Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? (8146 Views)

Is Love Enough In A Relationship? / Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? / What Keeps Your Relationship Going? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by princedats: 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2012
Believe it or not LOVE is a living thing that grows as human being. The love between our forefathers and mothers is quite different from the modern days
and with no doubts this will continue to change in age.You must understand what the LOVE of modern age wants before it can satisfy you. If it needs money you better do, if it needs time better do to make you happy
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by maclatunji: 4:14pm On Apr 18, 2012
Laila Ikeji: smtimes we mistake love for that good feeling we feel wen we fall in love 'newly' wt smone.
cos wt tym in a relationship, that gooood feeling 'evaporates' and reality sets in.

at that point, you two hav quarrels, disagreements and then whether its true love or not sets in.

love is enough to keep a relationship going because that is what will make you still want your partner after all the quarrels, disagreement. you still appreciate him/her after all the trials life deals both of you.

I agree with most of your post but love by itself is not enough, you need a heavy dose of good sense to go with that 'love' before it becomes 'lost love.'
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2012
Jarus: I believe it is.

I actually think its the batteries upon which a relation survives. . When all else fails as long as the love is still strong, you can both overcome.
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Bisjosh(f): 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2012
NOPE
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Achuamaokwa(m): 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2012
D-sense:
OP.
In every relationship you need this:

Money . . Yeah really need it . .''specially in Nigeria,The girl are always on BB phone'' grin undecided

You need stamina . . . You must be strong and perfect on/in bed.

You need to be a good fighter . . . ''This is if you are living in Nigeria,GUYS always eye your girl,So you get them down''

You need swags . . .Very signaficant!! wink
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by doczero: 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2012
Every other being equal,true love is the only thing that can keep a relationship going. Assuming the man has some means of livelihood and takes care of needs as they arise, things may move on smoothly. But what if the man suddenly loses his means of livelihood. This is where the true love and understanding comes in.For instance, there are five stages in a marriage relationship and for you to wade through them successfuly,what is needed is true love. See the five stages here: www.savetherelationship.co
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Achuamaokwa(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2012
Money is nt essential ingredient in any relationship
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by luckgames(m): 4:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
Achuamaokwa: Money is nt essential ingredient in any relationship

A MAJOR FACTOR
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by cowgurl: 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
Yeah...Why? Because it's the foundation upon which every other thing in the relationship stands. For moi, if it's absent, that relationship is doomed.
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by johnwell(m): 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2012
nurabela: They say ''love is everything'' in a relationship because without it the relationship cannot flourish and be everlasting. Is love enough to keep a relationship going?
. No, trust (sincerity) does. In addition, the foundation of any relationship matters, how did you start also counts.
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by KINGwax(m): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2012
Who will help up preach to these overheated moderators to stop posting dead topics to the front page. Some are as old as some jambites here. Imagine me, a whole me, quoting a dead reply and worst, sometimes, a dead poster!
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Killz1(m): 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2012
N to the[b] O[/b].

Love doesn't pay the bills.
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by lanrock(m): 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2012
I DONT BELIEVE IT IS LOVE. WELL IT MAY BE LOVE BUT THAT WOULD BE IN THE 70s and 80s. BUT THIS MILLENIUM, GUYS, IT IS MONEY. COS THESE LADIES ARE NO MORE IN SURULERE, THEY AV MIGRATED TO OLOHUNSHOGO.[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by rosebaby16: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2012
[color=#006600][/color] money and love go hand to hand in a relationship
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by pendo89(f): 6:53pm On Apr 18, 2012
LOVE IS RESPONSIBLE.
RESPONSIBILITY IS NOT OVERBEARING.
IT IS SHARING AND CARING.
AND THAT APPLIES TO BOTH SEXES.
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by 27naira(m): 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2012
Alexiss: Lol depend on a man to buy me a BB do my manicure and Pedi how contrary ? I am materialistic but not that much!! I drive a hunda accord 2009 I wear my nails plain And i do my hair myself I dont have a BB because i hate them. I studied Cosmetology, Business and i did Science also But my goal is to become a lawyer and that is my main aim right now and you going to classify me with does low class bitch who thinks that Having a BB and getting mani and Pedi every week is everything, your wrong. I depend on no man but if a man want me he must be able to bring something to the table!! A man love a woman who is independent! well i know for a fact that i like a man who is independent too!! If you call that gold digging well screw you, thats just you opinion.

SMH, bi.tches are gonna be bit.ches undecided

@OP,

Love is all you need, the rest can be worked out with perseverance.
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Killz3(m): 6:59pm On Apr 18, 2012
pendo89: LOVE IS RESPONSIBLE.
RESPONSIBILITY IS NOT OVERBEARING.
IT IS SHARING AND CARING.
AND THAT APPLIES TO BOTH SEXES.

