Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,389 members, 7,958,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:57 AM

Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? (64293 Views)

Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) / Lekki Shootings: CNN Objects To Lagos Panel’s Invitation / Lekki Shootings: CNN To Lai Mohammed, 'You Didn't Provide Any Evidence' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by RoyalUc(m): 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2020
Neddstark:

There was shooting. Soldiers shot into the air but some silly ones may have fired whether intentionally or unintentionally into the crowd. But it was not a mass fire into the crowd, if it was DJ Switch will not be alive. It would have been a bloodbath. Some people died, many were injured. It was a tragedy. I am against the use of assault weapons to disperse a crowd. Sometimes it always ends fatal.

You are the most rational person I have read concerning this matter.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Friend22(m): 10:02pm On Nov 19, 2020
Guestlander:

The BBC report does not contradict anything. She described how she left the toll gate and what she saw. She couldn't possibly see everything that happened that night, that is why the report of other eyewitnesses are important.
One thing is certain though, the army was there shooting at protesters and this is the main problem.

Hear yourself?
"The army was there shooting at protesters..."

Some of you are way way worst than liars.

Somebody who was there said they shoot into the air now someone ,who has a faceless and probably has no address moniker is receiving likes to show that the drivel he wrote is well received by simpletons .
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Neddstark: 10:07pm On Nov 19, 2020
RoyalUc:

You are the most rational person I have read concerning this matter.

Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by gwinaB(m): 10:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
Eteka1:
BBC is giving eye witness report while CNN is echoing propaganda.

BBC gave report of the time they were present, what happened after they left? The wounded the governor visited at the hospital, was it spirit that injured them?
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2020
Lol at people who think BBC is credible in this matter. BBC is the British media arm of the British government.

Their job is propaganda to promote looting of former colonies resources. Saying there was a massacre would put their hopeful next stooge (the bullion rogue) in danger while legitimizing the youths who are protesting.

This is why they gave all the weapons in the world during the Nigerian civil war. It was all to gain access to Nigeria's wealth oil and all.

Think about how long British oil companies have operated in Nigeria without oversight. They decide what amount of oil they tell us they drill we don't even know.

Their companies from UAC to lever bothers control so much of the economy and at the end of the year they send their money to Britain. Mid you there are so many other deals we have no idea about.

They don't care about you only what they can get from Nigeria's oil and other resources. Believe Queen Elizabeth and the prime minister at your own peril.

How people don't realize the British are looting Nigeria silly daily with the help of their stooges who they provide cover for when they need to so they can continue looting Nigeria is shocking.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Sammyblaq(m): 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2020
Negodi Damilola BBC... Hope say dem no credit you?
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by sevenhundred(m): 10:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jake19:
BBC were present at the venue and gave their report but anyone who watch the CNN report and still say there is no massacre at the lekki toll gate on that day is heartless.

It is a shame that we even have to rely on foreign journalists and TV stations to get a clearer view of what happened at the lekki toll gate.
Shame on Our journalists
lasg, the military, then the minister contradict themselves, that makes them quilty of the said crime!!!!
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by jidxin(m): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2020
Akainzo:

Ok, let me help you. Always know that what you are watching "live" is not necessarily happening at that exact live instance.

The presidential broadcast has been watched live, but it was not necessarily recorded live.
wow wow sorry ooo like I'm so bemused, I'm short of word, how did you find yourself on Nairaland, my mind was telling me that you were about to say bullcrap. Instagram Live can only broadcast a live event just like Facebook live. It's quite different from a telecasted broadcast where you have time to edit, Instagram cannot air any other thing except live footage. You need to be familiar with this app before engaging learned people in any kinda discussion.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Guestlander: 11:25pm On Nov 19, 2020
Friend22:

Hear yourself?
"The army was there shooting at protesters..."

Some of you are way way worst than liars.

Somebody who was there said they shoot into the air now someone ,who has a faceless and probably has no address moniker is receiving likes to show that the drivel he wrote is well received by simpletons .

Even if you are blind which I think you are, someone must have told you there were live videos of people soaked in blood and some who appeared unconscious. I wonder if folks like you have their brains on their feet.
Morons like you don't even realize soldiers should not be shooting at civilians in any shape or form. That is tyranny. Shooting in the air my foot, after they denied being there? Do you have any brains?
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by AnanseK(m): 11:39pm On Nov 19, 2020
Parcks:

But why will someone who claims to be educated be thinking like this?

So, is it not possible for the soldiers to shot some rounds into the air, and some into the crowd? Did they not give them orders? You think they will want to kill more persons than they can hide? You think they don't know that shooting about 3 or 4 is enough to get everyone away from the scene? Did Lagos State Government not say 2 was killed? Is it not possible for them to be economical with the truth?

Like, you have a brain, and it was given to you for a purpose. Damn!

