Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra (49089 Views)

Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex Design for 50x100ft / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2020
keemzy1:
Good evening bro, guess work is going smoothly.
At the bolded below. Does it mean there are 2 different staircases?

Yes, there are 2 separate staircases.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2020
We continued the filling of this foundation with imported soil today.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
More laterite sand coming in today...........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2020
Filling the foundation......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by InvertedHammer: 5:47am On Dec 09, 2020
spyder880:
All glory, all honour and all adoration be given unto our Lord God .

To HIS glory, we have agreed on terms to construct a 5 bedroom duplex for a Nairalander, and a friend of mine. The details of the project are as follows;

Project: Construction of a 5 bedroom duplex
Client: A Nairalander
Duration: 120 days
Budget: Naira 15.850 m (construction stage only, from the foundation till the roofing is completed only)

We appreciate you our friends and readers for your continued support and encouragement, because of you, we can always aspire to do more. Thank you all.
/
Congratulations!

This house design dey one kind.

Or is it my eyes?

/

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:52am On Dec 09, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Congratulations!

This house design dey one kind.

Or is it my eyes?

/

Good morning Sir, please comment on the house design, what do you think should change because both me and the owner are not very satisfied with what the architect did here. My client has suggested adding another long window in the front right hand side, making it 2 windows, I agreed with the idea, we are going to reduce the width of the cantilevered balcony on the right, and maybe add to the other balcony at the front left.

I am also looking to change the look of this house to make it come alive more. Welcome Sir.

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by InvertedHammer: 7:04am On Dec 09, 2020
spyder880:

Good morning Sir, please comment on the house design, what do you think should change because both me and the owner are not very satisfied with what the architect did here. My client has suggested adding another long window in the front right hand side, making it 2 windows, I agreed with the idea, we are going to reduce the width of the cantilevered balcony on the right, and maybe add to the other balcony at the front left.

I am also looking to change the look of this house to make it come alive more. Welcome Sir.
/

It is bland and has the look of a warehouse than a contemporary residential house. More ventilation necessary. If I were to advise, I will stop work and give the original design back to Phildecasa or Sochdesign to modify. Not late at all. But that's just my opinion. It is not my wallet.

/

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:13am On Dec 09, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/

It is bland and has the look of a warehouse than a contemporary residential house. More ventilation necessary. If I were to advise, I will stop work and give the original design back to Phildecasa or Sochdesign to modify. Not late at all. But that's just my opinion. It is not my wallet.

/

Your advice is well noted, thanks. I will send the design to Phildecasa.

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:20am On Dec 11, 2020
We have almost filled this foundation completely..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:08am On Dec 11, 2020
Next, is the foundation wetting process.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:13am On Dec 11, 2020
Sinking in.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:19am On Dec 11, 2020
Sinking the loose soil with the aid of water.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:24am On Dec 11, 2020
The whole foundation..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:45am On Dec 13, 2020
Preparations for a concrete cast........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:48am On Dec 13, 2020
Concrete cast starts........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:52am On Dec 13, 2020
We are using a high quality of local stones we found in this community for this DPC cast......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by InvertedHammer: 5:06am On Dec 14, 2020
spyder880:
We are using a high quality of local stones we found in this community for this DPC cast......
/
Still going with the original exterior design?

Just curious.

\
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:33am On Dec 14, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Still going with the original exterior design?

Just curious.

\

No, I am working out a new look for the exterior of this building, and since the changes wont affect the floor layout, we are continuing with the DPC, then forming some of the walls. I have described my suggested changes to my client, and my architect is working right now on the 3d rendition of the new plan. I will share the picture here when it's ready.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by InvertedHammer: 6:45am On Dec 14, 2020
spyder880:

No, I am working out a new look for the exterior of this building, and since the changes wont affect the floor layout, we are continuing with the DPC, then forming some of the walls. I have described my suggested changes to my client, and my architect is working right now on the 3d rendition of the new plan. I will share the picture here when it's ready.
/
Awesome!

\

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by jabolo(m): 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2020
spyder880:

Someone said 'awesome'. I will add 'inspirational'.

This is how it should be done. I envy your client.

Good luck for the rest of the build.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2020
jabolo:

Someone said 'awesome'. I will add 'inspirational'.

This is how it should be done. I envy your client.

Good luck for the rest of the build.

Thank you Sir.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2020
Please, let's look at this frontal looks, which do you guys pick for this house, and why?

We are considering this one as replacement for the previous 3d look of the house. This one has a look of much bigger windows, a good balcony on the front and also an extra pillar in the front to balance the front.

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2020
Then I submitted the original building plans to Phildecasa designs, he worked on the looks of the house, modified a lot of things and came out with this look, the front balcony in the centre is hanging out in this plan, only the left front pillar will be retained.

@ invertedhammer
Jabolo

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
This was the old plan we are trying to change.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
We started forming the ground floor walls of this house today.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by PraisesGod: 7:08pm On Dec 15, 2020
spyder880:
Please, let's look at this frontal looks, which do you guys pick for this plan of house, and why?

We are considering this one as replacement for the precious 3d look of the house. This one has a look more bigger windows, a good balcony on the front and also an extra pillar in the front to balance the front.
I think this is better, thumbs up Sir!

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
PraisesGod:

I think this is better, thumbs up Sir!

I hope you are not neglecting the other one because it's not a finished work with paints, tiles and all? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
The house is starting to grow........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
Closer on the walls........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by kopell: 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2020
spyder880:
Please, let's look at this frontal looks, which do you guys pick for this plan of house, and why?

We are considering this one as replacement for the precious 3d look of the house. This one has a look more bigger windows, a good balcony on the front and also an extra pillar in the front to balance the front.
Oga spyder in my opinion, this first one looks better, it’s captured the beauty of the house.
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2020
kopell:
Oga spyder in my opinion, this first one looks better, it’s captured the beauty of the house.

Thank you Sir for your comments, but is this one not too plain and flat for beauty? The one my architect worked on had so many modern curves that can bring out the beauty of the front of a building.

I attached the plans showing the changes to the front (Phildecasa modifications) for more explanation.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by PraisesGod: 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2020
spyder880:

I hope you are not neglecting the other one because it's not a finished work with paints, tiles and all? cheesy
No, i have been following the constructive criticism and all and quite agree with the modifications, however the owner of the project has his reasons and final say at the end of the day. Kudos!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Man Laments After His Wife Sold His House For ₦10 Million & Absconded (Video) / How Many Bedroom Do You Think Lagos Landlord Will Get From This Kitchen? / Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.