And you failed the question. . . grin
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by member479760: 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2012
woman want equal right still want man money, na wa!
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
rosebaby16: [color=#006600][/color] money and love go hand to hand in a relationship
Your relationship you mean?!?
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by iiiyyyk(m): 11:01pm On Apr 18, 2012
never a universal answer. people are different so are priorities.

for some people, love is all and all. even if the other person is starving they are prepared to starve with the person so long as the love is there. a girl in uk once confess of sleeping with the boy friend in his car for two and a half yrs just for love.

on the other hand if a person priority is money, he/she will maintain a relationship even if the other person steals to provide the cash flow.
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Akpan107(m): 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2012
Alexiss: No!!! love is essential it is the main ingredient but it alone wont do, there are many aspect to a relationship. e.g.
Communicating daily and showing affection is one of the things that keeps romance alive
Patient is also important we all have bad days. It happens. When it happens to your spouse, be smart.
Being attentive. Paying attention to the details of life is important. Pick up your own trash ans nothing is wrong with picking up for each other,
Honesty and trust if i can't be honest to my partner and trust him then the relationship will deterioration, it will die.
Without Cooperation and compromise a relationship will never survive even if there is love,
No!! I disagree with you, the only thing that can keep the so call ''love'' going, is when the guy has Money. Their is nothing like love now, as far as the guy has money, then, no probs with the above statement cool
Alexiss: No!!! love is essential it is the main ingredient but it alone wont do, there are many aspect to a relationship. e.g.
Communicating daily and showing affection is one of the things that keeps romance alive
Patient is also important we all have bad days. It happens. When it happens to your spouse, be smart.
Being attentive. Paying attention to the details of life is important. Pick up your own trash ans nothing is wrong with picking up for each other,
Honesty and trust if i can't be honest to my partner and trust him then the relationship will deterioration, it will die.
Without Cooperation and compromise a relationship will never survive even if there is love,
No!! I disagree with you, the only thing that can keep the so call ''love'' going, is when the guy has Money. Their is nothing like love now, as far as the guy has money, then, no probs with the above statement
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Sammyfemy: 12:00am On Apr 19, 2012
Love is totally enough. In love you find forgiveness, tolerance, patience, understanding, kindness. Infact, the first expression of love is giving. If you know what love truely is, it is totally enough. Except you majorly want to remove giving from it and that's no love.
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Nobody: 3:31am On Apr 19, 2012
Seriously speaking, love is not enough, but with money all things are possible.
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by agiboma(f): 4:46am On Apr 19, 2012
No love is not enough
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Sureswilly: 8:24am On Apr 19, 2012
pls Alex, can u expansate on this ur statement

"I just believe that a relationship should be a balance equation",
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by omosexy1: 9:19am On Apr 19, 2012
[quote author=27naira]

SMH, bi.tches are gonna be bit.ches undecided

The content of this post depicts the age of the poster

Our ladies have failed to realized that things cannot remain the same again and the only constant thing is change. @ Alexis If you need a man (except one who is not of this generation) to be your purse, then be prepared to remain single. We don't need ladies who are financially dumb and the only logical reason their brains tells them is SPEND nor do we need to train another man's child and provide for her financially because we are dating. A 21st century lady must be financially savvy, she must show or have the potential of being independent, she must also be goal oriented and forget the fantasies of a prince with bags of money to save her from poverty. And if you subscribe to the thought of a man to wholly and solely take care of you (financially, emotionally, sexually, physically and otherwise) then do not contest for FEMALE equality and empowerment.
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Fejok01(f): 9:23am On Apr 19, 2012
Love is enof to keep any relationship going.When ur love is not attached to ephemerals or mundane things,both of you will be able to weather the storms when they come.Love is enof to keep any relationship going.When ur love is not attached to ephemerals or mundane things,both of you will be able to weather the storms when they come.Love is enof to keep any relationship going.When ur love is not attached to ephemerals or mundane things,both of you will be able to weather the storms when they come.
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by kay9(m): 9:53am On Apr 19, 2012
Alexiss: Lol depend on a man to buy me a BB do my manicure and Pedi how contrary ? I am materialistic but not that much!! I drive a hunda accord 2009 I wear my nails plain And i do my hair myself I dont have a BB because i hate them. I studied Cosmetology, Business and i did Science also But my goal is to become a lawyer and that is my main aim right now and you going to classify me with does low class bitch who thinks that Having a BB and getting mani and Pedi every week is everything, your wrong. I depend on no man but if a man want me he must be able to bring something to the table!! A man love a woman who is independent! well i know for a fact that i like a man who is independent too!! If you call that gold digging well screw you, thats just you opinion.
Will u marry me? Oh please, please, pleeeeeeease marry me!
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 19, 2012
Alexiss: Well basically you want someone who is able to bring something to the table!!

Thats all am saying i want a man who can support me financial not expecting 100% But 50% thats what i believe a relationship is a 50/50 business,

We are married you must be able to bring something to the table not just making babies, Is that too much to ask for?
Did your father not bring something to the table?
Think of what you can contribute and not material benefit to you.
I pity you materialistic woman.
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 19, 2012
In this matter my opinion is that no love can exist when you dont have money, do a research on why most relationship dont last it coz of the lack of finance that is nt there believe me no gal in her right senses would eva think of leaving a guy who is rich,
i promix myself i wil neva apear b4 my inlaws with my barefoot, i can neva bring children to this world to suffer neva, so money first be4 all tinx. Tanx c'iao
Re: Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? by Akpan107(m): 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2012
Alexiss: Well basically you want someone who is able to bring something to the table!!

Thats all am saying i want a man who can support me financial not expecting 100% But 50% thats what i believe a relationship is a 50/50 business,

We are married you must be able to bring something to the table not just making babies, Is that too much to ask for?
Nice comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex / That Nigeria Man Will Never Marry You - A Warning To East African Women / How To Develop The Confidence To Woo Very Pretty Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.