Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr (37815 Views)

Okocha Reacts To Super Eagles 3 - 2 Win Over Cameroon / Nigerians Want Amunike To Take Over From Gernot Rohr Now / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by greall12(m): 6:36am On Nov 20, 2020
Abeg remove oliseh from the list.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Dannydaking007(m): 6:37am On Nov 20, 2020
Why exactly do we want Gernot Rohr replaced?
Just an honest question. Why should the coaches always receive the hammer even when the players were told the right things and do the wrong?
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by rossniti: 6:38am On Nov 20, 2020
SmartPolician:
Hervé Renard has a good reputation for coaching African national teams

Nigeria should give him a shot

I hear that players rarely respect Nigerian coaches because unlike foreign coaches in Nigeria, Nigerian coaches are paid peanuts

And so your solution to that is to not employ Nigerian coaches?

Mosquito brain.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by zuchyblink(m): 6:40am On Nov 20, 2020
Sunday oliseh will come and divide the team with his loquacious nature and unguided utterances
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by rossniti: 6:40am On Nov 20, 2020
Dannydaking007:
Why exactly do we want Gernot Rohr replaced?
Just an honest question. Why should the coaches always receive the hammer even when the players were told the right things and do the wrong?

ROHR IS USELESS AND IS NOT A WINNER.

It is his JOB to produce a winning team, REMEMBER?

It is the reason we are paying him millions per month, REMEMBER?

If in your job you don't deliver what you are hired and paid to do, you get the sack, DON'T YOU?

Mumu people talking rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by adioolayi(m): 6:52am On Nov 20, 2020
I will wait till AFCON finishes....Rohr should continue.

Somehow, he has a young team and knows how to scout for young players. I still believe his team is growing...They need more time. I will wait till AFCON

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by GOFRONT(m): 6:52am On Nov 20, 2020
Nobody can coach those super chickens ..

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by donbrowser(m): 6:53am On Nov 20, 2020
rossniti:

You mean the worst?

That's more like it.

Maybe he's the best match selling coach.

Someone better investigate that guy, and his possible connections to betting syndicates.

His decisions in games are very dodgy and suspicious.

Which Nigerian coach will ever bench Iheanacho?
Our coaches in the past will take bribes to play you. Rohr has proven beyond doubt that you need to be active at your club before you can find a place in the super eagles. He doesn't care where you are playing so far you are enjoying active play which is best for our football and will create competition for positions.
How come you people quickly forgot we qualified for the world cup and nations cup for the first time without calculations and dependence on other teams. He also took the eagles to the semi final of the nation's cup.

Come on. This guy wants the best hands and nothing but that.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Bawofss(m): 6:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Rohr is d best coach Nigeria has had in d last decade.....let just be patient with him.....Musa, Onachu and some dead players must coming to d national team.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by yahmohy27: 6:53am On Nov 20, 2020
kranka12:
I chose Renard
Which one be Renard again, please we don't want anybody that his name sounds like this again as a coach. Want a familiar name. All these names that sound like foreign names are not favorable
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by elyte89: 7:01am On Nov 20, 2020
If NFF want a low budget white coach with balls, dey should go for dt Madagascar coach,dupuis or any decent indigenous coach like amunike or sia 1 cool
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by GoshenNLA(m): 7:05am On Nov 20, 2020
As for me, continue with Rohr,
Don’t destabilize the team now, we at a crucial stage, after qualifying, heads can roll
In another news.....
Kindly check my signature for high quality jerseys for major clubs and country #StrictlyOriginal
#iSELL #iBRAND

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Khahidmorgan24(m): 7:06am On Nov 20, 2020
They should employ d three of them

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by elyte89: 7:07am On Nov 20, 2020
donbrowser:

Which Nigerian coach will ever bench Iheanacho?
Our coaches in the past will take bribes to play you. Rohr has proven beyond doubt that you need to be active at your club before you can find a place in the super eagles. He doesn't care where you are playing so far you are enjoying active play which is best for our football and will create competition for positions.
How come you people quickly forgot we qualified for the world cup and nations cup for the first time without calculations and dependence on other teams. He also took the eagles to the semi final of the nation's cup.

Come on. This guy wants the best hands and nothing but that.

All dis was achieved b4 wout rohr..so does dt mean we shld stick to mediocrity when it's glaring to everyone dt he has reached his peak with eagles...d best rohr can achieve with d eagles is to repeat d same cycle of achievement of a 3rd place in afcon and 1st round exit @ d world cup..but if we feel dis team can achieve more Dan dt,den tactically, rohr is not d answer.period cool
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by SenatorMark(m): 7:07am On Nov 20, 2020
I think Harve' Renard is good. That guy has a tactical experience and a powerful motivation like the current Liverpool coach, Clopp. He has African game experience and I think he is a French man with European experience too. Give him a chance. Emmanuel Amunike is also good with vast tactical experience both as a player and as a coach. Either of the two can serve. But you see that Sunday Oliseh. Hmm we should not make that mistake and bring him back to super eagle as a coach. Whenever I see him, I see danger.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Tapout(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2020
the coach o, the staff, the medical team, the players and those who still watch Nigerian matches are insane. I stopped watching anything concerning Nigerian football after our defeat to Argentina in the last world cup.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Ubdavis(m): 7:11am On Nov 20, 2020
I almost took the info seriously, but the moment I saw Sunday Olise, the thing just off me.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by gentleguy1975: 7:16am On Nov 20, 2020
Takwas!I prefer Chiegozie Agbim or Finidi George

