Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? (2501 Views)

What Does South South Even Mean? / SECESSION: Where Does South South Stand / It Is High Time South West Start Boycotting Northerners Food Stuff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by NigerDeltaIgbos: 9:01am On Nov 18, 2020
I ask this question because it seems like the other 5 SW states are now in coma without any significant news or developmental report coming from there. For instance, all over the South South, South East and even the North, we can see and hear reports of ongoing projects that are being executed there. However, when it comes to the South West, all we hear about is Lagos and nothing more. This got me wondering what happened to the other states like Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti, have they all gone extinct or what?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by EdoFirstBorn(m): 9:02am On Nov 18, 2020
I guess he hasn't eaten just like me.
Smh
I ate last yesterday morning
Smh
Is N-power real sef
Smh
My neighbors voice is too loud

6 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by AbijaJ: 9:12am On Nov 18, 2020
Op, why your obsession with SW states? Going by your moniker it is obvious that you are igbo, so why not leave SW people to concern themselves with that. A Yoruba person won't come here to ask this about igbo/SE states. But we sabi your kind. Na rofo-rofo fight you dey find.

Development is going on in different degrees all over the country (both private and government-initiated), but it is not every state government that has agents and propagandists on Nairaland in search of cheap 'likes'. If you really care about development going on in the SW states it is actually not difficult to find out about that online or you can go to those states yourself, but your motive is not genuine because even on this same Nairaland there are occasional news reports of development from that corridor. E.g, Ondo state government handlers post a lot of projects from there.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by longetivity(m): 9:17am On Nov 18, 2020
They are always obsessed with our LAGOS, Eko aromisa legbe legbe grin

6 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by Redcrafton: 9:20am On Nov 18, 2020
AbijaJ:
Op, why your obsession with SW states? Going by your moniker it is obvious that you are igbo, so why not leave SW people to concern themselves with that. A Yoruba person won't come here to ask this about igbo/SE states. But we sabi your kind. Na rofo-rofo fight you dey find.

Development is going on in different degrees all over the country (both private and government-initiated), but it is not every state government that has agents and propagandists on Nairaland in search of cheap 'likes'. If you really care about development going on in the SW states it is actually not difficult to find out about that online or you can go to those states yourself, but your motive is not genuine because even on this same Nairaland there are occasional news reports of development from that corridor.

Nope the OP is right.

When people show pictures of Anambra state, Enugu and even the "sh*thole Aba, and Kaduna...even Warri, you guys will try to counter them with the pictures of Lagos. May be you haven't been observant or you are a newbie in this platform.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by YouAreFinished: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2020
The SW like ordinary Ogun State that generates more IGR than the entire South East

18 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by Madmohamed419(m): 9:32am On Nov 18, 2020
NigerDeltaIgbos:
I ask this question because it seems like the other 5 SW states are now in coma without any significant news or developmental report coming from there. For instance, all over the South South, South East and even the North, we can see and hear reports of ongoing projects that are being executed there. However, when it comes to the South West, all we hear about is Lagos and nothing more. This got me wondering what happened to the other states like Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti, have they all gone extinct or what?
no they are busy talking about Igbo and IPOB. If you ask any Yoruba where did he come from they will tell you Lagos I wonder if all Yoruba are from Lagos. Including Osinbajo and tunumbu the fact is that the indigenous people of Lagos don't make nose. The only people who make nose is foreigner , migrants and criminal from Ogun osun Ondo Ekiti one day they will be deported to their home state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by November1857(m): 9:38am On Nov 18, 2020
AbijaJ:

Development is going on in different degrees all over the country (both private and government-initiated), but it is not every state government that has agents and propagandists on Nairaland in search of cheap 'likes'. If you really care about development going on in the SW states it is actually not difficult to find out about that online or you can go to those states yourself, but your motive is not genuine because even on this same Nairaland there are occasional news reports of development from that corridor.

Stop shooting at the massenger ! He Absolutely right ...

6 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by AbijaJ: 9:38am On Nov 18, 2020
Redcrafton:

Nope the OP is right.

When people show pictures of Anambra state, Enugu and even the "sh*thole Aba, and Kaduna...even Warri, you guys will try to counter them with the pictures of Lagos. May be you haven't been observant or you are a newbie in this platform.

