Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences (58430 Views)

Lagos Government Declares A Woman Who Beat A Baby With Rod Wanted / Mary Daniel, Amputee Hawker Didn't Lie Or Fake Her Identity - Lagos Government / Task Force Arrests, Prosecutes 13 "7-up" Workers For Traffic Offence (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by seguno2: 5:21am On Nov 27, 2020
bendike:

Probably Lagos feels fines have not been effective enough as a deterrent. So they had to go to the extreme to shock the system.

What records on fines are you referring to for making this statement
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by bendike: 5:22am On Nov 27, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

They just need money to recoup what was lost in the end Sars protest.

The road construction going on in Lagos is the major reason people take one way.

The thought of people is that these guys will understand the situation of things, only to be met with a shocker when their vehicles are impounded.

Sometimes, you may not even know that the road is one way. Some offenses should be considered properly before meting out punishment.

This is pure evil and wickedness
I agree with you. Fines, even if a little higher than usual 10k would have been better. Maybe sensitization against traffic infraction and the intended extreme option of seizure and auction should have been done to alert people of the consequences before hand.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:23am On Nov 27, 2020
Homeboiy:
Wahala

That kind thing can pain

For Traffic Offences Government sold person car for Traffic Offences my brothers

WHY IS HEART OF YORUBA MAN SO DARK ?

YORUBAS ARE GENETICALLY SADIST

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by lichocho(m): 5:24am On Nov 27, 2020
jayjaycee0:
This sounds unrealistic. you auctioned a toyota camry 2008 Nigerian used for 1.9m. When tokunbo is just a 100k away. Not everything we see in the news we should believe sometimes. Just being rational
true talk..dis is not possible...in delta someone bought a very good range for 1m..Okada 20k..Camry 300k..so all dis story no add up

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Reallv: 5:25am On Nov 27, 2020
pure wickednesssssssssss
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by RomanGreen: 5:25am On Nov 27, 2020
Raiders:
good. Nigerians are very stubborn and dont like obeying traffic laws. why would a driver drive 'one way'. he could have killed someone

You see eh, there is a reason why the whites keep making more meaningful progress and are more humane....the best form of punishment in other countries has always been fines, jail term or revoking of licence ....bros....seriously how can this action of auctioning peoples cars be good to you, why are we Nigerians so wicked to our fellow common masses yet celebrate our wicked leaders.... A man struggles to buy a car, the govt takes it and auctions it as punishment for breaking traffic rules but when a politician does same..... He goes scot free. May it be unto you as you wish for others....

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Kondomatic(m): 5:27am On Nov 27, 2020
seguno2:

Why waste money sending them to prison for minor traffic offences?
How about doing community service instead?
Is that not a more cost effective option
You're right. Community service is better
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by MusiciansHubNG(m): 5:28am On Nov 27, 2020
AbijaJasi:
Most Lagos traffic problem are caused by lawless drivers. Lagos drivers have to be the worst in the world.

Have you seen warri drivers?
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by orgylover: 5:30am On Nov 27, 2020
if the buyer knows that i won it and stll does this, i swear i go use the bidding money to pay boys to break him 2 legs
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Buharidgeneral: 5:31am On Nov 27, 2020
Salt upon injury
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by RomanGreen: 5:31am On Nov 27, 2020
Kosoco:
Lawlessness hv been in your blood if you condemn this.

Wickedness, envy and jealousy should also run in your blood if you condone this wicked action, what about fines, revoking of licences and short jail terms depending on the severity of the traffic offence.... Well, I do not blame you... You probably do not own a car.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Horlufemi(m): 5:33am On Nov 27, 2020
GerraMeh74:
Then I ask again how do we expect the government to treat us better? The owners of the cars pleaded with people to allow them buy back their cars which fell on deaf ears...... The heart of a Nigerian Man is desperately wicked,and all our political leaders are all products of our disfunctional,cruel,angry,society....

But you know you would have avoided this issues if you didn't ply one way
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Kekekenny(m): 5:34am On Nov 27, 2020
Wicked world!Those business men who bought the cars seeing the rightful owners crying and begging to let them buy their cars back. There is no different between them and car snatcher imaging seeing your fellow human beings crying just to get back his/her property and u turned deaf ear... cool cool nemesis awaiting them peace out

5 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by PuZZyNegro: 5:34am On Nov 27, 2020
bendike:

I agree with you. Fines, even if a little higher than usual 10k would have been better. Maybe sensitization against traffic infraction and the intended extreme option of seizure and auction should have been done to alert people of the consequences before hand.

