Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Yar'adua Declares His Assets - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Declares His Assets (8799 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Declared Wives Among His Assets....Right Or Wrong? / Breaking: Finally, He Declares His Asset! / Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by 9ja4eva: 8:03am On Jul 01, 2007
Servant president no doubt bt he shld act like one.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by kokoA(m): 8:13am On Jul 01, 2007
sartorius:

grin i knew he would say so, who will ask andy?

Senator Ikechukwu Obiora (PDP, Anambra South) even while expressing his appreciation of the president’s action said public declaration of assets was not his major problem. According to him, he was more worried by the continued detention of Chief Ralph Uwazuruike and other leaders of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) who he said were now critically ill.

Senators divided over Yar’Adua’s assets declaration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/cover/july07/01072007/f301072007.html

Shame on him then.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by Mustay(m): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2007
The guy's a poor man O! Most kowoje governors are richer than him. To doubting thomases, d guy receives salary as a governor, money from well wishers, etc. He's not an extravagant guy so am not suprised he's 'saved' money. Most of our senators get about 2 million just to travel to Lagos from ABUJA and at the end, they don't even travel at all.
Moreover, since YDA disliked the use of generators, he saved fuel money now.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by BabaO2: 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2007
Gents, what a boring issue is this. We don’t pray to be poor in life, everyone is aspiring to make more than this fucking 850m we are making to be an issue rather than posting positive ideas.
It is very easy to make even more than 850m in 2007 if you had 150m in 1999 if you are not a stark illiterate or a fool.
It is irritating to read that some of us are still expecting the man to declare the same 150m he declared in 1999.
For example zenith bank share was about N12 in 2004, now it is more than N66, WAPCO has had more than x8 turnover within short spade of time.
If you know how the economy flows and you move with the right set of forward thinking people, it is possible to make easy genuine money.
The man is only telling us that he wants to work selflessly for Nigeria unlike his predecessors, why all these criticisms. We have been clamoring for a REAL University graduate as our leader, God gave us Umaru Yaradua, He has started making a difference, doing what others cannot or has failed to do.
Please let us be positive about this gentle man for now.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by BabaO2: 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2007
Gents, what a boring issue is this. We don’t pray to be poor in life, everyone is aspiring to make more than this fucking 850m we are making to be an issue rather than posting positive ideas.
It is very easy to make even more than 850m in 2007 if you had 150m in 1999 if you are not a stark illiterate or a fool.
It is irritating to read that some of us are still expecting the man to declare the same 150m he declared in 1999.
For example zenith bank share was about N12 in 2004, now it is more than N66, WAPCO has had more than x8 turnover within short spade of time.

If you know how the economy flows and you move with the right set of forward thinking people, it is possible to make easy genuine money.
The man is only telling us that he wants to work selflessly for Nigeria unlike his predecessors, why all these criticisms. We have been clamoring for a REAL University graduate as our leader, God gave us Umaru Yaradua, He has started making a difference, doing what others cannot or has failed to do.
Please let us be positive about this gentle man for now.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by Mustay(m): 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2007
@ BABA o you're really showin that you're a BABA with experience. I no know why 9jas like to show their knowledge when they so wish. Even when something is true to them, they'll say na lie.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by ezioku(m): 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2007
Wonder-By-Magic: How Yar\\\'adua\\\'s assets declared in 1999 grew by N700 million -Sahara reporters
---------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Please permit me to observe that your questioning of Umaru\\\'s wealth was unfair owing to the fact that his investments over the years such as shares and appreciation of his landed property and also re-investments could even make this investments to increase rapidly. if he was a greedy man. If he had invested some of what he had in the stock market alone dont you think he would have had more than this? Remember NNPC fund invested about 178million in the nineties in first bank and the shares is now worth over 4 billion
Naira.
OBJ had only 20,000 in his account in 1999,now how much is he worth? Anybody who is bringing up all this argument are disgruntled elements,just tell them to declare their assets in public fisrt and you will see them run away double quick time. Some commisioners in Rivers state are worth over 1 billion naira.Did you not hear that someone called a party in Bayelsa not even a Gov or commr a special adviser to celebrate that he has finally joined the club of Billonaires by hitting the 1B naira mark.

Cant you see PDP is not happy? let Jonathan,Obasanjo etc declare we are waiting. Please encourage Yar-Adua it is not easy for him,it took OBJ four years to find his feet. Don\\\'t forget he even knelt down before he could be re-lected. OBJ is an evil man it will not be easy to dislodge him so soon.

