Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra - Properties (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra (48959 Views)

Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex Design for 50x100ft / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:05pm On Apr 20, 2022
Our plan, is to quickly remove the bamboo scaffolds so that floor works can quickly start in this site as soon as possible...........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:42am On Apr 30, 2022
Pictures from this house after we have removed all the bamboo scaffolds...........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:01am On Apr 30, 2022
More pictures from around the house.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:03am On Apr 30, 2022
Still more.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by dongc(m): 9:07am On Apr 30, 2022
Wow...

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:09am On Apr 30, 2022
The BQ

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:12am On Apr 30, 2022
Landscaping work starts...........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by capetownboyz(m): 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2022
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2022
dongc:
Wow...
capetownboyz:
Beautiful

Thank you very much my people.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by JerrCa(m): 9:20am On May 03, 2022
wow.. great job! Well done bro. I like the color of the water collector. I prefer black too, 'cause white color stains easily.
The screeding too looks great. Looks like its painted already. Cheers

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:04am On May 03, 2022
JerrCa:
wow.. great job! Well done bro. I like the color of the water collector. I prefer black too, 'cause white color stains easily.
The screeding too looks great. Looks like its painted already. Cheers

Thank you bro.
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by JerrCa(m): 3:01pm On May 05, 2022
spyder880:
We have started working on the ceiling of this house.......

Production of ceiling boards

Quick question bro: For a 430sqm Duplex house with average POP designs, what could an average total cost be for POP production?
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 5:32pm On May 05, 2022
JerrCa:

Quick question bro: For a 430sqm Duplex house with average POP designs, what could an average total cost be for POP production?

It's hard o, prices are doing what I dont know now. Budget about N1.7m for it.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:11pm On May 10, 2022
We have stood the gate of this compound today, will do some more work on the 3rd pillar by tomorrow.

More pictures later tomorrow.
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:44am On May 15, 2022
Sand, chippings bought for the compound floor works..........

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:48am On May 15, 2022
Inside the compound...........

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:53am On May 15, 2022
More pictures from the balconies.............

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:58am On May 15, 2022
Master bathroom tiles done.........

Some rooms.......

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:03am On May 15, 2022
More pictures from inside this house as the finish is getting completed...........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by Badgers14: 9:49am On May 15, 2022
spyder880:
The site where the building will be ........

Oga sir, what is the plot size for this project?
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:30am On May 15, 2022
Badgers14:

Oga sir, what is the plot size for this project?

This plot is nearly 1000 square metres. But not a regular rectangular shape.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by Rany4all(m): 1:54pm On May 15, 2022
Oga Spyder, weldone o.

I was just thinking...in these modern POP ceiling designs like you have done in this building, are those gaps between boards direct connections between the interior of the rooms and the interior of the roof?

I'm a bit concerned about the easy access such gaps will offer to insects and reptiles (especially geckos) to gain entry into the house.

See pics below for what I'm talking about, thanks.

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:42pm On May 15, 2022
Rany4all:
Oga Spyder, weldone o.

I was just thinking...in these modern POP ceiling designs like you have done in this building, are those gaps between boards direct connections between the interior of the rooms and the interior of the roof?

I'm a bit concerned about the easy access such gaps will offer to insects and reptiles (especially geckos) to gain entry into the house.

See pics below for what I'm talking about, thanks.

No, the gaps are not open till inside the roof void. They are sealed behind the gaps. A lot of people love the gaps as they are used to showcase chain lights of different colours. This attached picture is a good example of how it looks after the chain lights are fitted. Happy weekend.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by Rany4all(m): 8:30pm On May 15, 2022
spyder880:

No, the gaps are not open till inside the roof void. They are sealed behind the gaps. A lot of people love the gaps as they are used to showcase chain lights of different colours. This attached picture is a good example of how it looks after the chain lights are fitted. Happy weekend.
Ok then, as long as it's sealed I'm fine with it, else I would have opted for a flat POP ceiling for my project. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by InvertedHammer: 11:03pm On May 17, 2022
spyder880:
Still more.........
/

I have heard arguments about external walls screeding per white POP cement vs regular cement.
What's your take on that?

/
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:14am On May 18, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/

I have heard arguments about external walls screeding per white POP cement vs regular cement.
What's your take on that?

/

Regular cement is best suited for outside walls, and even internal walls. I am having some issues with this particular work in some walls because of while POP screeding on the outside walls.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by hardbite(m): 9:35am On May 18, 2022
Good morning sir. My painter once suggested to me that outside screeding is not good for a building, that I should only screed inside. What do you think about this?
spyder880:

Regular cement is best suited for outside walls, and even internal walls. I am having some issues with this particular work in some walls because of while POP screeding on the outside walls.
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by Rany4all(m): 9:55am On May 18, 2022
hardbite:
Good morning sir. My painter once suggested to me that outside screeding is not good for a building, that I should only screed inside. What do you think about this?
Maybe he was talking about white POP cement screeding...just my guess though.
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:43am On May 18, 2022
hardbite:

Inside and outside screeding is good for a building, except if you're using some particular types of paints on the building. Paints like weathered Matt or other textured paints doesn't need a screeding to come out nice.

But if you want to use silk paints on the outside, please screed to eliminate all wall deformities.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by Jomonix: 9:31am On May 20, 2022
Please can someone help me with the current price of white cement.
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:47am On May 20, 2022
Jomonix:
Please can someone help me with the current price of white cement.

ABS N5,800
AZ N5,700
Filax N2,100 for 1 kg.
Re: The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:48am On May 20, 2022
In this house, it's the compound floor that's being attended to.........

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

How Many Bedroom Do You Think Lagos Landlord Will Get From This Kitchen? / Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) / Man Laments After His Wife Sold His House For ₦10 Million & Absconded (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.