Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building (46138 Views)

Deeper Life Church Building Collapses In Lagos, Worshippers Injured / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Queseda: 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2020
And this hypocrits from the east will abuse the north when we build mosque. Beautiful church with hate filled worshipers

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by jacoik(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2020
bonnyhope:

You were never a Catholic Stop deceiving yourself
because he raised a valid point?

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Mrchiblinks(m): 12:18pm On Nov 20, 2020
tunapawizzy:
very beautiful church...i hope all the members of that church have decent shelter over their heads or at least beautiful meals before they go to bed
will u keep kwayet of u don't know what to say! No go hustle dey find who go put roof above ur head! Mtcheew.... little wonder ur president called u a "Lazy Youth"
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
Odidigboigbo:
shut up, when Solomon build a temple (with Gold) for God, were all Israelites employed? When did it become the periority of the church to provide employment for the citizens?
I think you should shut up instead. Hope you know Nigeria is the poverty capital of the World? And, who told you the church has no role to play in employments?

Not saying building churches for worship is bad, but the case here seems like a competition lately, from Paul Eneche to David Ibiyeomi and now this.

Does erecting magnificent church structures with hungry worshippers make any sense to you?
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Bliss85: 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
Na Church and mosque we Sabi build in this part of the world, with billions being spent at times while institutions that can absorbed graduates are most times neglected.
Imagine how unemployment would have reduced if industries are springing up @ the level mosques and churches are.
Even with the ever increasing places of worship being built naija keeps getting dirty... Such a pity

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Exmilitant(m): 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:
Very beautiful ..but will definitely be filled with images,..that is my problem.

I am a born Catholic but stop attending when I got tired of battling with my conscience wether prostrating Infront of those images is right or wrong, and praying to Mary was one other doctrine I could not understand...but I am still in love with Catholic hymns so much..in fact I listen to hymns almost every night while I sleep off...

God bless the Pope and give him the wisdom to reduce those images and also abolish the prayer to Mary and other saints so that I can return back to my Catholic..
praying to Mary is praying to my Goddess Isis. Now whats wrong with a little hail Ishtar/Mary?

2 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Bliss85: 12:29pm On Nov 20, 2020
Princedapace:
Big religious centre but no global standard hospital.

When these people fall sick, these same governor will fly to oyibo countries where the leaders and citizens didn't invest heavily building religious centers. He won't run to this church to treat him self o.

U know, west Africa will be investing on useless things like building big big religious houses, BBN, and still be praying to God for development. Mad people, mad continent, crazy leaders and followers.
Seconded. U just nailed it

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Soldiercole(m): 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:
Very beautiful ..but will definitely be filled with images,..that is my problem.

I am a born Catholic but stop attending when I got tired of battling with my conscience wether prostrating Infront of those images is right or wrong, and praying to Mary was one other doctrine I could not understand...but I am still in love with Catholic hymns so much..in fact I listen to hymns almost every night while I sleep off...

God bless the Pope and give him the wisdom to reduce those images and also abolish the prayer to Mary and other saints so that I can return back to my Catholic..
So funny u are, those images and praying through the intercession of the mother of Jesus is not a sin, we are not praying but invoking them to beg the lord on our behalf.Images also help simplefy the gospel to the illiterates especially the aged,the rosary is a summary of the bible for those that cannot read to atlest pray with.
So I ought you bro,to come back and really learn and understand this good doctrine,for there is no how any sincere practicing catholic will miss heaven for the gospel is been made easy for us to understand and follow the part ways to heaven and spend eternity therein.

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by juman(m): 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2020
Africans and our religious craziness.
Yet we can't build a single sensible country.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by SmartPolician: 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

I have a friend who had the same struggle for years. She started praying that she wanted Mary to appear to her to prove that she was real. She became a member of Scripture Union when she couldn't live with the issue of Mary. She was born a Catholic.

This girl said this prayer for nearly a year without a sign. One day, she was on her way to the market. Mother Mary appeared in the cloud close to her. The babe nearly fainted. She had her halo on with the chaplet hanging over her clipped fists.

