Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,529 members, 7,850,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:22 AM

Presidential Debate on NN24 - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Debate on NN24 (33374 Views)

Poll: Presidential Debate: Who Impressed You Most?

GEJ: 10% (57 votes)
Ribadu: 11% (62 votes)
Buhari: 35% (199 votes)
Shekarau: 42% (238 votes)
This poll has ended

NN24, Nigeria's News Channel Folds Up / Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> / Nn24 News Presidential Debate In Abuja - Live Images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by hbrednic: 12:11am On Mar 19, 2011
Mr Ribadu was the worst perfomer tonite,
I am young,I am young, thats why i am qualified to be the president  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy
I wonder what ACN was thinking by presenting this man to Nigerians  

SAI SHEKARU, your D BEST
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by SkyBlue1: 12:11am On Mar 19, 2011
eku_bear:

What is the "simple matter of justice" that you would apply?

Please enlighten me.

Why do you think there is routine violence in Jos? What do you think the issue is about?
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ekubear1: 12:13am On Mar 19, 2011
Sky Blue:

Why do you think there is routine violence in Jos? What do you think the issue is about?

Abeg, how about you answer my question, then I'll answer yours.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Sagamite(m): 12:15am On Mar 19, 2011
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Newscaster: 12:16am On Mar 19, 2011
Listen to Ribadu's answer on the Niger Delta issue - Absolutely nothing.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by enemaralph: 12:18am On Mar 19, 2011
Ribadu zeal and passion, Shekarau  depth and insight, Buhari statemanship, GEJ a timid fellow.
I should vote shekarau but i think he lacks the political structure to win, next is Buhari who i feel has got the political structure that can match pdp and his statemanship we need to put nigeria back on track.
For Ribadu he should save his ambition for another day. embarassed
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Pharoh: 12:18am On Mar 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

So, a legitimate media house is still not right for a presidential debate? WHY?

They are right for a presidential debate but not the major debate judging from peoples post here that the opposition should boycott the debate organized by BON.  BON should have been the first to host a debate and then there can be other debates by private stations. I will be in support of NN24 if BON and the other national station srefused to host one or they have been ill prepared to host one. I was against debates because i don't want to see personal attacks against PDP or the president but just forward suggested solutions to our problems simple. The governorship debates was more of an attack than a debate but i am impressed by this debate. I have been rooting for BON because leaving it in the hands of a private station might have affected the quality but i give a slightly passmark to NN24.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 3kay945(m): 12:21am On Mar 19, 2011
I know Shekarau won the show followed by Ribadu, but eloquent or speaking good english is not what we need. it s not even our native language.
we need man of action and integrity that can move us forward. That is what BB represent. Buhari didnt perform bad.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Newscaster: 12:28am On Mar 19, 2011
NN24 is seen on cable in Nigeria - how many people actually saw this caricature in Nigeria?
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by SkyBlue1: 12:30am On Mar 19, 2011
eku_bear:

Abeg, how about you answer my question, then I'll answer yours.

I have given you the answer. I don't feel like going on round about explaining what you should know (for somebody bold enough to claim "similarities" between Jos crises and Kano). The reason why there is violence and the issue causing the vioence is the reason why it is a simple matter of justice. You can read up on it if you are not so sure or ask another poster. It would be a bit immature though if you just jumped up to shout "similarity" for the sake of it.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by 3kay945(m): 12:30am On Mar 19, 2011
mekaboy:

[b]

A PRESIDENT DOES NOT NEED TO KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF NIGERIA. ALL HE NEED TO DO, IS TO BE WILLING TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

YOU HAVE ALL HEARD SHAKERU SPEAK AND YOUR ALL IMPRESSED. YOU MUST VISIT KANO AND SEE HOW MUCH OF THE KNOWLEDGE IS IMPLEMENTED.

A PRESIDENT DOES NOT NEED TO KNOW THE PROBLEM IN THE POWER SECTOR, ALL HE NEEDS TO DO IS TO BE WILLING.

THERE IS THIS SAYING "WHEN THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY"

THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH PDP IS THAT.