No, neither you nor the Op are right. Every state grows at its pace and have different priorities. Some states have passed the level other states are currently at. E.g, while Ebonyi and Rivers mat be prioritizing building of flyovers, the current Ogun government may choose instead to focus on employment generation, human capital development, road maintenance, and agricultural development programs, which is a different focus compared to the previous Ogun state administration of Amosun that built 15 flyovers and bridges across the state and attracted over 300 new businesses and industries.

https://m.guardian.ng/business-services/ogun-state-attracts-304-industrial-firms-in-seven-years/amp/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/232483-why-my-administration-is-focused-on-building-bridges-flyovers-amosun.html

But it is obvious that many of you guys here have jaundiced concept of development which is limited to only flyovers and road maintenance. Development is beyond building flyovers. And some states that are just building their own flyovers, bridges, and airports are merely playing catch-up compared to others that already have them.

So those of you making noise about flyovers should mechionu because other states have long passed that stage of development.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by November1857(m): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2020
Madmohamed419:
no they are busy talking about Igbo and IPOB. If you ask any Yoruba where did he come from they will tell you Lagos I wonder if all Yoruba are from Lagos. Including Osinbajo and tunumbu
If you wany to see a clear picture of the yarubas if Nigeria Disintegrate,
Just look at Benin republic..

5 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by Madmohamed419(m): 9:44am On Nov 18, 2020
November1857:
If you see a clear picture of the yarubas if Nigeria Disintegrate,
Just look at Benin republic..
don't kill me please

3 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by MosheDayan: 9:46am On Nov 18, 2020
AbijaJ:

so going by his name he is Igbo? How are we sure you are not the owner of the two accounts.

4 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by AbijaJ: 9:49am On Nov 18, 2020
MosheDayan:
so going by his name he is Igbo? How are we sure you are not the owner of the two accounts.

If he deliberately addresses himself as igbo via his moniker then I have no other reason to see him any differently.

17 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by MosheDayan: 9:53am On Nov 18, 2020
AbijaJ:

If he deliberately addresses himself as igbo via his moniker then I have no other reason to see him any differently.
just like that? Lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by kingsavage: 10:10am On Nov 18, 2020
Why are igbos obsessed with lagos? You don't see us obsessed with your shithole region

10 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by Raydos: 10:14am On Nov 18, 2020
NigerDeltaIgbos:

Just like asking a Japanese that does Japan Starts from Tokyo and ends in Tokyo??

This question is nonsense

6 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by fykes(m): 10:19am On Nov 18, 2020
Lagos is what it is today simply because it was a former capital state of Nigeria. Take that away and it won't differ much from Ibadan

3 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by NigerDeltaIgbos: 10:19am On Nov 18, 2020
AbijaJ:

No, neither you nor the Op are right. Every state grows at its pace and have different priorities. Some states have passed the level other states are currently at. E.g, while Ebonyi and Rivers mat be prioritizing building of flyovers, the current Ogun government may choose instead to focus on employment generation, human capital development, road maintenance, and agricultural development programs, which is a different focus compared to the previous Ogun state administration of Amosun that built 15 flyovers and bridges across the state and attracted over 300 new businesses and industries.

https://m.guardian.ng/business-services/ogun-state-attracts-304-industrial-firms-in-seven-years/amp/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/232483-why-my-administration-is-focused-on-building-bridges-flyovers-amosun.html

But it is obvious that many of you guys here have jaundiced concept of development which is limited to only flyovers and road maintenance. Development is beyond building flyovers. And some states that are just building their own flyovers, bridges, and airports are merely playing catch-up compared to others that already have them.

So those of you making noise about flyovers should mechionu because other states have long passed that stage of development.

Lol, stop decieving yourself my bro. Last time I checked, only Lagos airport is viable in the entire SW region. Osun and some other states attempted to build some airports but abandoned the idea.

Ogun state you're talking about is living off Lagos State, which still supports my earlier assertion. Those firms you claim Ogun attracted was because Lagos is filled up and they decided to site their plants in the suburbs which happens to be within Ogun state. Same Ogun you're talking about has very terrible roads in Sango/Ota axis and other parts of the state.

Lol, you claim that SW states has gone beyond the provision of infrastructure to other higher areas and I wonder if you're not making this ridiculous claims because of Lagos. What infrastructure is on ground in other SW cities/towns that will make you say this? If your governors have gone beyond provision of roads, flyovers and other basic infrastructure then I ask you, are your governors now building nuclear plants, tunnels or high-speed railways?

Funny people grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by Kinematics: 10:21am On Nov 18, 2020
Well if you follow nairaland, then yes it does.

