Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,833 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr (37822 Views)

Okocha Reacts To Super Eagles 3 - 2 Win Over Cameroon / Nigerians Want Amunike To Take Over From Gernot Rohr Now / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Reference(m): 10:34am On Nov 20, 2020
The solution is simple. Call all the shortlisted coaches. Pay their flight and boarding. Give them each an NPFL top team and let them play a round robin tournament under the keen eye of the Technical Department. Whoever wins the mini tournament gets the job.

Our national team job is too important for oral interviews, baloney claims and backyard dealings. Prove your worth on the field over the course of a few weeks and let us all decide 'how far'.

That is how I run my business to get the best hands. I am not interested in your paper. I put you in a life fire scenario and observe performance. Whoever comes out unscathed gets it, period.

If we had done so we will have seen the ridiculous on field shortcomings of this Rohr before saying 'I do'.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by LordOfTheGame: 10:37am On Nov 20, 2020
Gernot Rohr abi Raw Groundnut should go back to wherever he came from. He's not doing well at all. Olisa should pls take over again.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 10:39am On Nov 20, 2020
Reference:
The solution is simple. Call all the shortlisted coaches. Pay their flight and boarding. Give them each an NPFL top team and let them play a round robin tournament under the keen eye of the [b]Technical Department. [/b]Whoever wins the mini tourbament gets the job.

Our national team job is too important for oral interviews, baloney claims and backyard dealings. Prove your worth on the field over the course of a few weeks and let us all decide 'how far'.

That is how I run my business to get the best hands. I am not interested in your paper. I put you in a life fire scenario and observe performance. Whoever comes out unscathed gets it, period.

If we had done so we will have seen the ridiculous on field shortcomings of this Rohr before saying 'I do'.

Do we have technical team?
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by bleskid: 10:41am On Nov 20, 2020
we are done with you ,,, leave before we vext
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by EleventhWeirdo: 10:45am On Nov 20, 2020
I will suggest the NFF hires Amunike as Head Coach and Ndubuisi Egbo, the Nigerian Coach who won Albanian League, as his Deputy. The combination of both will do wonders as they both understand the grassroot rudiments of Nigerian football and also have international tactical experiences.

Let's promote good local content too, and stop giving our hard earned dollars to some random foreign opportunists.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Reference(m): 10:47am On Nov 20, 2020
robosky02:

Do we have technical team?

They claim they have. If they don't they can ask FIFA for help. FIFA has outstanding affiliates and technical advisers in a variety of disciplines from tournament organisation, hosting to technical assistance in umpiring and coaching.

They havr helped us in the past, in the kate eighties or early nineties if memory serves me right. They are always keen to help developing countries improve the game. We only have to be professional about it and sincere.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Buffalo2(m): 10:49am On Nov 20, 2020
Sonoyom:
The job should be given to Oliseh so that confusion will return to the team since our sports administrators no get sense.
grin
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by LZAA: 10:55am On Nov 20, 2020
robosky02:
The super eagles of Nigeria no doubt is one of the power house of African football with great exploits and talented players over the years.
But with the result so far this year the team looks a shadow of itself.

In fact throughout this calendar year 2020 the team has not won a single game. Both in competitive and friendly matches. The worse been the unacceptable 4-4 drew with Sierra Leone a team ranked 120 in the world.

And when a team is not performing in spite of the abundance of talents at its disposal. Then the coach needs to be changed since.

Therefore Gernot Rohr who has served as the second longest coach in Nigeria is yet to maintain a first eleven in more than two games
And worse of, the technical blunders the team makes in critical games is unpardonable.

Yes the argument for Rohr has been he lead us to a 3rd place finish at AFCON and qualified us for world cup. But that's in the past. And that feat has been also achieved by our local coaches. In fact Stephen Keshi exceeded that feat.. He won us the AFCON and even took us the world cup with a commendable performance. Yet when he couldn't performed again he was excused..

So why not if Four has reached his peak. Only one option is left..... Allow him use the exit door.

And the next question is who takes over after Rohr that will be tactically sound enough to lead this team to glory.

Three names comes to mind

Emmanuel Amunike

Sunday Oliseh

Hervé Renard

So guys who should take over as Super Eagles coach.

