Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra (48742 Views)

Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex Design for 50x100ft / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by InvertedHammer: 11:00pm On Dec 15, 2020
spyder880:
Then I submitted the original building plans to Phildecasa designs, he worked on the looks of the house, modified a lot of things and came out with this look, the front balcony in the centre is hanging out in this plan, only the left front pillar will be retained.

@ invertedhammer
Jabolo

/
Now this is more like it!

N15m well spent.

What is worth doing is worth doing well. Tell Phildecasa to keep my recommenation fees. grin

\

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by Phildecasa(m): 6:24am On Dec 16, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Now this is more like it!

N15m well spent.

What is worth doing is worth doing well. Tell Phildecasa to keep my recommenation fees. grin

\

Noted sir. Thanks for the recommendation.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by jabolo(m): 12:59pm On Dec 16, 2020
spyder880:

I hope you are not neglecting the other one because it's not a finished work with paints, tiles and all? cheesy

I think the clever Architect has simply introduce three symmetrical portions into the frontage, each with its own contemporary design cues. None dominates the other (eg, the expanded glass facade on the far right complements the bigger cantilevered balcony on the far left).

IMO, much more naturally eye-pleasing as a result. The previous design was a bit assymetric and you end up using more brain power to appreciate it, not that it was a terrible design.

Good luck and thanks for sharing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2020
jabolo:

I think the clever Architect has simply introduce three symmetrical portions into the frontage, each with its own contemporary design cues. None dominates the other (eg, the expanded glass facade on the far right complements the bigger cantilevered balcony on the far left).

IMO, much more naturally eye-pleasing as a result. The previous design was a bit assymetric and you end up using more brain power to appreciate it, not that it was a terrible design.

Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your contributions, you all were very helpful in forming the style of this frontal look.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2020
The developing changes in the front of this building.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2020
More of the front.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:20pm On Dec 18, 2020
Inside the main living room of this house.........

Third picture is the private lounge being completed.......

Fourth is the foyer, where a curling stair is being planned.......

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2020
More

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2020
I went to the Timber market, bought wood for the lintels of this ground floor.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by ricki: 3:52pm On Dec 18, 2020
spyder880:
We have completed the foundation blocks of this house.........

Please how much is the cost of the foundation??
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
Front of this house today......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2020
From above the main living room area

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2020
Inside the house........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:55am On Dec 24, 2020
More work is going on at this site today........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:59am On Dec 24, 2020
More......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:29pm On Dec 26, 2020
Let me first use this opportunity to thank all of my friends online, for all your support, suggestions and encouragement you have given to me on my projects over the years. May the good lord bless all of you, may your 2021 be much better than 2020.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your loved ones.

God bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2020
Work is still going on in this house. More pictures later.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
Contemporary look vs high roof, which do you prefer, and why?

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by Delpierro10: 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2021
I like d one on d fourth design better, bt Am not a fan of flat or high/sharp slope roof. If u can reduce d slope of d roof that will b excellent for me. Flat roof is a no no for me. I like ur work and d way u keep ur followers updated.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
Delpierro10:
I like d one on d fourth design better, bt Am not a fan of flat or high/sharp slope roof. If u can reduce d slope of d roof that will b excellent for me. Flat roof is a no no for me. I like ur work and d way u keep ur followers updated.

Thank you bro.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by true2home(m): 4:53am On Jan 03, 2021
Hello Boss,

I am a die hard flat roof advocate. In this application, i have to go with the High Roof; it compliments the design better.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by kopell: 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
spyder880:
Oga Spyder well done ooo, this is the first time I ever looked at flat roof design. I just hope the slope is little sloppy than that to the back for water to have better free flow. I've read many stories about the cost but it never impressed me even when people said it's a little more expensive. I just fell in love with this one for the first time. In my personal opinion, I vote for this design 100%. As far as the slope to the back is adjusted. I mean the first design.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
kopell:
Oga Spyder well done ooo, this is the first time I ever looked at flat roof design. I just hope the slope is little sloppy than that to the back for water to have better free flow. I've read many stories about the cost but it never impressed me even when people said it's a little more expensive. I just fell in love with this one for the first time. In my personal opinion, I vote for this design 100%. As far as the slope to the back is adjusted. I mean the first design.

Thank you Sir, your points are well noted. Happy new year.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by bosman50(m): 6:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
ricki:

Please how much is the cost of the foundation??
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2021
We plan to start the decking of this house by this week, more pictures when we start.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by Beframia: 6:13am On Jan 04, 2021
I would suggest that the client go for the contemporary flat roof considering the fact that the project is being handled by you, the issue of leakage or poor installation is almost completely ruled out. Although I've never been to the east but I always assume that most buildings in the east are "send-down-the-rain" roofs (the high roof) because that's what most of my Igbo friends call it here; I bet you that upon completion, the building will be a reference point for many other builders around the client's vicinity.

spyder880:

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by Xtopher123(m): 6:53am On Jan 04, 2021
spyder880:

Good morning Sir, please comment on the house design, what do you think should change because both me and the owner are not very satisfied with what the architect did here. My client has suggested adding another long window in the front right hand side, making it 2 windows, I agreed with the idea, we are going to reduce the width of the cantilevered balcony on the right, and maybe add to the other balcony at the front left.

I am also looking to change the look of this house to make it come alive more. Welcome Sir.

How about you contact the Architect who designed it to make changes?

What your changes have structural implications and it's also going to affect MEP?
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:50am On Jan 04, 2021
Xtopher123:

How about you contact the Architect who designed it to make changes?

What your changes have structural implications and it's also going to affect MEP?

The architect who designed it had already made changes as I understand from my client, and his second modification didn't address my clients concerns. However, my own architect has studied the plans and made his own additions.

The changes my architect made surely had structural implications, and we had to discontinue a column position and add another to maintain the look we now have in mind. M & E are always being considered in every change we make. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by Xtopher123(m): 9:11am On Jan 04, 2021
spyder880:

The architect who designed it had already made changes as I understand from my client, and his second modification didn't address my clients concerns. However, my own architect has studied the plans and made his own additions.

The changes my architect made surely had structural implications, and we had to discontinue a column position and add another to maintain the look we now have in mind. M & E are always being considered in every change we make. Thanks.

Here's the thing, you don't hand over another Architect's design to be modified by another Architect. That's simply fraud in the professional sense. You only do that when the original designer has signed off completely from the project. Trust me you and the client can be sued.

Hence you DEMAND the originator of the design make the modification and coordinate with other disciplines effecting all the changes in all their Models/Drawings.

If you're going to be a professional contractor, it's good you understand these things to avoid litigation in future.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by worworbabe: 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2021
Delpierro10:

what is wrong with flat roofs?
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2021
The house as at today.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2021
From the top of the already cast lintels.......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Many Pupils Dead, Over 100 Trapped As School Building Collapses In Lagos / Heavy Rainfall Destroys Fence And Cars In Ibadan (Photos) / How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.