Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians (13512 Views)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) / Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by lekanolas: 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, yesterday gave Kwara State Government a seven-day ultimatum to redress alleged general discrimination against Christians or face its wrath.

The state CAN Chairman, Rev. James Folaranmi, who issued the ultimatum at a press conference, complained of discriminations against his members in the areas of political appointments, education and some others.

For example, Folaranmi said out of 146 key political positions in the state, only 29 were for Christians, which he said amounted to 10 per cent whereas the Christians “form about 50 per cent of qualified personnel, using every parameter”.

According to the CAN chairman, the governor, the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Head of Service, Chief of Staff, chairman, Teaching Service Commission, Primary Education Board, SUBEB, heads of tertiary institutions in the state, all secretaries, treasurers and the directors of personnel in all the 16 local governments are all Muslims.

He also said there were only five Christian commissioners in the state while chairmen of the boards of agencies nominated from the state were Muslims, adding that the head of the State Civil Service Commission and three other members were also Muslims.

Folaranmi also said the recent ‘selection’ of chairmanship, vice-chairmanship and councillorship candidates for 15 local governments by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the October council polls was grossly one-sided. He said out of 21 permanent secretaries, seven were Christians, while others were Muslims.

This, according to him, also applies to the directorates of Personnel and Management, Finance and Supply in all the ministries The CAN chairman accused the government of forcing Muslim board members on the Teaching Service Commission to effect transfer and promotion of Christian teachers to suit their own will, even in schools owned by Christians and voluntary organisations. He said: “Out of 41 government- owned secondary schools, there is only one principal who is a Christian.

“The rector of the polytechnic, the provosts of the three colleges of education and the vice-chancellor of the state university, including the two schools of nursing and the school of technology, Offa, whose heads are all Muslims.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/alleged-marginalisation-can-gives-kwara-seven-day-ultimatum/
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Otseh: 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
Now that everything in Nigeria is base on religion and tribe, okay.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Expensive72(m): 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
grin grin I thought that state hav'been annexed by the aboki's making it twentieth state of the wild wild north, so I see no reason to complain in a sharia state in th :De north grin

5 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by truth4meal(m): 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
now its time to use religion as a tool for settling scores...kwara state governor got the first bite. Ask this CAN chairman - who is a christian? Does any of these robbers called leaders think of christ or christianity before the steal our commonwealth dry? Is christianity not christ like anymore? Abeg oga CAN christianity or is winklam is not a religion to naija politicians its a tool

21 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by wbankz(m): 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
I like ur christ..i dislike ur christain..ur christain are unlike ur christ...mahanta Ghandi

6 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by doncaster(m): 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
This CAN man must be ibo, we don't care about religion in south west.

6 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by adino(m): 10:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
Expensive72: grin grin I thought that state hav'been annexed by the aboki's making it twentieth state of the wild wild north, so I see no reason to complain in a sharia state in th :De north grin
No! you are wrong. That state is part of the original 19 wild wild Northern States.
Usman dan fodio has seen jihardised them

6 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by IGBOSON1: 12:04am On Sep 12, 2013
doncaster: This CAN man must be ibo, we don't care about religion in south west.

^^^Hehehehehehe grin grin grin

The state CAN Chairman, Rev. James Folaranmi

E be like say 'ibo' dey pursue you for dream!

20 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by AndroBlaze: 2:49am On Sep 12, 2013
doncaster: This CAN man must be ibo, we don't care about religion in south west.

To be fair, Kwara is not the southwest.....and unfortunately they (or should I say their leaders) have a habit of not acting as progressive as the southwest. Offa elections another sad example.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Mustay(m): 6:59am On Sep 12, 2013
Propaganda!

I mean, he used the word "wrath" embarassed AWwwwwwww

I'm tired of these bigots who keep throwing the religion card here and there - don't worry, ATR (African Traditional Religion) guys would soon demand for their share too angry How has their religion affected their performance Mschewwwwww The medis should stop granting publicity to such alarmists. What makes every Christian an automatic 'member' of CAN

5 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 12, 2013
Religion Holiganism !!!
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Expensive72(m): 7:41am On Sep 12, 2013
adino:
No! you are wrong. That state is part of the original 19 wild wild Northern States.
Usman dan fodio has seen jihardised them
wink winkThanks man for correcting me... wink wink
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by anex4real: 7:49am On Sep 12, 2013
Expensive72: wink winkThanks man for correcting me... wink wink
No you are wrong seventy percent of kwara state are yorubas am from kwara so I know.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by kaze4blues(m): 7:52am On Sep 12, 2013
Useless people.

Issuing threats in a muslim-dominated states.

So appointments should base on religion and not merits again?

Bad examples

20 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Caleboha(m): 8:04am On Sep 12, 2013
The teachings of Christ in the Bible never approves the show of wrath against a fellow man even in the face of aggression! Never! Jesus said "love your enemies" he also said "be as wise as a serpent, gentle as a dove". Jesus said he is sending us out as sheeps amongst wolves, that exactly depicts the apparent vulnerability of christians hence their total reliance on God. Mr CAN chairman you've lost it, because of your crave for fame and money. You're not representing us!

8 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by dridowu: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2013
Religion issue and tribal issue are the MAJOR challenge in our country

2 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Kingspin(m): 8:27am On Sep 12, 2013
Christians view satan as their enemies but Muslims view them as one. This guys brainwash and incitement statement they got them, and even more dnt allow any other to operate or compete with them worldwide. The next person to kill or attack is always a christian why?. A set of people that could point gun at you to convert to islam or you die, you can understand better now. If Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him is still among mulisms today many reforms must have taken place. We cant continue to exist in the past. You imagine, a world led by Iran, Taliban and co and the fear of human right & freedom to other faiths. No faith is seen perfect but reality make the different.No spiritual leader should mislead us to achieve and sult religion private gain .Free yourself people. Religion is a personal thing. Tell ur brothers to take up education(Reform) today is not a Western thing. Stop killing your people who are willing to go to school up Malala. The likes of Qatar's are making waves due to education.

