Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,031 members, 7,953,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:43 AM

‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister (45962 Views)

President Buhari Sacks Saleh Mamman and Sabo Nanono As Ministers / Sabo Nanono Marries 18-Year-Old Rakiya In Secret Wedding (Photo) / Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:28am On Nov 29, 2020
Oksman:

Add FG to reopen Nigeria’s land borders soon- Osinbajo
Business day 28/09/2020.

It's obvious this guy's don't understand the economic implications of this archaic 'bole kaja' economics. The conflicting policy statements coming out from highly placed govt. officials portays incoherence and confusion.
Reality is the agric minister is playing to populism. He said that in the presence of farmers.
On the other hand, Osinbajo and Zainab have seen firsthand the effects of the border closure on the economy as Minister of finance and chairman of NEC. But I doubt either of them can muster the courage to tell Buhari the truth. Hence you see the agric minister saying his with full confidence.
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:32am On Nov 29, 2020
blacknp:
How can Nigerians be hungry, when we have such a young generation, with arable land everywhere? Buhari was spot on, Lazy Youths they want their parents to go the farm, whilst they do wayo wayo yahoo.

The land na free??, transport for them to go there ko, money to buy the seeds, the fertilizers ko, try get sense, person never chop 3 square me, na farm e go think of?, dash people land, and give them 100k, and see if they won’t work on the farm. We have the man power but no resources. TRY GET SENSE, no be everything them Dey criticize.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Okoroawusa: 11:34am On Nov 29, 2020
persius555:

There's no misinformation in what he said. Tell communist party in China to close their border and see if the world's largest population will not implode in a month.

China is not totally self sufficient. It only ensures its trade balance is tilted in its favour.I doubt if China can take the Mao approach again.
China presently operate and economy that's more capitalist than the American economy. This is contrary to what we are made to believe in conventional social media.

The level and pace of adaption of technology in China is way higher than the west, especially America. What it lacks is the freedom to air your speech.
China is not comfortable with enormous influence that the west wields in mainstream media.
Chairman Mao laid the foundation for the modern China we see today. He was trying to take that achievement away from Mao that was why I quoted him.

China can practice the mixtures of any economies they like as long as they are free from the bullying of the West that it has used to hold other parts of the world down.
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Yujin(m): 11:35am On Nov 29, 2020
chozzy:
Land boarders will reopen
soon - Fin Minister

Boarders will remain closed and keys thrown into
the lagoon - Agric Minister

Lol ... Buhari and his confused charlatans
You must read between the lines. The Agric minister said it with a touch of malice and believe me, that's the conclusion of the infamous cabal. Southern politicians are foolish and have all lost any regard from their Fulani counterparts. We shall see how it will end.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Oizee(f): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2020
Hmmmm! Blacknp finally meet his match, he can't even quote anymore. May God bless us with brain that wl b used positively. I learned Chinese history today
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Osyxcel(m): 11:42am On Nov 29, 2020
Farmers are being killed and farmlands destroyed, yet you insist on closing border. Na famine una dey write letter to.

Well, I heard there's no real border closure in the North.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by tonyson010(m): 11:44am On Nov 29, 2020
blacknp:
China sacrificed under Chairman Mao (Mao Zedong), now they are reaping the sacrifice, no Nigerian generation wants to sacrifice, they just want to enjoy, you don’t plant anything but you want to eat cheap rice, you didn’t build any power transmission stations & lines, but you want to have electricity? even the price of ordinary garri will triple despite all the cassava we have in Nigeria, they will be quick to blame the president.

China is still importing agricultural products. In fact I know of someone who is exporting maize from here in Nigeria to China.
You don't shut urself down the way Nigeria is doing.

