Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,861 members, 7,838,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? (1494 Views)

'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by confluence: 6:05am On Mar 18, 2011
The following statements are excerpts of a sermon preached by Pastor Tunde Bakare, Vice-Presidential Candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change ,

(CPC), titled “End of Self Honour is Shame”, on the 9th of January 2011.

“Have you noticed that anywhere there is Islam, there is desert? ,  I raise my hand to God and I am telling you the truth, I am not a politician. Don’t listen to anybody lying to you. God has not told me to go contest for any election. I do not belong to any party. I do not hold any card and I do not have any intention of contesting for any election”

Not a few would now wonder why Pastor Bakare is now contesting for the post of Vice President. It might even be more mind-boggling that he is doing so on the platform of the CPC, as running mate to retired Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, a Muslim.

http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/nigeria.htm

Click on the link above ,when open choose the business hallmark newspaper english option

Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by confluence: 6:11am On Mar 18, 2011
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by Beaf: 6:37am On Mar 18, 2011
Have you noticed that anywhere there is Islam, there is desert? , I raise my hand to God and I am telling you the truth, I am not a politician. Don’t listen to anybody lying to you. God has not told me to go contest for any election. I do not belong to any party. I do not hold any card and I do not have any intention of contesting for any election”

What a bigot! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nobody with such extreme views should be allowed to contest for high office. Goodness! The man is a security risk, I can paint a scenario in my minds eye of the sort of highly dangerous religiously fuelled shenanigans that will play out at Aso Rock between two extremists, in the very long shot that CPC makes it. Will there be dastardly plots to take each other out?

There should be a clause in the constitution to ban anybody with extreme views from political office.
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 18, 2011
I trust him 100%.
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by AljUche: 7:15am On Mar 18, 2011
yes he can be trusted cool
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by Justcash(m): 7:41am On Mar 18, 2011
chuks01:

I trust him 100%.
Alj Uche:

yes he can be trusted cool

Because he is Buhari's running mate abi? May God help all of you.
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by Justcash(m): 7:42am On Mar 18, 2011
Poster, the Link is not showing. Abi you be impostor?
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by Beaf: 7:50am On Mar 18, 2011
Justcash:

Poster, the Link is not showing. Abi you be impostor?

I believe NL is mutilating the OP's link, I tried posting it too, but parts always get chopped out. Strange!
Anyways, its the second link in the google search here: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22Have+you+noticed+that+anywhere+there+is+Islam%2C+there+is+desert%22&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&redir_esc=&ei=zACDTdOEB8XBhAeh-qjCBA
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by chosen04(f): 8:05am On Mar 18, 2011
Poster, why not put up a poll and see what the outcome will be?
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by Justcash(m): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2011
What a Shame!
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by confluence: 8:18am On Mar 18, 2011
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by confluence: 8:19am On Mar 18, 2011
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by confluence: 8:20am On Mar 18, 2011
how do i add poll to this topic?
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by efisher(m): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2011
I think he only needs to be more careful with his words. The tongue can start a "fire" one cannot control. GEJ also made some mistakes when he started (like passing hasty comments about the bomb blast). Men like OBJ always have a way with words. A great leader knows the power of words. Your words can liberate you and can imprison you as well. Watch Obama the way he uses his words.

Try this link to the source:

http:// biz hallmark.com/index.php/commentary/5138.html

*Copy & paste then delete the spaces around " biz hallmark" *
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by chosen04(f): 8:27am On Mar 18, 2011
Pls look out for the add poll button. Trying modifingyour 1st post on this thread and you will see it there.
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by confluence: 8:33am On Mar 18, 2011
@beaf thanks for that, i have tried to add the link where i got the info from, but it keeps getting distorted ,

choosen thanks, am at the office just sneeking to to this
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by chosen04(f): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2011
confluence:

@beaf thanks for that, i have tried to add the link where i got the info from, but it keeps getting distorted ,
choosen thanks, am at the office just sneeking to to this

Thats cos you have not being doing it well.

Try the method BEAF applied.
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by TruthHeals: 8:47am On Mar 18, 2011
100%. He can be trusted to tackle corruption head-on, not selectively.
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by proudly9ja(m): 10:35am On Mar 18, 2011
Lool, is this what desparation has caused? If someone had told me two years ago that a political party can come from 'obscurity' and threaten PDP's hold on Nigeria, I would have doubted it. PDP croonies now look for lies to portray opposition in bad light. Have you noticed how they do not tell stories about Ribadu or Adeola? Or about Shekarau and Oyegun? Because they know these ain't the real opposition.

For anyone interested, you can listen to that message on

http://www.lrawebstore.com/messages/the_end_of_self_glory_is_shame.html

Don't read newspaper articles that twist stories. As at January 09 when Bakare preached that message, he had not accepted to run with Buhari but Newspapers and online blogs were filled with the story and he used that message to assure his congregation that he had not accepted to run with anybody neither had he joined any particular political party amongst many other things.

PDP is scarrrrrreeeeeeedddddd
Re: Can Tunde Bakare Be Trusted? by honeric01(m): 10:48am On Mar 18, 2011
yes

(1) (Reply)

Igbodefender Asks For Anioma State / Why Do People Curse And Hate On Political Issues? / Kabiru Sokoto, Escaped Boko Haram Member Recaptured.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.