Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building (46137 Views)

Deeper Life Church Building Collapses In Lagos, Worshippers Injured / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Gabbriell: 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
Soldiercole:
So funny u are, those images and praying through the intercession of the mother of Jesus is not a sin , we are not praying but invoking them to beg the lord on our behalf.Images also help simplefy the gospel to the illiterates especially the aged,the rosary is a summary of the bible for those that cannot read to atlest pray with.
So I ought you bro,to come back and really learn and understand this good doctrine, for there is no how any sincere practicing catholic will miss heaven for the gospel is been made easy for us to understand and follow the part ways to heaven and spend eternity therein.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The dead can not intercede for you. Prayer of intersections are to be made through Christ. Main reason most of your Catholic prayers end in the words "through Christ out Lord".

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

Any doctrine that is not in accordance with the word of God is not from God.

It's a shame that most Catholic people don't read the bible. They rather read prayer pamphlets written by their saints. If your knowledge of the word of God is poor, you will have no defence when you are being told/read sonthing wrong.

Abeg I don't have the power to argue...the bible is your friend read it. If you challenge my comment by quoting me make sure your challenge is backed up by the bible..by quoting the bible verse in full.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by boscolly(m): 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2020
fellow Catholic brethrens, let's not argue when defending the faith... just say your mind and what he Church teaches, and like our language, "we move"
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
otokx:
Nigerians and big church buildings.

Exactly nothing is wrong with having a befitting building of worship. Nothing at all.
The same Nigerians have massive buildings for nightclubs, beer parlours and joints / brothels springing up everywhere. No one complains.
Even where the guys are breaking beer bottles, they still patronize their pet vices. The ones who drink, still drink. The ones who commit adultery still do.
When the church does anything, it becomes a problem with many people.
It's a constitutional right.
Deal with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Bryan88(m): 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:
Very beautiful ..but will definitely be filled with images,..that is my problem.

I am a born Catholic but stop attending when I got tired of battling with my conscience wether prostrating Infront of those images is right or wrong, and praying to Mary was one other doctrine I could not understand...but I am still in love with Catholic hymns so much..in fact I listen to hymns almost every night while I sleep off...

God bless the Pope and give him the wisdom to reduce those images and also abolish the prayer to Mary and other saints so that I can return back to my Catholic..
ur opinion.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Sulogy2255: 1:28pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:
Very beautiful ..but will definitely be filled with images,..that is my problem.

I am a born Catholic but stop attending when I got tired of battling with my conscience wether prostrating Infront of those images is right or wrong, and praying to Mary was one other doctrine I could not understand...but I am still in love with Catholic hymns so much..in fact I listen to hymns almost every night while I sleep off...

God bless the Pope and give him the wisdom to reduce those images and also abolish the prayer to Mary and other saints so that I can return back to my Catholic..
n praying to Mary is the most beautiful thing I love in the catholic church if not I would have stop going to church since
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by tete7000(m): 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

And I am a catholic who don't see why I should leave this church for any other place. Different strokes for different people. You have left the church, enjoy your peace.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2020
boscolly:
fellow Catholic brethrens, let's not argue when defending the faith... just say your mind and what he Church teaches, and like our language, "we move"

There is no salvation to be found in ANY denomination. Salvation is personal. The member of the most holiness preaching denomination who does not settle the issue of believing PERSONALLY in Christ Jesus for the salvation of their soul will end up in hell.
That being said, we all should be reoriented towards what the Bible teaches.
To be frank, the entire Christendom is moving toward the preferences of their leaders and sidelining the Bible, OR picking what to obey and what to discard. This can't take us anywhere.
Sin is sin. Even if your Pope or general overseer condones it (publicly or secretly).
God is a personal God. Christianity is a relationship between man and God to the intent of establishing the rule (kingdom) of God wherever we find ourselves.

Our deviation from the above fundamental principle is responsible for the poor example manifested by many people who claim to be Christians today.

2 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by cdcd76: 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

Very good, I see you in the right path soon. Welcome to the world of Islamic ideology. esheee.....
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by busomma: 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2020
Does this bring any new developments nor solve the problems of unemployment, bandits, kidnapping, poverty, corruption etc etc, of not. Religion have destroyed Nigeria. We've been praying since independence & instead of progressing , we're retrogressing.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by 8stargeneral: 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2020
Was there live yesterday very beautiful
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by atakamus: 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2020
Post a photo of yourself. We might see that you are wearing a necklace that the image of your Pastor or General overseer. You wear it for protection. Confusion.
You no dey eat snake meet but you de drink the pepper soup. Abeg go and sit down.

Ever8090:

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by simplesearch: 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
ojmartins:
then u will never come back to the catholic church...since Jesus honor Mary who are u to reverse it

Interesting. Can you pls show me a verse in the scripture where Jesus honored Mary distinctively other than normal parental respect, or commanded believers to erect an image for her mother so as to enliven or perpetuate such practice? I'm waiting for your reply!
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by mysteryman2014: 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

Mehn you can't change the institution make peace with ur God and worship according to the dictates of the truth espoused in God's word the Bible.

Shalom
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Emeka71(m): 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2020
Pilate2016:
More
Beautiful cathedral.

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by yawehoverall: 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ozmar:
Oga, don't try to sugar-coat anything. The bible says "Do not make an image of anything in heaven and do not now down before them" . Meaning, I can bow before an oba cause he's not an image of anything in heaven, rather, bowing down to an image of Jesus is a sin.

Read your bible with understanding. I'm equally Catholic but my spirit doesn't agree with such things.