Just as you noted, Nigeria is not producing much nor have good storage facility for perishables. Example is tomato paste that we rely on import.
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Oksman(m): 11:46am On Nov 29, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Reality is the agric minister is playing to populism. He said that in the presence ofarmers.
On the other hand, Osinbajo and Zainab have seen firsthand the effects of the border closure on the economy as Minister of finance and chairman of NEC. But I doubt either of them can muster the courage to tell Buhari the truth. Hence you see the agric minister saying his with full confidence.

This is terrible for the chaiman of NEC to make a critical policy statement having reviewed the various reports on his table from different coordinating units, only for a minister who is beneath him to come out and make such foolish statement without minding the economic consequence of his comment on the monetary policy framework of the government. This is not how to run a system. How I wish ...........
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:53am On Nov 29, 2020
Oksman:

This is terrible for the chaiman of NEC to make a critical policy statement having reviewed the various reports on his table from different coordinating units, only for a minister who is beneath him to come out and make such foolish statement without minding the economic consequence of his comment on the monetary policy framework of the government. This is not how to run a system. How I wish ...........

Lol. That's one of the ills of the presidential system. The man knows Osinbajo is just a coordinator in the larger scheme of things. Does the man even understand monetary policy? Don't be surprised. Those benefitting from this closure are not even the lowly farmers but the middlemen. A paddy of rice is still sold for 10k per bag. It's the middlemen who serve as off-takers and millers that have made the refined rice to hit 25k per bag. In the interior, you can get a mudu of rice for 400 which translates to 12k per bag while by the time the middlemen by it and bag it, the price jumps to 20k. The problem is most of those farmers are limited in their movement and thus it's the middlemen who distribute to the major markets.
So you can see where the fraud and wickedness is coming from.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Anaerobi(m): 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2020
before I use to believe that na all of us go suffer am. but now I don't ... take a look at this... a northern man can use 300 to cook soup... coupled with cheap food stuff in North .. if u are from South or east, tell me the soup u can cook with 1000 and it will still taste as u want?
So God should help us
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by ChoCho54(f): 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2020
sharpchap:
NNE majority of people are hungry ooooo. As in three quarters. That is a dangerous situation. Just because a policy favours us or doesn't affect us does not make it right/correct. . These people are just starving the south and allowing the northern farmers to cash out.
It was sarcasm for the zombie I quoted

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Daniel058(m): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2020
Moferere:

You are an illiterate and a liar.

Tell me anywhere in Nigeria where farmers farm peacefully in Nigeria since 2017.

Just yesterday, some farmers were killed in Borno.

Killing farmers is a recurrence decimal in Benue.

Raping farmers is frequent in Enugu, Ondo, Ekiti, is that how farmers are remembered
oga Calm down Fulani are not everywhere . They dare my community and they see the reasons Never to try it again, the way compounds are spaced here ... there is no way you will attack and run away . I don't live in North , I live in eastern part of NIGERIA.

When I said that farmers are remembered, I said in terms of how Much profit they make from farm products. Farmers suffers a lot at the end they Make little profit but now profit na YAKATA! grin

Anybody is free to become a farmer.

Why would you be excelling in your OWN business and want others to be suffering in vain?
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Daniel058(m): 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
Moferere:

Ebonyi & Lagos, na dia dem burn houses pass
that's what you read in the internet.isnt it ? grin
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Daniel058(m): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
Korllami007:

And as well as killing them like Christmas chicken in benue, sokoto, katsina, and recently borno. And some farmers are also paying money to bandits in order to harvest their crops.

Buhari government really recognize them by killing them and making their lives hard.

Am only talking about cost of farm products.

Am not A Buhari supporter.and those States you mentioned made sure this Government was voted In
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by calabardick(m): 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
A cow heading agriculture
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Xisnin(m): 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
blacknp:
Zombie how many Parties have ruled China since they drove the Nationalist Party to Taiwan, the communist party of China base their ideology on long term planning, Chairman Mao was the Agriculture revolution,
What a joke! grin grin grin
Party don't rule China, people do. I know it is confusing to plain folks but it is not that complicated. The party name is irrelevant,
it is what they do that matters. If Mao didn't die, China will be poorer than North Korea.

