanchuks:
share the movie to us let's download pls...thanks

I watched it at the cinema
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 15, 2020
g4gerald:
Since the 1995 Rattlesnake had Francis Duru as the teenage Ahanna, now dat Francis Duru is an adult and still alive while not still use him as the adult Ahanna, dat wud have made more sense nd gives it a sense of continuation.

Totally agree , and give us that connection with the old story just like Andy okeke in the remake....Francis Agu would have just been perfect , he is all I remeber in that movie too, the movie was popular back then by his name "ahanna"

2 Likes

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 15, 2020
Good old movies...

Living in bondage
Evil passion
Nneka the pretty serpent
Blood vapour
Love without language
Forgiven
The one with Chief Ogbuorie, O.O finance
Sorrows of ken
Witch doctor of the living dead
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Godson32(m): 5:36am On Nov 15, 2020
Nnemuka:
Wait, AY is in the movie?
Disappointed...

He is not a good actor
Abeg leave AY alone, at least he is a good hustler.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by 6digitscomrade: 5:37am On Nov 15, 2020
lalasticlala:
everyday people I miss sam loco efe

1 Like

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by 6digitscomrade: 5:38am On Nov 15, 2020
caprini1:
Even Hollywood remakes movies: Spiderman,Superman,King kong, Zombie,Dracula,Wonder woman, incredible Hulk,etc have all been previously made in the 60,s and 70,s.
jurassic park, jumanji, indiana jones
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by kechywillz(m): 5:42am On Nov 15, 2020
This is one of the movie I don't want nollywood to spoil,its to classic to remake

1 Like

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by femi4: 6:01am On Nov 15, 2020
Norbert n Gloria young in one film...okay

Why is Nengi highlighted like waka pass
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Dreadful: 6:19am On Nov 15, 2020
Okey Igwe (Ahanna) killed that movie that year.
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by kendrick9(m): 6:22am On Nov 15, 2020
Kingsbridge:
They are following Hollywood footsteps....
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Barryseal: 6:28am On Nov 15, 2020
Rattle snake ranks up there with Coming to America on my humble list of favorite movies ever. I know word for word each scene.
The low point for me in this remake is the language. If Amaka Igwe was still alive, she wouldn't have given concent to them turn this to an English movie.
They should have kept the movie in the pure original unadulterated Igbo language and subtitled into different languages. Its just lazy making this movie in English.

2 Likes

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by nams77: 6:40am On Nov 15, 2020
Emyogalanya:
Chiwetalu agu comes in for osuofia. This will be classic. But why is sunny mac-don still same no replacement for him. And where is opuriche ahanna sister? And what about julius agwu's dad the politician that is always away. And that ahanna mum and her crimson red lipstick in osuofia house in lagos and her wierd make up in her next film (not movie o). And back to osuofia: ona abu oruo na abani nancy ana akpom lois! Lois na mu jide ya aka mu jide ya aka.
ichie : (to osuofia) kedu onye na akpo ibeya ? O diya lois ka ona akpo?
osuofia : mba mu nwa ka ona akpo lois na mu jide ya aka, ichie kam gwazie gi nancy dizikwa ime( nancy is pregnant.
if you guys think we have forgot this film ? Na lie
Funny enough, I can't remember anything about this flick. I am sure i watched it. I watched living in bondage, true confession and the whole gamut of movies that year. In fact true confession still strikes a chord in me. I am humming the soundtrack right now in my head
That's where I fell in love with the screen goddess, Liz Benson grin

I will like to see the original flick of rattle snake first before this remake.
Anyway, I have moved away from nollywood and their bullcrap. Except i am watching it with someone.
I prefer high-octane movies, the sort Jason statham dishes out.

1 Like

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Lovelyn451(f): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2020
starbuck:
Lalasticlala and anything snake

Nigerians go hype this one again like the way they did in 'Living in bondage' remake

Modified grin grin

Festus to commentus
Lalasticlala, anything for your girl
living in bondage was underated sef, the only Nigeria movie I can watch again and again without feeling bored
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by BanevsJoker(m): 6:59am On Nov 15, 2020
Nnemuka:
Wait, AY is in the movie?
Disappointed...

He is not a good actor
Not a good comedian either. He is just the embodiment of the word "packaging".

1 Like

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by raystanley(m): 7:30am On Nov 15, 2020
samuelchimmy:
Rattlesnake was so good. Those pioneers should come back and start making good movies for us. This present generation is nothing to write home about
This movie scared daylight out of me then, and made me cry hell...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by lkillbrokehoes: 7:31am On Nov 15, 2020
Nnemuka:
Wait, AY is in the movie? Disappointed...
He is not a good actor
True
Re: 'Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story' Premiere: Meet The Cast & Stars by Pimpstar: 7:37am On Nov 15, 2020
For amaka picture... she no press Trigger oo amd bullet commot
cheesy cheesy

Their graphics work show say hype dey this movie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Review Any Movie / Kechi Okwuchi Comes 6th In The America's Got Talent That Just Got Concluded / BBNaija: Teddy A's Fans To Welcome Him To Nigeria With A Hummer Limo Lincoln

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.