1 Like

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by AustineE1: 8:31am On Sep 12, 2013
...really religion shldnt be a parameter for appointments but having said this,it is imperative to state that muslims,especially south-west muslims are always quick to argue that their people dont put religion in whatever they do!but they systematically relegate their christian brothers to the backyard in all political affairs,they critize fellow yorubas who are men of God eg TB joshua,Oyedepo,Adeboye etc at every slightest misunderstanding while always supporting and praising their muslim folks,you hardly hear them critisize yoruba sheiks,Imams or Alfas...Yoruba christians shld wake up from their slumber and see the hand-writing on the wall!There is a grand design by the political muslim class to subjugate them,watch how they muslims have dominated every aspect of the yoruba society while they the christians keep following them sheepishly under the guise of progressives.Look at lagos state,i dare a yoruba christian to vie for the governorship position or are they less intelligent,'self-deception is the worst form of deception',shine your eyes!!!APC are now gradually bringing out political actors for the next governorship election and i can tell you that almost all are muslims or are they christians in that region dumbooos without political ambition,thanks to Tinubu and his evil cohorts...christians must face reality or keep on fooling around...muslims are encouraged through their teachings to dominate their environment and must nt allow infidels(christians,atheists,Jews etc)to govern them even if life will be better under such government!so who is deceiving who?

14 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2013
Kwara is a Christian state...Fulani & co should crawl back to their backward Futa jalon grin grin grin
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Kingspin(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2013
kaze4blues: Useless people.

Bad examples
But sorry these are realities.. I tell you an average muslim in his tender age view Christian as the real enemy courtesy of one spiritual leader, they grow up with it.. I teach young people while in Kwara state so i know what am talking about.

1 Like

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by omoredia: 9:28am On Sep 12, 2013
CAN has woken up
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 12, 2013
Kwara state people should b liberated from the moslems tentacles .

5 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 12, 2013

Bad examples
did u make or census?
u Fulani/northerners are always counting your cows, sheep, goats.. are they also moslems?

4 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2013
Datz y we should buy drones instead of jetz....start time tingz
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:35am On Sep 12, 2013

Bad examples
ur brain is inside ur d1ck abi?
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 12, 2013
CAN can be funny at times. Wat if they refuse Wat wrath Attack dem with nuclear weapons

2 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by fagbalex(m): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2013
Austine.E:
...really religion shldnt be a parameter for appointments but having said this,it is imperative to state that muslims,especially south-west muslims are always quick to argue that their people dont put religion in whatever they do!but they systematically relegate their christian brothers to the backyard in all political affairs,they critize fellow yorubas who are men of God eg TB joshua,Oyedepo,Adeboye etc at every slightest misunderstanding while always supporting and praising their muslim folks,you hardly hear them critisize yoruba sheiks,Imams or Alfas...Yoruba christians shld wake up from their slumber and see the hand-writing on the wall!There is a grand design by the political muslim class to subjugate them,watch how they muslims have dominated every aspect of the yoruba society while they the christians keep following them sheepishly under the guise of progressives.Look at lagos state,i dare a yoruba christian to vie for the governorship position or are they less intelligent,'self-deception is the worst form of deception',shine your eyes!!!APC are now gradually bringing out political actors for the next governorship election and i can tell you that almost all are muslims or are they christians in that region dumbooos without political ambition,thanks to Tinubu and his evil cohorts...christians must face reality or keep on fooling around...muslims are encouraged through their teachings to dominate their environment and must nt allow infidels(christians,atheists,Jews etc)to govern them even if life will be better under such government!so who is deceiving who?

am so so sorry for you. so is it how your brain dey think. this people you're mentioning go to there house majority of there wives are xtians, the governor of kwara, oyo, lagos even the tinubu that you hate his wife is a xtian. in yoruba land there is no any form of discrimination or sentiment. in kwara you mentioned, majority of kwarans are Muslims. almost 70percent are Muslim and they're politically active so the appointment can't be equal, or did you expect them to share appointment 50:50. abeg parkwell joh.

5 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Mustay(m): 9:46am On Sep 12, 2013
Kingspin:
But sorry these are realities.. I tell you an average muslim in his tender age view Christian as the real enemy courtesy of one spiritual leader, they grow up with it.. I teach young people while in Kwara state so i know what am talking about.

So your sample population is 100% valid right It serves as the test-statistic for the whole Muslim population in this world

Mschewww

I hate bigotry.

I used to say "Religion & Ignorance is a terrible mix worse than vodka" but with mischief added to it, it's a disaster for the zombies!

"There are only two types of people in this world; the good who do good deeds and the bad who do bad - that's all. There's no other difference".

2 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by ihimami: 9:46am On Sep 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: did u make or census?
u Fulani/northerners are always counting your cows, sheep, goats.. are they also moslems?

I am sure you are just having fun! grin You seems obsessed with Nigerian issues, are you by chance one of those who benefited from Nigerian government scholarship assistance to a struggling neighboring country in ABU Zaria and other higher institutions in Nigeria? grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by sureway1(m): 9:46am On Sep 12, 2013
If maclatunji is here let me be quiet then
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by thrugemaster(m): 9:47am On Sep 12, 2013
IF I SAY END........... AND YOU SAY TIME........... NAH U SABI[b][/b]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reps May Order For The Arrest Of Oduah / Ajimobi Hosts The Olubadan Designate, Adetunji At His Office Ahead Of Coronation / Full List Of All The Real Oil Block Owners In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.