Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,919 members, 7,956,450 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:12 PM

Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda (9330 Views)

Reps Begin Process To Raise Minimum Educational Qualification For President / Reps Begin Probe Of ₦19 Billion 2011 Rail Contract To Ghost Firm / NLC Insists On N30,000 Minimum Wage As Reps Begin Public Hearing - Channels Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by GIANTPLUSHUB: 5:14am On Nov 18, 2020
OK naaw
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by whizbee(m): 5:14am On Nov 18, 2020
The confab report should be enough
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by adenigga(m): 5:16am On Nov 18, 2020
Esseite:
Dust the 2014 confab report... your answers are there, well represented by all regions/states in the Nation touching on every topic of the Nigerian state.

Except you have ulterior motives..

You speak my mind.......

Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by samsard(m): 5:30am On Nov 18, 2020
chewwie:

And they wouldn't be wrong though. I don't know about the Pope and Biden, but certainly Gates, Soros, Bloomberg, Bezos. And it's more of a Globalist agenda. Don't underestimate the CIA & the American Administrative State (or Deep State)
Conspiracy theories.
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by orisa37: 6:11am On Nov 18, 2020
Reps-begin-constitution-amendment-process-call-for-memoranda.

DELETE THE EXCLUSIVE LIST EXCEPTING AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MILITARY AND TREATIES ONLY TO BE RESERVED FOR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES SHOULD PAY TITHES WHICH IS A TENTH OF EACH STATE AUDITED REVENUE TO FEDERATION ACCOUNT TO RUN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

EACH OF OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES ALREADY HAVE CONVENTIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS OF SELF ARRANGEMENTS TO ESTABLISH FOR HERSELF AN S.S.P.C, STATE SERVICES POLICY COUNCIL. THE AMENDED CONSTITUTION SHOULD CONFIRM THIS CONVENTION.

EACH STATE S.S.P.C SHOULD BE MADE UP OF

TRADITIONAL RULERS FROM EACH LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF THE STATE AS MEMBERS AND

TWO SENIOR ADVOCATES OF NIGERIA SANS TO ACT AS SECRETARIES ONLY.

THE S.S.P.C SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR POLICIES ON

STATE POLICE AUTONOMY MAKING PROVISIONS FOR THE STATE I.G.P TO BE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO THE STATE GOVERNORS AND BE INDIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO FEDERAL IGP AND FEDERAL GOVERNOR (MR. PRESIDENT).

STATE RESOURCES FINDING FUNDING DISTRIBUTION AND EXPENDING AUTONOMY AND CONTROL.

STATE ELECTIONS AUTONOMY.

1 Like

Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by gulfer: 6:26am On Nov 18, 2020
DOA, what we need is a new constitution written from scratch and not amendments angry angry angry angry
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by mema900: 6:56am On Nov 18, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

Nice one.

This is another topic Nigerian pastors will preach on Sunday.
Watch out how they will tell their members that House of Rep members has collected money from Bill Gate, Joe Bidden nd Pope so as to amend our constitution in order to impose NEW WORLD ODER policies on Nigerians

But u see free, fair nd credible election in Nigeria, its not just possible.
It doesn't mata how the law is amended, its not just possible

They should also amend the the borrowing act, by criminalising excessive borrowing by any govt.
Or they should force any president or Governor that borrow money to pay it back before his tenure ends or else him and his family will be jailed.

Such a persmist. ITS NOT JUST POSSIBLE
Tell us how and why its not just possible
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by Bluntemperor: 6:56am On Nov 18, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Total waste of time and money.

Yinmu!,Yinmu!
Nothing for anyone to celebrate!
Many are just being deceived,especially the Indomie Generations.The Constitution is full of lacunas ,for instance 'we' who are they?
Have you seen any State Creation in Nigeria since the Constitution in operations?
Because,even when it's created- 2/3 of 36 States MUST ratifies any New State,which is likely impossible and that is why Politicians do abandoned it.Even OBJ was deceiving the Ijebu people through their Monarchs,just to laugh at them.The rest they say is now history!
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by Donspicey: 7:00am On Nov 18, 2020
No be today we begin hear dos gibberish....

las las notin go stil change......

Wahala for who believe dis govt.......

Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:17am On Nov 18, 2020
how long will these people keep deceiving us about amending this constitution? each year and each team they formed a bogus committee n do nothing,myet nothing will be done..funny enough my northern friends will think its restructuring and kick against any form of constitutional amendments or reform!
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by Mnopq: 7:21am On Nov 18, 2020
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by Malawian(m): 7:26am On Nov 18, 2020
Third term loading.....
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by favor914: 7:31am On Nov 18, 2020
Esseite:
Dust the 2014 confab report... your answers are there, well represented by all regions/states in the Nation touching on every topic of the Nigerian state.

Except you have ulterior motives..
Pdp report by Jonathan to deceive gullible people like so he could perpetrate himself to stay in power? Why did he not implement it before they drove him from Aso Rock back to Otuoke?, Keep dreaming, Who elected them so called confab stooges to draft anything in the 1st place? Zombies, go to Abuja, photocopies of the so called afinefere. Pandef, & Ipob Report is been used to sell akara by food vendors. Mumudeys.
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by favor914: 7:38am On Nov 18, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
how long will these people keep deceiving us about amending this constitution? each year and each team they formed a bogus committee n do nothing,myet nothing will be done..funny enough my northern friends will think its restructuring and kick against any form of constitutional amendments or reform!
It seems you just want to have a reason to wail? You don’t know what you are talking about, go and join them in the Green Chamber, if you can’t beat them, so you can change things, your juniors are fighting in the Nigerian Military, you are here on Nairaland complaining about your peers that are playing politics, Mr Wailer?
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 18, 2020
favor914:
Pdp report by Jonathan to deceive gullible people like so he could perpetrate himself to stay in power? Why did he not implement it before they drove him from Aso Rock back to Otuoke?, Keep dreaming, Who elected them so called confab stooges to draft anything in the 1st place? Zombies, go to Abuja, photocopies of the so called afinefere. Pandef, & Ipob Report is been used to sell akara by food vendors. Mumudeys.

