Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo (22037 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode On Afghanistan: Rambo Warned Us In 90's But We Wouldn't Listen / General Taiwo: Soldiers Went To Lekki Toll Gate With Both Live And Blank Bullets / Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by dederocs(m): 6:20am On Nov 26, 2020
Teknoteableblog:
Shame on you! We'll soon be back on the streets.
I bet you are an instigator, hiding behind your keypad, i bet you were not on scene when the protests was turning to riots...keypad instigator.
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by TheGift: 6:25am On Nov 26, 2020
Moneywirer:
Such impunity.
The End SARS protest failed woefully!!!
Those poor souls died for nothing!!!
The police is still being cruel and hostile to innocent citizens.
Nigerian leaders are still looting with passion.
Today I read in the news that brand new SUVs procured for senators and house of Reps members were ready for distribution even amidst the recession. And the Nigerian army isn't remorseful about murdering unarmed protesters in cold blood.
1 Dollar is now N480
So tell me again, what did we achieve??

Where you expecting things to change overnight?

This is arguably the most successful protest in Nigeria's recent history.

1. The peaceful protesters stood their ground until the government was forced to show their hand full of incompetence and impunity, thereby proving the reason for the protests.

2. SARS has been scrapped

3. CSP James Nwafor the monster overseeing the dreaeded Akwuzu SARS is on the run

4. The Nigerians in Diaspora have been galvanized to fight for Nigeria from outside

5. The Judicial Panel of inquiry is giving many people the opportunity to tell their stories of horror and death in the hands of SARS

6. The Nigerian people, especially the youth have found their voice and they are not cowardly backing down like previous generations

7. The reality of howc@#$%&+/ the m governance is in Nigeria and our very dire situation has been made clear.

8. Nigerians have been organizing relentlessly to ensure that peaceful protesters unjustly arrested and detained during the protests are released, even in the face of impunity. No one is even calking @segalink for that.

9. The UK is having a public hearing on the matter targeted at sanctioning individual leaders who are found wanting.

10. Police Salaries have been increased

11. Nigerian leaders are now living with greater fear of the people

12. Buhari finally came out to read a speech to His people, even though many of us in the end felt it may have been better if He didn't say anything. At least it became clear that we were on our own till 2023.

I can give 12 more reasons why the protest was a success, but let me stop here.

P. S. Those poor souls will only die for nothing if those of us alive say they died for nothing. As for me, their deaths will not be in vain. Say Amen smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Hotzone(m): 6:26am On Nov 26, 2020
Moneywirer:
Such impunity.
Today I read in the news that brand new SUVs procured for senators and house of Reps members were ready for distribution even amidst the recession. And the Nigerian army isn't remorseful about murdering unarmed protesters in cold blood.
1 Dollar is now N480

How will u achieve your goal when your agenda was to cause crisis, destroy property, take pictures, smoke weed with your girlfriends at Lekki wake keep, rob and molest people, liberate prisoners, kill warden, kill policemen, kill military men and their children and burnt down police stations and barracks, eat the carcass of policemen in Ibadan, and yet u ain’t done. You continue to spread fake news to attract public and international sympathy and u still want things to get better.
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 26, 2020
Did you know his father is the one that ordered the ASABA MASSACRE in 1967?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Myhusband(m): 6:39am On Nov 26, 2020
HeavenIsSoReall:
The souls of the departed will never rest in peace except if they were genuinely born again.

You that's reading this, if you die in SIN your soul will also not find peace.

THERE'S NO PEACE FOR THE WICKED.

is this how Jesus save sinners from perishing? is this how salvation of our soul is meant to convince us?

You need spiritual wisdom bro, stop deceiving yourself with this anti Christ talk

Jesus is love, love is Jesus..... he want every man to be save
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 26, 2020
DamZik:

Responding to questions from Mr Bernard Oniga, the lawyer representing the NBA, the witness explained why the army did not take the alternative route which avoided the tollgate if they were clearing up the Eti-Osa corridor as claimed.“The discretion was at the hands of the commander, they were attacked by hoodlums and they responded,” he said.
Shameless cowards
Lie Mohammed things. Liars.
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Vacora(m): 6:40am On Nov 26, 2020
Enjoy the individual sanctions and visa ban heading your way. Your statement was callous and lacks emotional intelligence or empathy.

The worse kind of person is the person who thinks that they know it all and in benefit of hindsight still thinks there is nothing to learn at all.

