Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience (35579 Views)

Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV / Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? / Has Anyone In Nigeria Ever Gotten A Job From Indeed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by jokotus: 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2020
I got employee in 2013 through the Linkdle for the Egina project manage by Total Nig.. It's real but your experience matter a lot.
The project involved three major consortium and honestly the offer is more better than where I work before

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Jackson105: 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2020
My LinkedIn account keep getting restricted, I will open another one, it will get restricted in 2 days, I don't know my offence o. Can someone help
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by ford101: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2020
Coldie:

Abuja thats a goldmine.

If u have funds I can tell u where to go to invest in abuja right now ur profit is assured
yes I have some money.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 17, 2020
AbamOnyerubi:

I thought I was the only one that have observed this. Those guys will make you think you're not just doing enough for yourself, you'll start asking yourself questions. cheesy
The motivational speakers are the most annoying. Talking unrealistic things. If my employee is sleeping, I allow him to sleep cause he is tired from home. Wicked employers will be there saying yes and liking the post, in reality, they go back to punishing their employees. Fake people full LinkedIn.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by sixtus3606(m): 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2020
BlueBanana:
Ofen times I hear people say that LinkedIn is one of the best places to land a job especially for people in the tech industry.

However, I have never heard of Nairalanders landing jobs through LinkedIn. So I will like to ask, has anyone gotten a job through LinkedIn?. Also, share your job hunting experience on the platform

I have landed several jobs via LinkedIn. The secret is; apart from your qualification, experience, or skills; your profile composition and the tone of professional personality online plays a major role. I have gotten several jobs, even without applying. Most times, I just get a notification that someone viewed my profile and the next thing, I get a private message from employer(s).

Just go and fine-tune your LinkedIn profile. I am not a MSc or PhD holder, but just a HND and quite a number of online digital courses certification holder.

You can view and follow me on LinkedIn via https://www.linkedin.com/in/sixtus-ekeocha-b1b057104/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by blazesam(m): 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2020
That stupid site.... Before they advertise there, job what so ever is been closed
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by oluwabigloba: 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2020
Yes. I got my first job after NYSC in 2017 through LinkedIn. It all depends on your profile. The groups(firms) you have as connection also matters.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Ffolksy: 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2020
Yes, twice. I was contacted directly by the recruiters.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by GloShare(m): 6:51pm On Nov 17, 2020
AbdlRashid:

This your analysis may not be true. I have gotten several job invites from LinkedIn . It just requires you updating your page with the right skills and what you can offer. When Employers search for some skills, if you have such skill on your profile, it will definitely pop up and you would be invited. Don't underestimate the power of good CV and profile on LinkedIn. It is not really good for fresh graduates without experience except the person is looking for internships.

Just you out of how many millions of other nigerians? You still battle man know man and other vices.

My analysis still stands.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by demefaboy(m): 7:17pm On Nov 17, 2020
Rubbish place , i see people typing professional profile. Most of u typing that my profile is more professional than yours. That place is shit
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Glaswegian: 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2020
I was contacted by PwC who was headhunting for a position for Netherlands Consulate in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Sirwallace(m): 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2020
Cation25:
Yes. An HRM of a firm messaged me on seeing my profile. He asked if I would be available for an interview at his office...I got the job!
At that time I was even looking for ways to resign from my then-present job due to low pay and much stress but God did it for me effortlessly. You can have a nicely crafted LinkedIn profile, but you still need the grace of God, especially in this country that everything has turn upside down...

I tried opening a foreign (US) profile on LinkedIn...Omoh, e be like every week naim recruiter the message me for interview.

May God save us in this country.

thanks for sharing your experience. you mind if I can comment with you on LinkedIn and get a glimpse of your CV also?

I will really appreciate.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Vecto(m): 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2020
sixtus3606:

I have landed several jobs via LinkedIn. The secret is; apart from your qualification, experience, or skills; your profile composition and the tone of professional personality online plays a major role. I have gotten several jobs, even without applying. Most times, I just get a notification that someone viewed my profile and the next thing, I get a private message from employer(s).

Just go and fine-tune your LinkedIn profile. I am not a MSc or PhD holder, but just a HND and quite a number of online digital courses certification holder.

You can view and follow me on LinkedIn via https://www.linkedin.com/in/sixtus-ekeocha-b1b057104/
I went through your profile and i must say, I was really inspired by your experience(s) while job-hunting.

