Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:21 AM

Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World (43087 Views)

Jeff Bezos Overtakes Elon Musk As World Richest Man / World's Richest: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates / Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by dogmart(m): 10:47am On Nov 25, 2020
Legalcriminal:

Be greatful niqqa some people are praying to be the one in your current life.

Excellent one bro. God bless you. smiley
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by frog12: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2020
who cares. they just like simple lives. you that are TALKING, what have you done for your COUNTRY?

SIRTee15:

I absolutely agree with u.
I live in Europe n I noticed their biggest problem is inability to successfully commercialize their research works. Thats why there's no big tech company in Europe.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to be attracting the right immigrants possibly due to the glass ceiling culture. Native Europeans are wary of empowering foreigners, they prefer them to be subservient in the middle income class trap. U can't get the best out of people this way.
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by demmymoney(m): 11:31am On Nov 25, 2020
bayelsaowei:
oh really? Tech world won't last a generation??

You do realise digitalisation and technology is where the world is heading to? Has dangote ever been richer than the likes of Bill Gates, Warren buffet, and the other older tech guys?

Do you even know what you're talking about?? Dangote would struggle in a highly competitive and innovative environment like the USA and Europe and especially in such locations where he would pay taxes seriously.

In your mind you think dangote can ever catch up with tech guys with his political business he runs..nonsense ...

The riches families on earth are not technology based families, they are traditional business models families

Technology wealth is an illusion that cannot last more than 15yrs tops or even less

Check history, the richest people have always owned lands, buildings or natural resources that's why we have terrorism this century which does the job of stealing other countries natural resources or protecting the real wealthy people natural resources

Technology wealth in my opinion isn't true wealth cos it doesn't have any historical backing, let the world be digitalized it's not my business cos real wealthy people know that true wealth isn't in dot com but in physical resources like land, gold, oil etc. Unless the whole world should start living on the internet like real estate then I will say technology wealth is generational
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by yusman14(m): 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2020
Phraences:

You made good points. Also, some people have natural grace or luck. They are blessed from birth with high IQ the same way some people are blessed to be great musicians or sport stars. It's just grace/luck. Like Jesus said "you will always have the poor with you". In other words, not everyone is born to be a superstar. That's just a fact of life.
Exactly!!!
some people are destined for greatness already...
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by SavageMaster: 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2020
Godpikin4real:
Which time my own name go enter their own book and people
Baba God pls pick up and answer my call as I don tire 2 de wait.

Which real life problem(s) are you actively solving? What solutions are you bringing to the table?

If you can't satisfactorily answer the above questions, then be ready cos Baba God number don enter voicemail
cool
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Gerrard59(m): 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
SIRTee15:

I absolutely agree with u.
I live in Europe n I noticed their biggest problem is inability to successfully commercialize their research works. Thats why there's no big tech company in Europe.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to be attracting the right immigrants possibly due to the glass ceiling culture. Native Europeans are wary of empowering foreigners, they prefer them to be subservient in the middle income class trap. U can't get the best out of people this way.

With declining birth rates, nobody go tell them. grin
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by kullozone(m): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2020
marvin906:
As much as I want to act surprised am not actually even a tiny bit was actually expecting it..
Well congratulations to musk..

But that dude weirdness is on another level..
Something about him creeps me out

Hehe...

I think the guy is actually an alien lmao... For real though!
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by omoyankee3(m): 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2020
frog12:
as usually liars and thieves! he is not an AFRICAN!
he is EUROPEAN that lives in south africa. the WHITES there are EUROPEANS!

people like you, if EUROPEAN give you SHIT to eat you will EAT it!

Ignorance, bitterness, hate.

I dont know what they've done to you, but I won't give you the energy.
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by omoyankee3(m): 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2020
Google is your friend
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by arryjosh(m): 11:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
kingxsamz:
Some clowns will come here and say it's grace, when he clearly doesn't believe in a god.
Meanwhile, while Elon Musk is making huge impact in the world, some group of clowns are hell bent on the world ending so that they can fly into the sky and wear white robes all their life.
You lack understanding
I pray it is never too late
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Atom85: 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hahahaha. Funny guy
Godpikin4real:

Na d death go kill you.
Bad belle people everywhere.
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Sannisege: 4:57am On Dec 01, 2020
Gerrard59:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55059915