1 Like

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by NigerDeltaIgbos: 10:25am On Nov 18, 2020
YouAreFinished:
The SW like ordinary Ogun State that generates more IGR than the entire South East

If Ogun generates more IGR than the entire SE as you claim, then it is still due to Lagos which points to my assertions too.

1 Like

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by NigerDeltaIgbos: 10:29am On Nov 18, 2020
AbijaJ:

Lies from the pit of hell. Yorubas always invade threads about SE and SS only to throw tantrums but when a supposed good question is asked about SW you start convulsing.

I don't need to go to the SW states to find out because I already know virtually all the states there and the I can tell you categorically that nothing is happening except in Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by AbijaJ: 10:34am On Nov 18, 2020
NigerDeltaIgbos:

Lol, stop decieving yourself my bro. Last time I checked, only Lagos airport is viable in the entire SW region. Osun and some other states attempted to build some airports but abandoned the idea.

Ogun state you're talking about is living off Lagos State, which still supports my earlier assertion. Those firms you claim Ogun attracted was because Lagos is filled up and they decided to site their plants in the suburbs which happens to be within Ogun state. Same Ogun you're talking about has very terrible roads in Sango/Ota axis and other parts of the state.

Lol, you claim that SW states has gone beyond the provision of infrastructure to other higher areas and I wonder if you're not making this ridiculous claims because of Lagos. What infrastructure is on ground in other SW cities/towns that will make you say this? If your governors have gone beyond provision of roads, flyovers and other basic infrastructure then I ask you, are your governors now building nuclear plants, tunnels or high-speed railways?

Funny people grin grin grin

See, I knew it was only a matter of time before you revealed your real motivation for opening this thread, which is simply to denigrate the SW as is your modus operandi. If you feel the SW is not developing, that's your ffvcking business. But ironically that hasn't stopped igbos from moving to the region in droves in search of economic sustenance. You lots just can't celebrate your strides and wins without dragging others down while you're at it.

As for your obsession and tears over Lagos, well, you will just have to learn to deal with it because Lagos is and will always be a part of the Yoruba-owned/controlled territory that is the SW. Yorubas don't need igbo permission to celebrate Lagos and its developmental strides. We will always take pride in Lagos. Heck, if we don't, who else will?? Is it the Lagos-hating igbos? Guy, you go wail tire because Yorubas will never stop hyping Lagos because na their land, na dem get am. If you are ashamed to hype your own shithole that's your problem. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:49am On Nov 18, 2020
I'm currently in the southwest though from the ss.. and I can confirm to you that... sw is very much over hyped here on nairaland.. grin grin they want to make you believe sw is the most developed region in Nigeria but I doubt if you exclude lagos.. if sw can really compare to SE in term of infrastructure and human resources... here in abeokuta the men have two major jobs.. taxi driving and civil servant.. I think FMC is the biggest employer here.. beggars and fraudster loitering in every corner ready to dupe you if you cant speak yoruba.. honestly I dont think any region has the right to make a joke of other regions in Nigeria... the sw is still a majority brown roof region.. they have lands and fertile soil good climate but are very lazy.. all they want is a white collar job.. they keep selling land unnecessarily thinking they have abundance of it.. here in abeokuta you can still get a plot of land for 50k ...

Some areas in Abeokuta no get water.. sometimes I buy a cage of water as high as 70naira per cage in a state capital for that matter.... you can imagine the kind of struggle students go through here.. but I like the sw when I comes to education.... on that area... I don't think any other region can compare

4 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by JAMO84: 10:58am On Nov 18, 2020
The poverty capital of southern Nigeria is ....... Give me the answer and win 200 naira recharge card.
Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by AbijaJ: 11:01am On Nov 18, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
I'm currently in the southwest though from the ss.. and I can confirm to you that... sw is very much over hyped here on nairaland.. grin grin they want to make you believe sw is the most developed region in Nigeria but I doubt if you exclude lagos.. if sw can really compare to SE in term of infrastructure and human resources... here in abeokuta the men have two major jobs.. taxi driving and civil servant.. I think FMC is the biggest employer here.. beggars and fraudster loitering in every corner ready to dupe you if you cant speak yoruba.. honestly I dont think any region has the right to make a joke of other regions in Nigeria... the sw is still a majority brown roof region.. they have lands and fertile soil good climate but are very lazy.. all they want is a white collar job.. they keep selling land unnecessarily thinking they have abundance of it.. here in abeokuta you can still get a plot of land for 50k