Was it while you were in school that you acquired the skills?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2020
Coldie:

Keep going to LinkedIn no go farm
Shut up. You people will stay in ur uk and be doing carer work but be talking trash about Nigerians in Nigeria
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Coldie(m): 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2020
anastasius:

Shut up. You people will stay in ur uk and be doing carer work but be talking trash about Nigerians in Nigeria
Enemies of Nigeria. No matter what u say it won't stop Nigeria from being great
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by piagetskinner(m): 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2020
For experienced Hires yes..

Newbies not really
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Yaks02(m): 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2020
GloShare:
In nigeria, the chances are 0.00001%.

Outside nigeria, the chances are very high.

commot for nigeria
100% right oh
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2020
Coldie:

Enemies of Nigeria. No matter what u say it won't stop Nigeria from being great
APShit
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Coldie(m): 11:45pm On Nov 17, 2020
anastasius:

APShit
Pdpiss

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Danger1000(m): 11:56pm On Nov 17, 2020
BornToSucced:
My first job after my final year exams was via LinkedIn.

I have gotten several interviews invites from LinkedIn.....................Early this year, I declined an offer from a global development consulting firm here in Lagos. The HR even asked me to recommend someone since I wasn't interested. The few individuals I tried to linked up with the job on LinkedIn only responded to my messages after a week grin

Like someone said earlier, you need a verifiable work experience and skills.

Mind you, I am in Admin function, but with skills across project management and data analytics.

What and what would one need to add to his/her profile
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by BabaAduras: 12:20am On Nov 18, 2020
BlueBanana:
Ofen times I hear people say that LinkedIn is one of the best places to land a job especially for people in the tech industry.

However, I have never heard of Nairalanders landing jobs through LinkedIn. So I will like to ask, has anyone gotten a job through LinkedIn?. Also, share your job hunting experience on the platform

I got my present job with an LNG exporting company in the US through LinkedIn.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Amarisco(f): 1:57am On Nov 18, 2020
I think LinkedIn is very efficient for only a small margin of career types out of thousands - as was mentioned before.

Other than that, it’s basically a typical social media platform where people can spy on what you have and do academically/professionally. I personally don’t like that.

Here’s a fairly recent company established by a British Nigerian for young black professionals only - without the need for this blended social media experience.

https://byp-network.com/

I attended their virtual annual conference last month and was blown away. They cater to every sector and partner with distinguished global brands, names and directors.

Job wise, they do get a lot of international poachers trying to diversify their talent pool - you know, the push for anti-racism and all.

Plus, unapologetically black cool.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by sixtus3606(m): 6:45am On Nov 18, 2020
Vecto:
I went through your profile and i must say, I was really inspired by your experience(s) while job-hunting.

Was it while you were in school that you acquired the skills?
Yes please...and up till date, I am still acquiring new skills.

I am currently running a masterclass program on Website Design. I will be done by December. That's a major achievement for me This year.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Vecto(m): 7:07am On Nov 18, 2020
sixtus3606:
Yes please...and up till date, I am still acquiring new skills.

I am currently running a masterclass program on Website Design. I will be done by December. That's a major achievement for me This year.

That's cool, alright. Kindly reference the source you used when learning graphics and web design.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by sixtus3606(m): 9:25am On Nov 18, 2020
Vecto:

That's cool, alright. Kindly reference the source you used when learning graphics and web design.
HubSpot Academy. For Graphics, Udemy (Although, i am self-taught).

Goodluck to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Elbizzcklinz(m): 9:35am On Nov 18, 2020
BlueBanana:

Wow, interesting. What was your niche?
Digital Marketing, Web Development, and product management.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Kingzy4pep(m): 10:25am On Nov 18, 2020
montumonami:
I wish I could. If I had the capacity I would have already linked someone by now.
I understand bro..
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Amarisco(f): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
Whypo:

Sadly you'll end up your life like this.....Jobless mofo

Abba! Why are you taking your frustrations out on him!?
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Amarisco:

Abba! Why are you taking your frustrations out on him!?

What's ur damn business??
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Amarisco(f): 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
Whypo:

What's ur damn business??

Abeg comot. You know am before? Don’t be a bully.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Amarisco:

Abeg comot. You know am before? Don’t be a bully.

Ama hit you hard....damn hoe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is N150,000 Monthly A Good Salary ? / Chevron Nig Ltd Accepting Hard Copy Cv / Nigeria Police Force Batch2016 Recruitment (APRIL 1st)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.