Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. (2728 Views)

Meet The Shuwa Arab Women Of Nigeria (photos) - Most Beautiful Women In Nigeria! / Proud Of Your natural Beauty? Upload Your No Make Up Selfie / TOP 15 "Natural Beauty Goddess" Of Romance Section. ( THE DREAM Girls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by MzGreat(f): 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2011
@misanho, why do many of you guys get carried away with artificial things and you still complain about it
isnt there a problem with your(men) reasoning
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by misanho: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2011
Pretty mzgreat, I don't get carried away by chick/babes/ladies who parade demselves about like masquerades, dey really disgust me, ma afrodisaic= b natural!
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2011
I do wear a bit of make up.

I find nothing wrong with it undecided as long as you don't look like a clown.
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by MzGreat(f): 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2011
rokiatu:

I do wear a bit of make up.

I find nothing wrong with it undecided as long as you don't look like a clown.

ABI O PLS TELLE THEM JARE
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by 197(f): 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2011
rubbish undecided
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 22, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You also not putting all that poo in your head.  Perms, glue, plastic hair, excessive heating, and dye.  You are using natural products and keeping your hair well conditioned that all your hair need.  My friend is a hair stylist and she holds a class every week on hair care to black women.  You will be amaze at how long and healthy the participants hair are.  One lady prior to coming to the class hair was so weak and baldy that it looks like her dog was playing in her hair for a decade.  After six weeks her hair was full and shiny and it was NOT a weave.

Weave isn't the only thing black women are doing to their body either to enhance somewhat beauty or beauty period.  They are wearing fake eyelashes, fake nails, getting injection in their nyansh, getting bosom implants, bleaching their skin, putting blue or green contacts in their eyes, and injecting fat into their lips.  

I also find it funny when I see women go all out to look good and MEN shouting they want a natural woman.  That what you call a big gender communication failure.  

I relax my hair twice a year at most. I can never decide whether I want to transition or not lol. One time I transitioned for 9 months. I still have the pictures (yet to be deleted, burned, thrown out to sea, etc.). Wasn't fun at all. My hair is extremely thick relaxed, so I fear my natural hair. I'll be breaking combs every morning. Anywho, I don't care what people do to their hair, as long as it's theirs lol. I've rinsed my hair black before, but it was temporary.

I don't feel bad for some men though. A lot of them require or desire the impossible in a woman. Slim waist, huge butt, huge bosoms, Barbie figure, etc. Not all women are confident enough to carry themselves as they are. I read an article years ago how it's impossible to have Barbie's figure without having surgery lol.

Confidence is the best beauty cool
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by endmoll(m): 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2011
It has gotten to a point where you wake up in the morning and look at the person by your side and you begin to wonder if it was the same person that you were with in the evening.
Most women now are trying to avoid chemical in there body system by trying to stay natural,i am not saying that make up are not good but try as much as you can to be your self. God has given the African sister what other race are jealous of and we tend to rubbish it for the sake of artificial beauty.
The last time i was in Nigeria and i went to eat at a Calabar joint in ABJ,in my vege soup i found an artificial finger nail in my plate and i was not surprised because of our lack of hygiene and i can't imagine the quantity of fake hair that i had digested in the vege soup. Wish i could go back to the ages of my granny when all they could do was braid or cut there hair and looked wonderful.
I hope and pray that our African Goddesses will begin to realize that they are beautiful without all these artificial syndrome. cool
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 22, 2011
endmoll:

It has gotten to a point where you wake up in the morning and look at the person by your side and you begin to wonder if it was the same person that you were with in the evening.
Most women now are trying to avoid chemical in there body system by trying to stay natural,i am not saying that make up are not good but try as much as you can to be your self. God has given the African sister what other race are jealous of and we tend to rubbish it for the sake of artificial beauty.
The last time i was in Nigeria and i went to eat at a Calabar joint in ABJ,in my vege soup i found an artificial finger nail in my plate and i was not surprised because of our lack of hygiene and[b] i can't imagine the quantity of fake hair that i had digested in the vege soup.[/b] Wish i could go back to the ages of my granny when all they could do was braid or cut there hair and looked wonderful.
I hope and pray that our African Goddesses will begin to realize that they are beautiful without all these artificial syndrome. cool

After finding the artificial finger nail, you still proceeded to eat the soup? shocked
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by Dsense(m): 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2011
OP.
That's where they find their pleasure ,So why not giving them their rights!!!
Though taking it back home ''Nigeria'' the girls base their make ups expenses on their men which is no fair enough . . .Westerners (Women) believe these kinda expenses should be taken care of independently ''I mean from their wages''.
Unfortunately the opposite occurs to most Nigerian girls . . . . .I'm never against Make ups but the way most Nigerian girls take it .
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by endmoll(m): 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2011
ogugua88:

After finding the artificial finger nail, you still proceeded to eat the soup? shocked
[/quot Did you fall down with your head when you were a kid? There is no way i can eat the food with such discovery.
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by BABE3: 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2011
@OP! Theres nothing wrong in looking artificial other than natural. I mean its your choice! But the thing I have a personal problem with is -over-doing the artificial.
I personally think as long as the "artificialness" is enhancing your beauty, and you are not looking like Crayola gang-banged your face, then you are good. grin
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
endmoll:

Did you fall down with your head when you were a kid? There is no way i can eat the food with such discovery.

