Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,108 members, 7,860,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? (9908 Views)

When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. / This Guy Broke Up With His Abuja Girlfriend & Married A Girl From His Village / Guys, Reasons Why Break Up Might Be A Blessing In Disguise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by LesbianBoy(m): 11:42am On Mar 22, 2011
bhusayor:

undecided undecided undecided

just saw a 2008 thread were you contributed to the thread saying u were a virgin hope ur are still a virgin this 2011 kiss kiss kiss kiss lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Tosinville(m): 11:53am On Mar 22, 2011
I don't even like to contribute to anything bout marriage cos i'm not a married man yet & i don't even think i'm gonna get married sef cos i don't like d stress.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by r231(m): 11:56am On Mar 22, 2011
^^^^what kind of stress?
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by ak47mann(m): 12:13pm On Mar 22, 2011
lesbian boy
AK47 tire for you grin grin grin wetin mrs chima and rikatu are you saying they be man lesbian abi na wetin grin grin grin
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by ak47mann(m): 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2011
blazay
i can see that you are a woman for that matter nice shape and all that tongue tongue tongue why do you want to be a man blazar why some people here in NL are looking for a wify you know grin grin grin grin
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Kashif(m): 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2011
Why do people get married in the first place?
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by wendoworld(m): 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2011
this days,
70% of marriage are curse
20% are blessing
while 10% are yet to decide which way to follow

try spend your time with married men and you will find out that most of them are not really happy been married.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by ak47mann(m): 12:39pm On Mar 22, 2011
offcourse 90% of married men are not happy we all knows that by now just that they cant get out of it like that cool cool shame and all that.
i keep asking the same question why getting marry when in you are not really ready for it? just dont get it undecided undecided some people will say their family pressure them.na you let them cool cool cool
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by r231(m): 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2011
omo see statistics flying all over the place

as if you guys live with all the married couples in the whole world

just cus you know a lot of crackhead dat don't take marriage serious

doesn't mean that the whole world is like dat
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Abayomin70(m): 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2011
marraige am never gona ready for dat
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Tosinville(m): 1:19pm On Mar 22, 2011
Its their mamaz that pressurize some men into marriage just because they wanna see their grand-kids before death but dhat won't happen with me cos i've my own life to live.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Onosy: 1:26pm On Mar 22, 2011
Why do people that are supposed to be matured minded sound like babies here in NL? Why alway make reference to other peoples marriage as the reason for your Inabilities? Before you wrote JAMB i.e. if you when to school, you heard and saw people that failed, right? before you went to school you saw and heard of people that either die before graduation date or drop out or even graduated but with a very poor grade.

Tell me now then why did you go to school amidst all these? To mention but a few.

Never use someone's situation to evaluate yourself because you are not htat person and that person is not you. Also the woman you will marry is not thesame with the one that person married.

@OP: Why not ask your friend first w3hat happened to his electronics and his life before blaming it on marriage. Did he tell you it was his marriage that reduced him?
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Amjustme: 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2011
@Poster;
Marriage is GOD's original plan for mankind, to have a peaceful marriage, you need to have a relationship with GOD first and that is through HIS son JESUS.
Every other thing follows cos its only from HIM you will get the love, joy, peace, patience, wholeness, and every other thing needed for your marriage.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by elod: 1:39pm On Mar 22, 2011
marriage is what you make it, if you want it to be a blessing, it will be and if you want it to be a curse, it will happen likewise. You have to work at it, it involves responsibility, if you are not ready for this , then don't get married. You cannot just take up the title, fold your hands and expect everything to be like before and then blame you spouse for your difficulties. Africans grow up, the world has changed, don't expect your spouse to change, you change, work harder, increase your income, be more tolerant and more focussed. This life is about growth and change, deal with it
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by LesbianBoy(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2011
ak47mann:

lesbian boy
AK47 tire for you grin grin grin wetin mrs chima and rikatu are you saying they be man lesbian abi na wetin grin grin grin

