Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks (8835 Views)

Dealing In Tokunbo Electronics / Beginners / Learners In Stocks. / How Do I Monitor My Investments In Stocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by adewale78(m): 11:14am On Jun 29, 2007
I will love you to hold on to your shares because it will be of good use to you in the future.Am a newbie in stock and shares but with the help of some guru,i've started investing in the penny stock which is the ultimate now.
Please hold on to your union bank shares cheesy
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by izidor(m): 9:53pm On Jun 29, 2007
gochi,

My broker said that continsure shares are scarce. Which other penny stocks can you recommend for a short term.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by Pain(m): 4:48am On Jun 30, 2007
The best route to becoming a successful investor is to listen more to your guts and intuition than to "Mordern Day Charlatans Clad in Fancy Suits".

Yes. Thats what I call most Stock "Experts". They just quote figures, percentages etc. Most successful investors use their "Guts" I swear.

I made some dough on Benue Cement more on my Guts than what my stockbroker had to say. Benue cement was 6.00 Naira when I was home last year.

Please check out the price now. Another was WAPCO. Even Okomu Palm Oil was 7 Bucks when I bought!!!!

Please Please, Enough of the "Charlatans" Clad in Suits.!!!!

Boy, I view the stock market like a Gambler in Las Vegas. He doesn't need any Harvard Biz School Training!!

Im a Damn Coder!!

I Know many would differ. But A Fluke is something I pray often to be blessed by/with.

Flukes Pay on The Floor.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by Naija4ward(m): 8:17am On Jun 30, 2007
If you want a stock broker where you can see your portfolio online, go to www.cashcraft.com. I have been using them for my UK clients for 2 years.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by evergie(m): 8:23am On Jun 30, 2007
Hello Pain

Do you know of any penny stock one could buy now? I have 300k and im a newbie in stock biz. please if any let me know
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by dollyp1cute(f): 9:33am On Jun 30, 2007
Naija4ward:

If you want a stock broker where you can see your portfolio online, go to www.cashcraft.com. I have been using them for my UK clients for 2 years.

What services are you offering UK clients?

Cashcraft is useless from my own experience, they have a fancy site but zero customer services.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by evergie(m): 9:56am On Jun 30, 2007
Hello dollyp1cute,

Have you tried their services? I'm even thinking of contacting them. Please tell more about them.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by Pain(m): 10:00am On Jun 30, 2007
evergie:

Hello Pain

Do you know of any penny stock one could buy now? I have 300k and im a newbie in stock biz. please if any let me know

Will U Take My Word?

See This Short Term (Sure Banker wink ):

Ecobank ( Will Double Yo Money In A Year)

These Coys Are Down Now. (Meet Them In Their Low Times. They'd Be In The 100.00s range in 2 years)

Nigerian Breweries Plc
Cadbury Plc

Long Term

BOC Gases
Standard Insurance Plc

IF U Have The Bucks Now

AP Plc.

Odd Eh? But Bet Me On These. Don't Ask Me How I Know. undecided.

U Asked For My Opinion. Its Free of Charge.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by esilove(m): 10:48am On Jun 30, 2007
Hello gochi, How much can Person buy share with?

for instance, if i buy a share with N50,000 how much do i expect to get if a comapny is selling a share at 50 kobo per share at 30 kobo each.

plz advice me more on benefits and disadvantages of share??
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by RichDad1(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2007
@ Gochi,
please, how can i register on the NSE website so that i can view daily summary and reports?
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by shoti(m): 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2007
gochi ur intelligent is highly respected by me. pls i want to know names of some broker with what they charge on ur profit.a friend told me of leadcapital and that they charge 4%.thank i will waiting to get that fact of this.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by gochi(m): 1:57pm On Jun 30, 2007
yes its likely that Ecobank Will Double Yo Money In A Year.

Also some insurance stocks are scarce now but i'm expecting some of them to be available soon. As soon as I get a pick i'll let u know.

If u have 50k to invest in stocks that's cool (but not soooooo cool). But you can start from their but if u want to grow with that kind of investment then u have to not be the GUY WHO WANTS TO GET RICH QUICK. I mean u have to have a strategy.

Like someone said, you dont need to go to HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL to learn the stock game. Even a 13 yr old can trade on stocks and be wealthy.

If the Nigerian stock market doesnt get saturated by the time my son is 13 i'll make sure that when he's 16 he'll be a MULTI only by trading stocks. grin grin grin

ok Here's another piece of information. For daily quotes of stock prices goto www.cscsnigeria.com, you'll find top gainers and top loosers. Remember that the NSE trades only from 10 AM - 2 PM MON - FRI

For a more concrete stock report goto www.punchng.com, scroll down by the right pane and download the daily stock report. Its a word document, it is very explicit.

Also there are software tools that aid in my analysis too.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by izidor(m): 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2007
gochi,

You are really an asset to this forum. pls. keep it up as you are enriching people mentally and financially.
My broker is unable to sell my Japauloil shares after one month that i issued mandate for a sale. What do i do?

