Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government (1179 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Discharged By Federal Court (Photos) / CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians / Infrastructural Tour By Federal Ministry Of Information(PIctures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by bashr4: 3:28am On Mar 18, 2011
They pretend to be patriotic, whereas their trumpetization of bold policies cannot be implemented because by so doing, the cat will be out of the bag, that those who call for reforms are themselves objects of reform.”

IN their communique of 12 July, 2003, the Igbimo Agba Yoruba (Yoruba Council of Elders) mentioned at least four areas namely: Leyland Motors, Central Bank, Railways and dismissed UNILORIN professors, which are glaring cases of discrimination against Yoruba by the Nigerian Federal Government. These are tips of the iceberg of a nefarious policy to downgrade the Yoruba in the federal set-up, in order to slow down their rate of progress. Those who do not know, should now know that Joint Admissions Matriculation Board (JAMB) was initiated by the Federal Government when it became obvious that if there was an open contest for admission into the Nigerians universities, Yoruba would take most of the positions. In a country where there is justice, equity and fair play, and where no discrimination exists, it matters not whether the intake of universities are mostly Yorubas or Igbos, since they are also Nigerians. In the Nigerian Football team, most of the players are Igbos. Yoruba cannot complain if their boys are not footballers but Table Tennis is presently dominated by Yorubas and this is because the skill cannot be found elsewhere to boost Nigerian ego. As soon as others produce the skills, Yorubas will be dropped.

In the Federal Public Service, Yorubas are being downgraded and nobody is doing anything about it, because the President ( a Yoruba man by birth) regards himself first as a Nigerian. In other words, President Obasanjo’s ratiocination is ahead of what is on the ground. He is thinking in the air of a Nigerian nation, in which all the ethnic groups are welded into one compound instead of the present amalgam. This is not only ethnological impossible, it is being used as the yardstick for demoting the Yorubas, so that others may catch up.

In the 70s, a case went to court successfully of an Egba girl who scored first class in JAMB exam, but could not secure an admission into any university for her course of her study, because JAMB had zoned the intake, with the result, such that those who did not obtain the CUT OFF mark were admitted, because they came from areas described as educationally disadvantaged. It is the work of non-Yoruba federal civil servants who took advantage of the renegade military rulers of northern origin to evolve the iniquitous policy and put same into practice. If in a federal ministry, the grading is such that northerners occupy a long line of the most senior offices from top to the bottom, where will their Yoruba counterparts be in another 20 years?--Hewers of wood and cutters of stones.

Local Government and Census
The mischief is carried far into the demarcation of local governments, where landmass is used as the principal criterion for demarcation. This means that the sparsely populated desert regions of the North will receive more federal grants than the densely populated equatorial regions of the South.

VAT
The irony here is that this sharing policy is carried into the sharing of income accruing from VAT. It is common knowledge that 80 per cent of the income of VAT is generated in the South and when it is being shared, the North takes the lion share. The result is that the income to the South cannot meet the expenses of the Southern states and the people become stagnant in improverishment. Free education becomes a problem. Employment is impossible, development in agriculture and allied products are nil, while in a state like Zamfara, there is such a surplus of income from the federal purse, such that the sharia- intoxicated governor had the money to invite international press to witness his declaration of primitive sharia, contrary to the Nigerian Constitution. He is so rich, that he has surplus funds to provide for amputation of limbs by crude surgery and to create international controversy over the simple issue of adultery, which in this modern age is so common in international relations due to modern sophistication.

Geo-political zones
The federal civil servants who carved out the six-geo political zones, did so with premeditated mischief. They deliberately isolated the six Yoruba states from the oil producing Delta and created a monster which they called South-South. Edos are kinsmen of Yoruba, so are the Itsekiris/Urhobos , they are now grouped together across the Niger with Akwa Ibom and Cross River, thus creating an enclave of oil producers from West to East to the exclusion of Igbos and Yorubas.

No Regret
Yorubas have no regret at all. Japan has no oil but they have abundance of human resources, which is an intelligent work force.

This has enabled them to have the second largest economy in the world. Yorubas have the human resources, but Nigeria is causing them to waste away. The best in human resources can only be obtained by a combination of the EXPERIENCE of the elderly ones and the vigorous and sincere aspirations of the youths. As it is today, Nigerian rulers are encouraging the youths to take over, without the accumulated experience of the elders who are dying out. The process of dying out is being accelerated by the Nigerian government policy which refuses to pay PENSION to those who have retired or have been compulsorily retired. Some of whom have collapsed and died on the queue, which was also a plan or plot to exterminate them.

