Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child (2974 Views)

11 Life Leasons I Wish My Dad Had Taught Me When I Was Younger / Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church / Real Dad Had Raped Her Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by mumumugu(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
What if your dad had a secret child?

My friend's family has been going through a really delicate situation. His parents have been married for 22 years. His father, who is 49, had cancer and he was pratically terminal at a time. Everyone thought he would die.
So, when he felt really bad, he decided to tell everyone he had two secret sons, one of them exactly my friend's age. He had the other with a woman who had been a maid at their house and he paid her a large amount of money to keep her mouth shut. He has been supporting the kids throughout all this time.

Everyone was shocked but his wife continued to take care of him and so did everyone.because, well, he would die.

The problem is that, he improve from , cancer last week. It went into absolute remission. No one was expecting that.he would be healthy again.

Now everything is really awkward. My friend's mother doesn't speak to his father and she actually went to live in another house for some time.
My friend spends half of the time in my house. He sleeps and eat with us. He hates any discussion about his dad and doesnt trust him.

How would you react?
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by Stegomiah: 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2013
Creating so much fuss about it won't solve the matter, the man made a mistake, and not revealing it for that long is another mistake which hurts, but there is nothing you can do about it, just move on, learn to L♥√ع the children and forgive your dad. Don't let anger becloud your judgement, the deed has been done several years ago, but you can't change the fact, just accept it and move on. My take dough!
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2013
At least the man confessed while he was still alive. The most annoying ones are the ones where they have no clue whatsoever till the second family shows up for the man's burial! Chei! Very painful because the wife would have been denied the pleasure of dumping his trifling arse!

As for the children, yea, you feel hurt and deceived initially but you have to eventually move on as long as he has been a good father all along.

With the maid though? Tufiakwa!
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by Garrithe1st: 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ojukwu had a secret child from an Aboki-Lady...

Heaven didn't fall....

Thank you....

grin
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by homesteady(m): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
Emm!! As for me oh!! I'll be shocked at 1st, but within 2minutes I'll be over the shock! Nothing can be done, the deed is already done!
If the child is a girl, I'll be very happy, because I don't have a sister, so she'll be my 1st and only sister! If the child is a boy, Emmm!! I'll still be happy oh! But I'll just be hoping that he doesn't have some very stupid annoying behaviours!
But if the mother is our maid or anybody I know! Then I'll hate her and her children for ever
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by mysticgal(f): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
i would love to see such kidembarassed
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by Stegomiah: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
ileobatojo: At least the man confessed while he was still alive. The most annoying ones are the ones where they have no clue whatsoever till the second family shows up for the man's burial! Chei! Very painful because the wife would have been denied the pleasure of dumping his trifling arse!

As for the children, yea, you feel hurt and deceived initially but you have to eventually move on as long as he has been a good father all along.

With the maid though? Tufiakwa!

Exactly my point, the man confessed before he dies, probably due to the fact that he knows death is looming. I remembered the case of former GTB bank manager and founder, now dead dough, MR. Tayo Aderinokun. He was like the perfect husband, father and boss while he was yet alive, indeed he was a role model and was very successful, but in death, it was revealed he fathered a child, his wife and xhildren never knew about, i am very sure the woman (his wife) would wish she can wake him up and ask some questions, she was greatly agrieved then, it was a bitter pill for her to swallow...

Guess, your friend and his family should be glad that he revealed it to them, embrace d ugly truth, L♥√ع your new step family and move on, you never can tell what the child(ren) will be in future. A mistake is a mistake, but some men can be wicked!
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
mysticgal: i would love to see such kidembarassed

Me too .. Preferably girl
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
I won't be shocked,i ll only feel sorry for his wife who ll bear the brunt of his indiscretion.
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by EfemenaXY: 8:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
What's done is done.

Shouting, yelling, scheming and plotting won't change a thing. Best to deal with it and move on. Besides, what's the point in hating the children? They are innocent and didn't ask to be born, did they?

The main issue here is that the man should find a way of 'apologizing' to his wife. A bitter pill for her to swallow, but hey, that's life.
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
^^ how are you. Everybody settled in school? smiley
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by EfemenaXY: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
jidegirl12: ^^ how are you. Everybody settled in school? smiley

I'm fine dear. Yeah, they're settling in nicely. Just taking a quick break from never-ending homework et al - miss the summer holiday though.

How're you and yours? smiley

1 Like

Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by ciphoenix: 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
Always wanted a sister
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by biolabee(m): 6:33am On Sep 09, 2013
Is this true about tayo aderinokun or it's just a rumour ....
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by mumumugu(m): 4:11am On Sep 10, 2013
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by okpanachil: 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
About Tayo I don't think dats true though I can't say I followed tru wit the events during his death but I knw he took a second wife sometime in 2008 and it was reported in d dailies.That woman I think was d one wit d infant @ d burial so I don't think his relationship wit d woman was so much of a secret
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by biolabee(m): 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
okpanachil: About Tayo I don't think dats true though I can't say I followed tru wit the events during his death but I knw he took a second wife sometime in 2008 and it was reported in d dailies.That woman I think was d one wit d infant @ d burial so I don't think his relationship wit d woman was so much of a secret

Interesting.....
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 11, 2013
Knowing about my Dad's secret child before or after his death won't make me feel bad one bit. I would have been so hurt when I was quite younger but now, who cares? The revelation will add little or nothing to me.
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by mumumugu(m): 11:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by Woged2005(f): 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
Honestly, in Africa i feel when there's an issue we chase shadows; we shoot water at the flame and not the source. The question obviously is why do we have 'secret kids in Nigeria? Why is it possible to hide a child/pregnancy in Nigeria and not in USA or UK?
1. In Nigeria everyone is too 'holy', too religious to accept a pregnant out-of-wedlock lady and her child. Therefore they hide them.

2. In Nigeria, we are too naive to accept that marital unfaithfulness is not only limited to drunkards and rascals. Even the pastors, Imams, and white-collar professionals play 'away matches' and when such people 'score goal', unlike the rascals, they're often too ashamed to own up.

3. The Child support system is not enforced. If it is, honestly most men will either zip up or pay up, because making a child = paying money

4. We are too religious to give attention to s*x education for teenagers. They easily get pregnant

5. Nigerians raise their daughters to be too dependent and too needy because they are women and should be pitied. It's a male-dominated world, where a woman would do anything to get support from a man even if it means having unprotected s*x with a married man, multiple abortions, and having secret babies. As long as a man gives them money to buy weave-ons, dresses and matching shoes and bags, they will do anything to please him. Even the so-called professional ladies working in banks and offices act so needy, not any different from schoolgirls - poor value system!

If you address these issues above, then every child should have a mom and dad. There's no unwanted and secret child. If you make a baby, he/she is your legitimate child. Period! Any woman who get's pregnant for man should not agree to be short-changed bc the man is married. Expose the pregnancy and secure a future for your child...don't abort or live in secrecy.

For me I will get over the shock and accept the reality that I have a half-brother/sister.
Re: What If Your Dad Had A Secret Child by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 21, 2015
In my eyes, there is no redemption. He informed his wife and child on his supposed deathbed in an effort to...?? Absolve himself? He's only a notch above men who die without having said a word at all, leaving their family families to deal with the added surprise of their life-long inadequacy & deception amidst the grief.

Putting myself in this scenario is insulting. If this were to happen in some alternate universe, I wouldn't want anything to do with it, period.

(1) (Reply)

Debrief08, Please Dont Go. Please Come Back. / My Kind Of Mother Inlaw! 2 / Just Been Married For 7 Months Wife Files For Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.