Hahaha, bro I am not sure you drive in Lagos (no offense intended)

There has never been a time traffic fines are 10k as you put it. Unless you mean small money to settle the enforcers on the road. Once you get to the station, just prepare your pocket.

It has always been 30k, 50k and even 200k.

These guys lack human sympathy. Even if you are dying, they don't care.

God help us

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by thuxzwda1: 5:34am On Nov 27, 2020
iamezekwesiri:

I forgot, it is Nigeria tho.

9ja I hail oo
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by SpaceAngel: 5:34am On Nov 27, 2020
Auctioning vehicles is not good especially considering the current situation in the country. Imagine giving ones car to a mechanic for repair and he disobeys traffic rule and car is auctioned. Sometimes I wonder why those yellow buses seem to be excluded , when they are the main culprits. They drive as if they are owners of the road while the LASTMA officials ignore them but if it's a private vehicle, it's over.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 27, 2020
The owners should agree and proceed to court to challenge the order. I am sure no law gives LASG any right to auction cars for mere traffic offense.
I can assure that if those owners can form a group and contribute at least #50k each and hire a SAN, they will recover their cars or LASG will replace them.

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by OmoManU: 5:34am On Nov 27, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

Do you live in Lagos? Most roads in Lagos are under construction. This is the major reason people take one way right now.

Wickedly, the law enforcement agents will be the one to direct you to follow the one way only to snap your car and block you in front.

Lagos is wicked and cursed

oga forget all that okoto, I live in Lagos and as a matter of fact, I know how much of the city I covered daily. There's no excuse for being lawless, others (millions) that always stays in lane and follows traffic rules are not dumb. Let me give you some very terrible instances, just in front of UBA house on Marina people are taking one way to connect apongbon causing very horrible jams, something they dare not do before endsars or during Fashola tenure. Go to Carter bridge, go on Eko bridge, go to one-way on murtala Mohammed way inward oyigbo in Yaba, go to Eleganza towards VGC. I can name all the potential bottlenecks where those undisciplined animals causes problems for people daily to let you know I am a stakeholder and feel pains first hand.

worse of them is driving against traffic on the narrow murtala bridge at jibowu.

Nigerians don't need soft handling

5 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Thomthom(m): 5:35am On Nov 27, 2020
Inside life, deeper than deeper life.. Though some love this and they clap for the Auction. But for me there should be a fine.. Even Nigerians are Enemy of Nigerians.. I can not buy a car that the Owner is right beside me trying to get back his car... If the owner say, #100,000.. Me na #100,050.. if the owner say 100,100, me Oga Carry your car dey go.. But blacks are very wicked they have no pity and mercy for fellow man.... Before you quote me and tell me it serves the man right for breaking traffic law, Remember that even God gives us 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance to repent. Wickedness Everywhere..

4 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Kosoco(m): 5:35am On Nov 27, 2020
If you need one come along.... Your type is why Nigeria is like this always condemn law put in place to check lawlessness. Come here in Ghana ND Take one way. Guess you hv not leave your vincinity. Smh for the kind of mentality we have in this country.
RomanGreen:

Wickedness, envy and jealousy should also run in your blood if you condone this wicked action, what about fines, revoking of licences and short jail terms depending on the severity of the traffic offence.... Well, I do not blame you... You probably do not own a car.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by InvertedHammer: 5:37am On Nov 27, 2020
/
Very draconian

But that’s what Nigerians need most times because they always claim to be “wise”
/
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by PuZZyNegro: 5:42am On Nov 27, 2020
OmoManU:

oga forget all that okoto, I live in Lagos and as a matter of fact, I know how much of the city I covered daily. There's no excuse for being lawless, others (millions) that always stays in lane and follows traffic rules are not dumb. Let me give you some very terrible instances, just in front of UBA house on Marina people are taking one way to connect apongbon causing very horrible jams, something they dare not do before endsars or during Fashola tenure. Go to Carter bridge, go on Eko bridge, go to one-way on murtala Mohammed way inward oyigbo in Yaba, go to Eleganza towards VGC. I can name all the potential bottlenecks where those undisciplined animals causes problems for people daily to let you know I am a stakeholder and feel pains first hand.

worse of them is driving against traffic on the narrow murtala bridge at jibowu.

