Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Believing In Christ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believing In Christ! (111 Views)

Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand / "Why I Stopped Believing In God" Ex Presbyterian Pastor Michal Pleban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Believing In Christ! by Wisdomjames007: 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2020
Are you a believer, if yes then what do you believe in? is a question I was once asked by a stranger on the road; well I told him yes I am, then he asked what I believed in, I mean at first he sounded weird but I said "JESUS" then he smiled and said just that? then I said yes that also he died on the cross, on the third day he resurrected and he ascended into heaven.
He told me that, "that is far from the truth" and in that case, I am deceiving myself. I even went ahead and told him that I am born again and I was baptized, he smiled once again and asked me which church am I attending? I told him "the church of Christ".

Well, he told that all those doesn't make me a born again, either a believer in Christ, in my mind I was like what's this man even saying self, not until he sat me down and told me the things I never even thought possible, well to answer the questions he told me the elements of being a full believer in Christ: the first was belive that what Christ came for, WISH IS TO DIE
secondly the purpose of what he came for, FOR OUR SINS ( That is the sin of Nature)
on the third day, he rose again, and that he was seen by people. 1st Corinthians 15:1-6
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

Source;[url=https://myschoolblog.com.ng/]
Re: Believing In Christ! by foreverme1225: 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2020
i don't know what i believe in any more . i believe whatever we do has some consequences.

(1) (Reply)

Today's Devotionals For Christians - MONDAY 23RD NOVEMBER 2020 / Pastor Sean Pinder Morning Prayer November 24 2020 / Power For A New Beginning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.