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by skydeexie(m): 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2011
Marriage is a BLESSING and not a Curse
There are different perspectives on Marriage today:
-  The traditional view, that holds the wife and children as properties of the husband
-  Marriage is no longer seen as a lifetime commitment that says 'till death do us part'.
-  Divorce is rampant today because of the "incompatibility" notion of the couples and other factors such as lack of offspring
-  Marriage is seen as a contract and not a Covenant
-  Marriage is no longer held in honour  
Therefore we must recognize that:
1.  Marriage is God's idea and not that of Man - Genesis 2:18
2.  God's plan is for us to carry forth his will and produce Godly offspring from the union - Malachi 2:15
3.  God honours marriage - Christain marraige is a model of the relationship of Christ and the Church - Ephesians 5:21-33
4.  A marriage relationship spells true independence for the husband and wife - Genesis 2:24
5.  Marriage itself is a gift from God - some naturally do not have this gift - I Corinthians 7:7
6.  Children too are a gift from God - the marriage union can stll survive without children - Genesis 2:24; Psalm 127:3
7.  Not being a Christiqan can make our problems more complicated - (I don't mean going to Church or not on Sunday) - I Cor.2:14; Romans 8:9
8.  Remember God hates unfaithfulness to one's spouse and divorce - Malachi 2:16
9.  The first institution that God created was that of Marriage and the Home is the central place in God's plan for Salvation - Deuteronomy 6:6-9
10. Marriage is not solely for sex - remember, 90% of your happiness depends on the choice of your life partner for marriage - Proverbs 18:22
11. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised - Proverbs 31:30
12. Remember, God does not judge by our own standards - Isaiah 55:8-9
13. Marriage depends on God and not us, His purpose for our lives is to prosper us and for us to remain pure - Psalm 119:9, 11; Jeremiah 29:11
14. This world is a preparatory ground for Heaven. Heaven is our goal - Matthew 6:33-34
15. We are created in God's image to serve him and to take care of his creation - Genesis 1:26-28

To build a successful Christian Home or Marriage we MUST follow God's plan.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by 190: 2:04pm On Mar 22, 2011
[size=18pt] ^^^
PASTOR DON SHOW!![/size]

Does it mean MARRIED MEN are not happy

if thats the case i better brace myself FASSSST!!
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by skydeexie(m): 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2011
@ 190, Married men are HAPPY  grin cheesy grin cheesy  IF they follow God's plan.
Anyone can be happy if they follow God's plan!
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by FabulousE1: 2:16pm On Mar 22, 2011
BEFORE MARRIAGE; THERE SHOULD BE LONG-LASTING FRIENDSHIP THAT COMES WITH, 1. LAFFING. 2. CRYINGS, 3. ENOF.F, KINGS( WITH CDS).4. CONSULTATIONS(FROM GOD AND ALL INVOLVED), 5. GETTING EACH OTHER ANGRY ( THIS IS A LONG TEST OF SENSE OF HUMOUR AND LIKE/LOVENESS), 7. EATING AND WINNING TOGETHER, ( TEST OF LEVEL OF FOOD CONSUMPTION,DRUNKENESS), 8, MAKING FRIENDS AND KNOWING ALL FRIENDS AND HANG-OUTS, 9. VISITING FAMILY FRIENDS ( NOT REGULAR), 10. BEING REGULAR TO GOD-LIKE AND CHURCH ACTIVITIES ( TO ASCERTAIN BOTH CLOSENESS TO GOD AND THE THINGS OF GOD), 11. TRY TO STAY APART SOMETIMES( TO TEST THE TIME IN THE RELATIONSHIP).

THESE CAN BE DONE IN 4-5YEARS OF THE RELATIONSHIP B4 GOD INTERVENTION IN THE FINAL MARRIAGE DECISION. AFTER THIS THANK UR GOD U FINDETH A WIFE,
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by 190: 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2011
skydeexie:

@ 190, Married men are HAPPY  grin cheesy grin cheesy  IF they follow God's plan.
Anyone can be happy if they follow God's plan!

I am 20yrs old and im thinking of getting married next year to a 22yr old lady

do u think my marriage would be blessed undecided
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by 190: 2:19pm On Mar 22, 2011
Fabulous E:

BEFORE MARRIAGE; THERE SHOULD BE LONG-LASTING FRIENDSHIP THAT COMES WITH, 1. LAFFING. 2. CRYINGS, 3. ENOF.F, KINGS( WITH CDS).4. CONSULTATIONS(FROM GOD AND ALL INVOLVED), 5. GETTING EACH OTHER ANGRY ( THIS IS A LONG TEST OF SENSE OF HUMOUR AND LIKE/LOVENESS), 7. EATING AND WINNING TOGETHER, ( TEST OF LEVEL OF FOOD CONSUMPTION,DRUNKENESS), 8, MAKING FRIENDS AND KNOWING ALL FRIENDS AND HANG-OUTS, 9. VISITING FAMILY FRIENDS ( NOT REGULAR), 10. BEING REGULAR TO GOD-LIKE AND CHURCH ACTIVITIES ( TO ASCERTAIN BOTH CLOSENESS TO GOD AND THE THINGS OF GOD), 11. TRY TO STAY APART SOMETIMES( TO TEST THE TIME IN THE RELATIONSHIP).

