Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:54 PM

Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG (40318 Views)

Yeiiii... My Fellow Teachers, FG Has Done It Again!!!! / NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC / PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by Idamond: 11:29am On Nov 15, 2020
see as them dey talk like say them on employ all the first class and 2.1 graduate mtcheew
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by Aniebosky: 11:37am On Nov 15, 2020
nonsense people
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by blowjohn(m): 11:44am On Nov 15, 2020
Oh gosh!
This country.
Oh God pls help clear these old men from our political sphere.
Spare their lives to change . Amen.
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by matm: 11:50am On Nov 15, 2020
Depending on the level of education of learners.Teaching in the primary schools is the most difficult no matter how brilliant u are as a teacher.To these kids,your big grammar is entertainment.For them to follow,you must come down to their level using visible objects,songs,demonstrations and teach and re-teach methods which sap energy and consume much time.You even have to hold some by hand to teach them how to write.In teaching reading u start with abcd,to formation of one letter word,two etc before moving to simple sentence.Ask them a question after that,and many can respond.And before u know it,one of them has pissed,committed or pissed in the class,which stops ur teaching for some time.It requires extra ordinary patience to handle them which is not easy.Primary school teachers deserve the highest pay.If

1 Like

Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by Kcgeology: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2020
Why not extend it as a criteria to run for national assembly. After all we need best brains in making policies.. Mtchew
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by Jacksparrow7(m): 11:56am On Nov 15, 2020
Laslasticlala.. come and see something grin grin
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by Lighthouse50: 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
Gerrard59:

Do you have any study to prove the percentage you have there? shocked
not really, thats an assumption
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by bobochem: 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
Being a teacher goes beyond university grade but passion for the profession.With the handful numbers of private university dishing out fantastic grade to their students compare to public university.So,a level playing ground should be given to the first,2.1 and 2.2 classes to defend and to prove the competency.
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by Romanus123: 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
How many of them in the ruling party can boost of having first class or 2:1?
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by VTJN(m): 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2020
Lighthouse50:
I wish i could compile all these government talks together to make a comedy skit.
Truth is 70% of first class graduates in Nigeria are fake. They bribe their way to get that. So its not a bad thing for a bad government to employ bad graduates into the bad schools existing in a bad country...
You lied, no 1st class bribed his/her way out of school.

2 Likes

Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by EmmaOgbu(m): 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
As if the minister of labour, education and so graduated with even 2:2
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by Gerrard59(m): 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
Lighthouse50:

not really, thats an assumption

So you just sit in your house and assume that 70% of first class graduates from Nigerian universities bribe their way through and are fake? Honestly, do you think that is a normal way to reason?

VTJN:
You lied, no 1st class bribed his/her way out of school.

Well, he said it is an AsSuMpTiOn grin

2 Likes

Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by VTJN(m): 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
Dpaulie:

I no get first class, but at least 2 of my employees are 2:1 holder, hoping to have a first class holder as one of my employees too, not difficult to have them but I don’t discriminate between 2:1 and first class, what I really need is productivity
Good day sir, i wish to join your team to work efficiently. I'm a fresh graduate who came out top of his class.

1 Like

Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by tit(f): 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
But no qualifications needed to join Nigeria army and police
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
mespusinglez:
If The Pay Is 200K above

they're welcome
I hope you know graduate entry earn below 50k in states
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by Chigorkizz(m): 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2020
Most comments here comes out of Envy. First class and 2.1 no dey easy.

Look at how people with poor grades are saying rubbish about 1st class and 2nd class.

If you are good then what stops you from making 1st class or 2nd class.

Envy kill you there!!! Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by oche2020: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2020
This country will never stop to amaze me, how on Earth will you want to only employ a first class graduate to teach when you haven't make teaching a lucrative job yet,

I think it's high time they place a standard in the political offices as well. If it's wise to have very good students in the educational sector, it's also very wise to have them ruling this country.

I come in peace

1 Like

Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by galaxy2020(m): 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2020
Stupid policy...
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by specialmati(m): 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2020
uselessness runs in the blood of all this political class.why can't they put that measure for the house of rep ,senate and presidency.mad and evil leaders
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by 21savages: 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
tobechi74:
That one is first class does not mean he will make a good teacher.
In short, most first class graduates know the course but find it difficult to transfer the knowledge to children

does subject create terrible teachers ?” That is

Will a good teacher suddenly turn terrible simple because he is assigned to teach a particular course ?”

I examined the course in question and realized the subject itself are difficult to understand. Mathematics for example is dreaded by student. These students manage to learn enough to graduate and forget a large amount of what Is learnt immediately after graduation. Because of the unemployment problem in the country, these students find themselves as teachers and lecturers and are asked to teach the subject they once hated. The hatred for the subject resurfaces coupled with the fact that they do not know much. As a teacher,they have to maintain the illusion that they know. They do this by putting up a wicked looking face to scare students from asking much question so as not to expose their incompetence.

