Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

ASUU – Alot Of Nigerian Students Expresses Dismay Over The Unending Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU – Alot Of Nigerian Students Expresses Dismay Over The Unending Strike (327 Views)

Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. / How To Know If A Woman Has Slept With Alot Of Men / ASUU Unending Strike Action. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU – Alot Of Nigerian Students Expresses Dismay Over The Unending Strike by queenamawo: 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2020
Nigerian students that have been calm for good 8months, are now expressing their dismay towards the Federal Government and ASUU, in an interview with queenamawo.ng

The Federal Government and Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) have failed woefully in the leadership of the Nation especially in the aspect of Education, neglecting what an middle/lower family level, with the exception of high class level, are passing through in the country, As a result of their silence.

We all know that ASUU are fighting for their agreement with FG, but fail to look upon the students, and what they are going through, It is so disheartening that it started as a joke and is not longer funny.

The bad news is that the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), says there is no hope currently that the strike is ending soon as the Federal Government is not willing to show commitment and has directed its members to seek alternative means of survival.

Students can no longer keep calm as it is , few from the interview as follows;

Edward Jesse Mafang

As a student I feel so bad when ever I heard of ASUU strike, the effect cannot be over emphasize, it has made me lost interest in Nigerian Educational System, not just me but I know of parent and student who also lost interest in the System, for those who can afford to study outside the country have started making moves towards it, some that are soon to be parents have vowed that their children will not school in this system.
Some parents who has provided food for their children on campus has to go through the stress of re-providing, as most student have consumed their resources, while some other perishables will perish as a result of the extension.

Joseph Mshelia

So many damages, my house rent is due without me enjoying the semester in it.

My Properties had being stolen from the room because no one stays there again, the strike has done more damages to me staying off campus than on campus.

Peace Stephen

Within the period of the strike my room in school was broken, everything was stolen, mattress, reading table, chair, cooking gas, pots and plates, and the likes.
As if that is not bad enough, my house rent has also gone to waste.

Muttaka Idris Abasha

There will be an issue with Landlords, of different compound, the rent paid was not utilized.
I paid my rent 85k the next day ASUU went on two weeks warning strike, I travelled with the hope of coming back after two weeks and boom! Corona, now we’re still home.

Read More;
https://queenamawo.ng/nigerian-students-expresses-dismay-towards-the-unending-strike/

Lalasticlala

Mynd44

Seun

Re: ASUU – Alot Of Nigerian Students Expresses Dismay Over The Unending Strike by Ahappy: 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
it's okay.

1 Like

Re: ASUU – Alot Of Nigerian Students Expresses Dismay Over The Unending Strike by Honduras01: 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2020
grin

that is Nigeria for u

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Only One Percent (1%) Succeed In Life? / UNN Announces Date For Her 2020/2021 Post UTME Screening Examination / Do Your Daily BRAIN Workout With These Great LOGIC PUZZLES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.