Please support Umaru,he is God sent
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by donclemo(m): 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2007
Hey wats up everybody It is not suprising to me that some people are not happy that president Yaradua declared his assets.They are only trying to obey the laws of nature because in this world even if u are a saint there will still be people that will critise you. So fellow members of nairaland dont be suprised about some comments made by some people because the laws of nature has to be obeyed so they are just are a medium to bring the laws of nature into Existence.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by Soundmind(m): 8:44am On Jul 02, 2007
I think the president have done well, though 850m is a hefty sum but almost all past governors looted far in excess of that. Even most PA's to presdo and governors, ministers and board chairman looted up to that. Remember Olabode George and NPA.
I pray that he keep it up.
I pray more for a more human goverment that what Obj gave us.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by londoner: 10:23am On Jul 02, 2007
Its a step in the right direction, politicians in the UK don't even do that, lol

Our new president is the sign of an energing new breed, if he left his state in profit, it also lends to the notion that he is  not the usual Nigerian theif politician. He declared his assets at his own assertion, he really didn't need to do it and I doubt any Nigerian would have complained.

Its understandable that people are skeptical, it has  nothing to do with the man, but its the knee jerk reaction of an abused people, time will tell.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by dandyson1(m): 11:22am On Jul 02, 2007
I feel ashamed of some unproductive mouth running Nigerians, who never appreciate anything that is good.I applaud my president for this bold step by declaring his assets,it is a mark of good intents for us. People should learn to apreciate honesty no matter how little it is, because it is hard to find presently. I strongly believe that YAR-Adua will be better than those greedy leaders we have had in the past.All we should pray is that God should protect him from those whose works are to corrupt good intention ,and not to criticise him,
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by Mosetra(f): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2007
If i have 150m now and someone expects me to to have 1bn after eight years, then that person must be my arch enemy. Jeez! may God forgive all those who derive pleasure in never seeing anything good in Nigeria. Maybe Civil society organizations need to sensitize Nigerians to learn to appreciate whatever steps taken by our leaders that are good. You don't have to mind their political affiliations. Even NLC and ASUU are trying to give this Gentleman a chance! Haba, let us equally give him that chance. When i say "chance", i mean some quality time. We should realize that uneasy lies the head that wears the crown especially a Nigerian crown. Let us remember that Yar' Adua is human and therefore not infallible.

The man has shown beyond doubt that his intentions are good. Let us commend him to God for guidance and direction for the "heart of the king is in the hands of God and He turneth it withersoever He willeth".
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by Mustay(m): 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2007
dandyson1:

I feel ashamed of some unproductive mouth running Nigerians, who never appreciate anything that is good.I applaud my president for this bold step by declaring his assets,it is a mark of good intents for us. People should learn to apreciate honesty no matter how little it is, because it is hard to find presently. I strongly believe that YAR-Adua will be better than those greedy leaders we have had in the past.All we should pray is that God should protect him from those whose works are to corrupt good intention ,and not to criticise him,
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by Mamajama(m): 9:17pm On Jul 02, 2007
Question will he declare his asset when he VAMUS office as well? please all this Na wayo politics. I still applaud him
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by kokoA(m): 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2007
Mamajama:

Question will he declare his asset when he VAMUS office as well? please all this Na wayo politics. I still applaud him

Why not wait till then. You are being unfair to this man. To me Musa is the best thing that have happened to Nigeria since independent. Take it or leave it!
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by Mamajama(m): 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2007
Fine I will give him benefit of a doubt and see. I am still waiting for his policies? Ministers
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by kokoA(m): 9:54pm On Jul 02, 2007
Mamajama:

Fine I will give him benefit of a doubt and see. I am still waiting for his policies? Ministers

Thank you jare! But I must warn you before hand, his first cabinet will not fit into your picture of an ideal cabinet (He will do Ahmodu's and Baba's will first), but I feel he will make proper amendments as time time goes on. Trust me
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by denex: 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2007
@kokoA

There is no time to do anybody's will that will not benefit Nigerians. nigeria has no time to waste. Even OBJ knew that once Yar becomes president, he will not listen to anyone including OBJ himself. That is why he put him there. So the story of first cabinet does not hold.

Thank God we Nigerians are still alive and are beginning to learn how to actively take part in running the government. Any of our Senators or Representatives that approves some "chop and clean mouth" Minister will be recalled.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by kokoA(m): 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2007
denex:

@kokoA

There is no time to do anybody's will that will not benefit Nigerians. nigeria has no time to waste. Even OBJ knew that once Yar becomes president, he will not listen to anyone including OBJ himself. That is why he put him there. So the story of first cabinet does not hold.

Thank God we Nigerians are still alive and are beginning to learn how to actively take part in running the government. Any of our Senators or Representatives that approves some "chop and clean mouth" Minister will be recalled.

You mis-understood me, I never meant Obj directly but the will of PDP as a party. He has to pay those who aided his campaigns all over the country at least for a year.

You are talking about "recall"? LOL. Do you know Athur Nzeribe was recalled during the last senate? But he stayed till the end.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by Pelican(m): 1:57am On Jul 03, 2007
Fellow Nigerians,
(I hope I'm not sounding like those cowboys of yesteryears. God forbid such distractions in my fatherland again!),
much as we have freedom of opinion and expression, it's important that we also note the effect of our contribtutions on the nation as a whole through this forum.

