Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr (37813 Views)

Okocha Reacts To Super Eagles 3 - 2 Win Over Cameroon / Nigerians Want Amunike To Take Over From Gernot Rohr Now / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by kzubyar(m): 7:50am On Nov 20, 2020
Gullah:
All of them are good. They are all better than Rohr
make we try home based coach
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Dearlord(m): 7:51am On Nov 20, 2020
Why can't they give the job to me and should not pay me till I carry the World Cup .
They keep giving the job to the people without the passion no understand the game
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 7:52am On Nov 20, 2020
mrkings84:
for now i dont think there is anyone who is not better than Rohr

Let's try Yakubu Ayebeni

You want us to miss world cup abi

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Realhommie(m): 7:55am On Nov 20, 2020
DeRay98:

Enemies of progress who have no idea how coaches are treated by the nff, just typing poo.
Tell me how many coaches have succeeded like Stephen Keshi as a player and coach? How many players and coaches have made sacrifices for Nigeria like Keshi did?
When you have no idea how difficult it is to work for NFF, you should be quiet.
Talking about Rohr, before he came 4yrs ago, S.Eagles have not qualified for the 2 consecutive afcon, every afcon and World Cup qualifiers forces everyone to resort calculation and permutation after every match but all that have stopped. He has quantified for every tournament with a game or 2 to spare but because the team drew from 4.0 up to 4.4 all una mouth dey drive rough....
Ungrateful people...
That was a mistake from the dude, he intended to say"Sunday Oliseh" and not Stephen Keshi. You could tell from his narration.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by mechanics(m): 7:56am On Nov 20, 2020
What happened to Sunday Oliseh that he couldn't perform when he was giving the job then? To me we need fresh hands.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Btaipei(m): 7:56am On Nov 20, 2020
Renard its the best man for the job,prove that he knows african football inside out
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Realhommie(m): 7:57am On Nov 20, 2020
Focusmind:
Pochettino, the former Tottenham coach, is still without job. They should get across to him.
Lol, and where NFF go see the money pay am?
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Blakpot: 7:57am On Nov 20, 2020
Navalsadiq:
We don't need a person like Stephen keshi.

He is rude proud and arrogant.he was given that

opportunity before.i think they should go for

Emmanuel amunike.

Its like ur highness from yesterday never fade out
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Godson32(m): 8:03am On Nov 20, 2020
Sunday Oliseh will come and be quarelling with everybody
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by namo77: 8:06am On Nov 20, 2020
Renard for me.... But can he speak English?

If he can communicate clearly with the players and management, then he's perfect choice.

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Realhommie(m): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2020
Walelavender:
Hervé Renard, the French tactician is the most qualified. Very experienced with African national teams. Plays possession and attacking football.What does Rohr play sef ??. Won the cup of nations with two different national teams-Zambia and Ivory Coast. No other manager has done that.

We should be going for achievers who have done it before. Who will be respected by the 'big boys'

Forget Oliseh, he has short fuse. He wont handle the dressing room. His ego is a disadvantage. He was given the opportunity, what did he do with it. Called us names :-

Amunike on the other side is a fine coach, only for age grade national team. He still needs more exposure. Can't forget in a hurry what he did with the Tanzanian national team, during the last AFCON. He also surrendered a 3-0 lead to Kenya and couldn't take the team out of the group stage. Experience!

This is not the time to gamble. For me, we should go for Renard.
Hahahaha, the short fuse term there really cracked me up. He's somewhat unstable like our very own "Mr Short Fuse" cheesy cheesy..

I quite agree with your submission, I'd go for a Herve' Renard too. This isn't the time to gamble hence Amunike should be out of it. No doubt he's a good coach, especially with our junior teams but he doesn't have the requisite experience to handle the senior national team. He didn't do too well with the Taifa stars even though he qualified them for the AFCON.

Herve' Renard it is for me.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Banter1(m): 8:15am On Nov 20, 2020
robosky02:
The super eagles of Nigeria no doubt is one of the power house of African football with great exploits and talented players over the years.
But with the result so far this year the team looks a shadow of itself.