1, THEY DON,T KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM

2, THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

THE JOB OF THE PRESIDENT IS TO WORK WITH PROFESSIONALS.
1, INVITE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD WITH EXPERIENCE IN THESE ISSUE/PROBLEMS

2, ASK HOW WILL THIS PROBLEM BE SOLVED

3, WHEN THEY PRESENT A PLAN ON HOW IT WILL BE SOLVED.

4, THEY WILL BE GIVEN A TARGET  AND TIME TO COMPLETE THE TASK.

5. PRESIDENT RELEASES THE FUNDS FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PLAN.

6. MONITORING TEAM IS SET UP TO ENSURE THAT THE PLAN IS CARRIED OUT AND DELIVERED AT THE EXACT TIME.

ALL WE NEED FROM A PRESIDENT IS *INTEGRITY* WILINESS TO CHANGE*

TALK IS CHEAP$$$$$$

[/b]

THANKS bro. you really hit the nail on the head.
there are many kids here  grin grin
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Gbawe: 12:30am On Mar 19, 2011
Sky Blue:

They might share some similarities but are ultimately different and whoever does not get that will not be able to solve the problem. The issue in Jos is a simple matter of justice, hence no need for pseudo nationalistic rhetoric about bringing peace by getting 'stakeholders' and all groups "involved". That is insulting to the situation happening in Jos and I have to say is simply a microcosm of what goes on in a larger sense in the Nigerian state. The groups involved are minority ethnic groups hence the urgency to solve the problem doesn't seem to be there (and heads and eyes are even turned the other way).

This is the point and Ribadu shows he understands this when he made an apt analogy as pertaining to the ND. He stated that several ministries and agencies dedicated to the Niger Delata has not made a difference and will not make a difference if there is no strong will to correct the injustice against the Niger Delta indigenes.

@Eku Bear.

You ask "What is the "simple matter of justice" that you would apply?"

Sincere mediation is the beginning . As an administrator , you will not know the minute detail of every problem because of how varied our landscape, culture and belief system is . If you are committed to consistent justice and equity for all then you are almost home. the best you can do is look at the problem , mediate neutrally and provide justice for all stakeholders -especially those disenfranchised and cheated by more powerful ethnic/interest groups,cabals etc . Ribadu gets it right Shekarau does not . You ask for details but how much time does ribadu have to give you details ? Can any politician give satisfactory "details" , in 2 minutes , for the resolution to many civic , ethnic and regional strife and conflicts throughout the world? What most politician will offer is that sincere committment to justice for all will be effective. They will not suggest that appointing folks from every region solves everything . That is simplistic.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by hbrednic: 12:32am On Mar 19, 2011
3kay945:

I know Shekarau won the show followed by Ribadu, but eloquent or speaking good english is not what we need. it s not even our native language.
we need man of action and integrity that can move us forward. That is what BB represent. Buhari didnt perform bad.

Shekaru is the only candidate that came out of the debate with his cap still on his head,
the others were just mediocry and clueless,I expected more from Ribadu but he fell flat.
Maybe we have to wait till 2015 for the saviour.
I am disappointed with what i witnessed tonite.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Gbawe: 12:35am On Mar 19, 2011
Newscaster:

Listen to Ribadu's answer on the Niger Delta issue - Absolutely nothing.

shocked shocked shocked Haba !!!! Comprehensive Marshall Plan addressing road construction, infrastructure , etc as opposed to duplicate ND Ministries and committees that achieve nothing? Okay , what was the Einsteinic suggestions Shekarau and buhari supplied that bettered the "absolutely nothing" from Ribadu?
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Mar 19, 2011
Pharoh:

They are right for a presidential debate but not the major debate judging from peoples post here that the opposition should boycott the debate organized by BON.  BON should have been the first to host a debate and then there can be other debates by private stations. I will be in support of NN24 if BON and the other national station srefused to host one or they have been ill prepared to host one. I was against debates because i don't want to see personal attacks against PDP or the president but just forward suggested solutions to our problems simple. The governorship debates was more of an attack than a debate but i am impressed by this debate. I have been rooting for BON because leaving it in the hands of a private station might have affected the quality but i give a slightly passmark to NN24.