When and where did I claim to be educated? Your fake news industry is now targeting me ehn? So what else did I do in your tales by moonlight? Don’t go and put me on CNN please.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by guiddoti: 12:03am On Nov 20, 2020
peacekante:
These are the video report of both reputable international TV stations on the lekki shooting incident. The incident has generated quite a lot of controversies around the world. While the Nigerian Government has vehemently denied shooting at the lekki protesters. The Army on the other hand earlier denied going to lekki to shoot, but later admitted that it was at the lekki tool gate but didn't shoot live bullet. They also claimed they shot at the air not at protesters.
But the protesters are insisting that they were shot at and many were killed. The major protester at the ground DJ switch told CNN that the soldiers shot at them and killed lots of people.

Both CNN and BBC have given their own report on what happened at the lekki toll gate. While BBC reporter Damilola Banjo who was at the protest ground reported that the Army was shooting on air, but only saw one man grasping for air which she was not because of gun bullet, the CNN video said the Army actually shot at the protesters with live bullet. Though the CNN was not present at the protest ground.

So Nairalanders, watch the video report from both CNN and BBC. who is actually giving the real account of what happened at Lekki toll gate on the 20 of October 2020

BBC report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlSRq_WAdlE

CNN report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKhJcL2ttls
Why BBC cannot release their footage.?
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Godson32(m): 12:13am On Nov 20, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Nonsense and #Endsars...

Let BBC n CNN do a report of what happened in Oyigbo, Rivers State.

Are those killed there not also Nigerians?
They are the 5% people, lols.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by emmyN(m): 12:47am On Nov 20, 2020
Neddstark:

My last statement:
I am against the use of assault weapons to disperse a crowd. Sometimes it always ends fatal.

About the army lying, thats their business. It is good though you dont get the truth wrong. I was one of those that believed over 100 died that night at first.

You are lying, because if you watched the live feed no one made mention of figures to that number. Where did you get your figures from?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by yizastone(m): 12:47am On Nov 20, 2020
Eteka1:

you know switch did an IGlive video....

I'm sure you know IGlive videos can't be doctored....
so how are those videos propaganda..
I'm sure you understand the word investigation.

as much as I don't like CNN; that BBC lady gave an account of what she saw only.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by yizastone(m): 12:51am On Nov 20, 2020
peacekante:

Yea that was a very extensive investigation but we shouldn't rule out the BBC own report where it's journalist was present at the protest ground

present for abt 30mins only
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Vatod(m): 12:59am On Nov 20, 2020
Let me just say my own as drunkard I am, there’s lot to this video, what did international world have to gain if there is no massacre? Whonhave the best interest? Why the cover up? Why the removing of camera? Why the shooting if Nigerian Govt have to agree to one! Why night? Then why did you have to use a traceable bullet if you have to use one?
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Hangulsaram: 3:47am On Nov 20, 2020
peacekante:

Yea that was a very extensive investigation but we shouldn't rule out the BBC own report where it's journalist was present at the protest ground
You forgot that the BBC reporter is a black woman who could have been bought over by the Nigeria Government and ask to twist her own report. Or as a reporter why did she left the venue when the military are still there shooting, does n’t that minister anything to you? That they were bribed to leave the seen and as soon as they left the military opened fire on the protesters.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by israelinvests: 4:23am On Nov 20, 2020
[quote author=Jake19 post=96208763]BBC were present at the venue and gave their report but anyone who watch the CNN report and still say there is no massacre at the lekki toll gate on that day is heartless.

It is a shame that we even have to rely on foreign journalists and TV stations to get a clearer view of what happened at the lekki toll gate.
Shame on Our journalists[/ she was reporting base on her thoughts
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Mrbenny001: 7:29am On Nov 20, 2020
Eteka1:
Una no de tire? The army said they were there but fired into the air to scare away the protesters. Besides how come up till now we don't have the any known person that was killed there?
you're a fool, the CNN report family members looking for their family members that we killed at lekki protest
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Idamond: 7:30am On Nov 20, 2020
PataAlhaja:

You believe CNN that were never there as against BBC that were there live.

BBC were there and Lagos State govt said two were killed.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Godmademan(m): 7:36am On Nov 20, 2020
peacekante:
These are the video report of both reputable international TV stations on the lekki shooting incident. The incident has generated quite a lot of controversies around the world. While the Nigerian Government has vehemently denied shooting at the lekki protesters. The Army on the other hand earlier denied going to lekki to shoot, but later admitted that it was at the lekki tool gate but didn't shoot live bullet. They also claimed they shot at the air not at protesters.
But the protesters are insisting that they were shot at and many were killed. The major protester at the ground DJ switch told CNN that the soldiers shot at them and killed lots of people.

Both CNN and BBC have given their own report on what happened at the lekki toll gate. While BBC reporter Damilola Banjo who was at the protest ground reported that the Army was shooting on air, but only saw one man grasping for air which she was not because of gun bullet, the CNN video said the Army actually shot at the protesters with live bullet. Though the CNN was not present at the protest ground.