In fact throughout this calendar year 2020 the team has not won a single game. Both in competitive and friendly matches. The worse been the unacceptable 4-4 drew with Sierra Leone a team ranked 120 in the world.

And when a team is not performing in spite of the abundance of talents at its disposal. Then the coach needs to be changed since.

Therefore Gernot Rohr who has served as the second longest coach in Nigeria is yet to maintain a first eleven in more than two games
And worse of, the technical blunders the team makes in critical games is unpardonable.

Yes the argument for Rohr has been he lead us to a 3rd place finish at AFCON and qualified us for world cup. But that's in the past. And that feat has been also achieved by our local coaches. In fact Stephen Keshi exceeded that feat.. He won us the AFCON and even took us the world cup with a commendable performance. Yet when he couldn't performed again he was excused..

So why not if Four has reached his peak. Only one option is left..... Allow him use the exit door.

And the next question is who takes over after Rohr that will be tactically sound enough to lead this team to glory.

Three names comes to mind

Emmanuel Amunike

Sunday Oliseh

Hervé Renard

So guys who should take over as Super Eagles coach.

By : Robosky02
1. Hervé Renard 2. Hervé Renard 3. Hervé Renard
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by sammugbes(m): 8:17am On Nov 20, 2020
[quote author=Navalsadiq post=96234300]We don't need a person like Stephen keshi.

He is rude proud and arrogant.he was given that

opportunity before.i think they should go for

Emmanuel amunike
Did u smoke weed this early morn or high on drugz? U messed up big time, tueeehhhhh
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Angelfrost(m): 8:19am On Nov 20, 2020
What kinda Nigerian wants a poor African version of Olé (Oliseh)?!!...

If not that I'm tired of foreign coaches with their excesses, I would say go for the former Ivorian Coach (Renard), guy has quality.

Well, I believe Amunike can get to the root issue of non performance of this team, maybe even blood in the best from the national league.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Kendyrich: 8:21am On Nov 20, 2020
We need to stop worshipping political parties and start judging people for who they are ,irrespective of their political parties, religion, tribe,colour,height,size,etc.

MOLOTOVcockTAIL:

SECONDED!!!!

And UMARU UMAHI too for 2023. PDP and Wike for DUSTBIN
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by segun18(m): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2020
Would our boys and supporters respect a local coach? I know our people well. After losing one match the next thing you will hear is '' give us a foreign coach
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Omoobaigwe2sure(m): 8:35am On Nov 20, 2020
Give us "finito" Finidi George. his d most fitted for d job.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by donbrowser(m): 8:40am On Nov 20, 2020
elyte89:

All dis was achieved b4 wout rohr..so does dt mean we shld stick to mediocrity when it's glaring to everyone dt he has reached his peak with eagles...d best rohr can achieve with d eagles is to repeat d same cycle of achievement of a 3rd place in afcon and 1st round exit @ d world cup..but if we feel dis team can achieve more Dan dt,den tactically, rohr is not d answer.period cool
What was achieved before Rohr please
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Keleyors(m): 8:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Sunday Oliseh is a No No for me. He contributed to the problem of our soccer National Team.
Bring Amunike or Ndubuisi Egbo. These are the right Nigerian coaches that will tinker our Eagles to greatness.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by VillageHead: 9:06am On Nov 20, 2020
e don dey clear for una eyes say dis oyibo no go take us anywhere ( I no talk say hin no sabi coaching o), una yab me say wetin a villager like me sabi!

make I no talk too much!

make una just give the job to our son Amuneke; hin go deliver!
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Dreambeat: 9:12am On Nov 20, 2020
Please remove the pathetic arrogant Oliseh from the list
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Layographics(m): 9:18am On Nov 20, 2020
Please let's Go for Frank lampard
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by do4luv14(m): 9:32am On Nov 20, 2020
Clueless NO, Vindicative NO, slowpoke, Maybe

DarkJeddi:
Remove Oliseh out of that list.. The man is an insult to the term 'good Coaches'. Clueless,Vindictive Mor0n..
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by DarkJeddi(m): 9:37am On Nov 20, 2020
do4luv14:
Clueless NO, Vindicative NO, slowpoke, Maybe