Wait  . . . . I am confused. BON is merely an organization out there that tries to act to get media houses together on occasion. Now you pretend it is an organization IN CHARGE OF PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES?
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ekubear1: 12:41am On Mar 19, 2011
Sky Blue:

I have given you the answer. I don't feel like going on round about explaining what you should know (for somebody bold enough to claim "similarities" between Jos crises and Kano). The reason why there is violence and the issue causing the vioence is the reason why it is a simple matter of justice. You can read up on it if you are not so sure or ask another poster. It would be a bot immature though if you just jumped up to shout "similarity" for the sake of it.

It isn't that simple. The Hausa view themselves there as equally indigenous to Plataeu. They are vastly outnumbered, but are fortunate enough to have powerful allies in the police and military.

So what is the simple "just" solution? Withdraw the military there and the Hausa will be slaughtered. They cannot be kicked out either, since not only is that illegal, they've lived there since the early 1900s (and claim to be indigenes too.)

Ultimately, it is as conflict between two cultures and ethnic groups about indigeneship and who owns what. So what is the obvious "just" solution? Neither party is clearly the villain (in my opinion.)
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Akainzo(m): 12:42am On Mar 19, 2011
Pharoh:

My guy, you apparently do not understand the Nigerian system amd thus your premise is wrong! BON is parastatal of government just like NTA, much more so, BON is NOT a TV or Radio Station thus they have no equipments on ground to organise any presidential debate. BON simply holds broadcasts rights on behalf of Nigerian media outfits. chikena!
That ruse of BON organising a debate, came to be by reason of GEJ's team trying to avoid the NN24 debate. The best that BON can do is get NTA to organise one.

On your bolded part, where was NTA before NN24 muted their own? WHich one has NTA publicised? WHich one has NTA ever organised? The issue ogff BON/NTA came up because GEJ wanfted expo, which NN24 was not willing to accede to. Tell me, which station has the best quality across the nation? Is it NTA?
If you have DSTV, do compare the NN24 on Channel 414 to NTA on 130 and tell me if NTA is of better quality. Let's do away with mediocrity, we'd be better for it!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Pharoh: 12:43am On Mar 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Wait  . . . . I am confused. BON is merely an organization out there that tries to act to get media houses together on occasion. Now you pretend it is an organization IN CHARGE OF PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES?

Sorry it is one of the organizations in charge and there are others like

Nigerian Election Debate Group (NEDG), an amalgamation of the Nigeria’s mass media, the Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria (NPAN), the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON), the Nigeria Bar Association, National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), market women and other civil society groups, which has been organising the presidential debate series since 1999.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Pharoh: 12:46am On Mar 19, 2011
@Akainzo

My mistake and i have clarified that in the post above then about judging both well i do not have access to any of them to give a fair assessment.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by kokoA(m): 12:47am On Mar 19, 2011
What do PDP take us for There is no organization with the monopoly of organizing debates during elections. He chickened out, simple!
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by SkyBlue1: 12:51am On Mar 19, 2011
eku_bear:

It isn't that simple. The Hausa view themselves there as equally indigenous to Plataeu. They are vastly outnumbered, but are fortunate enough to have powerful allies in the police and military.

So what is the simple "just" solution? Withdraw the military there and the Hausa will be slaughtered. They cannot be kicked out either, since not only is that illegal, they've lived there since the early 1900s (and claim to be indigenes too.)

Ultimately, it is as conflict between two cultures and ethnic groups about indigeneship and who owns what. So what is the obvious "just" solution? Neither party is clearly the villain (in my opinion.)