Small pikin dey flex vex lol. Before asking me such questions, double check whether or not you received your credits in English.

endmoll:

The last time i was in Nigeria and i went to eat at a Calabar joint in ABJ,in my vege soup i found an artificial finger nail in my plate and i was not surprised because of our lack of hygiene and i can't imagine the quantity of fake hair that i had digested in the vege soup.

You implied you ate the food, which is why I asked why you would eat it after finding an artificial nail.
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by 197(f): 9:51pm On Mar 22, 2011
SMH undecided
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by Liss: 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You also not putting all that poo in your head.  Perms, glue, plastic hair, excessive heating, and dye.  You are using natural products and keeping your hair well conditioned that all your hair need.  My friend is a hair stylist and she holds a class every week on hair care to black women.  You will be amaze at how long and healthy the participants hair are.  One lady prior to coming to the class hair was so weak and baldy that it looks like her dog was playing in her hair for a decade.  After six weeks her hair was full and shiny and it was NOT a weave.

I also find it funny when I see women go all out to look good and MEN shouting they want a natural woman.  That what you call a big gender communication failure.  

Lol, Very true talk, or why else would the women increase their artificial level if the men did not wnat it,

You could be dropping us some hair cre tips given by your friend, wink It would go a long way to help the women improve their desire for naturalnesssssss, wink
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by SAGoddess: 7:36am On Mar 23, 2011
Some women have taken the fakeness to the extreme, I think that is what the issue is. . .  .by natural, I don't think we are talking NO make up at all but it must be kept to a minimal and be clean, not be looking like a circus performer, know what colours go with your complexion and so on. . . . . .  .
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by maclatunji: 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2011
@OP, you are absolutely right. I cannot understand how some of those women can come-out in broad daylight with rags on their head. Let me guess, they do it because men who are dumber than dumb keep chasing and following them.
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by Omolola1(f): 3:49pm On Mar 23, 2011
I still don't understand why men would go all the way out to 'toast' dis gurls nd bhav mumu-ish if they re so artificial
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by Atreides(f): 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2011
I think a lot of you women talking about keeping your natural hair,not getting weaves etc aren't in Nigeria.
In Nigeria making attachments/weavons is the norm.
I cut my hair throughout high school(because i didn't have the time to be plaiting it every week). I just started making it this year and the only reason i started was because i was going to Uni and levels don change.
I have braids(attachment) on now and i don't think that makes me fake.
We have to work with what we've got. How many hair-care salons are there that provide some of the alternatives you girls have mentioned? And don't call any of those expensive ones that take 5k to relax your hair because i'm a student and i have better things to do with my 5k.
If i were to go natural;i would either have to cut my hair(which i've been doing for 6 years and i need a change from),or relax it(which makes no sense since my hair's so thick and stubborn i would have to relax it every damn week) or keep a mohawk(after which my father would disown me or hack it all off with a scissors in the middle of the night).
There aren't many options,when you think about it.
In all the years i have spent on this earth,i have never seen anyone in Nigeria with extensions.
I suppose they're there,but i havent seen them.
I'm a natural girl-it's not like i said oh i won't fix nails or wear make-up or whatever-it just sorta works out that way because i don't need that stuff.
I don't fix nails-because i have good nails,and they're naturally white,but what about the person who has horrible nails? If fixing nails makes her feel better about herself then why should i try to take that away from her? As long as it's not those claws,then i have no ish with it.
I never remember to wear make-up,and i can get away with it because i look ok without make-up,but what about the girl who has spots/blemishes/whatever that makes her feel less of herself? If putting on some brown powder and some red lipstick makes feel better about herself and gives her that confidence,why would i begrudge her that?
I don't need fake eyelashes because i've got full eyelashes,but what about the girl whose lashes are scanty? If putting them on makes her feel more powerful and more equipped to take on the world,why would i have a problem with that?(Of course if it enters her eyes when she's on a bike and blinds her,that's her own business).
I don't think in terms of fake or real-i just think everyone should do whatever makes them feel good about themselves. That's not to say all those scary neon eyeshadow/whateverthenameis isn't crazy stuff-everything should be in moderation.
Moderation-That's the key.
*Jay-sus! See long post! It's like i'm competing with Shy-one*
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by Onchedu(m): 8:58pm On Mar 23, 2011
High Definition wash-wash.
Abracadabra wey babes dey do theses days ehn.

There was a time when if U woke up next to a woman & couldn't recognise her it's cos U took too much alcohol the night before. Nowadays U can be completely sober & get the same effect with greater dissimilarities.
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by MrCork17: 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2011
Black womens?  Naturaly Beauty?  which natural beauty?  Weave?

