Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:44 AM

Marrying An Older Lady? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying An Older Lady? (41392 Views)

Have You Dated An Older Lady Before, How Was Your Experience? / Help, An Older Lady Is Obsessed With Me / Victor Ibeh: How My Older Lady Lover Dumped Me After 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Thattallgirl(f): 10:32am On Nov 30, 2020
Kokaine:
my God! That height is tall for a girl ooooh.
I don't think I personally know a girl as tall as you. I can imagine if you do squats for up to eight months with that height and size. You'll get a buttocks and shape that's like a license to go anywhere and seize anything you feel like. You can walk into any iPhone store and point at anything you like and people will be lining up and even fighting each other to pay for it

Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by samieea28(f): 10:39am On Nov 30, 2020
There's nothing wrong in it. Am 3years older than my hubby, we have been married for 8 years and no regret so far.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by sylve11: 10:43am On Nov 30, 2020
real691:
Age is just a number. Your self image is the key to balancing age differences. Although somethings are not sustainable on the long run. Men grow more attractive with time because of stability, unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the female folks.

this is the post that actually deserved plenty ''likes', not those ones that got likes because they came first before this one.

Sense full this your post jare. cool

1 Like

Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by olumide4christ: 10:48am On Nov 30, 2020
supereagle:

Thank you, my brother. Many counsels and prayers have been offered. The only thing I am yet to understand is whether she is possed or she is having bipolar disorder. Anyway, God is still giving grace to hang on.

Its well... God's grace is sufficient!
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by sylve11: 10:54am On Nov 30, 2020
hmmm @ op. cool
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by bayocanny: 11:21am On Nov 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Two years older than you isn't bad. Thought I'd see 20 years difference cheesy
Tall girl?
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by okewumi: 11:57am On Nov 30, 2020
supereagle:

God has picked your call. Do not waste time again. I am older than my wife with 14 years, she is the boss at at home. not supportive, she depends on me for everything. She cannot even enter kitchen to prepare food for the family. Marrying someone you are older than is not guarantee for happy union. I always tell her that she is beautiful outside but no inner beauty.

Thanks for your response. Women doesn't send you if you are older than them by 10 years. If she is respectable type she will and if she is an arrogant type, you are in soup. I have dated mature lady that is older than me by 4years and l really enjoy her level of reasoning on different issues

1 Like

Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by isaacfreeman99(m): 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
No matter how educated you are you can't be wiser than your mother. Mothers know why they warned you against the same lifestyle they are living or have lived, no wayward mother will like to see her daughter become a prostitute, she will beat the hell out of her when she see her with an irresponsible man. same thing with the father who is a thief or criminal except they don't love their child. 1. When you marry a woman that has a child its possible that the father of her child may Come back and take her away from you or her attention will be divided between you and her ex husband except if he is dead.(Okafor's Law). 2. When you marry a woman that is older than you there is lot of possibility that the woman will be the one controling you, using her age seniority and experience to manipulate you. And no woman or mother will love to see her daughter being manipulated or control by another woman. 3. And If the husband is death, it is very difficult to satisfy a widow, she will always be comparing you with her late husband and nothing you will do that will be good enough as compared to her late ex husband. 4. Another reason why most women or mothers don't want their children to get entangled with divorcee is that, there is always two side to a story, no divorced person will tell you their wrong or mistakes, even if they were caught cheating, they will always blame their ex, and you know women are so good at blame game. I've never seen a woman that can boldly say or confess that her ex was a good man but they fumbled. They are always the saint and the man is the devil. 5. Why buy a donkey or horse that has fallen its former owner?? Why are you sure that it won't fall you This is why most mothers don't want such, but it depend, so good women fall into the hands of bad men. Example in the bible are Naomi, Abigail, Ruth, Anna etc and most times the come the best wives and mothers because they learned from their past relationship mistakes and change except the proud and arrogant like the samaritan woman jesus met at the well. This is my opinion. Happy sunday.
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by demmy66: 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
Zeinymira:

Remember Lola and Peter O9koye?
yes i remember ma

1 Like

Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by lathrowinger: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
demmy66:
yes i remember ma

Then what happen to that beautiful woman
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Smyk13: 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2020
Go ahead and marry her bro! She will treat good and feed you well just as a good wife treats her husband and a loving mother feeds her son. So, there is nothing to worry about bro, cause you 're in a good hand!
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Uniquekriss(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2020
Vickygirk:

African men and their scare of independent ladies. Low self esteem always written all over them.

OP choose, who do you prefer, independent lady or dependent lady that can't even think for her self?

As for her age, I don't see a problem there. You guys are practically age mates and I can't see anybody including your family faulting that...
u are a lady and ain't ready to banter words with u buh u also know that African women misplace priorities when it comes to being wealthy and being a wife, 95% of 'independent' ladies in Naija would tell u all I want is to be able to take care of myself and don't need a man. That's y u discover that big women are hardly married
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by KenModi(m): 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ninejaywon:
How a guy decides to marry a lady older than him beats my imagination. Do you Know women age way faster than men? Why don't you look for fresh juice to drink than settling for stale milk.

Use your head.