Unless one is being mischevious, there is no confusion over who is and isn't indeginous to Jos and plateau state in general, people know where they came from and who they met when they got there. It is not about villification but about justice (how many groups known to carry out well planned raids and massacre of children and families in the middle of the night have been arrested). The military has been known to collude with the one group to slaughter the other, so what are you talking about here? Where do you think the violence normally starts from? I really don't mean this as an insult but with this post of yours I see this discussion going nowhere (not really in the mood for one of those) because you don't seem to know what is happening in Plateau state.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Kobojunkie: 12:51am On Mar 19, 2011
Pharoh:

Sorry it is one of the organizations in charge and there are others like

No it is NOT an organization IN CHARGE . . . NO one group has SOLE RIGHTS to PRESIDENTIAL Debates . . . that is UNHEARD OF.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Wadeoye(m): 12:52am On Mar 19, 2011
Buhari performed better than I had expected in terms of talking and debating. For a ex-military man to come out and face  a public debate and even able to tell us what our problems are and how to address them although not with the eloquence of Okotie or Pat Utomi. Please give kudos to him - he has grown beyond his training and environment and for this reason, those that are undecided should vote for him. He represents what we need in a country and he knows the problems - corruption and indecipline. Ribadu said there is no corrupt person in the country but people disagreed with him there. One would ask Ribadu, why was he appointed the EFCC chairman if there is no corrupt person in the country?
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by ekubear1: 12:53am On Mar 19, 2011
Sky Blue:

Unless one is being mischevious, there is no confusion over who is and isn't indeginous to Jos and plateau state in general. It is not about villification but about justice. The military has been known to collude with the one group to slaughter the other, so what are you talking about here? Where do you think the violence normally starts from? I really don't mean this as an insult but with this post of yours I see this discussion going nowhere (not really in the mood for one of those) because you don't seem to know what is happening in Plateau state.

Alright. We'll leave it at that and agree to disagree.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Newscaster: 12:58am On Mar 19, 2011
Wadeoye:

[b]Buhari performed better than I had expected in terms of talking and debating. [/b]For a ex-military man to come out and face  a public debate and even able to tell us what our problems are and how to address them although not with the eloquence of Okotie or Pat Utomi. Please give kudos to him - he has grown beyond his training and environment and for this reason, those that are undecided should vote for him. He represents what we need in a country and he knows the problems - corruption and indecipline. Ribadu said there is no corrupt person in the country but people disagreed with him there. One would ask Ribadu, why was he appointed the EFCC chairman if there is no corrupt person in the country?

Even if the man chop shiiiiit, you go say na good thing him dey do.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Gbawe: 1:03am On Mar 19, 2011
eku_bear:

Land, border and entitlement dispute is as old as man himself. History shows us the way forward . Bold mediation and judgement , to bring justice , is certainly a better chance of lasting peace than simplistically running a 'government of unity'. History is replete with memorable peace accords/Treaties and resolutions , achieved after sincere mediation effort, that have brought lasting peace, unity and progress  . We are blighted with a largely illiterate population in Nigerian but we can work effectively through local leaders of influence as was done effectively in the past. Things have become somewhat dilluted with how opportunist politicians have cynically hijacked issues of rancour to instigate chaos that aid their agenda . The first step is a committment to justice for all . then a concerted effort must be made to bring all stakeholder together . A blueprint must then emerge to collate information from all stakeholders to assist effective mediation everyone will accept . It cannot be deemed empirically flawless but nothing else can come close as regards lasting solutions to issues of extreme rancour. Certainly ,the concept of token appointments to foster a sense of inclusiveness is patently flawed because aggrieved groups may have a representative in Government who is doing nothing to advance their cause . Afterall GEJ is from the ND region and Yar Adua , so far , has done better than him for the people of that region.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by EzeUche2(m): 1:07am On Mar 19, 2011
In a way, I am glad three northerners debated. It shows how diverse the region is and I have yet to see much tribalism from people when discussing this debate.

For the most part, I see many of us just want this nation to progress.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by jmaine: 1:10am On Mar 19, 2011
ALL i see are people going back and forth just to defend the shallowness of their respective candidates, it clearly shows that our minds are made off no matter what . enough of this useless campaign . we all saw their worth today and only man was not found wanting which was Shekarau a silent guy with less noise but well versed in governance.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Pharoh: 1:12am On Mar 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

No it is NOT an organization IN CHARGE . . . NO one group has SOLE RIGHTS to PRESIDENTIAL Debates . . . that is UNHEARD OF.

It is part of the organization and i agree with you about the monopoly stuff but there is no monopoly in this case.