By : Robosky02
Oliseh ke?
That one no sabi work and is full of himself
If we can get wim jonk e go make sense
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by okhaiii(m): 10:58am On Nov 20, 2020
All this naija coaches go use bribe spoil our football with who know man and collecting money from local boys. Renard will be OK.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:46am On Nov 20, 2020
Gadaluck:

Oliseh would make a good coach. With him there'd be good work ethics by the players and super star attitude will not be tolerated. He served well in the Dream Team era plus he's very knowledgeable about the game. The team needs a firm and no nonsense coach. If not him then Amunike should take the job....

you seem to forget history so soon how this man spoilt the super eagles which led to the exit or force retirements of emenike, onazi , Mikel Obi and off Course enyeama

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by slemzy07: 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2020
Have we ever considered hiring Mike Emenalo, part of the Super Eagles class of 94 where Oliseh, Amuneke and Late keshi played and also former Technical director of both Chelsea FC and AS Monaco?.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by wayodude(m): 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
On what basis has Oliseh made it to that list? For me Oliseh, Siasia, Eguavon should not be considered for the job again.

If I was a decision makes in the NFF I would not object to inviting Renard and Amunike for interviews. I will also consider Frank Rijkaard if he wants a route back into football. If he does he may be cheap.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2020
Emmanuel Amunike for the job asap!!
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by fayomim: 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2020
Three goats.. wetin concern me

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2020
slemzy07:

Have we ever considered hiring Mike Emenalo, part of the Super Eagles class of 94 where Oliseh, Amuneke and Late keshi played and also former Technical director of both Chelsea FC and AS Monaco?.

Technical director is different from coaching....
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by KNGMufasa: 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2020
rossniti:
For me, AMUNIKE. Definitely.

He is highly qualified, with all the right coaching badges, and was a top top player in his time, plying his trade with the likes of Sporting Lisbon and Barcelona, and voted African Footballer of the Year, 1994.

Only injury sustained in that Nigeria v Italy game in the 1994 World Cup cut short his career.

Although he went on to win Olympic gold with the Dream Team in Atlanta 96, I don't think he ever fully recovered from that Italy game, where he and Daniel 'The Bull' Amokachi were deliberately taken out by the Italians.

If that hadn't happened, the Super Eagles would have reached the final of that World Cup.

They were that good.

'Ammunition' knows football inside out, and deserves a chance at managing the team he served so well in his prime.

I honestly have no idea how we have people like him in Nigeria, with such vast world experience and knowledge of the game, yet we have Gernot Rohr as national team coach.

Not all top notch players make great coaches. As in the case of Thierry Henry

What is Amunike’s coaching experience?
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 20, 2020
[quote author=rossniti post=96232304].
For me, AMUNIKE. Definitely.

He is highly qualified, with all the right coaching badges, and was a top top player in his time, plying his trade with the likes of Sporting Lisbon and Barcelona, and voted African Footballer of the Year, 1994.

Only injury sustained in that Nigeria v Italy game in the 1994 World Cup cut short his career.

Although he went on to win Olympic gold with the Dream Team in Atlanta 96, I don't think he ever fully recovered from that Italy game, where he and Daniel 'The Bull' Amokachi were deliberately taken out by the Italians.

If that hadn't happened, the Super Eagles would have reached the final of that World Cup.

They were that good.

'Ammunition' knows football inside out, and deserves a chance at managing the team he served so well in his prime.

I honestly have no idea how we have people like him in Nigeria, with such vast world experience and knowledge of the game, yet we have Gernot Rohr as national team coach.
[b]
PEOPLE THAT ARE COLLECTING REBATE FROM RORH'S SALARY WILL NOT WANT THE STATUS QUO TO BE ALTERED.
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by drivedaves: 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2020
cheesy

Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by Sleekfingers: 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2020
They should give Amunike a chance...since people are clamouring for a nigerian coach........

Nigerian coaches has proven that they can do better than their foreign counterpacts over the years. A perfect example is late steven keshi.........but the problem most of our nigerian coaches encounter is way too much....they are not allowed to choose players of their choice, too much politics, low payments compare to a foreign coach etc......

...but to be sincere, i prefer Renard....
Re: Super Eagles: 3 Coaches Nigerians Want To Take Over From Gernot Rohr by slemzy07: 12:23am On Dec 13, 2020
robosky02:

Technical director is different from coaching....

It goes either way. Many great footballers who have gone on to coach at club or national team level have also been technical directors of football. Eguavoen who is the current technical director of football in the football federation was once a national team coach. Even amuneke been touted was offered the job of technical director but had to reject it because of contractual agreement in Egypt. There are also examples outside the shores of this country who had been either coaches or technical directors and were once great footballers in their time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kyril Louis-Dreyfus To Buy Sunderland Football Club / African Referees Selected For FIFA 2022 World Cup In Qatar. / George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.