Ultimatum
This ultimatum has no fixed time limit. It is merely a warning to the so-called rulers of Nigeria, that Yorubas are FED UP with their selfish plot of pretending to govern, while in fact , their whole plan is to protect their loots, by sitting on the top of the system, giving orders. They pretend to be patriotic, whereas their trumpetization of bold policies cannot be implemented because by so doing, the cat will be out of the bag, that those who call for reforms are themselves objects of reform.

Those who cry that Abacha’s loots be recovered are beneficiaries of the loot and so, at some point in the game, nobody hears anything about the loots any more. This cavalcade of deception is no longer a secret. The President did not sign the document presented to him by those who installed him in 1999, but he implemented nearly all the politicies in the document. By 2003, it was obvious that Yorubas were the sacrificial lambs of the Presidency, Nigeria Railways left Kaduna for its original site in Ebute Metta, but Yorubas were uprooted from the Railway Service in hundreds and Northern Yorubas with Fulani souls were made to replace them. Ports Authority left Abuja, but how are the Yorubas faring in the establishment? Chief Bode Akindele and his associates also lost the contract because they are Yorubas. Chief Subomi Balogun”s bank was axed because he is Yoruba. Is his Yoruba bank the only culprit in the game of foreign exchange?

Let my people go
The ultimatum amounts to the cry of Yahweh to Pharaoh, “Let my people go.” Pharaoh refused and Yahweh delivered his people and destroyed Pharaoh and his cohorts.
Yoruba want to rule themselves now as part of a true federation; the consequences of refusal may bring Nigeria down. Verbum sat sapienti (a word is sufficient for the wise).

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/features/2372-discrimination-against-yoruba-by-the-federal-government
Re: Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by Afanna1: 3:39am On Mar 18, 2011
Becomerich!
Re: Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by AljUche: 3:42am On Mar 18, 2011
this is becomrich
Re: Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by bashr4: 3:45am On Mar 18, 2011
am not becomerich, but i think he would love this, make i take cover soon maps will follow. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by jason123: 4:07am On Mar 18, 2011
LOL at the article. LOL @"yoruba kins men are uhrobos". True or not, I do not know ( maybe through the Edo connection undecided) [size=4pt] will BEAF take that? grin[/size]

@ Article,

This was the reason I was asking the question earlier today, "who are the SS?". To me (my opinion only), it is an avenue for the promotion of the ijaw expansionist agenda. That was why I was laughing when "reccome" was saying the SS will join this and that. For my people ( of there is no choice but to leave Nigeria. although, we should not leave now), ITS EITHER SOUTHERN NIGERIA OR THE YORUBAS and EDOS. Chikena!!!
I think I am now get a fuller picture about Nigeria. If the yorubas are complaining about marginalisation then what has the igbo man been facing?? It must have been hell. I hail the igbos!! Through long suffering and perseverance, they still believe in ONE NIGERIA (from AZIKWE TILL NOW) even though their brothers (Hausas and Yorubas)NEVER for ONCE believed in it. I HAIL YOU GUYS. You have tried! cool

As for the SS, I really cannot say much. Right now, since the ijaws are the majority in the SS, they should continue with the National politics.

As for yorubas, "Yoruba ronu!"

s for hausas or Northeners, I know how you guys have endured the Nigeria project. Don't worry with time we would learn to respect our differences. wink
Re: Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by Chyz2: 4:47am On Mar 18, 2011
jason123:

LOL at the article. LOL @"yoruba kins men are uhrobos". True or not, I do not know ( maybe through the Edo connection undecided) [size=4pt] will BEAF take that? grin[/size]

@ Article,
[b][s]
This was the reason I was asking the question earlier today, "who are the SS?". To me (my opinion only), it is an avenue for the promotion of the ijaw expansionist agenda. That was why I was laughing when "reccome" was saying the SS will join this and that. For my people ( of there is no choice but to leave Nigeria. although, we should not leave now), ITS EITHER SOUTHERN NIGERIA OR THE YORUBAS and EDOS. Chikena!!!
I think I am now get a fuller picture about Nigeria. If the yorubas are complaining about marginalisation then what has the igbo man been facing?? It must have been hell. I hail the igbos!! Through long suffering and perseverance, they still believe in ONE NIGERIA (from AZIKWE TILL NOW) even though their brothers (Hausas and Yorubas)NEVER for ONCE believed in it. I HAIL YOU GUYS. You have tried! cool

As for the SS, I really cannot say much. Right now, since the ijaws are the majority in the SS, they should continue with the National politics.