It is funny that even absentee goodluck is beating ribadu at the polls for today's debate.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Doyin2(m): 1:15am On Mar 19, 2011
QUESTION: . ,
Issue of Doctor's strike in lagos. Is it an issue of health for Nigerians ,  or an anomaly that ACN has a better plan for the Federation?
Rubari (ANSWER)
It is an indication of democracy working, lagos state is a bad example for you to use cos it is the best performing state in the federation today.
I just visited a patient in a hospital in Ikeja and what I found there was amazing, incredible, i thought I was not in Nigeria.
Modern equipment that I saw there, the quality of the infrastructure was world class, and I congratulated fashola when I saw him.
Issue of Industrial action is something you cannot avoid when you are in government. the ability to address it and come out with a solution
is what matters, i believe they are going to solve their own problems,
APPLAUSE
the issue of health which I believe Health is wealth. ACN will be the best team you can get. We will rehabilitate the whole health care sector.
We are going to setup  6 specialize hospital across the country. Reason: Any little thing that has to do with kidney, heart, cancer you have to go outside the country.
Across the 6 geo political zonewe will create special hospitals.

HOW WILL YOU TACKLE CORRUPTION WITHOUT CREATING SOCIAL UNREST IN THE COUNTRY
BUHARI - (ANSWER)
The bottom line of Nigerian politics is indiscipline and corruption, and from the constitution itself and down to all the financial
regulations. All the rules and regulations are there, it is a matter of implementation. I think the problem is that anybody will
take Nigerians for granted at their own risk.
You can't be head of a department, a chief executive and steal public funds and think you can control those below you.
Nigerians will not agree,
APPLAUSE
I promise to be accountable to Nigerians and I will make sure all all those people you voted from councillor to
the office of the president will be accountable.
And the public treasury is a trust and nobody can tamper with it and get away with it.
APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE

RIBADU - (ANSWER)
I will take it from what my respected general has just said. Sir, Nigerians are not corrupt. Nigerians are not
indisciplined. that is where we make the mistake. The system and the protocols make Nigerians corrupt.
(shouts from guest - No, No, No, No, No)

Moderator: Excuse me, please can we please respect the people in the podium,
We are here to have a conversation, hopefully we will enlighten ourselves.
I must insist on a little silence or I will give him more time

SILENCE

RIBADU (Cont)
The same Nigerians we had in the 50s, 60s are the same Nigerians we have today. Nothing has changed
we do not have any other set of people. We are the Nigerians and we are fundamentally good people.
There is nothing wrong with us. Somewhere along the line we got it wrong as a result
of poor, incompetent mismanagement of those people in charge of our affair.
They are the ones who caused this problem.
If we continue to believe that, our people are indisciplined, our people are corrupt,
It is like saying when you have a shoe that is biting your leg, you must take the foot off.
(MODERATOR: I am afraid you have to stop, )
RIBADU continues,
(MODERATOR: Please Ribadu, you have to stop, you will get a chance in your closing statement.
RIBADU STOPS.

BUHARI'S CLOSING STATEMENT
Fellow Nigerians, you need a leadership that you can trust, that will lead this country for the next 4 years.
We know the situation we are in now, you know the situation we are headin to if we follow the advise
President Obama said when he visited Ghana. He said that developing countries need strong institutions
rather than strong personalities.
In Nigeria we need both, we need strong people to resuscitate the institutions and make them strong
Thank you very much,
(MODERATOR: General  Buhari you have got a min left do you want to use it.
BUHARI(contd)
What I am saying is that this multi party democracy has given Nigerians the power to choose their
leadership and change them at will. So it is up to them to have the courage to choose people
and ensure that their votes count.
When we say people should go and register, which we hope they have, they should go and vote.
And make sure that their votes count. Then they give the opportunity for whatever leadership
they have chosen to perform or not to perform,

THE BEST CONTRIBUTION SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE LET US LEARN TO BE LESS SENTIMENTAL
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Wadeoye(m): 1:23am On Mar 19, 2011
Thanks you Doyin - it is not oral english that matters - the important thing is the content. If you read the text of their responses, you will agree with me that Bihari did very well. But again Buhari is a man of view of words. His training/profession is not to talk but to act and give orders. So definitely, teachers and lawyers whose daily job is talking will do better in a debate.