No way would Bernard Arnault surpass Bill Gates who Elon just surpassed. Software engineering is more valued than luxury goods in today's economy.
Do your research and stop quoting a Mediocre BBC source that lists Jeff Bezos’s networth as £182B
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Gerrard59(m): 5:24am On Dec 01, 2020
Sannisege:
Do your research and stop quoting a Mediocre BBC source that lists Jeff Bezos’s networth as £182B

Fantastic! So present your evidence where Bernard Arnault was behind Bill Gates as at when Elon Musk's rise in wealth happened? Interestingly, the BBC is "mediocre" because she listed Bezos' wealth in pounds but is she "mediocre" for using the dollar for Gates?
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Sannisege: 11:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
Gerrard59:
https://www.forbesafrica.com/billionaires/2020/11/26/no-elon-musk-is-not-the-second-richest-person-in-the-world-heres-why/#:~:text=Thanks%20to%20Tesla's%20roaring%20stock,world's%20second%2Drichest%20person%20yet.

Fantastic! So present your evidence where Bernard Arnault was behind Bill Gates as at when Elon Musk's rise in wealth happened? Interestingly, the BBC is "mediocre" because she listed Bezos' wealth in pounds but is she "mediocre" for using the dollar for Gates?

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Sannisege: 11:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
Please read this short article. Thank you https://www.forbesafrica.com/billionaires/2020/11/26/no-elon-musk-is-not-the-second-richest-person-in-the-world-heres-why/
Gerrard59:

A portion states "Forbes currently has Musk in the No. 3 spot, behind Jeff Bezos, who reigns supreme at $182.6 billion, and French luxury goods tycoon Bernard Arnault, worth $140.6 billion. With the surge in the value of Tesla shares this week, Musk surpassed Bill Gates, who is now in fourth place, worth $119.4 billion"
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Sannisege: 11:13pm On Dec 01, 2020
Oga please also check https://www.forbes.com/real-time-billionaires/#73a2f953d788 and update yourself. Well maybe because they list 'Bernard Arnault & Family' as the second richest, then you may be right. And for your info, Bernard Arnault had surpassed Bill Gates for quite a while now (over 2 months ago), so I rest my case
Gerrard59:

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Sannisege: 11:27pm On Dec 01, 2020
Gerrard59:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55059915

No way would Bernard Arnault surpass Bill Gates who Elon just surpassed. Software engineering is more valued than luxury goods in today's economy.
Base arguments on facts not speculations please. Thank you
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Gerrard59(m): 9:19am On Dec 02, 2020
Sannisege:
Please read this short article. Thank you https://www.forbesafrica.com/billionaires/2020/11/26/no-elon-musk-is-not-the-second-richest-person-in-the-world-heres-why/ A portion states "Forbes currently has Musk in the No. 3 spot, behind Jeff Bezos, who reigns supreme at $182.6 billion, and French luxury goods tycoon Bernard Arnault, worth $140.6 billion. With the surge in the value of Tesla shares this week, Musk surpassed Bill Gates, who is now in fourth place, worth $119.4 billion"

In all of your attempted defence, you did not check the BBC website (my initial link) which used the Bloomberg Billionaire index to rank Elon. You are using Forbes which uses a different methodology.

Tech entrepreneur Elon Musk has topped Microsoft founder Bill Gates to become the world's second richest man after a meteoric rise in his personal fortune.

Mr Musk's net worth jumped by $7.2bn (£5.4bn) to $128bn after shares in his car firm Tesla surged.

Only Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is richer, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

We are both correct depending on the ranking organisation (in this case Bloomberg and Forbes).
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Sannisege: 10:04am On Dec 02, 2020
Gerrard59:

In all of your attempted defence, you did not check the BBC website (my initial link) which used the Bloomberg Billionaire index to rank Elon. You are using Forbes which uses a different methodology.

We are both correct depending on the ranking organisation (in this case Bloomberg and Forbes).
okay true but I think Forbes attempted to dispute Bloomberg with their article
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2020
Dalil8:

Nope.

By 2023 there will be commercial flights to Space which cost between $150k - $250k thanks to Virgin Galactic and SpaceX.
How far with the first test by Elon musk? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Kaduna Galaxy Mall / Mani Manoharan, Dangote's Manager Dies In India After Suffering Heart Attack / ₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.