Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

What To Do When Your Parents Love Your Other Sibling(s) More Than You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do When Your Parents Love Your Other Sibling(s) More Than You? (2975 Views)

What Will You Do If You Find Out Your Spouse Is Having Sex With Your Sibling? / Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? / Sibling(s)/partner Character Traits That Pisses You Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When Your Parents Love Your Other Sibling(s) More Than You? by nurabela: 6:08am On Mar 22, 2011
What do you do when your parents love you other sibling(s) more than you and it is very obvious? It may seem like I am exaggerating but it is very obvious in some families.
Re: What To Do When Your Parents Love Your Other Sibling(s) More Than You? by Pweety4me(f): 6:11am On Mar 22, 2011
Family board!
Re: What To Do When Your Parents Love Your Other Sibling(s) More Than You? by MrsChima(f): 6:11am On Mar 22, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

nurabela:

What do you do when your parents love you other sibling(s) more than you and it is very obvious? It may seem like I am exaggerating but it is very obvious in some families.
Re: What To Do When Your Parents Love Your Other Sibling(s) More Than You? by Realtechie: 6:21am On Mar 22, 2011
You need to see therapist or psychologist to check your character. You may be doing something very wrong

See a shrink cheesy
Re: What To Do When Your Parents Love Your Other Sibling(s) More Than You? by Knight1(m): 7:47am On Mar 22, 2011
Well, nothing really. MOst likely they are EXPRESSING IT MORE to the other sibling rather than loving you less. just live a good life, be a good person and strive for excellence.
Re: What To Do When Your Parents Love Your Other Sibling(s) More Than You? by Blazay(m): 11:48am On Mar 22, 2011
Be happy for them of course! cool
Only polygamous homes suffer such. As in kpe one man loves one woman more than "others"!
The children are more favored than the those from the women with sour poohsies! kiss

Tenk Godioh!
I did not have such parents.
Mwaaaaaaaah!!!
Every one wuz special! cool
Re: What To Do When Your Parents Love Your Other Sibling(s) More Than You? by ifyalways(f): 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2011
nurabela:

Is this abt you and how OLD are you?
What is there to be envious of?xmass dress,cakes and chocolates,mama's bosom,special attention etc?

I don't expect any grown up to ask such question sha,any adult that feels unloved owes himself the duty of seeking for love outside. . . he or she wud be pleasantly surprised to realize that nothing beats familial bonds/love,no matter how unloved u may think you are,aside your self,the next[b] realest[/b] love you wud get is from your family.BTW,love comes from inside . . .If you don't love yourself,there is no way you wud believe anyone else does.

If its a child anyway . . .he or she wud understand when s/he becomes an adult.
Parents can help curtail sibling rivalry by ;
Not getting involved when there is a fight,come in only If there is danger of physical harm,
As much as possible,let the kids settle their disputes themselves.
Be and stay proactive.
Try as much as possible to give the children space and time to play alone or do whatever alone.The aim is to imbibe in them the ability to be and feel whole and happy even with no one around you.
If they frequently fight over the same things (eg video games ,TV remote), post a schedule showing which child owns that item at what times during the week but if they keep fighting about it, take the prize away altogether.
Re: What To Do When Your Parents Love Your Other Sibling(s) More Than You? by iice(f): 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
Rofl ify @ xmas clothes. I agree with your post.

Anyway, favoritism is human nature.
The first boy in my family is the favorite and to that i say Thank goodness! grin
Parental bugging my peace about this that, that this is not my cup of tea. . .better someone else enjoy that.

(1) (Reply)

What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child / Who Will Come First In Your Life Out Of These Four Ladies / My Kind Of Mother Inlaw! 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.