The use of deadly or lethal force at Lekki was unlawful and unnecessary. The soldiers were not subject to deadly force or violence from unarmed protestors. A carte blanche order to use such force in these circumstances was unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 26, 2020
dederocs:

I bet you are an instigator, hiding behind your keypad, i bet you were not on scene when the protests was turning to riots...keypad instigator.
A bigger protest is coming come Dec 1. Get ready!APC zombies, check your brain and conscience. Stop being insane and irrational because of crumbs that fall from Polithiefcians' table. Can Femi Adesina pay you what he is paying his own children? Yenefer (helinues crimes)
NGpatriot
AntiChrist
Okoroawusa
yarimo
Satan02

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Eillyeillz(m): 7:09am On Nov 26, 2020
Moneywirer:
Such impunity.
1 Dollar is now N480

Sadly Nothing.
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by dederocs(m): 7:18am On Nov 26, 2020
DamZik:
A bigger protest is coming come Dec 1. Get ready!APC zombies, check your brain and conscience. Stop being insane and irrational because of crumbs that fall from Polithiefcians' table. Can Femi Adesina pay you what he is paying his own children? Yenefer (helinues crimes)
NGpatriot
AntiChrist
Okoroawusa
yarimo
Satan02
Big lie, na demo, you be keypad warrior... grin
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Aladdin1(m): 7:20am On Nov 26, 2020
B4 nkor? bunch of retards and monsters.i pray they continue to meet a painful death in the hands of bandits and bokoharam,because thats what they deserve for killing innocent nigerians that they are suppose to protect.
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by orisa37: 7:27am On Nov 26, 2020
Lekki-shootings-if-happen-again-we-would-act-the-same.

This is very wrong and criminally intended, particularly after Mr. PRESIDENT had declared that he would not accept Buraitai's REQUEST TO DEPLOY SOLDIERS FOR ENDSARS PROTESTS.
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Sunnyja: 7:27am On Nov 26, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
They acted professionally

People keep on posting half truth to destroy the Nigerian army.

We have watched videos upon videos and all the videos showed that the army acted professionally.

Where did you now get your own videos from?! Lai Muhammed said the videos in circulation were sourced from social media.
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by orisa37: 7:30am On Nov 26, 2020
Lekki-shootings-if-happen-again-we-would-act-the-same.

This is very wrong and criminally intended, particularly after Mr. PRESIDENT had declared that he would not accept Buraitai's REQUEST TO DEPLOY SOLDIERS FOR ENDSARS PROTESTS. Doesn't Taiwo get that FACTS?
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by ODVanguard: 7:57am On Nov 26, 2020
IamD18:
Our leaders get away with so much atrocities in this country.

That's why Gowon, Obasanjo, Tinubu and Sanwo Olu are still alive and free.

Omo y.ibo, you think say you wise abi? So according to you, out of all Nigerian leaders/politicians, na only the Yoruba ones and Gowon deserve to be killed huh? Do you people even think before you talk at times? Or is it that you think other Nigerians are fools or something?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Mizfabulous18(f): 8:09am On Nov 26, 2020
SilverNorGold:
I will not forgive this government.. I will not forgive President Mohammadu Buhari until all the fake news purveyors and evil celebrities, whose nefarious activities resulted in the death of innocent people and the destruction of public and private facilities, are brought to book...

The other day, Aisha Yesufu confessed that the ghosts of the people her propaganda killed were cursing her in the Mosque and everywhere she goes.. But that's just the tip of the iceberg compared to the DOOM that will soon befall her and her demonic folks..

President Mohammadu Buhari should bring them all to justice..

#SAYNOTOFAKENEWS
#JUSTICEFORTHEDEAD

#NigeriaMustBeGreatByFireByForce!

God bless Nigeria..
when people don't hv sense or know what to say it best u keep quiet
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by dederocs(m): 8:44am On Nov 26, 2020
TheGift:

Where you expecting things to change overnight?

This is arguably the most successful protest in Nigeria's recent history.

1. The peaceful protesters stood their ground until the government was forced to show their hand full of incompetence and impunity, thereby proving the reason for the protests.

2. SARS has been scrapped

3. CSP James Nwafor the monster overseeing the dreaeded Akwuzu SARS is on the run

4. The Nigerians in Diaspora have been galvanized to fight for Nigeria from outside

5. The Judicial Panel of inquiry is giving many people the opportunity to tell their stories of horror and death in the hands of SARS

6. The Nigerian people, especially the youth have found their voice and they are not cowardly backing down like previous generations

7. The reality of howc@#$%&+/ the m governance is in Nigeria and our very dire situation has been made clear.

8. Nigerians have been organizing relentlessly to ensure that peaceful protesters unjustly arrested and detained during the protests are released, even in the face of impunity. No one is even calking @segalink for that.