To you, a gathering where people of different calibers, captains of industries, traditional rulers, youths and regular individuals discussed and presented their opinions to the public to counter and reflect while making accepted suggestions is rubbish..

But you want to create one in a regime where nepotism and lack of federal character is the order of the day, bills killing social media, disobeying court orders, massive insecurity, and crippling unemployment alongside a rubber stamp senate... what really is your aim?.

Where is your El-rufai restructure committee suggestions if you feel that of GEJ didnt have you inside?.
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by wink2015(m): 8:12am On Nov 18, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Total waste of time and money.

You are right it is a total waste of time and public funds.

Money was wasted in the Jonathan 's 2014 national conference.

Now politicians are on another jamboree exercise.
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by chatinent: 8:30am On Nov 18, 2020
I laugh.

If it's not to suite “them”, let's see.
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by Rawhumper(m): 8:38am On Nov 18, 2020
Wow!!! I am going to submit mine...its time to really change the constitution because truly many Nigerians have opened eyes, hence they cant remain silent forever.

This is a good step, I pray it lasts and fulfills the satisfaction of the greater majority of the populace.

adenigga:

https://m.punchng.com/News/Reps-begin-constitution-amendment-process-call-for-memoranda

1 Like

Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by Rawhumper(m): 8:40am On Nov 18, 2020
Bro I have been among the pessimists in Nairaland when it comes to Nigeria matter, but when we see a positive step, we encourage it and see how it goes.

I understand bro but I believe Nigeria is gradually changing....lets give it a shot and see.

Cheers!!

chatinent:
I laugh.

If it's not to suite “them”, let's see.
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by Rawhumper(m): 8:46am On Nov 18, 2020
Bro forget the North, many dont see what I see, the North are gradually losing power while on the seat of Power, someday many will understand...believe me we have the real power, if we stand united.

Lets remember that what kept the North in
power was their UNITY!!

Its time for the South to stand united, to achieve lasting dividends, we must please sacrifice our personal gains!

valentineuwakwe:
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by holywind(m): 8:56am On Nov 18, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

Nice one.

Watch out how they will tell their members that House of Rep members has collected money from Bill Gate, Joe Bidden nd Pope so as to amend our constitution in order to impose NEW WORLD ODER policies on Nigerians

They should also amend the the borrowing act, by criminalising excessive borrowing by any govt.
Or they should force any president or Governor that borrow money to pay it back before his tenure ends or else him and his family will be jailed.
good one
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by ibietela2(m): 9:13am On Nov 18, 2020
STOP AMENDING AND MAKE A NEW ALL INCLUSIVE CONSTITUTION
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by COMPAQ(m): 9:15am On Nov 18, 2020
Not surebhow a useless,corrupt and incompetent NASS can effectively ammend the Constitution for the improvement of Nigerian lives.
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by handiriwamadi(m): 9:15am On Nov 18, 2020
adenigga:

https://m.punchng.com/News/Reps-begin-constitution-amendment-process-call-for-memoranda
If need be let's have a new Constitution that will be the people's Constitution that will bring about truth federalism. Not this cut and join thing.

1 Like

Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by viceddy95(m): 10:27am On Nov 18, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

Nice one.

How does this concern pastors now,,why do some of you just like dragging pastors in the mud....if you don't have anything meaningful to write or say,just keep quiet......
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by JustTruth: 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
Constitutional review will be a people oriented initiative and intentionally done by the people.
From what we have seen in NASS in the past they'll only carry on with the review only for what is in their favour and not the people.

adenigga:

1 Like

Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by giftedben: 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2020
Lol Presidential 3rd term loading
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by Mars16(m): 3:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
Them don start again oh, initial gragra. But if they really mean it, I believe they can make it work. However, the constitution needs rewriting.
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by Ahasco(m): 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2020
another drama
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by pacespot(m): 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
Long overdue. Restructure, restructure, restructure!
Re: Reps Begin Constitution Amendment Process, Call For Memoranda by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2020
favor914:
It seems you just want to have a reason to wail? You don’t know what you are talking about, go and join them in the Green Chamber, if you can’t beat them, so you can change things, your juniors are fighting in the Nigerian Military, you are here on Nairaland complaining about your peers that are playing politics, Mr Wailer?

MR. man....I dnt need politics to survive or eat cos I never trained to a politician. .I have a striving businesses in Lagos, owerri and Portharcourt and I have employees...youths like you whom I pay monthly.

laws are not only made in the green chambers or national parliaments most countries, some are made on the war fronts, on the seas, warships and on airplanes.

don't insult people you dnt knw online, just say your opinion and nothing more..I bet you are not better than me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Fulani Herdsmen Did To My Friend - So Shocking! (SEE PICTURES) / IGP, 3000 Policemen For Jonathan’s Visit To Borno, Yobe / PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.