Do you have an idea of any penny stock i can invest on now? What do you think of footwear share?
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by gochi(m): 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2007
@ izidor
Yes bank stocks are going down, bu they will still rize. but more potential are in the bank shares bellow 15-10 naira.

As for ur stock broker, it's possible that he's not doing his job, but its also possible that there may not be available buyers for the shares u want him to sell or the company doesnt appear frequently on the market. so it may not be his fault - but a good stock broker should tell his clients the situation.

As for footwear visit www.punchng.com and download the days trading summary. you'll find something similar (not exactly) to this about footwear:

LClose Open High Low Close Change Trades Volume Value
0.67 0.70 0.70 0.70 0.70 0.03 1 35,000 24,500.00

Analysis: look at their volumes are not so high so u can possibly buy larger than 35,000 (that's if up to that is available for sale on that day). but if u can deposit funds with ur stock broker and give him a mandate to buy as soon as a reasonable volume is available. I see potential in them. That's all i can say for now. I'll make my own analysis and find out about the company.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by Prince22(m): 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2007
Evergie, Rush to buy 1ST Bank Share now u will never regret it.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by hbrednic: 5:28am On Jul 02, 2007
that is if Evergie can aford to wait for a year. lipsrsealed
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by izidor(m): 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2007
Hello Monsieur and Gochi

Thanks for all your contributions on this topic. i know you will be of help here to me. i have about 1m. which penny stock can i invest on now. i mean a stock i can sell when it appreciates.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by madeonline(m): 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2007
A good short term investment for now could be zenith bank, their year end is just around the corner and price of zenith would kjeep rising till then.

A good medium term is Dangote sugar notminding the present drop in price. Year end is Dec.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by crazyT(m): 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2007
@gochi

Thanks for your rightups, I am so happy to know that I am not wrong with my method of trading at the NSE at all.
I am new in this stock thing and I started just 5 months ago (February)  with just 500,000Naira I bought Afroil @ 0.42kobo I sold it about 3 months later @ 7.14. Thanks to this brilliant idea i am now trading in Millions.  cheesy

My broker and friends were advising me to start trading on the big leagues i.e Guiness, AP, big banks etc but i decline and bought Capoil @ 0.33kobo, Afrpint @ 0.98 and Lasaco @ 1.80. I need not to tell you now that I am the richest among my friends thanks to the penny stocks.

Abegi if you know how I can lay my hand on Lizolofin, Vanleer and Intercontinental re-Ins. just mail me

Up penny stocks!!!
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by gochi(m): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2007
@izidor
well like i explained earlier, availability of the share also matters. Dont be so FAST! First things first. First get a broker and open an account with him, secondly deposit funds into ur broker's account, then start watching the stocks with him, tell him the stocks u want to buy so he can start checking each day for its availability. (note: your stock broker may not be the rep of his broking firm on the NSE floor) it may be someone else in the firm. But once that person is on the floor not even his fellow broker outside the floor can contact him. So any communication must be done before and after trading, the brokers outside the floor do not even know the floor price fluctuations which makes for a better purchasing decision. Only the broker on the floor can do this. Dont be scared; when u make a decision, just tell ur broker and he'll communicate to the person who will go to the floor before trading commences.

Even when u deposit ur 1m, the volume of stock available may not be up to what 1m can buy, in other words u'll still have change, so ur broker can make another choice for you or u make ur own choice of another share. so for ur 1m to get exhausted buying shares, it depends on availability of that share on the floor.

Soon i will be able to provide some facts such as charts and graphs for users of nairaland to be able to analyze previous performances and follow trends so they can make good judgements.

As for FOOTWEAR, i made my research: for now they are not very good to buy considering that there are government policies that do not encourage the growth of the shoe industry.

JUST TRY THIS: Go to ur office or your house or anywhere and count the number of people wearing made in Nigerian Shoes. grin grin grin See what i mean. So until there are government policies to barn imported shoes, then the shoe industry is good to look at.

Try COSTUDYINS, they may still be available, also try STACO. These are gainers for insurance sector and will be for a while. Go for STACO before it becomes scarce.

For BAnking sector: here's my analysis for diamond bank from 4th june (13.62) - 2nd july(20.92): they grew about 54% in 1month. And the speculation is that they'll grow upto 100% by Dec. so if u can put some of your 1m into this.

@CrazyT
That was a cool one. Keep it up. u can always contact me for more info: (yahoo im: goch_2k, 2348024009195)
: I'M A "PENNY STOCKER" As for your request I'll keep an I. wink
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by izidor(m): 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2007
Gochi,

Thanks for all the info. i already hv a broker. but u know, i don't hv to bank completely on him. external info of this nature is important.
Keep enriching us. God 'll bless u.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by otokx(m): 7:31am On Jul 03, 2007
@Izidor

Who are your stock brokers?
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by gochi(m): 11:56am On Jul 03, 2007
RichDad

If u are already registered with ur stock broker, you should have a clearing house number. With that u can register on cscsnigeria.com and monitor your portfolio.