Anybody that treated Enyeama the way Oliseh did is a highly Vindictive individual..
Clueless?
What EXACTLY have Oliseh ever done as a Coach? shocked
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by optimusprime2(m): 9:47am On Nov 20, 2020
My problem with Herve Renard is he will waste time to start building the team again...
We need someone who can work with what's on ground...
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by do4luv14(m): 9:50am On Nov 20, 2020
I did rather call it Arrogance and Hot Temperament,

He had Acheive a good lot, in his short club management, it was his Arrogance that cost him his club job,

but he perform admirable well

DarkJeddi:
Anybody that treated Enyeama the way Oliseh did is a highly Vindictive individual..
Clueless?
What EXACTLY have Oliseh ever done as a Coach? shocked
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by BabaO2: 10:09am On Nov 20, 2020
vanderwaal404:
To me, I prefer Renard.

He understands
African football. shocked
Nothing like that man, he's always going for good African teams. Oliseh is the coach we need, but unfortunately I doubt he will want to come back
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 10:09am On Nov 20, 2020
Oliseh had a great impact during his time with the West Africans as a player and was part of the side that won the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations.

In 2015, he was appointed as coach of the Super Eagles taking over from another former international Stephen Keshi, who guided the side to clinch the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

Oliseh, however, endured a torrid time while in charge of the West Africans and complained of poor treatment from his employers, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The former Super Eagles captain has recalled the events that led him to quit his role as manager of the side in 2016.

"I loved working with the boys, I love coaching my country, but the atmosphere around it was no longer healthy.

“I didn’t want the job anymore. Health-wise I was not feeling too good; secondly, we were owed salaries. I was spending money on my health and on my team. I just couldn’t die on the job.

“Truth is, we have a foreign coach now and from what I heard and know, he is being paid four times the wages Stephen Keshi and I were paid and these are two players who won trophies for Nigeria.

“I’ve never heard Gernot Rohr complain about wages. Keshi, while he was coaching, was always complaining, when I was coaching for four months, I was unpaid, for six months my assistants were unpaid, so I had to leave the job; we were also being frustrated.”

The former Super Eagles captain also highlighted some of the lofty plans he had for the three-time African champions before he left the side after 14 games with only two losses.

“I had good plans for the team. You will notice that at a time I brought in [Wilfred] Ndidi, Alex Iwobi, Kelechi Iheanacho, young players who are dominating now," he continued.

"I brought in a world-class goalkeeper [Carl Ikeme] because I felt the old breed were ready to leave.

“The same philosophy I used while with the Eagles was the same philosophy France used at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

“Sometimes you ask yourself questions about Nigeria. You won laurels for the country as a player, you’re doing well as a coach, you were about qualifying for the World Cup and you’re unpaid for four months.”

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2020
If Only we can give our Nigerian born coaches the SAME support and free hand why wouldn't they parform wonders...

After all if you look at the CV of Sunday Oliseh and Emma Amunike you will NEVER consider Genet ROhr on merit

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by xest(m): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2020
Renard Herve is the best option.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2020
But clearly Emmanuel Amunike is the brightest home breed to take over

Check it out

1. Has coached Nigerian team to win the age grade excellently

2. Coached a National team to AFCON.. A feat they have last had 30 years ago

3 he has coached at club level in Africa

4 a member of the FIFA technical team very sound in reading a match

This is not a foreigner.... He is our own. Are so blind that we can recognize our own with world class quality? Most nations are turning to their ex players.... Must Nigeria be racists to our own

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by salvation77177: 10:31am On Nov 20, 2020
Oliseh again after the first trial. I am not actually condemning him but Oliseh has a problem of human management and we know about this. No coach, no matter how talented can succeed if he has noticeable attitudinal deficiency. For Oliseh to be engaged again, he needs to undergo a comprehensive course on human resources management. No sentiment, Nigeria interest should come first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club / Fury calls Joshua a coward for failing to meet 5pm deadline. Fight called off / African Referees Selected For FIFA 2022 World Cup In Qatar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.