Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions (54142 Views)

Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? / USSD Transactions: Banks Forced Us To Charge Customers—mtn Nigeria / Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by jacoik(m): 9:54am On Nov 21, 2020
Globad:

How is the country wicked for this?

Shouldn't a dud cheque or a failed transaction come with charges or a penalty? What of the charges incurred by those two processed it? Who will pay?

If you don't have enough balance in your account, don't issue a standing order or direct debit, or cancel the one you have issued.

It is irresponsible to issue or sustain a direct debit on unfunded accounts. It's also criminal if it's for a service that you have already enjoyed.

On this one, I don't see why Nigeria is a wicked country as you have said unless you're willing to educate me on it.
I stand with this bro. I think CBN did well on this

2 Likes

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Alezy(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2020
khia:

Hi my darling. kiss
how are you khia, long time
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Kraytur: 10:46am On Nov 21, 2020
Globad:

This is about the longest sentence I've seen with the poorest punctuation.

Dey there Dey find punctuation

Ode grin
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 21, 2020
techmo:
Wicked Country

I tell You grin

My country is already sold to the Devil with a single horn lipsrsealed
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Globad(f): 11:45am On Nov 21, 2020
Kraytur:

Dey there Dey find punctuation

Ode grin

You're a crude being without an iota of class. Next to a beast in terms of good breeding.
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Yoighaman(m): 1:19pm On Nov 21, 2020
techmo:
Wicked Country

How is it a wicked country?

Why should you instruct a bank to debit an account periodically and fail to fund the account as and when due.

Folks like you are the wicked persons here.

Just saying....no insults.

Thanks.
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Mryacks: 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2020
Globad:

How is the country wicked for this?

Shouldn't a dud cheque or a failed transaction come with charges or a penalty? What of the charges incurred by those two processed it? Who will pay?

If you don't have enough balance in your account, don't issue a standing order or direct debit, or cancel the one you have issued.

It is irresponsible to issue or sustain a direct debit on unfunded accounts. It's also criminal if it's for a service that you have already enjoyed.

On this one, I don't see why Nigeria is a wicked country as you have said unless you're willing to educate me on it.

Exactly....it just like issuing a dud cheque but electronically and wqe your know that issuing dud cheques has legal consequences.
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Kraytur: 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2020
Globad:

You're a crude being without an iota of class. Next to a beast in terms of good breeding.

How do you feel after writing this trash com poet

What if I can’t read naso you for waste speech grin

Wayray
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Globad(f): 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2020
Kraytur:

How do you feel after writing this trash com poet

What if I can’t read naso you for waste speech grin

Wayray

Tina is wayray and ode.
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by intruder15(m): 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2020
Nemere2020:

https://peoplesgazette.com/just-in-nigerian-banks-begin-charging-customers-for-failed-transactions/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Why will somebody tell the bank to send money to someone one a specific date without having intentions of funding the account on that date? The subject of this write-up is misleading. Trust nairalanders, they won't read the content before spilling trash.

"Direct debit is a standing order initiated by an account holder that enables the bank to debit a specified amount from the customer’s account at an agreed date".

Anybody that don't honour his vow by funding his account as agreed deserves a penalty.
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Kraytur: 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2020
Globad:

Tina is wayray and ode.

Sandi ahhh oloshi grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Kraytur: 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2020
jacoik:
I stand with this bro. I think CBN did well on this

She’sa woman and she’s American
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Globad(f): 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2020
Kraytur:

Sandi ahhh oloshi grin grin grin grin grin grin

Tina, 50, is oloshi
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Kraytur: 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2020
Globad:

Tina, 50, is oloshi

So you’ve left the United States as a white person to come disguise as a black Nigerian and deliberating on Nigerian issues

Wow you’re welcome �
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Globad(f): 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
Kraytur:

So you’ve left the United States as a white person to come disguise as a black Nigerian and deliberating on Nigerian issues

Wow you’re welcome �

Be careful online. Stop insulting those you don't even know. That person you're calling wayray or oloshi might be your mother's ex.

Ask Tina. She will tell you.