Secondly, some subjects are difficult to teach. Some phenomenon can be explained best using computer stimulated teaching aids which are unavailable in most academic institution. It takes a genius teacher to use an a better concept to relate the subject to the student interest for better comprehension.

But terrible teaching is not just a function of subject. Teachers personality. have a role to play. Highly Temperamental teachers make terrible teachers.impatient teachers do not give students enough opportunity to make mistake. They expect students to get it right at first attempt and would rush the scheme of work despite student slow comprehension ability. People who do not enjoy being around children make terrible teachers.

Becoming a better teacher requires a great deal of effort to know and understand the subject more,and be willing to change bones behavior in the classroom.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/08/30/great-teachers-vs-terrible-teachers/
pls are u a teacher.
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by 21savages: 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
21savages:
pls are u a teacher?
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by 21savages: 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2020
tobechi74:
In short, most first class graduates know the course but find it difficult to transfer the knowledge to children

Will a good teacher suddenly turn terrible simple because he is assigned to teach a particular course ?”

I examined the course in question and realized the subject itself are difficult to understand. Mathematics for example is dreaded by student. These students manage to learn enough to graduate and forget a large amount of what Is learnt immediately after graduation. Because of the unemployment problem in the country, these students find themselves as teachers and lecturers and are asked to teach the subject they once hated. The hatred for the subject resurfaces coupled with the fact that they do not know much. As a teacher,they have to maintain the illusion that they know. They do this by putting up a wicked looking face to scare students from asking much question so as not to expose their incompetence.

Secondly, some subjects are difficult to teach. Some phenomenon can be explained best using computer stimulated teaching aids which are unavailable in most academic institution. It takes a genius teacher to use an a better concept to relate the subject to the student interest for better comprehension.

But terrible teaching is not just a function of subject. Teachers personality. have a role to play. Highly Temperamental teachers make terrible teachers.impatient teachers do not give students enough opportunity to make mistake. They expect students to get it right at first attempt and would rush the scheme of work despite student slow comprehension ability. People who do not enjoy being around children make terrible teachers.

Becoming a better teacher requires a great deal of effort to know and understand the subject more,and be willing to change bones behavior in the classroom.

pls are u a teacher
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by 21savages: 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2020
tobechi74:

pls are u a teacher?
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by ZIAZI(m): 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2020
Jonathan39:
Some of you amaze me. Some first class and second class upper don't know what?

You think because you know, the next person would too? Grades do not totally define a person's level of intelligence. I repeat, a person with a 3rd class can dwarf even a 1st class student academically. Bro, if you do copy and paste (la cram la pour) in an exam, you'd definitely be an A student. But does that mean you're intelligent?
You reason am nah
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by greatefa1011(m): 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2020
Then age shouldn't be a barrier. Cos so many first class graduate's children are are getting married now.
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by piagetskinner(m): 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
Dumb govt... how many first class want to be teachers

Even 3class no want
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
BrutusOj:
As if quota system won't be use in employing the teachers again. You will be surprised when they select someone from Zamfara with 3rd class and leave an applicant from Imo with first class because they need to fulfil federal character requirements.
ask those who school in the North they'll tell u who we are not u who always listen to bigots who feed u with lies from the pit of hell. u dey comment as if u get 3r class sef
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by Originalsly: 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2020
Amos1423:
I can't fit laugh!

Of course there's no difference this days with our first class graduates and those who have only waec certificate, sadly our Universities have been reduced to a mere higher certificate receiving institution as they've since failed in instilling true values

Soooo on point.
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by Jonathan39: 3:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
You don't get first class by cramming in science departments I don't know about art departments. There are times when you have to prove your first class material, even your Lecturers are always in the watch for this period. A third class graduate can floor a first class graduate in some field, no doubt people have their strength and weakness. But when it comes to overall we all know what will happen. That's why you get first class by sitting for one exam.
ZIAZI:

You think because you know, the next person would too? Grades do not totally define a person's level of intelligence. I repeat, a person with a 3rd class can dwarf even a 1st class student academically. Bro, if you do copy and paste (la cram la pour) in an exam, you'd definitely be an A student. But does that mean you're intelligent?
You reason am nah
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by BrutusOj(m): 3:11pm On Nov 15, 2020
Coronabirus:
ask those who school in the North they'll tell u who we are not u who always listen to bigots who feed u with lies from the pit of hell. u dey comment as if u get 3r class sef
This thread is not for people like you. Read through your post again and see if you understand the nonsense you wrote above.
Re: Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG by abidem4real: 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mixed Reactions At FUTO When Their Resumption Date Was Announced / Student Moulds Bronze Sculpture Of The Ooni Of Ife For His Project (Photos) / Imo State University (IMSU) 2012/2013 Admissions & Post Ume Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.