Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? (3057 Views)

NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway / Recommend A Nice Place For Vacation In Lagos Please / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by We4all: 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2020
A close relative is planning a 3 months vacation for a family member. His planned destination is Florida or any other state in the US with a mild weather.

He wants to have a clue on the amount he should budget for accommodation and feeding. His questions are:

1. Which affordable state in the US with a friendly weather should he consider?

2. Can he rent an apartment as a tourist? If yes, what is the average cost? Or is it better to lodge in an hotel? If yes, what is the average least cost for a 3 or 4 star hotel?

3. Do all apartments in the US come fully furnished, and does rent covers electricity, water and gas bills? If no, then what is the average cost for these bills?

4. Is it more economical to prepare meals for the duration of his stay or do you suggest he eats out?

5. What other bills should he expect to pay as a tourist/visitor?

All contributions are welcome even if you reside in Oshodi and doesn't have a black and white passport. tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2020
Non essential travel during covid times is that not madness

1 Like

Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by We4all: 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2020
Kekereekun123:

That doesn't answer the question. What you consider non essential, isn't for someone else. The people travelling, are they going for a funeral?

1 Like

Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2020
We4all:

That doesn't answer the question. What you consider non essential, isn't for someone else. The people travelling, are they going for a funeral?
go on YouTube there are lots of videos on it. 3 months vacation Even dangote wont go on 3 months vacation

4 Likes

Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by We4all: 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
Kekereekun123:
go on YouTube there are lots of videos on it. 3 months vacation Even dangote wont go on 3 months vacation

Learn to keep your mouth shut if you got nothing to say. Don't be ignorant cos the term "vacation" is relative and encompasses a lot. It doesn't necessarily means one is going to sleep all day. Do you know whether he intends to use the time for an online project and needs a location across the continent? Or wants to use the time to negotiate deals? Or is a travel blogger and wants to kill two birds with one stone?

Anyways, you're obviously holed up in your planet and doesn't know what the world is talking about.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by klawaaa: 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
People plotting their japa mode! Lol
Kekereekun123:
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Kinkykinky: 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2020
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2020
klawaaa:
People plotting their japa mode! Lol
lol. Come clean. He is trying to be smart lol
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by EgunMogaji2: 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2020
I foresee potential issue at POE.

I suggest folks understand what you can and cannot do on the different types of visa.
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by missimelda01(f): 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2020
We4all:

Learn to keep your mouth shut if you got nothing to say. Don't be ignorant cos the term "vacation" is relative and encompasses a lot. It doesn't necessarily means one is going to sleep all day. Do you know whether he intends to use the time for an online project and needs a location across the continent? Or wants to use the time to negotiate deals? Or is a travel blogger and wants to kill two birds with one stone?

Anyways, you're obviously holed up in your planet and doesn't know what the world is talking about.
Your blood is too hot..I’m sure he/she meant no harm Ahahn.
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by We4all: 10:30pm On Nov 16, 2020
missimelda01:

Your blood is too hot..I’m sure he/she meant no harm Ahahn.

Really? Are you his PA?
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I foresee potential issue at POE.

I suggest folks understand what you can and cannot do on the different types of visa.
are you minding him. They wont even grant him visa. 3 months vacation indeed.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Billions123: 12:08am On Nov 17, 2020
Kekereekun123:
You have spoilt this thread now, you people should be calming down oo, especially those of you who have escaped this zoo. undecided
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by yemiosinbajo: 7:32am On Nov 17, 2020
As for weather, if he is going in the summer, then, the weather is pretty much great everywhere. If he is going in the winter, however, I suggest the west coast or south (California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Florida) As for state affordability, let him try some of the states in the midwest - they are the most affordable in the US, but nothing to do in those states. The biggest concern for him should be how to scale the visa application/POE stage for a 3-month "vacation."
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 17, 2020
You people are the reason why they deny you visa . vacation of 3 months !!!!!! Are you kidding me
Op let's do it this way put me in the place of the consular, now convince me that after you're through with your 3 months vacation you're coming back to your country
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 17, 2020
We4all:

Bro do you know that nigarrr you're talking to is in Canada he have more insight than us
He knows what is saying
How will you convince the Consular that you'll come back to your country after your 3 months stay
@ kekereekun123
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by We4all: 8:48am On Nov 17, 2020
ZIINI:

Bro do you know that nigarrr you're talking to is in Canada he have more insight than us
He knows what is saying
How will you convince the Consular that you'll come back to your country after your 3 months stay
@ kekereekun123

So, what if he is in Canada? Did I tell you that I wanted to go to Canada or do you know where I am? If he is actually in Canada, then he should stop thinking like someone in Oshodi and think more like a Westerner.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by We4all: 8:50am On Nov 17, 2020
Kekereekun123:

Why are you pained that someone can afford a 3 months vacation?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by We4all: 8:52am On Nov 17, 2020
yemiosinbajo:
As for weather, if he is going in the summer, then, the weather is pretty much great everywhere. If he is going in the winter, however, I suggest the west coast or south (California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Florida) As for state affordability, let him try some of the states in the midwest - they are the most affordable in the US, but nothing to do in those states. The biggest concern for him should be how to scale the visa application/POE stage for a 3-month "vacation."