Don't go and insult your father's age mate.
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Kraytur: 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
Globad:

Be careful online. Stop insulting those you don't even know. That person you're calling wayray or oloshi might be your mother's ex.

Now that you’ve won my attention will you tell me who you are now?
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Kraytur: 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2020
Globad:

Mothers ex fathers age mate

Nigga why you rambling na who da fuk are you Ogbeni
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Willie007: 7:44pm On Nov 21, 2020
Pls how can I open a foreign bank account or an offshore account from 9ja... I'm tired of my money in naira becoming worthless with every passing day
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by khia: 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2020
Alezy:
how are you khia, long time

I'm doing great, how about you? Are businesses still shut down in Nigeria? They opened back up here but now they are talking about shutting down again because of a.new outburst of the virus that is worse than it was in the beginning. It's airborne now, so they say.
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Alezy(m): 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2020
khia:

I'm doing great, how about you? Are businesses still shut down in Nigeria? They opened back up here but now they are talking about shutting down again because of a.new outburst of the virus that is worse than it was in the beginning. It's airborne now, so they say.
wow, airborne? Thats not true my dear. Don't be scared but be careful. Business are all open here now and everything is just fine.

I hear UK is on lockdown ATM. A friend of mine said it more serious now.
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by khia: 9:43pm On Nov 21, 2020
Alezy:
wow, airborne? Thats not true my dear. Don't be scared but be careful. Business are all open here now and everything is just fine.

I hear UK is on lockdown ATM. A friend of mine said it more serious now.
I don't know what to think, they are broadcasting it on all of the news channels that it's airborne. You take care of yourself, you are always in my prayers.

1 Like

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Bigcowhorn: 11:26pm On Nov 21, 2020
khia:

I don't know what to think, they are broadcasting it on all of the news channels that it's airborne. You take care of yourself, you are always in my prayers.

You pray? Who to?
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by khia: 11:49pm On Nov 21, 2020
Bigcowhorn:

You pray? Who to?
Yes, I pray to the ALMIGHTY YAH.

How have you been, where have you been? wink
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Bigcowhorn: 1:48am On Nov 22, 2020
khia:

Yes, I pray to the ALMIGHTY YAH.

How have you been, where have you been? wink

I'm ok. Just busy with work. This pandemic may have been a disaster for some but it's a blessing for me. The work just keeps coming.

You say you pray to YAH. Ain't he the same as God?
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by khia: 4:46am On Nov 22, 2020
Bigcowhorn:

I'm ok. Just busy with work. This pandemic may have been a disaster for some but it's a blessing for me. The work just keeps coming.

You say you pray to YAH. Ain't he the same as God?

What kind of work are you doing that would turn a disaster into a blessing? It's good to be busy and productive tho.

There are several entities that people call their Gods but I pray to the One and only true God which is YAH.

I'm glad you're doing well, I kinda miss playing the dozens with you. grin
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Bigcowhorn: 11:32am On Nov 22, 2020
khia:

What kind of work are you doing that would turn a disaster into a blessing? It's good to be busy and productive tho.

Forex and cryptocurrency

There are several entities that people call their Gods but I pray to the One and only true God which is YAH.

I'm glad you're doing well, I kinda miss playing the dozens with you. grin

Shut up, babe!
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by khia: 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
Bigcowhorn:

Forex and cryptocurrency

Shut up, babe!

Make me. tongue

1 Like

Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Istan2020: 10:50pm On Nov 29, 2020
brain54:

na you my brother.
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by Istan2020: 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2020
PrudencyFeats:
What about when you get a transfer from someone and you confirmed from screenshot that it was sent

Due to network issue, you tried using the ATM amd it have not reflected... Who pays for such charges?

E be like say this government want another round of protest for irrelevant charges.
Kindly reply your mail boss
Re: Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions by PrudencyFeats: 6:35am On Nov 30, 2020
Istan2020:

Kindly reply your mail boss

Ok. Good morning

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Today's Naira Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro / Coca-cola Mini Depot / How Much Is Cooking Gas In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.