Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... (2661 Views)

What Can You Tell An Atheist To Believe There Is God? / How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer / As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2020
God is wonderful! I pity atheists who say there's no God... Let me briefly narrate an incident.. How I met God...

I will be brief.. Hit the Nail on the Head...

It started with a discussion I had with my girlfriend.. We were admiring the beauty of the universe when she sat on my laps and said to me passionately, "God is wonderful"..

You know, as a die-hard atheist then, I didn't take it lightly at all.. It was this same religious issue that made me dump my previous girlfriends.. Now this.. While I was already concluding plans to dump her, she said something that hit me so deeply!

"Sweetheart", she romantically called.. "are you aware that God is living under your roof?".. Now this got me! And no, she wasn't speaking figuratively.. She was being literal.. She told me so many things. But one thing I couldn't come to terms with was the revelation that my Uncle, Mr Otito, the guy I hated so much, was, in fact, the creator of the universe.. She told me how my Uncle revealed himself to her as God and why he's come to Earth to save mankind..

This revelation so got me pissed that I told her right there that it was over! It wasn't easy.. But I had to.. The bullshit was something I couldn't take.. I could see the tears in her eyes.. The shock. The disappointment.. But I wasn't going to buy any of that.. I had already made up my mind.. Bid her my last farewell and about to go..

Then she said something.. Something that really got me.. Something that changed my mind.. And made me a strong believer in God.. She told me something my uncle told her.. That made her believe his divinity..

"Sweetheart, listen to this!" The urgency in her tone.. It must be serious.. Let me hear this one last nonsense before I leave, I reasoned.. Then she dropped the bombshell..

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live as if there isn't and to die to find out that there is. What about you?"

Unarguably, that was the best quote I heard that year.. The wisdom in it.. And it was true, I had nothing to lose if I believe my Uncle created the universe.. But might lose if I die not believing and still find out he did..

My brothers and sisters, this was how I came to know that my Uncle, Mr Otito, is God... Today, my family and I are die-hard theists, all thanks to my girlfriend.. I will also use this opportunity to advise my atheistic colleagues to believe in God, as you have nothing to lose. Let this my story inspire you all.

God bless us all..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Ceceba(f): 4:27pm On Nov 17, 2020
Congratulations Sir. Welcome to the family.
Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Shalomdee(f): 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2020
Thank God you believe
Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Madibah(m): 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2020
God does not exist believe it or not

1 Like

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by HazardAwka(m): 4:58pm On Nov 17, 2020
That's what I thought so, believing in God does not hurt. It's for example, you after preparing to go to school and hearing there maybe public holiday, you still decide to go just to be sure and others assumed that there's public holiday decided to stay at home.
On reaching your school you find out there's no school, no problem. You find out there school, yes you made it.
Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2020
4fourrr:

My brother, this is a holy thread, stop it! Get sense for once na.. undecided

1 Like

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ceceba:
Congratulations Sir. Welcome to the family.

Thanks, my brother.

God bless us all. smiley

1 Like

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
Shalomdee:
Thank God you believe

I really thank Him, my sister. cheesy

God bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2020
Madibah:
God does not exist
believe it or not

My brother, that's your problem.. grin

God bless us all. cheesy

1 Like

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2020
HazardAwka:
That's what I thought so, believing in God does not hurt. It's for example, you after preparing to go to school and hearing there maybe public holiday, you still decide to go just to be sure and others assumed that there's public holiday decided to stay at home.
On reaching your school you find out there's no school, no problem. You find out there school, yes you made it.

Exactly, my brother.. grin

God bless us all.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by delkuf(m): 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2020
Sometimes I wonder what it takes to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. Is not that you will have to pay any money and go anywhere, just open your mind but some people find it difficult to believe. God has simplify it. it can't get simpler than this
Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Bacteriologist(m): 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2020
[]
delkuf:
Sometimes I wonder what it takes to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. Is not that you will have to pay any money and go anywhere, just open your mind but some people find it difficult to believe. God has simplify it. it can't get simpler than this

Christian telling lies as usual.

"Is not that you will have to pay any money or go anywhere "

Tell that to folks sowing seeds with their school fees and those spending 40 days on Erio mountain with dry fasting grin

7 Likes

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Bacteriologist(m): 6:38pm On Nov 17, 2020
So OP now believes in god because of a QUOTE..

It's good to know quotes have become a good substitute for evidence grin

Christians and Lies SMH

Modified: It was a satirical post but I missed the sarcasm my bad grin I'm not usually like that o

3 Likes

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Anas09: 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2020
SilverNorGold:
God is wonderful! I pity atheists who say there's no God... Let me briefly narrate an incident.. How I met God...

I will be brief.. Hit the Nail on the Head...

It started with a discussion I had with my girlfriend.. We were admiring the beauty of the universe when she sat on my laps and said to me passionately, "God is wonderful"..

You know, as a die-hard atheist then, I didn't take it lightly at all.. It was this same religious issue that made me dump my previous girlfriends.. Now this.. While I was already concluding plans to dump her, she said something that hit me so deeply!

"Sweetheart", she romantically called.. "are you aware that God is living under your roof?".. Now this got me! No, she wasn't speaking figuratively.. She was being literal.. She told me so many things. But one thing I couldn't come to terms with was the revelation that my Uncle, Mr Otito, the guy I hated so much, was, in fact, the creator of the universe.. She told me how my Uncle revealed himself to her as God and why he's come to Earth to save mankind..

This revelation so got me pissed that I told her right there that it was over! It wasn't easy.. But I had to.. The bullshit was something I couldn't take.. I could see the tears in her eyes.. The shock. The disappointment.. But I wasn't going to buy any of that.. I had already made up my mind.. Bid her my last farewell and about to go..