Marrying a lady younger than you is no guarantee of a peaceful home/marriage

Use your head
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Ikennamurphy: 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
chinonyinye:
Op, pls lemme ask you a question. Pls is it just now you discovered that she's 2 years older than you or you've known all along?. So you've been dating her and possibly sleeping with her for four years knowing she's two years older than you. Now its time for marriage and you suddenly remembered that she's two years older than you and you want to dump her right? Just remember that karma is real!!!. Abeg go and sit down joor
Nne are you still single
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Thattallgirl(f): 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
bayocanny:

Tall girl?
Yea?
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Ikennamurphy: 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2020
PastorandMentor:
Don't. I repeat don't. I'm suffering from such now. Don't Mr. Unless she is rich.
Don't marry a broke older woman.
Please educate us to learn one or two things from it
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by bayocanny: 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Yea?
can I dm?

1 Like

Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Marisujuaku(f): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
BrainResetter:
A lady can never reveal her real age to you. a lady can only reveal her marriage age to you.
let's calculate it, since she said she's two(2) years older than you* add 10+2=12 to the age she told you, she would be probably 12 years older than you. As footballers have their football age, ladies also have their football age. if you know you know
That's true but not all ladies. my original dob is 90 and I didn't change it at all. I graduated last year and still waiting for NYSC but my age didn't discourage me. Even if at the end, I'm not qualified to go, it's still fine. Life success doesn't come from that only, provided that one makes himself very productive.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Kaymansion(m): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
follow your mind bro
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Ikennamurphy: 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
samieea28:
There's nothing wrong in it. Am 3years older than my hubby, we have been married for 8 years and no regret so far.
You know people try to get problem where there is non
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by botrix(m): 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2020
sKeetz:
I'm dating an older woman. The difference in our ages is just 2 years. She is everything a man can ever dream of.

She's very supportive. Doesn't bother me and let's me do my thing. She doesn't boss me or anything of sorts. She's also very independent, but the only thing that stresses me out is our age difference and it's quite obvious cause i even look quite younger than my age and she's quite matured both physically and mentally.

Are there any cons to marrying a lady that is older? Guys who are married to older ladies, are there any traits i should look out for ?

Ps: we've been dating for 4 years now, so its not like i just met her. So i know everything about her and she knows everything about me.

CONGRATULATIONS. I WISH I AM THE ONE
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Benprass(m): 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
Kobicove:

The major con is that in the next 10 years she will likely be looking far older than you and you may be embarrassed to introduce her as your wife undecided

With management that can't happen,
Especially when they are not giving birth like cows � �
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by sweetilicious(f): 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
If she gives you peace,abeg stay where you are.Age is just a number.My ex got married to an older woman and they are living in peace.Marriage is more than some things that single people don't understand till they get in. The most important thing is your peace and love being intact.Forget societal acceptance and live your life.Life is too short.
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by yembet(f): 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2020
Kobicove:

The major con is that in the next 10 years she will likely be looking far older than you and you may be embarrassed to introduce her as your wife undecided

I don't agree with this, that the lady will be much older, than the man.
The age difference is just 2 years and I can't see the woman getting too old for the man.
The main thing in a marriage is love commitment, loyalty and understanding.
Beauty will fade, marry someone who is beautiful inside, out.
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Exedyne: 10:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
sKeetz:
I'm dating an older woman. The difference in our ages is just 2 years. She is everything a man can ever dream of.

She's very supportive. Doesn't bother me and let's me do my thing. She doesn't boss me or anything of sorts. She's also very independent, but the only thing that stresses me out is our age difference and it's quite obvious cause i even look quite younger than my age and she's quite matured both physically and mentally.

Are there any cons to marrying a lady that is older? Guys who are married to older ladies, are there any traits i should look out for ?

Ps: we've been dating for 4 years now, so its not like i just met her. So i know everything about her and she knows everything about me.

You better hold her tight if everything you say about her is true
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Kobicove(m): 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2020
yembet:

I don't agree with this, that the lady will be much older, than the man.
The age difference is just 2 years and I can't see the woman getting too old for the man.
The main thing in a marriage is love commitment, loyalty and understanding.
Beauty will fade, marry someone who is beautiful inside, out.

Who even gets married for love in Nigeria these days? undecided
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Ferrocene: 11:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
samieea28:

How did your family take it
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by ebijimi7(m): 2:01am On Dec 01, 2020
Kestolove:
God4bid, I can't marry a man that am older than...guy beta leave that girl for somebody better
that was what one of my ex said just because she was older than me with 5 years now I'm married she is still single all her age mates and people older than her they all broke her heart and I'm here now happy with my family she does chat me up the only thing she keor saying is that i realised age is just a number but it was too late

2 Likes

Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by isax(m): 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
Kestolove:
God4bid, I can't marry a man that am older than...guy beta leave that girl for somebody better

Receive sense
Someone should epp me with that father Mbaka picture
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by isax(m): 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2020
ebijimi7:
that was what one of my ex said just because she was older than me with 5 years now I'm married she is still single all her age mates and people older than her they all broke her heart and I'm here now happy with my family she does chat me up the only thing she keor saying is that i realised age is just a number but it was too late

God bless your generation
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Greatihex(m): 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Two years older than you isn't bad. Thought I'd see 20 years difference cheesy
you are beautifully and wonderfully made. I appreciate God for you.
Re: Marrying An Older Lady? by Thattallgirl(f): 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2020
Greatihex:
you are beautifully and wonderfully made. I appreciate God for you.
grin Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Most Ladies End Up With Irresponsible Guys? / What Do You Think About This Wedding Invitation / ‘ladies, Beware Of This Kind Of Man’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.