Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences (58433 Views)

Lagos Government Declares A Woman Who Beat A Baby With Rod Wanted / Mary Daniel, Amputee Hawker Didn't Lie Or Fake Her Identity - Lagos Government / Task Force Arrests, Prosecutes 13 "7-up" Workers For Traffic Offence (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by lekki1444: 9:20am On Nov 27, 2020
PeacenLove2:

Why punish a few for the crime thousands more are committing every passing second in Lagos? You need to go out more and see one way driving even in express ways. Yeye dey smell. Shior!
dumbest statement of 2020
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by seunlayi(m): 9:23am On Nov 27, 2020
J111333:
This reminds me of a funny moment sometime ago.
Someone's car was impounded by the cops for something I can't remember now and he was to pay about 3k fine or so.

Dude simple dumped the car on them and bought another car for less than the 3k. cheesy

I feel for these guys though but lawlessness comes with a price.
lol, but bro, this is not a solution in Lagos roads, heavier fine would have been better, the economy and the bad state of our roads here are just something else.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:24am On Nov 27, 2020
TPound:

Because you were born on Monday??

YES
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Biggers82(m): 9:31am On Nov 27, 2020
I you catch person way buy your car just beat am collect your car and go home
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by vonlogon: 9:36am On Nov 27, 2020
DenreleDave:
Haa

This is rubbish.. How can the govt sell sumone car when he is not dead...

This news shud be fake..

Was the owner compensated or he got nothing?

Traffic offense, fine.. But no govt has the right to auction someone's car....

Bcox I disobey traffic law, one govt go kon sell my car... We die there

It's fake. Govt. Can only auction abandoned vehicles na, everybody knows that
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by ghettochild4u(m): 9:38am On Nov 27, 2020
Wicked government.. Always inconveniencing the masses
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by davillian(m): 9:39am On Nov 27, 2020
DenreleDave:
Haa

This news shud be fake..

Me too I dont understand
Everywhere in the world breaking traffic laws doesn't warrant selling of cars...
Fine, licence withdrawal or 3month jail term worst case.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 27, 2020
lekki1444:
didnt you say the white man will never do something like this ? and i am telling you they copied this action from the white man. go to the USA auctioning seized vehicles is huge business for the country. they seize your car and sell it at public auction
I didn't say anything, check my moniker
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by oyeb15: 9:47am On Nov 27, 2020
Wickedness. God will purnish Sanwo Olu and his descendants for this mess under his watch. He and his descendants will never know peace.
And for those who are getting joy from peoples tears, the judgement of God will come upon them and their family.God will bring those pains and tears to their households in thousand folds.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Born2Breed(f): 9:51am On Nov 27, 2020
They are putting the LASTMA official's life at risk.

Imagine a danfo driver knowing fully well that his vehicle will be impounded, and eventually sold if he commits a traffic offense, would rather clear any human on his way in other to escape having his vehicle impounded.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by AK481(m): 10:03am On Nov 27, 2020
a lawyer should be tell me the penalty for following one way as written.

the car owners should come together and sue lastma.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by omotomki: 10:21am On Nov 27, 2020
I think our journalist are not doing their job well, you are reporting a case on a page of newspaper and can't simply find out what the lagos state law states about cars that are seized .it's then,one can know if they were right or not , and then lawyer can challenge the matter .what I think is that cars are not to be auctioned for offences but there is a Grace period for owners to pay fines.if after this period, they can't pay , then the car is auctioned .it is the duty of lawyers to find out these information before presenting information to public, it is afterwards duty of lawyers to take up the case .we have so many lazy journalist and bloggers up and down , peddling unverified news

.quote author=seguno2 post=96485375]

The only way to sanction it is to get the courts involved, up to the Supreme Court if necessary. [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by TPound(m): 10:22am On Nov 27, 2020

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Kosoco(m): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2020
Well your comments hv further exposes you... I won’t reply further because your irrational sense of reasoning is not far from the gvt you condemn.... I just use Ghana as an example because it close to you. I don’t need to inform you where I hv been... to you if you like travel to Mars and back if you spill all this rubbish is those countries you claim to have visited you will sure end in Rehab Home because you are a disaster waiting to Happen. Hv a good day
RomanGreen:

It's appalling how you use Ghana as a yardstick, you haven't travelled like I have dude and in my travels, no civilised country does that....penalties ranges from fines to seizure, jail terms, revoking of licences etc. It's rather zombies like you is the reason why we are in this mess....people who celebrate mediocrity.... Tell me, your politicians who beat traffic and break every known traffic law with their constant blaring siren while on the move....who has punished them, we have had several of these people knock down innocent civilians yet go scot free. You take pleasure in seeing people suffer, where is your humanity if the punishment is not a corrective measure, your politicians loot the national treasure dry, have you held them accountable... It's the common man who struggled to make ends meet that u will face...shameless you. Spare me the garbage you spill and save your yourself the embarrassment, see mumu....Ghana is your abroad...another rotten and corrupt African nation, that's why y'all ain't making no meaningful progress.... Fvck off dumbo
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by efemena5050(m): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2020
DenreleDave:
Haa