Actualy, the day I ever meet a black woman with real hair, I will sell My 2007 Range Rover sport for free! angry
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 23, 2011
angry
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by MrsChima(f): 10:16pm On Mar 23, 2011
Liss:

Lol,  Very true talk, or why else would the women increase their artificial level if the men did not want it,

You could be dropping us some hair CARE tips given by your friend,  wink It would go a long way to help the women improve their desire for naturalness,  wink

The one tip that my friend ALWAYS stress is that we need to keep our hair MOISTURIZED.  This is for the women of color.  Keeping your hair moisturized is the secret MOST BEAUTICIANS will tell you if they are decent people.  You can not USE WHITE PEOPLE HAIR PRODUCTS ladies.  

Your hair texture is COMPLETELY different from the one that is in the paler color spectrum.  You need to use natural products with NO harsh chemicals.  The chemicals will strip your hair of the NATURAL oil and dry your hair and scalp which causes women to have psoriasis and eczema.  

Olive oil, Shea butter, coco butter, and mango butter are NATURAL hair grease and moisturizer.
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by MrCork17: 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2011
Mrs.Chima. U keep your weave Moistotized with cooking oil? undecided
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by MrsChima(f): 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2011
Hold on. Let me attempt to laugh. I will get back to you on that. (yawns)

Back to topic,

Omoloa, the problem is that men are blindsided by the media and their "homeboys" to what they should expect their women to look like and not knowing that every man has DIFFERENT desires. But unfortunately, that life.
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by MrCork17: 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Hold on.  Let me attempt to laugh.  I will get back to you on that.  (yawns)

Back to topic,

Omoloa, the problem is that men are blindsided by the media and their "homeboys" to what they should expect their women to look like and not knowing that every man has DIFFERENT desires.  But unfortunately, that life. 

Mrs Chima. Madam, But why r u hating becoz u r fat? 

Some guys like fat women. Actualy, Thats y i like u! wink
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2011
grin grin
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by MrsChima(f): 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2011
Mr. Cock,

Can I ask you SERIOUSLY to leave me alone. I am not in the mood today SERIOUSLY.
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by MrCork17: 11:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Mr. Cock,

Can I ask you SERIOUSLY to leave me alone.  I am not in the mood today SERIOUSLY. 

Ok. say it sweeetly nicely! wink
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 23, 2011
*sighs*

NL moderators na wa for una. Banned for no reason [s]and my lenghty post (#51) for atreides' eyes has disappeared into a black hole.[/s] Thank you o!

I don salvage am.

@Atreides, one doesn't have to go to a salon to maintain natural hair or have nice hair. People can self-relax if they choose to. You'd be surprised that I use products in my mom's pantry and prefer them to the stuff I have to buy. And it's not like I buy from here o! Most of the products I get are shipped. Some of the natural products I use? Coconut, jojoba, and olive oils and honey. I'm yet to try avocado although I hear it's a great fortifier.

As for girls with blemishes, spots, etc. Makeup makes them worse. If one have pimples, zits, blackheads, etc., the skin should be clean and clear. Adding makeup only blocks the pores, trapping the rubbish underneath them. If you notice, most times makeup starts very minimal on a person, then gradually it's a lot. Then blemishes appear, and they add more. Then more blemishes appear. Before you know it, the face is caked.

I've only been to a salon six times in my life, and that's usually because my mom is pushing me to go lol. With hair and body maintenance, one needs patience. That's all. You really don't need expensive products to look good. If you buy any kind of product, know what's in it. Very simple.

If I start calling some women lazy, someone go vex today. Why else would they scream when I tell them what I do though? Lol. My hair is long but I put hard work into it. I only do my hair when I have absolutely nothing to do that day. Pre-conditioning is 15-20 minutes, shampooing is 15-20 minutes, conditioning is 30 minutes, rinsing, and then styling if I feel like it. To do all that and flat iron my hair takes like three hours, but then I'm set for the rest of the week. I can literally wake up and go.

Anyway, before I make this post long like your own and Shy-One's lol, I wish more women (and men) were educated on this matter. One time a stylist here told me that cutting your hair makes it grow. I shook my head because she was dead wrong lol. I can't imagine what Nigerian stylists are telling their clients. Now there's internet, so excuses are far and many. That's how I learned to take care of my hair. In fact, anyone that's wondering about hair care should go here: www.longhaircareforum.com. Another great place for tips? Youtube! Everything is literally a click away these days. Our mothers were not as lucky as us lol.

You'd be shocked. Hundreds of African/African-American women with hair to waist or nyansh. Beautiful site.
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by desholah(m): 11:19pm On Mar 23, 2011
Mrs Cork AKA Lesbianboy angry
Re: Vanishing Women Of Natural Beauty. by MrCork17: 11:20pm On Mar 23, 2011
ogugua88 (f) <<<< Most beautiful NAiraland babe EVER (((light babe skin, at last!!!)) wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eww Why Why Why / HELP!!!! Should I End The Relationship Or NOT / Photos: See Cossy Orjiakor's Bo*obs All Over The Place At Yaw’s Commedy Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.