THESE CAN BE DONE IN 4-5YEARS OF THE RELATIONSHIP B4 GOD INTERVENTION IN THE FINAL MARRIAGE DECISION. AFTER THIS THANK your GOD U FINDETH A WIFE,

BEST POST OF THE THREAD SO FAR
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by skydeexie(m): 2:36pm On Mar 22, 2011
Ooops printer's devil! (my mistake)

7.  Not being a Christiqan Christian can make your problems more complicated - (I don't mean going to Church or not on Sunday) - I Cor.2:14; Romans 8:9

190:

I am 20yrs old and im thinking of getting married next year to a 22yr old lady

do u think my marriage would be blessed undecided

Check item Nos.1,2 & 13 in my post:
1.  Marriage is God's idea and not that of Man - Genesis 2:18
2.  God's plan is for us to carry forth his will and produce Godly offspring from the union - Malachi 2:15
13. Marriage depends on God and not us, His purpose for our lives is to prosper us and for us to remain pure - Psalm 119:9, 11; Jeremiah 29:11
Don't start with sex - that is a sure recipe for failure. God will surely bless you if you start with him as the foundation of your relationship.
Seek counselling from your Pastor and parents - watch the age gap though, if your future partner and you are comfortable with it, then
it's ok with me.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by 190: 2:41pm On Mar 22, 2011
^^ But i like sex angry angry
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by misanho: 2:49pm On Mar 22, 2011
its a good thing of course, xcept its not meant 2 b>>> d word of God is Truth,
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by skydeexie(m): 3:01pm On Mar 22, 2011
@ 190
You have to honour God in your personal relationship with him and your future partner, follow God's plan for your life and marriage,
then you can make a success of it. Check carefully, most marriages fail becuase it was not built on God as the foundation. God created
sex and its a good thing. The proper place for sex is ONLY within the confines of marriage. Turning it upside down
is a SURE RECIPE FOR FAILURE. It's probable that the person in question in this 1st post did not start on the right foundation - GOD.
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by 197(f): 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2011
^^ Pastor i understand But what if we find ourselves wanting sex

i keep denying her what if she decides to get it elsewhere angry
undecided
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by MzGreat(f): 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2011
Tosinville:

I don't even like to contribute to anything bout marriage cos i'm not a married man yet & i don't even think i'm gonna get married sef cos i don't like d stress.

fear of the unknown

190::

^^ Pastor i understand But what if we find ourselves wanting sex

i keep denying her what if she decides to get it elsewhere angry
undecided

jamb question
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by 197(f): 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2011
^ back off before i shook bottle in your yash angry angry
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by iyatrustee(f): 3:45pm On Mar 22, 2011
na everyone nyash you wan shook bottle? sad sad
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by HighChief4(m): 3:48pm On Mar 22, 2011
skydeexie:

@ 190
You have to honour God in your personal relationship with him and your future partner, follow God's plan for your life and marriage,
then you can make a success of it. Check carefully, most marriages fail becuase it was not built on God as the foundation. God created
sex and its a good thing. The proper place for sex is ONLY within the confines of marriage. Turning it upside down
is a SURE RECIPE FOR FAILURE. It's probable that the person in question in this 1st post did not start on the right foundation - GOD.

God will surely bless u, I have learnt a lot from you today. Nice 1
Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by 197(f): 4:00pm On Mar 22, 2011
@Iyatrustee

undecided undecided undecided

Re: Getting Married: A Blessing Or A Curse? by iyatrustee(f): 4:03pm On Mar 22, 2011
cool cool cool cool cool cool ;d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Wooing Challenge - SEASON 2 Reloaded [ Men's Final Selection ] / Married Woman Caught Making Love To Gate Man In Hubby's Bedroom / Am I Wicked See What I Did To These Girls(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.