Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,486 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa (64094 Views)

Namu Central Yam Market: Fire Razes Yam Market In Plateau (Pictures) / Fire Guts Otukpo Market, Benue State (Photos) / Fire Outbreak In Otukpo Main Market Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Johnrake69: 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
snowland:

Absolutely true. No biz is for novice actually, though complexity may vary from biz to biz..

That business screwed me. These market women will use native intelligence on you.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Blessed3434(m): 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
]Chai, see biz opportunity. How I wish I fit get someone reliable to manage this for me..

Abeg how much does it cost to buy an average sized tuber in Lagos?

Your signature please.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Forumobserver12(m): 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
lekki1444:
without the north we are dead. the south is overrated. north is the supplier of food

Didnt you hear the man saying that people also come from North to buy from them? Benue State is in MiddleBeltnot North..

3 Likes

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by poseidon12: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
salbis:
Nigeria is blessed, save it is been run by useless and wicked people.

And mostly populated by the same kind of people as the leaders.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
Johnrake69:

This business no be for novice ooo. If you jump in you will jump out almost same velocity

Explain, please?
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by sigiyaya(m): 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
lekki1444:
are you biafran by any chance ?
I am not but i am someone in this contraption( Nigeria) that knows that this ungodly union is not working and will never work. In a simple logic you dont force people to stay together against their wish and expect harmony

4 Likes

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by CodeTemplar: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
Abusadiq01:
Yam Deport... Sai Baba
This yam predates sai baba-ism now. Same sai baba under whom all Adeshina's rice landmarks diminished is what you want to praise.

3 Likes

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Genea(f): 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
snowland:
Chai, see biz opportunity. How I wish I fit get someone reliable to manage this for me..

Abeg how much does it cost to buy an average sized tuber in Lagos?
me tooo
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by poseidon12: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
lekki1444:
without the north we are dead. the south is overrated. north is the supplier of food

Benue State is not in the 'North'.

2 Likes

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by snowland(m): 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
Johnrake69:

That business screwed me. These market women will use native intelligence on you.

Lol..as funny as it sounds, it's the reality nowadays. What's the lesson learned? You wanna share?
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Arysexy(m): 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
ggood:

your very correct it's political, The first time I went there I was surprised cuz I was thinking they Northerners but they are not they are just like South

Benue and Nsukka in Enugu have common boundary. Should we call Enugu North?

1 Like

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by sigiyaya(m): 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
lekki1444:
are you biafran by any chance ?
No matter how you try to defend "One Nigeria" the truth is that it is not working for you and it is not working for me and it will still not work for our children the same way it didn't work for our fathers.

1 Like

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
prekumohtim:

Common stop that nonsense. You are dead, not we . I was raised in farm in the south. We did all manner of farming, rice, beans, groundnut, cassava.... You are making this statement because you were born and raised in city . We didn't know anything about education, the only thing we knew was farming. We travel miles because of rice/fishery farm, we lived there for months till we harvest our rice/yam and return back to our respective villages during December period. The Garri and palm oil you eat , is it gotten from North? Do you know how many trucks of palm oil move from South to North daily? A visit to Bayelsa plantain farm will shock you
You later went to school right? I'm asking because you write so well.

1 Like

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Angelfrost(m): 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
lekki1444:

That's because most parts of the South have chosen or failed to harness their resources and farm!!!... There are many parts of the South where people don't buy yams from Northerners all year round! They basically produce all they need...

I blame the leaders and youths of the South...

If and when they wish to truly get into commercial agriculture, you will eat your words.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Arysexy(m): 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2020
The yam the man said is 70 naira is 500 naira here in Benin

1 Like

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Psylas2: 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2020
primestreams:
You guys are getting something wrong

You are right north supply most of the foods

But don't forget south Nigeria is not a barren or famine

By any chance the north think they are the alpha and omega and make the South go into farming, it is over for the north

Correction it is the middle belt not north

The people you call North are actually related to Southern Nigeria, North is just a political region.
Benue people hate being called Northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by lekki1444: 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2020
sigiyaya:
I am not but i am someone in this contraption( Nigeria) that knows that this ungodly union is not working and will never work. In a simple logic you dont force people to stay together against their wish and expect harmony
i guess you know more than GOD who allowed it to be put together like this.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by snowland(m): 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2020
Karmatyra:

If only you where in abuja,we would have met.I would have linked u with my mum directly,it's what she does...yam business. she can teach you,link you with trust worthy people and you can be doing business directly with them yourself without any middle man.
I wouldn't mind connecting with you on this...l
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Takuruku4: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2020
Experiencenaija:
This is only possible at the largest yam market in West Africa located in Nigeria called "Zaki Biam Yam Market". The Zaki Biam market is believed to be the largest yam market in Nigeria and perhaps Africa, it accounts for 70% of yam cultivated in Nigeria. Buyers from other African countries patronize the market due to the ridiculous prices at which you can purchase yams in bulk.