This news shud be fake..

be there forming dry malnurished broke lesner till it happen to u ......making mouth
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Fulcrum15: 10:27am On Nov 27, 2020
This is so inhumane.... Kai Nigeria is so bad right now. We have lost our moral compass...
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Kosoco(m): 10:28am On Nov 27, 2020
Someone took One you have a way of Blaming Govt you are very insane bro... do you know how lives have gone in reckless driving. I don’t blame you. Bleep of my comments Sick man
Kosoco:
Well your comments hv further exposes you... I won’t reply further because your irrational sense of reasoning is not far from the gvt you condemn.... I just use Ghana as an example because it close to you. I don’t need to inform you where I hv been... to you if you like travel to Mars and back if you spill all this rubbish is those countries you claim to have visited you will sure end in Rehab Home because you are a disaster waiting to Happen. Hv a good day
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Josywhyte: 10:30am On Nov 27, 2020
U auction their cars because some drove one-way and other traffic related offences. But the government hasn't provided good roads for these motorists. It's very wrong and annoying at the same time. Sanwo-olu should be ashamed of himself for doing this.
If na me dem auction my car like that,the auctioner go see himself inside coke bottle i swear
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by jayjaycee0: 11:02am On Nov 27, 2020
malele:

Tokunbo is 2.6m day what u know bro

For a 2k8 camry... Waoooo this scam on cars is really real
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Yankee101: 11:07am On Nov 27, 2020
The rule should be a minimum bid amount or max, to the car owner as a right of first refusal offer, if unable to meet them move to open bidding
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by 27Pushing30: 11:12am On Nov 27, 2020
Read your comment and tell me if AUCTIONING CARS counts as “blasting” or outright slaughter !

Maybe the people should also start going overboard too

uuzba:

Ok. When politicians fail their promises, we blast them and wish them death. When PHCN fails, we blast them and curse them. People even commit suicide or relocate from Nigeria.
You have a driving licence which authorises you to use the public roads in LEGAL manner, and you REFUSED to do so. And you now want this same government to forgive you?
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by malele(m): 11:15am On Nov 27, 2020
jayjaycee0:

For a 2k8 camry... Waoooo this scam on cars is really real

Dollar is 480$ to 1naira , clearing 35percent.
Even ur 2005 Camry is almost 2m for Tokunbo. But the people that bought those cars in front of there owners are heartless

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by petitejolie(f): 11:15am On Nov 27, 2020
I won't even buy such cars
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Realfrankie(m): 11:18am On Nov 27, 2020
Everybody wanna cashout

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by dederocs(m): 11:22am On Nov 27, 2020
DenreleDave:
Haa

This news shud be fake..

The law is the law, if you die, you die. You should see how some motorists flout traffic laws, using one way on expressway in Lagos, did you notice the crazy hold up one way driving caused in Lagos recently?
law and order must be restored with iron fist. No sane driver will do what will make government impound their cars, the mad ones must be taught a lesson. All over the world, cars are impounded if you break the law that warrants it. In the UK they stop drivers on highway early morning and night at traffic police stops, to check alcohol breath tests. Its about saving lives on the highway and taking mad drivers offthe road.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by malele(m): 11:23am On Nov 27, 2020
When the winners of the bid die due to accident in those cars, they will start abusing God
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by dederocs(m): 11:35am On Nov 27, 2020
AbijaJasi:
Most Lagos traffic problem are caused by lawless drivers. Lagos drivers have to be the worst in the world.
Especially danfo drivers, government should regulate or scrap them.
Danfo drivers should be retrained, and used to run mass transit modern bus transport systems. too many buses on the road, plus the drivers are crazy.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by ppogba: 11:48am On Nov 27, 2020
TPound:

Because you were born on Monday??

That is not his real name.

Monday Osunbor was a gang member of LAWRENCE ANINI.

He was executed with him early nineties.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Wettoid123: 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2020
Lagos is truly Lagos no mans land but this kind of thing cannot happen in benin city.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Dtruthspeaker: 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
uuzba:

You cannot commit offence and tell the judge the punishment to give you. You are not a judge in your own case.
Anything wey, they give you, take am like that.
Next time, don't commit offence.

Okay let me say my own, since they have done this, I will knock down every personnel that is in front of me and burn the car myself, if I was a lagosian.

That's what Danfo drivers did and they left them alone, meanwhile they are the ones causing traffic
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Dtruthspeaker: 12:11pm On Nov 27, 2020
Wettoid123:
Lagos is truly Lagos no mans land but this kind of thing cannot happen in benin city.

For where, dem no go chop bottle?
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2020
in Nigeria drivers ignore traffic lights, zebra crossing, etc is it on our constitution my friend almost got knocked down last week in Owerri... ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manhunt Begins For Lebanese Who Offered To Sell Trafficked Nigerian Lady / Nigerian Stowaways Discovered In UK Oil Tanker / Truck Driver Kills Soldier To Avoid Being Stopped Along Onitsha [graphics Pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.