Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? (13794 Views)

Photos: Ex Miss Nigeria, Nike Oshinowo Shines On The Cover Of ThisDay Style / Photos: 2face Teaches Nike Oshinowo How To Dance / Pictures: Nike Oshinowo's Step Daughter Weds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by Ndipe(m): 3:11am On May 18, 2009
michelin89:

I still dey wonder how she manage take win Miss Nigeria!

According to journalists who covered the "Most beautiful girl in Nigeria" beauty pageant (1991), Nike Oshinowo's victory was biased, a sham and RIGGED. It is alleged that a former Miss Nigeria (I wont mention her name) played a role in securing her the crown. Nike who was a student in London had just flown in for the show. They were finer contestants and as one journalist put it, were it not for the maturity of the audience, the show would have descended into chaos, because their favorite contestants (one in particular was touted as the favorite by the press and the audience) did not make it to the finals. Funny thing, that favorite contestant later on competed in another pageant and won. She validated her victory succintly, "I had to prove a point." The other contestant, who was also heavily favored to win was more blunt, when asked about her future in pageants. She said something to this effect, "I hope a winner wont be chosen before the beginning of the contest."
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by AloyEmeka9: 8:42am On May 18, 2009
Ashawos are celebrated as celebrities in Nigeria today. What is happening to our culture?
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by mbulela: 3:19pm On May 18, 2009
Ashawos are celebrated as celebrities in Nigeria today. What is happening to our culture?

it has nothing to do with Nigeria.it is an element of globalization.it is same all over the world.
ashawos (as you call them) are running the sure, all over. it might be a shame but it is the truth.
looks, curves and physical assets are being more important in social settings than ever before.
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by mbulela: 3:24pm On May 18, 2009
every man to his own o!!
i have opinions about most most of this beauty peagent winners but in my opinion, Nike is not only attractive, she is drop dead gorgeous.
she dresses extremely well and clothes fit her so well.her dark skin is another big plus.
in my opinion one of the 3 best dressed nigerian women.
as per the other parts of this thread, i refrain from making any comments.

1 Like

Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by mbulela: 3:26pm On May 18, 2009
someone mentioned her marrying or almost marrying someone in the past?
she was meant to marry Kamal Boustani (sp). the Double four boss.
close to supposed wedding date, the guy bolt go Lebanon go marry a Lebanese babe.
that gist is according to Lagos tabloid press, before anyone asks for proof.
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by spikedcylinder: 11:45am On May 19, 2009

1 Like

Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by ifyalways(f): 5:09pm On May 19, 2009
@Spike,make her pull off all those gowns and send to me esp the 1st one,ASAP. cheesy
Shes got a good figure and dresses fine.

1 Like

Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by Outstrip(f): 2:19am On May 20, 2009
Okay I used to like her and I thought it was all rumours that she is a home wrecker but seeing her with her so called husband proves that it was not just rumours. A second wife in this day and age is nothing but a home wrecker
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by AloyEmeka9: 8:40am On May 20, 2009

it has nothing to do with Nigeria.it is an element of globalization.it is same all over the world.
ashawos (as you call them) are running the sure, all over. it might be a shame but it is the truth.
looks, curves and physical assets are being more important in social settings than ever before.
True but we have cultures that stand against it more than the west. I think it's the western influence at play.
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by AloyEmeka9: 8:41am On May 20, 2009
[img]http://2.bp..com/_dYiGvTdvnu0/SKx8I8JAlFI/AAAAAAAAAOs/NDaWtdUT4JE/s320/ibru+2net.JPG[/img]
Is this her husband or her father?. Wetin women no go marry because of money?.
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by spikedcylinder: 11:50am On May 20, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

[img]http://2.bp..com/_dYiGvTdvnu0/SKx8I8JAlFI/AAAAAAAAAOs/NDaWtdUT4JE/s320/ibru+2net.JPG[/img]
Is this her husband or her father?. Wetin women no go marry because of money?.

Nike is in her late 40s, th e man is in his 50s. Highest possible age different between them might be 15 years, is that so ridiculous?

If you're talking about her marrying an already married man, then thats another story but this is baseless, Aunty.
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by spikedcylinder: 11:54am On May 20, 2009
ifyalways:

@Spike,make her pull off all those gowns and send to me esp the 1st one,ASAP. cheesy
Shes got a good figure and dresses fine.

Lol. Are the dresses all that?
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by ifyalways(f): 3:14pm On May 20, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Nike is in her late 40s, th e man is in his 50s. Highest possible age different between them might be 15 years, is that so ridiculous?

If you're talking about her marrying an already married man, then thats another story but this is baseless, Aunty.