Then she said something.. Something that really got me.. Something that changed my mind.. And made me a strong believer in God.. She told me something my uncle told her.. That made her believe his divinity..

"Sweetheart, listen to this!" The urgency in her tone.. It must be serious.. Let me hear this one last nonsense before I leave, I reasoned.. Then she dropped the bombshell..

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live as if there isn't and to die to find out that there is. What about you?"

Unarguably, that was the best quote I heard that year.. The wisdom in it.. And it was true, I had nothing to lose if I believe my Uncle created the universe.. But might lose if I die not believing and still find out he did..

My brothers and sisters, this was how I came to know God.. Today, my family and I are die-hard theists, all thanks to my girlfriend.. I will also use this opportunity to advise my atheistic colleagues to believe in God, as you have nothing to lose. Let this my story inspire you all.

God bless us all..
Wait, so you believe that your uncle Mr Otito created the universe?
In other words Uncle Otito is YHWH?

2 Likes

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Anas09: 7:17pm On Nov 17, 2020
Bacteriologist:
So OP now believes in god because of a QUOTE..

It's good to know quotes have become a good substitute for evidence grin

Christians and Lies SMH
But, have you for once stopped to think about that quote?
What if you actually died and discovered there's God? What will.you do?

Just think of it.

1 Like

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Bacteriologist(m): 7:22pm On Nov 17, 2020
Anas09:

Just think of it.

Which God? You have to specify which one. Because there are thousands of gods. And each one has an equal chance of being the true one.

Until you specify the god I'll direct the question back at you in the mean time...

What if you actually died and discovered there's Odin? What will you do?

What if you actually died and discovered there's Allah? What will you do?

Just think of it.

The Pascal's wager seems like a good argument at plain sight for rookie religious apologists but falls ridiculously flat on it's face when logically examined.

4 Likes

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2020
Anas09:

Wait, so you believe that your uncle Mr Otito created the universe?
In other words Uncle Otito is YHWH?

My brother, at least, I am no longer an atheist. Isn't that good news? I believe my Uncle, Mr Otito, is the savior of the world. Accept him as your Lord and Savior. cheesy

God bless you.
Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2020
Hmmm...
Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Uyi168: 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2020
Op, is that the picture of the God u now believed in
Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by GodWrites: 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2020
A cheap attempt by a theist to give his grey hair sky daddy some credit.

Unfortunately, it ended up sounding like a ridiculous, fabricated lie that a kid from a sane clime will feel repulsed by.

I've been in the writing game for years, and I know a cooked and poorly expressed lie when I see one.

First, you were never an atheist, cause atheists aren't led by sentiments, unfounded beliefs, or emotions. If a claim comes without proof, it can as well be dismissed without proof.

And again, that line of yours:

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't than live as if there isn't and to die to find out that there is. What about you?"

Is born out of fear, fear of hell. It makes sense cause fear is a formidable tool for the growth and longevity of any religion.

Without this element, I doubt if a religion can survive a decade. So in the end, you believed God exist because you're afraid you might be wrong and as thus, born in hell?

Keep wallowing in your delusion Mr.

2 Likes

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Kobojunkiee: 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2020
SilverNorGold:

You met God by pretending that God exists? undecided
At what point in your lie(FAKING IT) did He, God, show up?

1 Like

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Kobojunkiee: 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2020
Anas09:
Just think of it.
Is that a good enough reason to choose to live a lie of a life, pretending to know God?

You seem to be under the delusion that God honours a life lived in pretence. Where do you get this idea from? Care to provide bible reference of this?

God wants those who believe in Him to have knowledge of Him - their sacrifice and worship of Him are otherwise vain/worthless without that. If you do not KNOW Him, what good is living your life pretending to do so? Do you think He will have PITY on you and maybe lower His standards for you then? undecided

1 Like

Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Kobojunkiee: 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2020
HazardAwka:
Then it means you have yet to truly start your journey with God. Believing in God hurts... we are humans and when those around us begin to reject and hate us for no obvious reason, only that we choose to serve God according to the commandments of Jesus Christ (in Truth) and follow the lead of the Spirit of Truth every step of the way (In Spirit), it hurts. When we have to give up on everything we have earned for ourselves -- our name, achievements, reputation, career, property, friendships, prestige, ego etc. - to follow after a God who does not give us a written plan ahead of it all, it hurts. We are humans, and it hurts.
Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 17, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
You met God by pretending that God exists? undecided
At what point in your lie(FAKING IT) did He, God, show up?

My brother, it's not a lie.. It's a real life story.. Anyway, my uncle, Mr Otito is the creator of the universe, and I believe Him.
Re: From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 17, 2020
GodWrites:
A cheap attempt by a theist to give his grey hair sky daddy some credit.

Unfortunately, it ended up sounding like a ridiculous, fabricated lie that a kid from a sane clime will feel repulsed by.

I've been in the writing game for years, and I know a cooked and poorly expressed lie when I see one.

First, you were never an atheist, cause atheists aren't led by sentiments, unfounded beliefs, or emotions. If a claim comes without proof, it can as well be dismissed without proof.

And again, that line of yours:

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't than live as if there isn't and to die to find out that there is. What about you?"

Is born out of fear, fear of hell. It makes sense cause fear is a formidable tool for the growth and longevity of any religion.

Without this element, I doubt if a religion can survive a decade. So in the end, you believed God exist because you're afraid you might be wrong and as thus, born in hell?

Keep wallowing in your delusion Mr.

My brother, Mr writer, I doubt you read my post. Even if you did, you didn't understand it. Lol.. Please, read again.

Most of the commenters here didn't read before commenting though. Lol.

May God bless us all. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! / On The Holy Communion ( Between Paul And Jesus Christ) / If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.