As in eh, am equally a Catholic, that part gives me concern. But I just select what I want and pray to God.. then Pentecostal, you won't hear balanced message, prosperity prosperity in most churches now.. bottom line, know the bible and know God for yourself, and follow your heart. That's the Golden rule am following
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Tiheanacho(m): 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2020
When are we gonna wise up? So much unemployment in the land and they are building churches instead of industries.may God help us.
INDUSTRIES NOT CHURCHES.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by simplesearch: 2:29pm On Nov 20, 2020
atakamus:
Post a photo of yourself. We might see that you are wearing a necklace that the image of your Pastor or General overseer. You wear it for protection. Confusion.
You no dey eat snake meet but you de drink the pepper soup. Abeg go and sit down.

Don't take this personal my brother. Even Martin Luther was a devoted catholic priest in his days under the prestigious Augustine order but without Christ. Not belittling the Church, but you see Roman Catholicism as presently constituted worldwide is the embodiment or symbol of a rigorous religious devotion and observance without Christ. If you want religion in all its shades and forms and struggle to please God by good works and human effort, look no further than to Roman Catholicism and Islam. But if you want salvation from sin by the merit of Christ alone, and justification by faith through his blood then look at Jesus alone like Martin Luther did.
One doesn't need to leave a church or jettison everything about it to serve God sincerely, Just as martin Luther found the truth and went ahead to feed his own congregation with the undiluted word of God without leaving the church before he was ex-communicated by the pope and later outlawed by the emperor.
Not everything about roman catholic is bad which is even impossible, but the grave error in it's doctrine are capable of sending any soul to hell. In the days of Martin Luther the error that trigger the reformation was Popes endorsement of the sales of indulgence to catholic faithfuls in Germany for quick passage of the souls of their dead loved ones in purgatory, which has no basis in the scripture but propagated by the then Pope. Hope you can see through the lens with this?

Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Heb 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by uracefriend(m): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

Not every hymn there can edify you. Be sensitive too
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2020
Baybii:
Beautiful building! But they're getting it all wrong. Religion should not be about glamorous churches, expensive jets and cars nor pristine suits, it should be about getting more souls closer to our Creator. Hopefully this won't be like others, but that would be me wishing too much.

Check siggy wink
Very correct.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Ever8090: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
cdcd76:

Very good, I see you in the right path soon. Welcome to the world of Islamic ideology. esheee.....
God forbid
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Ever8090: 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2020
lextube:

Keep your stupid opinion to yourself. You lack knowledge about the Catholic Church doctrines.
and one of the knowledge of the Catholic church is to insult people abi?
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by toneroin1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2020
U too much

Pilate2016:

And Solomon made images of the Cherubim for the church in Jerusalem. Is the Bible now contradictory?
Brother, you don't interpret the Bible literally and many laws giving in the old testament were for a reason.
If we are to go literally, we are all guilt cos you too have your image somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by KosiGee(m): 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2020
There’s nothing beautiful about this building. It’s an architectural blunder.

If you want to see a beautiful church building, google the Quo Iboe church. There was a thread about the church here on Nairaland.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by mmyfarmsltd(m): 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
Nice
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Coolcalmcollect(m): 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:
but the Bible said we should not carve any image not to talk of bowing to it...
But you now to suck prick or pussvy
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by mmyfarmsltd(m): 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
Why are you trying to attract an argument? Nobody said anything about images in the cathedral except the beautiful structure.
Its uncalled for.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Jakama90(m): 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

You do not know or understand the doctrine of the Catholic church. You are a Sunday Sunday medicine. I have tried so many churches, even the so called Morden churches but still went back to Catholic. I have not seen any church that can pull me out of the Catholic church.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by cdcd76: 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:
God forbid

...but you think in the right path, you need to believe this, straight path you are.

I testify there is none worthy of worship except Allah, the creator of heaven and earth.

I testify Mohammed is a messenger and prophet of Allah.

I testify MOSES (AS), JESUS (AS), are messengers and prophets of Allah.

these are the basic things you need to pronounce and believe same.

Do away with any fear grab the true religion of Allah.

Esheeee ' Ooo
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by CoolAmbience(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2020
Pilate2016:

I believe you should rather try to study more on the church doctrines than just trying to condemn them via lack of proper knowledge.
Bowing down to someone or something doesn't automatically means you are worshipping them else those bowing to the Obas, Igwes, the National Assembly Maze, etc are guilty. Thanks

Exactly.

Just like refusing to recite the national anthem for one religious reason.

I think what we are witnessing is a glut of doctrines.

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Freebills12: 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
Ever8090:

IF YOU HAVE BIBLE PLEASE READ LUKE 1:26 TILL END AND JOHN 2.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Volcano12(f): 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2020
The name of God and Catholic Church has come to say.Haters can go to hell
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Freebills12: 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
edoairways:

Most Catholics worship Mary
NO THEY DON'T WORSHIP HER BUT THEY HONOUR HER AS MOTHER OF GOD. HAVE YOU EVER IMAGINE WHAT GIVEN BIRTH TO GOD MEANS? JUST LIKE LUKE 1:26-28 GREETED HER AS FULL OF GRACE AND IN THE SAME LUKE 1:48 MADE IT CLEAR THAT ALL GENERATION WILL HER MARY BLESSED, THE CATHOLICS WILL ALWAYS OBEY THIS MANDATE. IT IS ALL LEFT YOU TO DECIDE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye At Glory Dome For Dunamis' 25th Anniversary (photos/video) / 'A Pregnant Married Woman Accused Biodun Fatoyinbo Of Rape'' - Adesuwa Onyenokwe / Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.