Chairman said it, a few have to die for the future of the country, & that is why China, is China today, a generation sacrificed when the world was laughing at them, you want to enjoy in Nigeria you don’t want to sacrifice, ordinary 30 kobo increase in pms, it would be like the world has come to an end.
30 million a few? Hitler also sacrificed a few, so is Shekau currently doing. Development does not require killing. Get that into your skull.
Let me kill some of you so we can develop. Nothing can be crazier

China cannot feed itself? Have you lived in China, or you watched it on CGTN?
I now see where you are coming from, some channels have been playing with your head.
Mao killed 30 million people so China can produce its own food, today China is the largest food importer in the world.
Mao was such a failure.

Yesterday on CNN I believe I saw the Mayor of Houston, complaining that many people in his city had nothing to eat on thanksgiving, I believe also The United States that can go to the moon, cannot feed its people?
I see you also have a comprehension issue. Don't just watch news, also think about what they mean. Did the mayor tell you there was no food in the market for people to buy?

American farmers produce too much food that ends up being destroyed every year. That mayor is calling for free food but you couldn't see it because you were carried away by flashy images and emotions.

The greatest repudiation of Mao's foolishness is that Taiwan didn't kill millions but today, Taiwan is twice as rich as China. Mao was the greatest disaster to befall China.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Xisnin(m): 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Please don't air this opinion in China. Stop listening to Western media and historians
Take your own advice. Mao was the greatest calamity to befall China. The development of Taiwan clearly shows that you don't need to kill millions to develop, in fact, killing slows down development.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
ChoCho54:
Speak for yourself. Not everyone is hungry.

More than half of the population is hungry

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Pecuman: 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2020
blacknp:
Zombie how many Parties have ruled China since they drove the Nationalist Party to Taiwan, the communist party of China base their ideology on long term planning, Chairman Mao was the Agriculture revolution, Chairman said it, a few have to die for the future of the country, & that is why China, is China today, a generation sacrificed when the world was laughing at them, you want to enjoy in Nigeria you don’t want to sacrifice, ordinary 30 kobo increase in pms, it would be like the world has come to an end. China cannot feed itself? Have you lived in China, or you watched it on CGTN?

Yesterday on CNN I believe I saw the Mayor of Houston, complaining that many people in his city had nothing to eat on thanksgiving, I believe also The United States that can go to the moon, cannot feed its people?

Mao's Policies were mostly failures. The reason China didn't collapse like the USSR is that people that followed after Mao like Deng Xiaoping were practical and not obsessed with stupid Marxist ideals
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by capitalzero: 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2020
blacknp:
Mumu UN?

China will refuse to give up the “special and differential treatment” it enjoys as a developing nation at the World Trade Organisation, in a rebuke to a US proposal that would pare back the privileges China and other nations enjoy on trade. China is categorised as a developing country at the Geneva-based institution, which affords it “special and differential treatment”.

This enables China to provide subsidies in agriculture and set higher barriers to market entry than more developed economies. The dispute reflects a fundamental divide within the WTO that has threatened the future of the global multilateral trading system. The United States has long complained that too many WTO members – about two-thirds – define themselves as developing countries to take advantage of the terms the status permits them to trade under.

However countries such as China and India insist that the preferential treatment is an important cornerstone of the global trading system. Despite being the world’s second-largest economy and its biggest exporter, Beijing continues to label itself as “the world’s largest developing country.

China is still a developing. Her large economy is due to her huge population . Yes,population economy. Hungry China is not good for the world.
How many modern inventions can you attribute to Chinese.? Might not be up to 5.
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Babaken(m): 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
Confused set of people who are we going to believe now.
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by just2endowed: 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
FerdinandAbah:
Closed for business but open to aliens and bandits.