Nigerians don't need soft handling

You may want to sound concerned for other road users, but you will agree with me that some one ways are not purposely taken or are taken inevitably.

The current road construction in Lagos increased that.

The law enforcement agents also direct people to take one way.

However you may want to argue it, selling off people's cars is never the best option.

If anyone buys my car, I will track it and steal it.

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by bendike: 5:43am On Nov 27, 2020
seguno2:

What records on fines are you referring to for making this statement
There has been fines, usually 5 to 10k when you appear before a magistrate.
My driver once parked along with others. Our lincence plates were romoved and taken away by these same Lagos tax force people. I went before a judge and he fined me 10k which I paid into alfa betta account before getting my plate back. Other traffic offenders eg one way followers were given 10k fines after pleading guilty. That was 4 years ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by MahatmaGhandi: 5:45am On Nov 27, 2020
There is great wickness in the land. We have a very wicked set of people overseeing the affairs of this country. May God provide us with necessary wisdom to navigate their wiles.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Maghan37: 5:46am On Nov 27, 2020
seguno2:

The only way to sanction it is to get the courts involved, up to the Supreme Court if necessary.
It should not even be sanctioned in the first place by the courts. We already have traffic laws.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by LordErrk: 5:54am On Nov 27, 2020
[quote author=Jagznation post=96485196]This people paid for road worthiness if the road were worthy they wouldn't take one-way....this is barbaric Sanwo olu has failed other states shouldn't emulate this evil.

True. But at the same time they're are not the only ones suffering. Taking one-way can cause serious accidents
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Kehinderichard(m): 5:54am On Nov 27, 2020
Lagos is a lawless state. Iron hands is what we need. I would have suggested crushing of those vehicles.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by bendike: 5:54am On Nov 27, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

Hahaha, bro I am not sure you drive in Lagos (no offense intended)

There has never been a time traffic fines are 10k as you put it. Unless you mean small money to settle the enforcers on the road. Once you get to the station, just prepare your pocket.

It has always been 30k, 50k and even 200k.

These guys lack human sympathy. Even if you are dying, they don't care.

God help us
When you get to station, you settle huge money and go. But if you choose not to settle or the dpo refuses to settle. You will be charged before a magistrate who will most likely fine you.
In most cases now in Lagos, it is usually lasma, tax force that holds you for traffic violations. This is the case with the unfortunate folks that had their cars auctioned. Lastma or tax force will not fine you but your case will be ruled on by a magistrate. Unless you can settle them before your are charged and take your car away. Usually the fine from the magistrate is lower than what you pay to settle law enforcement agents. The only thing is your time wasted.
It has happened to me and I was fined 10k. That was when the tax force was at Alausa behind Shoprite.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Burstscam: 5:55am On Nov 27, 2020
For every action, there is equal and opposite reaction. Same as for every offence: there is equal and opposite punishment. Auctioning a car for traffic offence is neither fair nor just.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by bluecircle470: 5:57am On Nov 27, 2020
DenreleDave:
Haa

This is rubbish.. How can the govt sell sumone car when he is not dead...

This news shud be fake..

Was the owner compensated or he got nothing?

Traffic offense, fine.. But no govt has the right to auction someone's car....

Bcox I disobey traffic law, one govt go kon sell my car... We die there

Nah mouth go finish you.
Government has the right to do and undo
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by jocelala: 5:57am On Nov 27, 2020
This is pure wickedness..,.I don't support this at all
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Oluchia(f): 5:59am On Nov 27, 2020
Nigeria! A country where only the common man suffers. The Nigeria police, army and politicians take one way all the time when there's traffic, and I have never seen anyone arrest them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manhunt Begins For Lebanese Who Offered To Sell Trafficked Nigerian Lady / Nigerian Stowaways Discovered In UK Oil Tanker / Truck Driver Kills Soldier To Avoid Being Stopped Along Onitsha [graphics Pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.