Quite right !
The age diffrence isnt that much,maybe its cos Nike does not look Fourtyish undecided
spikedcylinder:

Lol. Are the dresses all that?
Yes,man.
I and I Loff the very first one and i tell ya,i've got the body and bust cheesy
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:16pm On May 20, 2009
he looks like Yoda
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by Pepeye(f): 7:59pm On May 20, 2009
Mid or late 40’s doesn’t justify her wrecking Dr Funmilayo Soleye and Dr Tunde Soleye’s home
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by tpiah: 10:21pm On May 20, 2009
I dont like the kinds of unions where the kids will start wondering why their parents dont look "normal" like other people's own.

The guy should have stuck with his first wife who probably complements his look. He dresses in hunting gear, she ties hunting wrapper. And things like that.

Not dressing in warrior outfit while your wife puts on an evening gown.

anyway, na them sabi. undecided

Not my portion in Jesus name. undecided abeg make I rebuke that kind thing.
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by AloyEmeka9: 3:40am On May 21, 2009
I dont like the kinds of unions where the kids will start wondering why their parents dont look "normal" like other people's own.

The guy should have stuck with his first wife who probably complements his look. He dresses in hunting gear, she ties hunting wrapper. And things like that.

Not dressing in warrior outfit while your wife puts on an evening gown.

anyway, na them sabi.

Not my portion in Jesus name.  abeg make I rebuke that kind thing.
alleluia shekina glory. I am agreeing with tpiah for the first time here. 21 gun salute for tpiah, bikonu.
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by AloyEmeka9: 3:43am On May 21, 2009
Mid or late 40’s doesn’t justify her wrecking Dr Funmilayo Soleye and Dr Tunde Soleye’s home
Their homes were wrecked because they wanted it that way. I don't know why you are blaming the pretty lady for the evil activities of two grown ass sugar daddies.
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by Pepeye(f): 10:01am On May 21, 2009
So inorder words she got no iota blame in it rite?
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by mbulela: 1:51pm On May 21, 2009
how can anyone say she's got no hand in it?
of course she does.i even hear the man has another mistress abi na wife
the guy is generally hot with the ladies for reasons unknown to outsiders.he is not the richest of men anyway.
th man is older by far but that pic is wicked.i mean very wicked.
Nike is the hottest of ex Mis Naija's (IMHO).
she is one of the best dressed Niaja women (Oh, i said that earlier).
another proof that as a woman, you necessarily, do not need to have a visible source of livelihood tongue.
this thing called bottom power is often underestimated.
who was the fool that said, it is a man's world?
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by AloyEmeka9: 3:41pm On May 21, 2009
another proof that as a woman, you necessarily, do not need to have a visible source of livelihood .
this thing called bottom power is often underestimated.
who was the fool that said, it is a man's world?
Stop fooling yourself. It only lasts for a short while and as soon as you hit 40, your bottom power will expire. How many of those women saved enough to last them a lifetime during their bottom power years?. Girl, there is no road there.
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by AloyEmeka9: 3:42pm On May 21, 2009
So inorder words she got no iota blame in it rite?
Of course she has to be blamed but not all of it. The men also contributed in wrecking their homes.
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 21, 2009
He looks like a babalawo taking a virgin for a sacrifice! undecided
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by AloyEmeka9: 8:05pm On May 21, 2009
He looks like a babalawo taking a virgin for a sacrifice!
grin grin The guy must have some magic stick.
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by bawomolo(m): 9:22pm On May 21, 2009
michelin89:

He looks like a babalawo taking a virgin for a sacrifice!  undecided

I agree, being a 2nd wife to baba ifa is not what's hot on the streets.

but um he is rich
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by AloyEmeka9: 10:52pm On May 21, 2009

I agree, being a 2nd wife to baba ifa is not what's hot on the streets.

but um he is rich
I knew it! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by markomioo: 7:49am On May 22, 2009
really
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by Pepeye(f): 4:51pm On May 22, 2009
michelin89:

He looks like a babalawo taking a virgin for a sacrifice! undecided
lmao

He looks better real life
That pic didn’t do him any justice in looks
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by JJYOU: 5:13pm On May 22, 2009
Pepeye:

lmao

He looks better real life
That pic didn’t do him any justice in looks

the man actually married her? some people are very lucky
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by Pepeye(f): 5:15pm On May 22, 2009
So she’s a lucky woman to be married as a second best tongue grin
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by JJYOU: 5:43pm On May 22, 2009
Pepeye:

So she’s a lucky woman to be married as a second best tongue grin
what do you think? some young girls dont get the opportunity. people who have allegedly slept in almost all beds in town still get opportunity well good luck.

hope she enjoys it. the man must have some grown kids that willl take care of their mums affairs.
Re: Whats Up With Nike Oshinowo? by AloyEmeka9: 8:23am On May 24, 2009
what do you think? some young girls dont get the opportunity. people who have allegedly slept in almost all beds in town still get opportunity well good luck.

hope she enjoys it. the man must have some grown kids that willl take care of their mums affairs.
grin grin You are so hilarious.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Celebrities' Pix / Have Any One Heard Of This Guy. Majid Michel (ghanian Actor) / Tobi Bakre's Parents Celebrate Their 29th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.