Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,858 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Is It Right? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right? (1629 Views)

Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be a Close Friend With Single Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right? by valdovas(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
legacystore:

Husband and wife are one not two
Every money that comes into that family belongs to both of them n to no one person.

It's like u are jobless n hoping on ur sister's money better go n hustle n let that home be angry

So after marriage she is no longer my sister?
We are still related by blood so I will still show interest in her life.

No I am not jobless but I think it's wrong to take advantage of the woman because she is quiet and can't quarrel.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right? by valdovas(m): 7:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
Munzy14:

What is your business with that family now?
You are a third party, leave husband and wife alone, its their cross.

I care about my blood relative

1 Like

Re: Is It Right? by valdovas(m): 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2020
laluski:

Better talk to the fool very fast...what nonsense..don't mince words with him .it's pure wickedness,can u imagine,if doesn't budge turn am to fight...if possible both families should know...the idiot will be claiming head of house so it's no one's business...no gree o!!

Honestly she annoyed me with her extreme quietness, what is even there to discuss again? Something she should have refused immediately.

Even for office them dey bully her, I tire for that woman.
Re: Is It Right? by Munzy14(m): 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
valdovas:

I care about my blood relative
Na so, if na well to do hubby, all madam relative will flood the house not knowing cut suya cut suya na from cow body.

This is your sister's cross.

Mind u, don't go and put assunder in that marital home.
Re: Is It Right? by Chiquitq(f): 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
It is not right for the husband to bring in a while family even if he is the breadwinner. Those scenarios are for shallow people. Even the ones planning to come have no shame in their game. Living with a family for a mom stipulates time frame is very dicey and everyone should try to avoid it where possible.

Different marriage dynamics exist. The wife may be richer but something must have made her settle for this type of marriage.

I remember when a friend of mine had a good job while the husband was jobless. She was also looking for fruit of the womb at the time and yet, her mother in law came to live with them. She and her son would be home all day lounging while my friend worked her ass off. The mother in law had no shame otherwise she won't live with her son that has no job and no child to use as a guide for her stay.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right? by laluski(m): 11:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
valdovas:

Honestly she annoyed me with her extreme quietness, what is even there to discuss again? Something she should have refused immediately.

Even for office them dey bully her, I tire for that woman.

If that's the case,my dearest brother..abeg jus JEJELY mind ya business o..before your intended good turn something else for family..always remember, you're dealing with different mindset of people here...if she no listen.there's nothing u can do
Re: Is It Right? by legacystore: 10:59am On Nov 21, 2020
valdovas:

So after marriage she is no longer my sister?
We are still related by blood so I will still show interest in her life.

No I am not jobless but I think it's wrong to take advantage of the woman because she is quiet and can't .

She is your sister but married to a man now. You have no right to interfere unnecessarily in her marriage. You are now like an intruder, a third party or what the bible called an asunder.

Ur interference will cause more harm than good to that marriage. Face ur own life n see if u can make anything out of it.

Shalom
Re: Is It Right? by TheCork(m): 12:10am On Nov 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Be exposing the kinda family u grew up in. Ode

hey hello sweet cunt, how are u today..sweet? Hey sweet cunt, please can I take u to disco & are u free this week? smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Right? by NoToPile: 8:01am On Nov 23, 2020
Lots of hypocritical responses.

Hosting A whole family indefinitely in this post lockdown Nigeria, where food stuffs is astronomically expensive. Feeding 3 extra mouths? Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right? by Acrobatics01: 10:18am On Nov 23, 2020
IamD18:
When a man is financially okay in a family, he'll tolerate and accommodate his jobless wife, her jobless siblings in his house without complaints. He'll even train and sponsor them.

But when a woman happens to be the one earning more, she'll see reasons not to accept and accommodate her husband's siblings. That's when she'll remember marital quadratic and differential equation, integration, permutations, combinations and all kinds of selfish-induced calculations. Why? Because they are naturally selfish.

I just hope your sister's husband will deal with you for being stupid enough to intervene on how he runs his marital affair. If he was very rich, you'll be worshiping him and looking for favors, but you now feel the need to be foolish by intervening in his marital choice of bringing his sibling in his home.

Would you have frowned if he had wanted to bring your own sibling home?

Don't you have sense? Don't you know your boundry?

chai, your blood too hot, madam!

While I agree with what you said, you could have said it in a better or more tactful way.

@OP, your sister has been blessed by God with every good gift, money and a large heart. your concern now is that she wants to help another family..
Hmm, this life still goes on fa, no one knows what tomorrow might bring.

Allow your sister to have peace in her family, pray that God blesses them more. Don't block someone's blessing.
Focus on your work/business, develop yourself, build your family, have peace.

God bless you as you do so!
Re: Is It Right? by Wittyglam(f): 11:20am On Nov 23, 2020
I always say this don't start what you can't finish. According to the bible a woman is a help mate, of the husband lost is job and she is happening out it's a different story but she already showed him she is capable of running everything in the home.
You don't have a right to go over there to talk to the husband let your sister do the talking. They should have a level of understanding. You're a third party, when she is tired instead of talking to you she will talk to him.
Re: Is It Right? by Karleb(m): 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
When you get your own husband you will understand your sister's quietness.
Re: Is It Right? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2020
valdovas:
My younger sister got a job in a multinational company since before marriage, her husband works as a seller of a certain foreign product but since he started he has been barely mking money, my sister pays rent and kids school fees and buys food while he spends his money mainly on marketing his product. we all tried to help him and get a job in a company and as a lecturer but he refused saying he is used to business and does not want to work under anyone.
So my sister has been the financial back bone of the family for a while.

Her husband now wants to bring in a family from the village that has been having financial problems since their father lost his job in a construction company when covid 19 started and want to stay with them while the man looks for a job in the city

My sister will basically be the one feeding this man and his wife and child.

I feel as if her husband is taking advantage of her ,he can work hard and be a better provider but he insists on doing his meager business that hardly fetches anything.

My sister is very soft spoken and does not like acrimony so I guess that is why he acts like he is not supposed to be the provider, not just that but now he wants to bring in extra mouth to feed when the woman was already stretched to her limit in handling responsibilities that are her husband's.

I plan to intervene and talk her husband out of bringing in another person to the house.
The dude is insecure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum / Is 6months Enough? / Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.