Okay, thanks for your input. Your points are well noted.
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by We4all: 9:00am On Nov 17, 2020
ZIINI:
You people are the reason why they deny you visa . vacation of 3 months !!!!!! Are you kidding me
Op let's do it this way put me in the place of the consular, now convince me that after you're through with your 3 months vacation you're coming back to your country

Learn to think smartly. So, do you think someone will actually tell them at the embassy that he is going for a 3 months vacation? That I mentioned 3 months on Nairaland doesn't mean that the person is dumb to say the same thing at the embassy. The 3 months vacation is for Nairaland digest and a secondary plan.

Okay, maybe I should have used the term "3 months sojourn" cos it seems the word "vacation" is being misconstrued to mean that the person is going there to sleep all day.
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by LagosAirport: 9:13am On Nov 17, 2020
Kekereekun123:
no it's not if you stick to health guides. Use your face mask and wash your hands appropriately
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Damian457: 9:16am On Nov 17, 2020
So many bad belles on this thread.
So what if he wants to spend 3 months vacation in the US? So what if he wants to use it to Jakpa? So fucking what? Nigeria is heading for the Abyssa. If you have any opportunity to leave don’t look back.
You will always survive when you get there.
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 17, 2020
We4all:

Why are you pained that someone can afford a 3 months vacation?
no one goes on a 3 months vacation. You will be sent back at poe
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 17, 2020
ZIINI:

He knows what is saying
@ kekereekun123
lol. Has nothing to do with canada. Quiting this section. Now i see why justwise was hated. People hate being told the truth. Which usa embassy go even give am visa to japa self. I don waka
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 17, 2020
We4all:

So, what if he is in Canada? Did I tell you that I wanted to go to Canada or do you know where I am? If he is actually in Canada, then he should stop thinking like someone in Oshodi and think more like a Westerner.
Have heard you
But do me one favor if by chance you're granted the Visa come back here to tell us how it went .
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 17, 2020
We4all:

Learn to think smartly. So, do you think someone will actually tell them at the embassy that he is going for a 3 months vacation? That I mentioned 3 months on Nairaland doesn't mean that the person is dumb to say the same thing at the embassy. The 3 months vacation is for Nairaland digest and a secondary plan.

Okay, maybe I should have used the term "3 months sojourn" cos it seems the word "vacation" is being misconstrued to mean that the person is going there to sleep all day.
Have heard you
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 17, 2020
[quote author=Kekereekun123 post=96129372]lol. Has nothing to do with canada/quote]

What I'm trying to say is you're in western country
Sharing your insight to them is what they should understand and digest. you already know how things is done and handled over there compare to someone here that has no clue of how things is done
Now I see the concrete reason why visa's are being denied. For goodness sake how do you want to convince those consular that you gon come back?
If at all you want to lie you do it in a smart and convincing way.
I'm tired of these people jare
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by okoIYAyin(m): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2020
Some people no just get sense sha, person ask for info on what he perfectly illustrated, instead to contribute or just move on, no they'll prefer to start deviating from the topic and giving unrequired shit. Shame!

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 17, 2020
Don't you have any place to stay for the three months even if it means paying the host? Some Nigerians have homes with empty rooms and may likely rent it out to you for the three months rather than waste money on hotels, motels, extended homes and on Airbnb.

As for eating out for the 3months, forget it. By the time you spend huge amounts eating rubbish in Naija restaurants, you go begin chop pizza, tacos and cheese burger by force. So cooking once in a while will be more ideal except you are lazy like me.

You can rent a car for the three months, your Naija driver's license should be good for the period of your stay. I don't know how car rental companies deal with foreigners though because I know they usually need credit cards and also check US driver's license so I don't have much info about that. Do your research.

I'll advise you consider California because of its mild weather no matter the season but Texas may save you some money.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by olamide0147: 3:18pm On Nov 17, 2020
[quote author=We4all post=96127765]

So, what if he is in Canada? Did I tell you that I wanted to go to Canada or do you know where I am? If he is actually in Canada, then he should stop thinking like someone in Oshodi and think more like a Westerner.[/quote
Gbam bro you on point, we are all on faceless forum no one knows who is who, he might be in Canada and Op is in Nigeria but he's much doing well in life than him who's in Canada.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by oluayebenz: 11:21pm On Nov 17, 2020
okoIYAyin:
Some people no just get sense sha, person ask for info on what he perfectly illustrated, instead to contribute or just move on, no they'll prefer to start deviating from the topic and giving unrequired shit. Shame!

I dey tell you ehn
The thing baffles me ehn
Re: How Much Will A Three Months Vacation In The US cost? by oluayebenz: 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2020
[quote author=olamide0147 post=96140826][/quote]

Hmmmm on point

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Entry - How Entry Decisions Are Reached / Get Visa Without Deposit / Free Working Visa To Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.