When we make negative comments like some we have read under this topic, we indirectly empower and encourage the evil politicians in our land. Why and how? Because they console themselves by saying,"eat what ever you want to eat, afterall Mr Yaradua wey won do goodman, Nigerians still callam thief" We make the likes of Abacha(if the accusations were true) and most of our politicians saints.

The truth we must understand is that in spite of whatever shortcomings our president may have as a human being, he has shown by his words and actions so far, that he is a noble man and a man of integrity. He is a rare gem to have come out to declare his asset. This singular action, as far as I'm concerned already outweighs the 8yrs noise of Chief Obasanjo against corruption.

If Nigerians still do not see anything good in our presidents action, then even if an angel comes down to rule us, we will never be satisfied. What Yaradua needs now is for all men and women of goodwill, who love this country, to Begin to pray earnestly for him because his action must have already pitched him on the enemy camp against most of the other politicians. I fear for his life, but I pray that God will hearken to the prayers of the many suffering people in Nigeria and see him through.

My dear president, may God help you, grant you the strenght of David and the wisdom of Solomon to lead us aright. Amen.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by 9ja4eva: 2:53am On Jul 03, 2007
Nice
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by ebos(m): 9:35am On Jul 03, 2007
@ pelican

applaud that, If we cannot cherish any good thing, time will come when our future leaders will say,"afterall Yaradua tried to do good but they failed to appreciate it, so no need trying to please Nigerians, cos they will not value it."
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by angel101(f): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2007
come to think of it N850m is just over £3m thats no too much for a biz man
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by azorjiu(m): 11:26am On Jul 03, 2007
Pelican:

Fellow Nigerians,
(I hope I'm not sounding like those cowboys of yesteryears. God forbid such distractions in my fatherland again!),
much as we have freedom of opinion and expression, it's important that we also note the effect of our contribtutions on the nation as a whole through this forum.

When we make negative comments like some we have read under this topic, we indirectly empower and encourage the evil politicians in our land. Why and how? Because they console themselves by saying,"eat what ever you want to eat, afterall Mr Yaradua wey won do goodman, Nigerians still callam thief" We make the likes of Abacha(if the accusations were true) and most of our politicians saints.

The truth we must understand is that in spite of whatever shortcomings our president may have as a human being, he has shown by his words and actions so far, that he is a noble man and a man of integrity. He is a rare gem to have come out to declare his asset. This singular action, as far as I'm concerned already outweighs the 8yrs noise of Chief Obasanjo against corruption.

If Nigerians still do not see anything good in our presidents action, then even if an angel comes down to rule us, we will never be satisfied. What Yaradua needs now is for all men and women of goodwill, who love this country, to Begin to pray earnestly for him because his action must have already pitched him on the enemy camp against most of the other politicians. I fear for his life, but I pray that God will hearken to the prayers of the many suffering people in Nigeria and see him through.

My dear president, may God help you, grant you the strenght of David and the wisdom of Solomon to lead us aright. Amen.

My sentiments. A little wariness does not hurt though.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by denex: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2007
Its the new aunty-corruption slogan in Nigeria:

IF YOU DO BAD, YOU MAY BE PUNISHED. IF YOU DO GOOD, YOU WILL BE PUNISHED.

I have said it before in this forum that even if God should come down to rule this country, he will regret.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by denex: 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2007
Its the new aunty-corruption slogan in Nigeria:

IF YOU DO BAD, YOU MAY BE PUNISHED. IF YOU DO GOOD, YOU WILL BE PUNISHED.

I have said it before in this forum that even if God should come down to rule this country, he will regret.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by naijabands(m): 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2007
True or false, the guy has declared his assets; let others follow suit,, THEN we start to check which don't tally. grin
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by omowhyou(m): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2007
The man said it from the beginning and he did it. That show he is a man of his word. But, if he still has some other coins stashed somewhere in his Geepee tank, make we no blame am o!
It a good beginning and i will also encourage our past leader to do like wise.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by Mustay(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2007
angel101:

come to think of it N850m is just over £3m thats no too much for a biz man

that can hardly buy football playrs
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by moondust(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2007
The part he chooses to disclose to us. just great! undecided
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by awa(m): 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2007
He has some questions to answer Us Nigerian. How did he made all this monies? Just only one person.
Re: Yar'adua Declares His Assets by Mustay(m): 4:12am On Jul 04, 2007
awa:

He has some questions to answer Us Nigerian. How did he made all this monies? Just only one person.

aso villa no far

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers Elders Allege Plot To Shift Results Collation To April 2 / 2023: PDP Appoints Adeleke As South West Campaign Coordinator For Atiku / FG Requires $166bn To Meet Nigeria's Transport And Energy Needs – Rotimi Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.