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by enemyofprogress: 7:22am On Nov 20, 2020
They should go for Onigbinde. He is the only one that can win the World Cup for Nigeria
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by bolabadmus38: 7:31am On Nov 20, 2020
Oliseh is good but may not tolerate the imposition of players and the corrupt system.This guy should be considered again,though very blunt which the NFF may not want. He's better than some of the second hand foreign coaches. Let's promote our own. Local contents should be encouraged.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Ballack1(m): 7:31am On Nov 20, 2020
Non
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by adecz: 7:32am On Nov 20, 2020
Amaju Pinik was on TV yesterday
saying that it will be difficult to send
Rohr packing because of his contract terms.

He further stated that Fifa may sanction
Nigeria if Rohr is removed.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Austin4Jesus(m): 7:32am On Nov 20, 2020
We need National cleansing in this country, apparently everything is wrong, even football. Imagine Sierra Leone scoring 4 goals on our soil.. smh.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by zone51: 7:34am On Nov 20, 2020
Sunday Oliseh?....Not again
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by lastchild: 7:36am On Nov 20, 2020
rossniti:
For me, AMUNIKE. Definitely.

He is highly qualified, with all the right coaching badges, and was a top top player in his time, plying his trade with the likes of Sporting Lisbon and Barcelona, and voted African Footballer of the Year, 1994.

Only injury sustained in that Nigeria v Italy game in the 1994 World Cup cut short his career.

Although he went on to win Olympic gold with the Dream Team in Atlanta 96, I don't think he ever fully recovered from that Italy game, where he and Daniel 'The Bull' Amokachi were deliberately taken out by the Italians.

If that hadn't happened, the Super Eagles would have reached the final of that World Cup.

They were that good.

'Ammunition' knows football inside out, and deserves a chance at managing the team he served so well in his prime.

I honestly have no idea how we have people like him in Nigeria, with such vast world experience and knowledge of the game, yet we have Gernot Rohr as national team coach.

oga, being a good footballer is different from being a good coach
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by adecz: 7:37am On Nov 20, 2020

I suspect that these guys are sharing from
Rohrs salary.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by wink2015(m): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2020
IT IS NOT THE PROBLEM OF THE COACH.

Nigerian players ( local and International ) are not good.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by crazysam001: 7:40am On Nov 20, 2020
parkervero:
The man should be replaced with someone that can perform better.

I think Sunday oliseh has learnt his lesson over the years. He should be given the job to proof he can deliver.

God forbid
We havent recovered from the destruction he superintended over as manager
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by ajimotoke(m): 7:42am On Nov 20, 2020
Let's try Amuneke, Oliseh is good but lacks human management
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by majormofor(m): 7:44am On Nov 20, 2020
robosky02:
The super eagles of Nigeria no doubt is one of the power house of African football with great exploits and talented players over the years.
But with the result so far this year the team looks a shadow of itself.

In fact throughout this calendar year 2020 the team has not won a single game. Both in competitive and friendly matches. The worse been the unacceptable 4-4 drew with Sierra Leone a team ranked 120 in the world.

And when a team is not performing in spite of the abundance of talents at its disposal. Then the coach needs to be changed since.

Therefore Gernot Rohr who has served as the second longest coach in Nigeria is yet to maintain a first eleven in more than two games
And worse of, the technical blunders the team makes in critical games is unpardonable.

Yes the argument for Rohr has been he lead us to a 3rd place finish at AFCON and qualified us for world cup. But that's in the past. And that feat has been also achieved by our local coaches. In fact Stephen Keshi exceeded that feat.. He won us the AFCON and even took us the world cup with a commendable performance. Yet when he couldn't performed again he was excused..

So why not if Four has reached his peak. Only one option is left..... Allow him use the exit door.

And the next question is who takes over after Rohr that will be tactically sound enough to lead this team to glory.

Three names comes to mind

Emmanuel Amunike

Sunday Oliseh

Hervé Renard

So guys who should take over as Super Eagles coach.

By : Robosky02

where the Bleep is Jay Jay Okocha!!!
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by babsthegreat: 7:45am On Nov 20, 2020
Here Renard
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by wink2015(m): 7:46am On Nov 20, 2020
adecz:

I suspect that these guys are sharing from
Rohrs salary.

Amaju Pinick is not a Saint.

He will get his own cut form Rohr salary.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club / Fury calls Joshua a coward for failing to meet 5pm deadline. Fight called off / African Referees Selected For FIFA 2022 World Cup In Qatar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.