Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:31 AM

Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic (32884 Views)

Fuel Imports Gulp ₦‎2 Trillion Monthly – FG / Forex Crisis: Marketers Propose ₦‎720/Litre, Suspend Fuel Imports / David Lyon Visits Bola Tinubu With Timipre Sylva (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by karimpour: 11:35am On Nov 24, 2020
Nigerian researcher helped Pfizer develop COVID-19 vaccine

http://en.hausatv.com/news/content/21035
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by Heavance(m): 11:35am On Nov 24, 2020
mamaafrik:
This sylva is a fool at fifty,when cabals want to oppress the Country they will throw your foolish brother at you,why are we not refining since we have the oil , technical know how and the market,why do big men need to build Refinery at Niger and still hobnob the Government to import the product abd still receive money for the maintenance of the moribund refineries.
The Refineries should be sold to either foreign bidder or state where it is located
The moment you mention selling of the refineries, Nigerians who can't see ahead will come for you.
In fact, if you mention it in your agenda during election campaign, they won't vote for you.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by fajbam216: 11:37am On Nov 24, 2020
Hmmmm.. ignoramus.....

So closing border wit Benin republic,Ghana ,Togo against transborder trade...but opening d border up north to Niger....is nothing but partisan . Nigeria can't never be one with this shaddy arrangements..ND it's done by nobody but the south representative in govt. Sylvia is indeed a clown
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by prophetfire: 11:38am On Nov 24, 2020
THIS MAN INDEED IS A BIGGER FOOL THAN I THOUGHT.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 24, 2020
Are you sure this man said this or they quote him out of context.

This story can't be true, i am really speechless
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by Bluntemperor: 11:41am On Nov 24, 2020
Tenshades:
These people talk without shame.

See,who do this man like -this ?
Who do Southern people,just as the man be deputy Petroleum Minister,so he love being a slave!
Shame on you, Sylva.Niger country that is land-locked is refining your Petroleum for you,you say e good- haba!
No wonder Niger-Delta regions could not move forward with this kind of people that have tasted power,JEJ inclusive! Terrible!

1 Like

Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by chukxie(m): 11:47am On Nov 24, 2020
GoodGovernance:

You must have bewitched yourself.

We should wait till the refineries are fixed before importing from Niger? Or it would have been better if it was Europe,abi?

The refineries that previous governments could not fix in over 16years,you want the present govt to fix in 5 years,abi?

As usual,the jungle punch newspaper did not mention the fact that in the said interview ,the minister mentioned the revitalisation of the refineries soon.

Why are you so defensive of this government? Read my write up again and you'd find where I wrote "...leaders and policymakers- past and present..."Don't get yourself worked up for nothing. Have a good one.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by wellmax(m): 11:51am On Nov 24, 2020
It is a big shame that we are buying petroleum products from Niger Republic.
Shameless government.

It is okay for us to buy food from Benin republic.
Shameless citizens
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by Coldie(m): 11:56am On Nov 24, 2020
What he spoke is the truth, it's not buharis fault or Niger republic faults that Nigeria refused to fix it's refinery
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by 9gerian: 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
These politicians have resorted to mockery.

They know Nigerians are pained by the high level of incompetence, corruption and mismanagement, but they don’t care and even mock the people with silly statements just to rub it in the more.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by osusuallstars: 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2020
........and we cannot buy foreign rice from Cotonou to enhance regional trade ?
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by 9gerian: 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
Did they tell the people that they were going to be even worse than the previous Governments?

Else I do not see any reason for the @bold statement.

GoodGovernance:

You must have bewitched yourself.

We should wait till the refineries are fixed before importing from Niger? Or it would have been better if it was Europe,abi?

The refineries that previous governments could not fix in over 16years,you want the present govt to fix in 5 years,abi?