The girl fell down and started praising her.
At some point, she ran to bring her siblings to see Mother Mary with her. Upon getting to that same place, she has disappeared.

Today, that girl has sworn that she would die in the Catholic Church.

My brother, I didn't make this story up. It happened in Emene, Enugu.

Heavily bodies are no magic; God is real.

If you can ask a friend to pray for you, why can't you ask Mother Mary?

2 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Olume0702(m): 12:35pm On Nov 20, 2020
Congratulations to the people of Nsukka , this will provide job opportunities to the youth of the community grin
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by simplesearch: 12:35pm On Nov 20, 2020
Mrchiblinks:
we don't worship Mary but honor her as the mother of our lord and savior Jesus Christ! Even the angel Gabriel acknowledged her as the queen of heaven when he said to her "Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus" I think u should look for angel Gabriel and ask him why he greeted her in such a way! I honor Mary I don't worship her, get that into ur head.

If its a matter of honor alone, then whats the necessity of erecting an image to project such practices!
Moreover if you are acquainted with the history of Catholicism you would agree with me that image worship began at some point.
Do you also know that according to catholic doctrine Mary did not die a natural death but was taken to heaven just like Jesus Christ, may be this erroneous belief is the key factor behind this idolatrous practice of worshiping her image. If you count this to be wrong kindly send a rebuttal with evidence of what it is and who you think is wrong doctrinally between the church in Jerusalem under the Apostles of Christ and Rome under the papacy.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Twoclans(f): 12:35pm On Nov 20, 2020
I actually saw this cathedral while under construction back then .

I enjoyed university days. cheesy
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by SocialJustice: 12:36pm On Nov 20, 2020
They won't dedicate factory that can provide 10,000 good paying jobs.

Only religion and foolishness thrives in Africa.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by NSK4U(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2020
God bless the new cathedral

God bless everyone who has invested in this mighty project

God bless alaIgbo niile.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by hotseat: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
Building of churches worthy of God's worship is important.

However, God is more interested in those who will worship Him in spirit and truth.

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by cooooooks(m): 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
Nigeria o. Education, we don't have, food, mba, housing, for where but CHURCH, we full ground!!

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by uniquetechng: 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

You were never a Catholic else you would have known that catholic don't pray to Mary neither do they worship her but seek her maternal intercession . Remember the wedding where Christ performed his first miracle, they didn't approach him directly but approached Mary instead to intercede on their behalf.
In Luke 1: 46-56, and Malachi 3:12 Mary said all the nations, from generations to generations shall call me BLESSED.

Funny thing is that people bow to their fake pastors and call them daddy ,worship their pastors' wives but abuse those who honour the woman who made our salvation possible, the most sacred woman in the bible .

3 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by annyz: 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
Pilate2016:
Nsukka Dedicates One Of The Biggest And Most Beautiful Cathedral In West Africa

The Catholic Church in Nsukka, Enugu State celebrated her 30th anniversary and equally dedicated a beautiful edifice to be a place of worship to God.

A church should not be rated by the building architecture but the people.

Hope God is there.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by AreaFada2: 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2020
otokx:
Nigerians and big church buildings.
And Chinese are making 6G stuff, going to space and we dey beg them for loan and engineers to do our railway.
People will attempt the mega churches and later kidnap, Rob and do money ritual.

9ja Na funny place o. angry grin cheesy
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by freshMallam1122: 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

yet still ,dose this stop nsukka people from being wicked...they are they most wicked an dangerous people in Igbo land.. betrayal an witchcraft an juju top thier list of menus
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by lextube: 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

Keep your stupid opinion to yourself. You lack knowledge about the Catholic Church doctrines.

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by SmartPolician: 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
HITsquad:
Igbo and christianity can never be separated! Just try and imagine Igbo man as a muslim, your brain will hurt a little... I have tried it... Just try it and give me feedback.