No, it's the southern border that's closed. There are still foreigh rice being smuggled into the country
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Moferere: 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2020
Daniel058:
oga Calm down Fulani are not everywhere . They dare my community and they see the reasons Never to try it again, the way compounds are spaced here ... there is no way you will attack and run away . I don't live in North , I live in eastern part of NIGERIA.

When I said that farmers are remembered, I said in terms of how Much profit they make from farm products. Farmers suffers a lot at the end they Make little profit but now profit na YAKATA! grin

Anybody is free to become a farmer.

Why would you be excelling in your OWN business and want others to be suffering in vain?

What is the profit?

How much is a bag of poultry feed + that of fish feed?
I am into those ones so I can talk about that one.

Are you still arguing that farmers smile to the bank?

I have talked about crop farmers and now I used myself, a poultry and fish farmer as an example.
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Alennsar(f): 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nigerians are really in trouble. We are not producing enough in this country yet the little we are able to farm is been eaten by the fulani cows and most farmers are helpless.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by HRMK: 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
9JA BORDERS GET LOCK?DE THING WEY DEY POROUS LIKE WATER......YEYE!
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by aribisala0(m): 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2020
Moferere:
Nanono is a good example of illiterates in power.

No country has ever survived by practicing autarky.

China practiced it, hunger nearly killed them.

Before you attack me, please read about Great Leap Forward 1958 - 1962

The hunger that will deal with Nigerians is waiting for them.

You are not comparing like with like.

There are many nations that are self sufficient in food . Self sufficiency in food is quite a different proposition from autarky..

Introducing talk about Great Leap Forward is TOTALLY irrelevant to this situation .

The simple fact is there was starvation during that time for many reasons particularly the DISHONESTY of the Communist Party. Nothing to do with closing borders
Did China close its borders during the Great Leap Forward
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Daniel058(m): 1:40pm On Nov 29, 2020
Moferere:

What is the profit?

How much is a bag of poultry feed + that of fish feed?
I am into those ones so I can talk about that one.

Are you still arguing that farmers smile to the bank?

I have talked about crop farmers and now I used myself, a poultry and fish farmer as an example.
what do you mean oga, you sell based on cost of production I was also into fish farming. Poultry is even easier self.
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by newisd75: 1:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
from this post i'll advice nigerians not 2 vote 4 any apc presidential candidate in 2023, as such person may not open d borders, even if d person is from d south. nigeria now need #endBadGovernment which can happen b/w 2021-2023
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by solonubinho(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2020
Stupid people like this mi sister will just open mouth whaaa... he definitely is ignorant of the AfCFTA which Nigeria has signed to kick off in Jan 2021. They will just open mouth down waa like a whale looking for fish to eat.
Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by knightphoenix: 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Buhari is synonymous to hardship!!!

It has NEVER been as bad as this!!!

Closing the border has not improve any agricultural sector infact it's worst!!!

Insecurities is what is killing the Agricultural sector

Of recent 40 farmers were beheaded, not mentioning others

This Government should tackle insecurities and leave the border alone!!!
good lord

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by gbilo: 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2020
blacknp:
China sacrificed under Chairman Mao (Mao Zedong), now they are reaping the sacrifice, no Nigerian generation wants to sacrifice, they just want to enjoy, you don’t plant anything but you want to eat cheap rice, you didn’t build any power transmission stations & lines, but you want to have electricity? even the price of ordinary garri will triple despite all the cassava we have in Nigeria, they will be quick to blame the president.
How many of your leaders in Nigeria are ready to sacrifice for the betterment of the country?
How many of them is ready to take a pay cut or cut down their flabouyant life style? Is it only the masses that will be told to sacrifice all the time?

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister by Moferere: 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2020
Daniel058:
what do you mean oga, you sell based on cost of production I was also into fish farming. Poultry is even easier self.

What's your cost of production before & now?

What's your profit before & now?

Be sincere to yourself

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Heavy Security Around Peter Obi (pictures) / Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / ASUU Strike: NLC Protests Rock States In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.