Wow. Did you actually just say this about your hosts?? They are selling land 'unnecessarily' you say? If Yorubas act on this comment and begin to treat your likes with hostility, you will be the first to castigate them for being bigoted. That you can actually come here to speak ill of yorubas that host you in Abeokuta, and sell land to you without qualms tells a lot about your kind of person. You are definitely an enemy in their midst. Yorubas are indeed in deep trouble with your kind. Why are you pained by the occupational preferences of Abeokuta folks? Were you expecting Abeokuta taxi drivers to be from Enugu? Would you have preferred if they all chose to be traders or farmers? Why are we human beings like this? This is so sad. If you loathe your yoruba hosts so much, abeg what stops you from relocating to the SE or SS where they have better infrastructure and don't sell land unnecessarily?? This writeup shows Yorubas are indeed living with enemies in their midst. Smh.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by Psalmy2cute(m): 11:05am On Nov 18, 2020
JAMO84:
The poverty capital of southern Nigeria is ....... Give me the answer and win 200 naira recharge card.
All 3 region has their fair share of poverty

1 Like

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by NigerDeltaIgbos: 11:06am On Nov 18, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
I'm currently in the southwest though from the ss.. and I can confirm to you that... sw is very much over hyped here on nairaland.. grin grin they want to make you believe sw is the most developed region in Nigeria but I doubt if you exclude lagos.. if sw can really compare to SE in term of infrastructure and human resources... here in abeokuta the men have two major jobs.. taxi driving and civil servant.. I think FMC is the biggest employer here.. beggars and fraudster loitering in every corner ready to dupe you if you cant speak yoruba.. honestly I dont think any region has the right to make a joke of other regions in Nigeria... the sw is still a majority brown roof region.. they have lands and fertile soil good climate but are very lazy.. all they want is a white collar job.. they keep selling land unnecessarily thinking they have abundance of it.. here in abeokuta you can still get a plot of land for 50k ...

Some areas in Abeokuta no get water.. sometimes I buy a cage of water as high as 70naira per cage in a state capital for that matter.... you can imagine the kind of struggle students go through here.. but I like the sw when I comes to education.... on that area... I don't think any other region can compare

Case closed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by haffaze777(m): 11:08am On Nov 18, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

I will like to know where you can get a plot of land for 50k in Abeokuta.

2 Likes

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by Psalmy2cute(m): 11:12am On Nov 18, 2020
AbijaJ:

Wow. Did you actually just say this about your hosts?? They are selling land 'unnecessarily' you say? If Yorubas act on this comment and begin to treat your likes with hostility, you will be the first to castigate them for being bigoted. That you can actually come here to speak ill of yorubas that host you in Abeokuta, and sell land to you without qualms tells a lot about your kind of person. You are definitely an enemy in their midst. Yorubas are indeed in deep trouble with your kind. Why are you pained by the occupational preferences of Abeokuta folks? Would you have preferred if they all chose to be traders or farmers? Why are we human beings like this? This is so sad. If you loathe your yoruba hosts so much, abeg what stops you from relocating to the SE or SS where they have better infrastructure and don't sell land unnecessarily?? This writeup shows Yorubas are indeed living with enemies in their midst. Smh.
You see your stupid comment Tell me who is above criticism?? Its ok to do it to the igbos and call the Niger deltans a fool.. but the people from the sw are so sophisticated .. more like sophisticatedly stupid ...And yes.. selling land for $120 is simply stupidity.. people like you never learn... you hate it when they tell you the truth.... I will say it as I see it.. I've personally brought an igbo guy and 2 yoruba guys from lagos to get land in abeokuta.. because its stupidly cheap...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by Psalmy2cute(m): 11:14am On Nov 18, 2020
haffaze777:

I will like to know where you can get a plot of land for 50k in Abeokuta.

Just search "sweet estate ogun state" you'll get their contact info from Google..
Re: Does South West Start From Lagos & End In Lagos? by haffaze777(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

Just search "sweet estate ogun state" you'll get their contact info from Google..
Sweet estate mawuko is in Abeokuta?do you know you're replying registerable surveyor,who base in Abeokuta south?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: JOURNALIST REVEALS HOW FGN AIDED NNAMDI KANU’S ESCAPE SEALED DEAL WITH HIM / Destroying Age-old Myths About The Yoruba By Reno Omokri / The Fallacy Of Yorubas Only Being Accommodating.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.