Hope u find this useful.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by izidor(m): 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2007
hi Otox,

My brokers are FSDH. They are located at LEADSHOUSE BUILDING, Garrison, after Fidelity bank. They operate electronics. If you open an account with them you can monitor your investm, issue mandate and recv. daily and wekly trade reports. They organise group financial shop. this is in case you have group you want to expose to financial planning. this is done without charge.
they did it for my union;and it is wonderful.

Though, it is expensive to open a stock broking account with them,but if you are keen you can contact me on this number and i can be of help. 08033381275
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by kg(f): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2007
@ Boladez
You're right, at the end of the day, your investment is in your hands because sincere and competent brokers are hard to find!

You know what? That they are hard to find does not mean they are not available.

I have a firm believe in the fact that investing in the stock market is one of the best way to grow your money and I have been actively investing with no problems. I have two highly professional, extremely competent brokers, with them I really don't have to worry, in all honesty at a point I didn't have to do any monitoring. I became spoilt cos there was nothing I could do stockwise that they could not do better and really that's the way it should be.

You can make good money from stocks especially if you are a profit taker from the secondary market. You only need to experience it to understand it. I am never surprise when some people voice out their ignorance when they give funny advice like- keep your money, don't do stocks and all, they have no light in that direction and so they can't see!

Like I always say get a sincere and competent broker and you can't help but grow rich using the stockmarket. No matter what you know about stocks, if you don't have a good broker your efforts might be frustrated. So, do ur homework well, don't go for agents or touts, go for the real certified professional that has a reputation to protect and you will smile.

I am smiling cos this stock thing works!

In case u want to know stocks made me a millionaire, so I know exactly what I'm talking about!
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by izidor(m): 11:00pm On Jul 03, 2007
Kg,

You sound so authouritative and filled. Can we share with you. Lets known this broker of yours that is performing this wonders.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by shakindude: 10:31am On Jul 04, 2007
Walk in to a bank with your share certificates or some proof that you have the shares. Get a loan with the shares as collateral. Use the loan money [should be something like 100 - 150 percent of the share value] to trade. Keep the original shares safe for a rainy day. Happy investing!
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by chokit(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2007
Friends,
Thanks for all your contributions they are all informative for we the newbies.Can you enlighting me on what to expect from a good stock broking house.Actually my broker is ubastockbrokers ltd but since i was told my accont was oprational 3 years ago i never get any report on my portfolio.i couldnt even monitor anything, i pay cash through thier branches to jack up my investmet,i can reach anybody in that department on line onphone or by email do you think this is in order.I dont live in niger i only ask my contact to pay in for me whick i belive he doing.I have tried to register with scsc online to monitor my account but i couldnt because i do not have CHN.The only thing i received is scsc no.Does any one have a solution for me,i also hope i am not wrong asking this brokers to supply me with these informations.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by otokx(m): 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2007
@Kg

which stock brokers do you use?
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by Mu(m): 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2007
I have found www.investordelight.com to be very useful in keeping track of my shares and net worth. Before using the tool, I had many of the same problems you guys are talking about. The truth is that the brokers don't offer customer service. It's just a bunch of people trying to do all things and they end up suckin at customer service.

At some point I developed a spreadsheet to keep track but I just use the investordelight tools now. The site is updated daily with market closing prices and I receive email alerts thereafter. It also lets me trrack how much I part with in broker fees.

I discovered that it is possible to obtain the day’s trading summary analysis which Gochi referred to from the site. It’s in a section called "WATCHLIST" which allows you monitor stocks you are interested in and it shows you the day’s trading for each stock you add to your watchlist. I also get my watchlist emailed to me daily, etc.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by fineass: 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2007
Hi @all,
can any one in the house advice me on penny stocks that can turn around my 500,000 naira to nutting less than 700,000 in two months. Thank you Peace cool
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks by johnflo(m): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2007
Hi,friend,I presently work in a Capital market,please and please it is not adviceabloe to keep your stock certificates at home at all,either you want to trade with it or for keep.But I would even rather advice you to trade with it due to a lot of factors which I would be ready to explain to you if you can contact me throuh my email address.

Let me even tell u that there are a lot of pple nowadays that only do business in buying and selling of shares either long or short term basis.Pls your shares can fetch u fetch un alot of money u can never imagine just if u do the right thing,then u av to beware of 419 capital markets.I advice u not to trade by proxy,but go yourself to a reputable stockbroking firm like ours(there are others anyway).I ll be ready to help u more if u can contact me through any of my contact.

I work with

UNION CAPITAL MARKETS LIMITED
PLOT 97 AHMADU BELLO WAY,VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS, ADJACENT TO FEDERAL PALACE HOTEL

E.MAIL:adebayotokunbo@yahoo.com
phone:08054580729

I ll be expecting u,pls act now and dont subject urself to fraudster

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Application For FG Covid-19 Survival Fund Begins 10pm Today. How To Apply / Guaranty Trust Bank: More Branches Needed? / CBN's NIBSS Launches Payment Solution, NQR To The Financial Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.