So Nairalanders, watch the video report from both CNN and BBC. who is actually giving the real account of what happened at Lekki toll gate on the 20 of October 2020

BBC report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlSRq_WAdlE

CNN report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKhJcL2ttls
You are making comparison with an interview made a few hours after the event, from someone who clearly stated that she left few minutes into the mayhem.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Friend22(m): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2020
Guestlander:

Even if you are blind which I think you are, someone must have told you there were live videos of people soaked in blood and some who appeared unconscious. I wonder if folks like you have their brains on their feet.
Morons like you don't even realize soldiers should not be shooting at civilians in any shape or form. That is tyranny. Shooting in the air my foot, after they denied being there? Do you have any brains?

Keep lying to your brainwashed self.

You have a brain divided into two halves.
On the left,it is not working right and on the right ,there is nothing left.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Idamond: 7:42am On Nov 20, 2020
BBC said no one was killed.

governor of Lagos State said two was killed and many injured.

army said they were not at Lagos tollgate, days later they accept they were there but didn't shoot, after much pressure they accept they shoot on air.. army lies planty.

CNN report base on there research and videos

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by huntax(m): 7:56am On Nov 20, 2020
IMAMofWAR:
cnn lacks news so they used naija to occupy themselves till them get news. why ddnt dey show it when it was hot

Why can't you use your brain? They took their time to gather information and investigate the authenticity before releasing videos.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by chriscrosss(m): 8:15am On Nov 20, 2020
Shame on you people still doubting the killings and footage..shame..

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Eteka1(m): 8:56am On Nov 20, 2020
Mrbenny001:
you're a fool, the CNN report family members looking for their family members that we killed at lekki protest
Your father is a bigger fool for bringing up a scoundrel.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Tecord1(m): 10:25am On Nov 20, 2020
Eteka1:
BBC was there for about 20Mins, they don't have the full story of what happened through the night. Listen carefully to her reporting. CNN gave eye witness point of view. Those who were there through the night. Evidence of the bullets used, and from family member who lost a brother. So before you come here to type rubbish, take time to listen to both interviews again

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Crownwhale(m): 10:58am On Nov 20, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

If you listen to her very well she say at first they shot into the air and then she left. which means she did not stay there for long after the shooting and this is what I am trying to say when bullets are flying who will wait and see what is going on especially in the dark. By using the wait at first when the military arrive the shut-in today in this is actually that she did not see what actually happened or the full incident

I listened well... I supported your point too. There's error in my statement instead of "seem" there it should be seeked. For her to seek safety from Nigerian Army I believed she's reached compromised agreement with them. For instance in Ogbomoso Police killed a boy and threatened the family of the boy to say that the boy wasn't killed by police bullet but local bullets which the father initially did but later said the truth. That's Nigeria policy "any atrocity must be covered".
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Mrbenny001: 11:58am On Nov 20, 2020
Your forefathers are very foolish , stupid boy,
no home training
Eteka1:
Your father is a bigger fool for bringing up a scoundrel.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Emanodimo(m): 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2020
Damilola Banjo said the shooting continues for about 20minutes... Let her show the world her video coverage at what position she was standing by when the shooting commences.

At what direction, did Damilola followed when her editor met the soldier for escape?

When someone was gasping for air?.......She could have taken that extra effort to find out why...........Well, She isn't to blame due to the intense situation.

She might be true to her observation but I doubt her closeness to the scene.....

It is expected that soldiers will shot in the air to disperse crowd, then turn rowdy later to shoot with aim.

They claim that no one was killed, that it was a blank bullet?

They planned to make it a situation of unknown soldiers before, but seems impossible on the long run.

Who ordered the NA to the scene is what bothers Nigerians most...... Well, as things are going on this matter, the govt might win the case cuz of whom that are involved.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Emanodimo(m): 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
Hangulsaram:

You forgot that the BBC reporter is a black woman who could have been bought over by the Nigeria Government and ask to twist her own report. Or as a reporter why did she left the venue when the military are still there shooting, does n’t that minister anything to you? That they were bribed to leave the seen and as soon as they left the military opened fire on the protesters.

You further open my understanding on the matter with your question as a reporter why did she left the venue when the military are still there shooting?

She explained the shooting took about 20minutes before she left... Can she gave a video coverage on that note?

She found someone gasping for air, she could have seized that moment to know why?

Is she equally conscious of what happened that night?

At what direction, does the NA allowed their escape from the scene that day?

All in All, I can't blame her.... She is a human too that can be subjected to frighten situation like that.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Akainzo(m): 1:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
Minjim:

1st pic contains blank bullets

2nd pic contains those found at Lekki
Now compare the edges
Blank bullets have jagged top while life bullets have smooth top.

Moreover, that video from Youtube has been blocked for a season now

First, thanks for going looking for pix of Blanks, at least both of us agree on how they look like.

However, the judicial panel was at the site some weeks after. Here is a post from the venue of the incident on the SAME day of the incident. And you can check the bullets out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Obasanjo Pays Surprise Visit To El-Rufai In Kaduna (Photo) / WAEC Posts Irrelevant Advertorial On Buhari's Certificate In Guardian Newspaper / Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.