Buhari used the debate to clear a few things about himself - dictator label. He was careful and matured about his responses.
Re: Presidential Debate on NN24 by Doyin2(m): 1:29am On Mar 19, 2011
QUESTION: . ,
Issue of Doctor's strike in lagos. Is it an issue of health for Nigerians , or an anomaly that ACN has a better plan for the Federation?

Ribadu (ANSWER)
It is an indication of democracy working, lagos state is a bad example for you to use cos it is the best performing state in the federation today.
I just visited a patient in a hospital in Ikeja and what I found there was amazing, incredible, i thought I was not in Nigeria.
Modern equipment that I saw there, the quality of the infrastructure was world class, and I congratulated fashola when I saw him.
Issue of Industrial action is something you cannot avoid when you are in government. the ability to address it and come out with a solution
is what matters, i believe they are going to solve their own problems,
APPLAUSE
the issue of health which I believe Health is wealth. ACN will be the best team you can get. We will rehabilitate the whole health care sector.
We are going to setup 6 specialize hospital across the country. Reason: Any little thing that has to do with kidney, heart, cancer you have to go outside the country.
Across the 6 geo political zonewe will create special hospitals.

HOW WILL YOU TACKLE CORRUPTION WITHOUT CREATING SOCIAL UNREST IN THE COUNTRY
BUHARI - (ANSWER)
The bottom line of Nigerian politics is indiscipline and corruption, and from the constitution itself and down to all the financial
regulations. All the rules and regulations are there, it is a matter of implementation. I think the problem is that anybody will
take Nigerians for granted at their own risk.
You can't be head of a department, a chief executive and steal public funds and think you can control those below you.
Nigerians will not agree,
APPLAUSE
I promise to be accountable to Nigerians and I will make sure all all those people you voted from councillor to
the office of the president will be accountable.
And the public treasury is a trust and nobody can tamper with it and get away with it.

RIBADU - (ANSWER)
I will take it from what my respected general has just said. Sir, Nigerians are not corrupt. Nigerians are not
indisciplined. that is where we make the mistake. The system and the protocols make Nigerians corrupt.
(shouts from guest - No, No, No, No, No)

Moderator: Excuse me, please can we please respect the people in the podium,
We are here to have a conversation, hopefully we will enlighten ourselves.
I must insist on a little silence or I will give him more time

SILENCE

RIBADU (Cont)
The same Nigerians we had in the 50s, 60s are the same Nigerians we have today. Nothing has changed
we do not have any other set of people. We are the Nigerians and we are fundamentally good people.
There is nothing wrong with us. Somewhere along the line we got it wrong as a result
of poor, incompetent mismanagement of those people in charge of our affair.
They are the ones who caused this problem.
If we continue to believe that, our people are indisciplined, our people are corrupt,
It is like saying when you have a shoe that is biting your leg, you must take the foot off.
(MODERATOR: I am afraid you have to stop, )
RIBADU continues,
(MODERATOR: Please Ribadu, you have to stop, you will get a chance in your closing statement.
RIBADU STOPS.

BUHARI'S CLOSING STATEMENT
Fellow Nigerians, you need a leadership that you can trust, that will lead this country for the next 4 years.
We know the situation we are in now, you know the situation we are headin to if we follow the advise
President Obama said when he visited Ghana. He said that developing countries need strong institutions
rather than strong personalities.
In Nigeria we need both, we need strong people to resuscitate the institutions and make them strong
Thank you very much,
(MODERATOR: General Buhari you have got a min left do you want to use it.
BUHARI(contd)
What I am saying is that this multi party democracy has given Nigerians the power to choose their
leadership and change them at will. So it is up to them to have the courage to choose people
and ensure that their votes count.
When we say people should go and register, which we hope they have, they should go and vote.
And make sure that their votes count. Then they give the opportunity for whatever leadership
they have chosen to perform or not to perform,

ISSUES PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

Residents Flee Villages, Communities In South-east As Killings, Unrest Rise / Wike: "I Will Release Video Of Police Commissioner Plotting To Rig Elections" / Kwara State Governor, PDP Guber Candidate In Bribery Scandal (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.