9. The UK is having a public hearing on the matter targeted at sanctioning individual leaders who are found wanting.

10. Police Salaries have been increased

11. Nigerian leaders are now living with greater fear of the people

12. Buhari finally came out to read a speech to His people, even though many of us in the end felt it may have been better if He didn't say anything. At least it became clear that we were on our own till 2023.

I can give 12 more reasons why the protest was a success, but let me stop here.

P. S. Those poor souls will only die for nothing if those of us alive say they died for nothing. As for me, their deaths will not be in vain. Say Amen smiley
These young kids are dumb, they forget that things take a bit of time, they seem to be unable to separate the institutions from the politicians and crooks. Most of them are wayward, have no stake in the polity, hence wants it to burn. Acts of lawlessness and wanton violence, must be dealt with decisively, rogues and vagabonds can not determine how we live. Good post bro, we must keep pushing the common sense narrative, cos most of these kids have no basic tuition, training or knowledge of history and things.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by PDJT: 8:45am On Nov 26, 2020
Seun:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/lekki-shootings-if-happen-again-we-would-act-the-same-%e2%80%95-army/

I'm literally speechless. If you thought they lied because they were ashamed of what they did, you were wrong.

Seun, I thought you liked oppression and injustice, considering your tacit support for the continued oppression of Biafrans in Nigeria?

See your shameless write-up pinned on your forum’s front page if in doubt.

The injustice and oppression will reach every goddam person in Nigeria. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Larryjayy: 8:48am On Nov 26, 2020
We have joker's and terrorist as our military personnel
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by dederocs(m): 8:54am On Nov 26, 2020
Sunnyja:
Where did you now get your own videos from?! Lai Muhammed said the videos in circulation were sourced from social media.
Even CNN is using same social media news and views, CNN is a news station and they thrive on sensationalism, this is their business, most of the views they are using is from social media, twitter and facebook, CNN had no reporter on scene that day...CNN destroyed Libya with propaganda, CNN destroyed Syria with their biased reporting, they have thier own interest. The video everyone saw is clear, the army was firing up, to disperse the crowds, any reasonable person seeing the army approaching should have left the scene...what do you want to confront the army for, you are blocking highway, other road users are complaining, no be only you get rights.
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Harrysimon: 8:59am On Nov 26, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

We have watched videos upon videos and all the videos showed that the army acted professionally.

brother do well to think, if your brother or sister was among those souls lost, would you talk like this?

Is that how wicked you can get....
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Harrysimon: 9:00am On Nov 26, 2020
dederocs:

Even CNN is using same social media news and views, CNN is a news station and they thrive on sensationalism, this is their business, most of the views they are using is from social media, twitter and facebook, CNN had no reporter on scene that day...CNN destroyed Libya with propaganda, CNN destroyed Syria with their biased reporting, they have thier own interest. The video everyone saw is clear, the army was firing up, to disperse the crowds, any reasonable person seeing the army approaching should have left the scene...what do you want to confront the army for, you are blocking highway, other road users are complaining, no be only you get rights.
are you saying the massacre was in the best interest or what?
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by dederocs(m): 9:07am On Nov 26, 2020
Harrysimon:

are you saying the massacre was in the best interest or what?
It was not a massacre, massacre is when you go somewhere with the intention of killing scores...check the meaning of massacre
massacre
/ˈmasəkə/
noun
an indiscriminate and brutal slaughter of many people.

In this case only one or two confirmed dead, perhaps by shrapnel, blunt force trauma etc, the intention, i believe is to clear the toll, that was why they were shooting to the skies metres before they approached where the protesters blocked the road...it is not a massacre, this is disinformation by CNN, i know people on scene that day. Watch the video, when the army got to the protesters, they stopped and were shooting to the skies, if they wanted to shoot to kill, they will not need to get so close to them. let us talk objectively, and stop this crowd mentality.
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by Standing5(m): 10:00am On Nov 26, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Did you know his father is the one that ordered the ASABA MASSACRE in 1967?
Somebody shared this post. Wow
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by maste: 10:21am On Nov 26, 2020
See this coward. Just another fool. Boko Haram dey there, killer herdsmen dey their US Navy SEALS enter Nigeria to rescue their kidnapped citizen who you rescue. Mumu people. Shame on you all.
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:30am On Nov 26, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

if it is another entity without FG backing

these evidence is enough to send you to hell already
Nigeria
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo by whiteshark101(m): 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2020
I am still watching this movie and eating my popcorn.���

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

May Day: NLC Rejects 35% Pay Rise, Insists On Living Wage / 18 Out Of 31 Screened Ministerial Nominees Have Been Asked To Take A Bow And Go / State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.