As usual,the jungle punch newspaper did not mention the fact that in the said interview ,the minister mentioned the revitalisation of the refineries soon.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by MrBachelor: 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
I'm not surprised by his submission. He's a Buhari minister.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by SeniorGee(m): 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2020
The mentality of this government is in recession.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by DIVIPRO: 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2020
How this so called [b][/b]politicians [b][/b]sell their conscience and people just to sustain power keeps me wondering if they think of life after here.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by jaytii(f): 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
They should also reopen the borders to promote "regional trade relationship"
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by NEIGHBOUR(m): 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2020
How did we get to this level in this country? This Government has no atom of shame! Terribly horrible
. So much regret voting for this party.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by engrchykae(m): 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2020
Fulani agenda is real.
But I blame Yoruba
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by hotseat: 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2020
Timipre Sylva merely anchored what Ibe Kachukwu once said that it is cheaper to import petrol than to refine locally.

The craziness of Nigerian leaders has been on for a long time. They have simply lost all sense of shame and pride.

The once (Gi)ant of Africa is now officially THE ANT OF AFRICA!
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by Bestbeelieve: 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2020
refineries should be scrapped!!thats their worth!
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by PHijo(m): 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
Shame....!
The only Minister of Petroleum whose state is the 3rd largest Oil producer in Nigeria but could not lobbied a refinery to be built in his state but shamelessly building one in Maradi-Daura axis of Niger Republic where there is Zero crude oil and very poor consumption power due to extreme poverty of axis.

Rotimi is another buffoon that is building railways across desert North and Maradi-Daura axis of Niger Republic but don't have any functional rail system in his state of Rivers.

Don't know how the Shemales were raised wallahi....!!
Are they really Niger Deltans...?? No liver...??

The petroleum minister is from Kastina state
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by senjutsu(m): 1:31pm On Nov 24, 2020
Sylva said, “I don’t see that as an embarrassment at all. As a country, Nigeria is a big market, we need products, even if all our refineries were functioning, we will still need extra products.
This is actually an indictment on government both past and present. What will it take to have several functioning refineries in the country.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by mankan2k7(m): 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
Don't know why these people are so foolish and shameless at d same time.
I spit on their head
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by excel101(m): 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2020
This government is a big joke, they should close their face in shame. So they mean we can't even get one of our 4 refineries working or even build more. I'm indeed ashamed, I believe this is one of the northern agendas. Conclusively, Nigeria is a failed state.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2020
You are such a disgrace!
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by Breadnote: 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nigeria.lipsealed.dnt no wat to sa.dis guys r mysteriously mad.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by NGpatriot: 2:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
[s]
Agbegbaorogboye:

Seems ipob have a permanent residence in your brain.
You: Wife this rice is salty!!
Wife: Really? I put only a teaspoon. How come it's still salty
You: Must be an ipob salt or maybe the teaspoon is ipob. Oh I get it. The cooker must have been made from Aba. It's an ipob enclave
Smh
[/s]

Not interested in your ignorant and unintelligent ipop rant.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by Eboski(m): 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2020
why not allow us buy rice from benin to reduce the interest of rice in Nigeria, and also our local rice prices isn't helping us.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by opribo(m): 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2020
I said before that any man without shame can do the unimaginable. If we could condescend so low. I mean when you out there and CNN shows a clip on Nigeria and your president, something inside of you dies instantly, because he portrays who we are.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by Utysam(m): 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
No b only proud undecided undecided we go buy una biscuits join.. non sense and ingredient.
Oga what stops Nigeria from setting up its own refinery... Seem you people av forgotten that building of new refineries was one of your campaign promises...
Abi the av been a CHANGE IN THE PROMISE..
JOKERS IN POWER
2023 D COME, MAKE UNA READY ANOTHER SET OF LIES...
Re: Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic by DAVE5(m): 2:21pm On Nov 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Sylva and Buhari share a love for corruption and incompetence.

The funny thing is the houses are most likely not to be rented out, they most likely are private houses with no occupants

What the hell on earth is one mane doing with 48 houses, how many houses can he sleep in, do we really need all this as humans?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissions Nigeria's Largest Onshore LPG Plant In Edo State / Northern Women Flaunt Their Labour Party Card In Bauchi (pictures) / MC Oluomo Travels Abroad After Discharge From Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.