Who asked you?
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Chris2863(m): 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
dawnomike:
Nice parish building
You seem pained
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by sixtus3606(m): 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
...and we still dey import toothpick and matches. Chai!
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Taylordedon(m): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2020
Meaningless building
Wasted resources
House of deceit
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by dawnomike(m): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2020
Chris2863:

You seem pained
I guess you are not a Catholic... You would have understood my comment better. Smile
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by ojmartins(m): 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

then u will never come back to the catholic church...since Jesus honor Mary who are u to reverse it
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by edoairways: 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2020
Mrchiblinks:
we don't worship Mary but honor her as the mother of our lord and savior Jesus Christ! Even the angel Gabriel acknowledged her as the queen of heaven when he said to her "Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus" I think u should look for angel Gabriel and ask him why he greeted her in such a way! I honor Mary I don't worship her, get that into ur head.
Angel Gabriel acknowledge Mary saying those words because she was highlighly favoured by God. However many Catholic faithful pray to her to intercede on their behalf
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by simplesearch: 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
Soldiercole:
So funny u are, those images and praying through the intercession of the mother of Jesus is not a sin, we are not praying but invoking them to beg the lord on our behalf.Images also help simplefy the gospel to the illiterates especially the aged,the rosary is a summary of the bible for those that cannot read to atlest pray with.
So I ought you bro,to come back and really learn and understand this good doctrine,for there is no how any sincere practicing catholic will miss heaven for the gospel is been made easy for us to understand and follow the part ways to heaven and spend eternity therein.

This are all doctrines of men based on assumption and presumption. How do you invoke the name of Mary when the bible said there is only one God and one mediator between God and man who is the Lord Jesus Christ himself. This implies that Between God and Jesus, no intermediary, and between the human race and Jesus no intermediary. Only Jesus died for the sin of mankind and it is by this blood he makes propitiation/intercession for the human race, for without shedding of blood there is no remission of sin. Mary did not die for the human race and therefore not qualified to intercede for the human race in any capacity, Mary was a sinner who found grace in God's sight, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; Mary inclusive, and the word of God cannot be broken. Moreover there is no name given to men by which we can be saved except the name of Jesus, so of what relevance is the name of Mary in all of this. Mary was a vessel like Elizabeth and none of them are to be worshiped or honored in any form. God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the three personalty deserving of our worship in heaven and on earth for they existed from the very beginning and all things were made by them, none else even Angels are deserving of our worship.
As for the Angel greetings it was a normal greeting devoid of any worship, God has to prepare her mind towards what was about to be done through her which many of her contemporary were well aware of and for which they all kept themselves, she's just a normal young lady preparing to settle down and if not because it was God's appointed time she would have done so and no longer qualified. In-fact to be married as a non-virgin in Israel in those days was a serious offense that attracts capital punishment if reported by the groom. Also consider the line of the greetings, that says blessed are you among women, she's just one among the many women who are blessed, the Angel did not say, you are the most blessed among women or blessed are you above all women. So to cap it all, the felicitation was that of preparation towards fulfilling the assignment about to be given her by God and her reward is that right now she's in heaven not at the right hand of the throne on of God on high reserved for Christ the only intercessor for mankind.

2 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Hindex: 1:13pm On Nov 20, 2020
BabaJoe001:

Then am sorry to say you really dont know what Catholic Doctrine means. Did you attend the Cathesism Classes? were you a Communicant? the church never said we should be worshipping images. we only worship God. its a normal thing for you to bow down for Mary. its a sign of respect not worship. dont you postrate for your elders at home? dont you bow for your fellow being? so what so spectacular if you bow for Mary? we believe mary interceed for us . But we don't worship mary and other Saints. we only honour them. am disapointed you were once a Catholic. if you had studied the doctrine well, you wouldn't be so Gullible to be going to other Denomination. its your cup if tea anyways.I am Proudly Catholic.
Sorry to say. But the other persons you are comparing with are living persons, not images.
Secondly, the Bible says Christ is interceding for us already.

Romans 8:34
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Why bow/pray to Mary for intercession again. Isn't Christ enough? And shouldn't Christ be man's only legitimate approach to God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye At Glory Dome For Dunamis' 25th Anniversary (photos/video) / 'A Pregnant Married Woman Accused Biodun Fatoyinbo Of Rape'' - Adesuwa Onyenokwe / Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.