To know more about the market, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrnZH6EZIRA&t=5s
Poor journalism.... what's the geographical location of zaki biam yam market?
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2020
Bern1992:
With just 15k, you can get 100 tubers of yam.

I love my state.

The governor is something else though.
mehn if one can just buy it and transport to states like Rivers

1 Like

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by lekki1444: 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
sigiyaya:
No matter how you try to defend "One Nigeria" the truth is that it is not working for you and it is not working for me and it will still not work for our children the same way it didn't work for our fathers.

well it was nnamdi azikiwe senior and junior that forced this one nigeria upon us.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Munzy14(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2020
udoakwa:
In which of the state is this please?
E no go pass benue...its cultural over there.

1 Like

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
Karmatyra:
Zaki Biam! the soil is something else,earthworm for there be like snake! very fertile, I know kos I have a large yam farm there!
If only you can transport to the South
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by juman(m): 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
Some people said taraba produce yam as much as benue.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by PreyingMantis(m): 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
lekki1444:
i guess you know more than GOD who allowed it to be put together like this.
You should be able to differentiate between God and Satan. Nigeria is a creation of Satan and his agents. That's why the country has failed and will continue to fail until it breaks up completely. Light and darkness have nothing in common.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Karmatyra(f): 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
snowland:

I wouldn't mind connecting with you on this...l
okay. I sell yam in abuja too. plus other businesses. it's easy for me kos I have a yam farm in Zaki biam and my mum is like the chief of all farmers there in benue grin grin I learned from her. she will put you through and you can carry on by yourself. no go put money for anybody hand make them chop am.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by TheSparrow: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Agriculture is more than a gold mine in Nigeria.

Only few are exploring it.

Agriculture doesn't stop at farming.

Mr A can choose to farm (tubers like yam, cassava, or grains, vegetables, livestock, etc)

Mr B can choose trade (Buy from Mr A and resell at a marked up price)

Mr C can choose to process (Buy from Mr B, add value & sell. Eg, process yam to yam flour, process cassava to starch, ethanol, garri, chips, etc, process tomato to paste, rice Milling, vegetable oil Production, etc.)

Mr D can choose to distribute Mr C's products and sell to small retailers who in turn sell to consumers.

Mr E can choose to import or fabricate low cost farming and agroprocessing machinery.

Mr F can choose to sell farming agroprocessing machinery

Mr E can choose to provide financing to A,B,C, D.

And so it goes, massive economy created, millions if jobs created. GDP grows, purchasing power and living standard grows.

Meanwhile, we can setup a rice Milling plant for you with less than N5MILLION. Check signature for contact info.

2 Likes

Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Karmatyra:

If only you where in abuja,we would have met.I would have linked u with my mum directly,it's what she does...yam business. she can teach you,link you with trust worthy people and you can be doing business directly with them yourself without any middle man.
Your mum must be balling cheesy
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by lekki1444: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
PreyingMantis:
You should be able to differentiate between God and Satan. Nigeria is a creation of Satan and his agents. That's why the country has failed and will continue to fail until it breaks up completely. Light and darkness have nothing in common.
Satan works for GOD. read book of job chapter 1
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by Takuruku4: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Psylas2:

The people you call North are actually related to Southern Nigeria, North is just a political region.
Benue people hate being called Northerners.
Thank you we are not northerners...

Anytime I go East and I hear them calling me Aboki the thing the pain me,if you argue them go call u Hausa.

Benue is in the middle of Nigeria not northern part of Nigeria.
Re: Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Bern1992:
With just 15k, you can get 100 tubers of yam.

I love my state.

The governor is something else though.

Mehn. If only transporting these things were affordable. Instead, transport charges will just gulp the resources down to zero. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) / Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / It’s Been Approved By CBN’ — Banks Begin Dispensing Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.