Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions (54084 Views)

Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? / USSD Transactions: Banks Forced Us To Charge Customers—mtn Nigeria / Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by ignis: 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
Buhari has broken record for the dumbest president.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by IJOBA2: 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
angry
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by seunlayi(m): 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
Look
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Zino1011(m): 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
Globad:

How is the country wicked for this?

Shouldn't a dud cheque or a failed transaction come with charges or a penalty? What of the charges incurred by those two processed it? Who will pay?

If you don't have enough balance in your account, don't issue a standing order or direct debit, or cancel the one you have issued.

It is irresponsible to issue or sustain a direct debit on unfunded accounts. It's also criminal if it's for a service that you have already enjoyed.

On this one, I don't see why Nigeria is a wicked country as you have said unless you're willing to educate me on it.
he did not read it through.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by fergie001: 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
Make I protect my "kolo" abeg.
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Onlinesmart: 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
Emefiele is a wicked bastard.

1 Like

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Sarmiz24(m): 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Globad:

Shouldn't a dud cheque or a failed transaction come with charges or a penalty? What of the charges incurred by those two processed it? Who will pay?

If you don't have enough balance in your account, don't issue a standing order or direct debit, or cancel the one you have issued.

It is irresponsible to issue or sustain a direct debit on unfunded accounts. It's also criminal if it's for a service that you have already enjoyed.

On this one, I don't see why Nigeria is a wicked country as you have said unless you're willing to educate me on it.
What of failed transaction due to banks technical issue?? Don’t try to sound wise and end up being the fool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
I will close my Account angry

1 Like

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Lucas4903: 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
It is thesame in Canada. Be sure u have money in your account before any transaction. If it fails. You will be penalized $45CAD. For me this move isnt strange. But to be candid na who no get money suppose they fear this move or how this move affect Iya Ebuka for market or Iya Ikimot. Even Bala wey dey sell groundnut will not bulge about this. But for the banked population we sure know the rules. If u agree to have a transaction done through the banks, then be sure u have money to pull it through.
#JustMyThoughts.

3 Likes

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
Globad:

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. When transactions fail as a result of failure of Banks, do they (the banks) pay the clients a fine for those? So someone tries to fund his account (on which the Direct Debit has been placed) and that fails ultimately resulting in failure of the Direct Debit who will be fined?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Tonyspecial(m): 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
Best country ever
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by COdeGenesis: 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
The truth is that the owners of the banks are Government officials and CBN guys. So they will always bring up crazy policy that will serve their interest in the bank. So they get richer and the poor customers get poorer

3 Likes

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2020
Madness
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by viqSmallz(m): 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
Globad:

You are looking at it from the perspective of a cheque being dud. What if a standing order is based on the salary and salary doesnt come on the supposed day? As you know even govt at times owe salaries..

9 Likes

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Emperor4tune(m): 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
in one line of short sentence "it is finish"
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Okortor: 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
Seconded. Good move..don't quote me if you don't understand d consequences of failed transactions. Even as a bank staff, u dare not let ur cheque bounce..it's a criminal offense especially customers that applies for a loan den give out a signed n undated cheque knowing fully well that they will default or probably cause the loan to be in PAR.
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by livinbygrace: 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
I noticed that this afternoon.i transfer dome money from my atm to another bank and to my surprised i was debited with extra charges .Whats wrong on with this people

1 Like

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by tyup(m): 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2020
Karlovich:
grin grin grin, From all of us at vulturebbqgrills Deadvulturebbqgrills we thank you our darling daddy for the extreme wickedness you have bestowed on your adopted country. Everything has been turned upside down since you assumed the rigged position, the hardship is immense and affecting every single sector and they are emulating your wickedness and heartless character. Happy birthday to Goodluck Jonathan, may your days be long

Fixed cool

3 Likes

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by iLegendd(m): 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2020
There they go again.
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Olarewaju89: 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2020
Raydos:
LOL i know this will deteriorate to this level, I literally stopped using Bank Last Month, I withdrew all my money!!

What prompted me to this, is because last month, I had no money in my account, So I saved up #2,000, and to my greatest surprise I received credit alert which says, "#1,950 has been deposited to your account, #50 was deducted!!!! I was like WTF??

A couple of days later, I went to withdraw #1000, and then again, #50 was deducted from my account, So this people literally bill me for every transaction I make!!

What kind of exploitation is that?? This country Is so fùçkēd up, Since Crude oil is becoming worthless now, Government are looking for ways to Exploit the citizens by all means to further continue their Looting!!

I will rather buy a piggy bank and saved up my money in there!!

Will you keep quiet �. Fool

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by dele1727: 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2020
it is now wicked Government or wicked country

People will conveniently forget that its Emefiele that is CBN governor

Let it be that federal road is bad.....
Fashola will be the culprit

Nigerians and hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by emmabosco: 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2020
That means they will start to make transactions to fail so that they will chop free money

3 Likes

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Donspicey: 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2020
Been long i saw ILOVEDEMMANNA abi he don commit succide

Anyhow e be we go survive.....
3 more years to go.....
Bmc over to you........

2 Likes

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by RealDD: 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2020
May God bless Carbon for me, for as long as I can still fund my ‘one finance(Carbon)account and start transferring to any bank account at N0 charges. To hell with the rest of them.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Xzellentgraphic: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2020
Its well
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Perfecttouchade: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ghenghen Ghen ghen ghen, ti ghen ghen ti ghen grin (smalldoctor)
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Onnasucs1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2020
Life is hard but these people are trying to make it harder.

Imagine this. How does a failed transaction affect a bank? Does CBN charge them if my transaction fails? These people are going mad
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by frankson1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2020
ignis:
Buhari has broken record for the dumbest president.

Why can't you people just take a few more minutes to read and digest before committing kiss
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Okuda(m): 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2020
Globad:

oga nobody dey talk about dud check. failed transaction when money no dey. which kine wickedness be that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World / Items You Feel Embarrassed About When Buying. Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.