As for yorubas, "Yoruba ronu!"

s for hausas or Northeners, I know how you guys have endured the Nigeria project. Don't worry with time we would learn to respect our differences. wink[/s][/b]

One nigeria is not just Zik's wish but Yoruba wish from their father Akintola. Thank goodness for the yorubas ONE Nijiria thing,kudos for you guyus. You've really done it. If not for you all, we Igbos wouldn't be more than the indigenes of lagos in lagos grin. Oh and um I forgot to add OBJ's ONE Nijiria belief too.
Re: Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by Nobody: 5:03am On Mar 18, 2011
Chyz*:

One nigeria is not just Zik's wish but Yoruba wish from their father Akintola. Thank goodness for the yorubas ONE Nijiria thing,kudos for you guyus. You've really done it. If not for you all, we Igbos wouldn't be more than the indigenes of lagos in lagos grin. Oh and um I forgot to add OBJ's ONE Nijiria belief too.

awe, I say shut it up jor.

Kila gbe kile ju?
Re: Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by jason123: 5:04am On Mar 18, 2011
Chyz*:

grin grin grin
My Eastern brother, how many supporters did Akintola have in the west to represent them People shout Awolowo not Akintola ( although, he is still respected).
About Lagos, . . . . . . . . and so?? Lagos is the cosmopolitan city in Nigeria. I was never against igbos in Lagos, what I was always critical about is the idea of "demanding" or blackmailing the Lagos state governor through ethnic politics. I did not want some sill.y Chief Uche to bring ethnic politics to Lagos, I did not want a "Jos" in Lagos. BTW, if there was a Jos, we know everyone would lose so why create one Its silly, innit
With the level of intermarriages between ethnic groups in Lagos, the ethnic boundary has been blurred. I do not want Ohanaeze or Chief Uche to sharpen that boundary and I bet many many many igbos will not want that too.
Re: Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by Chyz2: 5:22am On Mar 18, 2011
jason123:

grin grin grin
My Eastern brother, how many supporters did Akintola have in the west to represent them People shout Awolowo not Akintola ( although, he is still respected).
About Lagos, . . . . . . . . and so?? Lagos is the cosmopolitan city in Nigeria. I was never against igbos in Lagos, what I was always critical about is the idea of "demanding" or blackmailing the Lagos state governor through ethnic politics. I did not want some sill.y Chief Uche to bring ethnic politics to Lagos, I did not want a "Jos" in Lagos. BTW, if there was a Jos, we know everyone would lose so why create one Its silly, innit
With the level of intermarriages between ethnic groups in Lagos, the ethnic boundary has been blurred. I do not want Ohanaeze or Chief Uche to sharpen that boundary and I bet many many many igbos will not want that too.

First of all, I'm not from the East,get it right mate. And Igbos shout Ojukwu not Zik,generally speaking. Africa shouts ZIK.

About Lagos, it is ONE nigeria. Lagos belongs to everyone, not yorubas. We can demand what we want,simple.
Re: Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by AljUche: 6:00am On Mar 18, 2011
Chyz*:

First of all, I'm not from the East,get it right mate. And Igbos shout Ojukwu not Zik,generally speaking. Africa shouts ZIK.

About Lagos, it is ONE nigeria. Lagos belongs to everyone, not yorubas. We can demand what we want,simple.

guy you no they shame at all,.,.,.,. lagos belong to everyone but when they start killing us igbos in lagos, you would shout yorubas are trablist,.,. guy fear God ooo sad
Re: Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by bashr4: 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
Alj Uche:

guy you no they shame at all,.,.,.,. lagos belong to everyone but when they start killing us igbos in lagos, you would shout yorubas are trablist,.,. guy fear God ooo sad

e no meanafter all they dey kill yorubas too for north so all gjoin , its called dying for what you beleive in.
Re: Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by AljUche: 3:15pm On Mar 18, 2011
bashr4:

e no meanafter all they dey kill yorubas too for north so all gjoin , its called dying for what you beleive in.

ok smiley
Re: Discrimination Against Yoruba By Federal Government by mbatuku1: 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2011
Alj Uche:

(1) (Reply)

Is Nationalism Dead / How Yoruba Got 'odualand' Back: / Why I Want Al-mustapha Freed--ibb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.