Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (55411 Views)

Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today / What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Greenback: 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
Sammy07:
Hearing the name Bode Thomas.

Previous Alaafin of Oyo comes to mind.

coming from a Benin boy, as if the whole Edo state isn't a trash.

tueeh

Aaawabuwa, uhundan somebody
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by bigfish3k: 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Na Fashola build am
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by weslay: 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Lagos, an overrated slum.

The solution to the problem of Lagos is simple, open up the ports in other parts of the country and watch sanity come back to the state. Greedy politicians will not allow that to happen. They continually bribe the powers at the centre to have others ports redundant while making the lives of average Lagosians miserable.
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by hermesprogidy(m): 6:37pm On Nov 29, 2020
That was my route to secondary school in the 90s. Government College Lagos. Good ole days cool
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Degrading101: 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
[quote author=slawormiir post=96564660]Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
As usual
Over hyped
The whole of lagos is one Overrated dumb fuckkk slum[/quote
Sense is far from you ode
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by TonySpike: 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2020
All those overhead electricity and telephone cables should go away. It makes everywhere ugly in Nigeria.
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by EgunMogaji2: 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2020
hedonister:
Bode Thomas is one of the most popular streets in Lagos and it is located in Surulere. I'll be showing you what it looks like in 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nz-I1bb11w

To be honest this doesn’t look any worse than some streets in Los Angeles.

1 Like

Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by masseratti: 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2020
Why 2020...it has been like that since 2012...am a lérè boy BTW.
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

Watch coming to America 1988 movie, e resemble Lagos ?? Go see what Paul is doing to Rwanda, go see town planing in Namibia, Botswana, etc go to petit paree ( Abidjan , no how far, Africa, tripoli when ghadafi was there, Morocco, etc , Nigeria leaders go build open gutter in 21st century. No subway In Lagos in many Nigerian cities, uae idea was developed in 10-15 years, before other innovations, let say from 1999 to 2020, 21 years, with Lagos GDP, population, business, the CBD is suppose to be a masterpiece. The city town planning is suppose to be a genius, stop supporting evil, their kids are abroad here with us schooling, enjoying what we are suppose to be enjoying
Abroad you are talking about didn't have everything from day 1. Development is a gradual process. Lagos today is far better than Lagos of 1990 with better road network and linkages, good overhead bridges, Good Rail, good buses with AC, Water Transportation. Better Electricity with Prepaid Meters, Shopping Mall everywhere, improved security and many others. Development may not be as fast as we want it but things are getting better. If we have the opportunity of a leader like they have in Rwanda you are talking about, how long will it take to develop.
Please note that I have been staying in the UK for almost 20years and I am doing well there but I believe in my country and my city Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Sammy07: 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2020
GrammarNazi1:
Only Agege better pass Edo state.
..I swear

1 Like

Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
toyetade:

Abroad where you are didn't have everything from day 1. Lagos today is far better than Lagos of 1990 with better road network and linkages, good overhead bridges, Good Rail, good buses with AC, Water Transportation. Better Electricity with Prepaid Meters, Shopping Mall everywhere, improved security and many others. Development may not be as fast as we want it but things are getting better. If we have the opportunity of a leader like they have in Rwanda you are talking about, how long will it take to develop.
Please note that I have been staying in the UK for almost 20years and I am doing well there but I believe in my country and my city Lagos.

Development is not about building ugly concrete structures, it's about appeal, environmental/human friendliness.

Lagos is too choked , a mega slum.
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Mars16(m): 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
swhiss:
Shame!
We keep celebrating mediocrity in this country.
See how streets of other African countries look like in 2020.
Too much mediocrity that's why this country don't grow.
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by aronski(m): 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
swhiss:
Shame!
any time I see these pictures, I feel like I will just go outside my house and that is what I will see...

So beautiful man
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by frog12: 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2020
complete GHETTO built by useless people
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by frog12: 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2020
ghetto man. Lagos of 1990 is better than lagos of today!

toyetade:

Abroad where you are didn't have everything from day 1. Lagos today is far better than Lagos of 1990 with better road network and linkages, good overhead bridges, Good Rail, good buses with AC, Water Transportation. Better Electricity with Prepaid Meters, Shopping Mall everywhere, improved security and many others. Development may not be as fast as we want it but things are getting better. If we have the opportunity of a leader like they have in Rwanda you are talking about, how long will it take to develop.
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2020
ogbenimax007:
so undecided
so................

u dey craze undecided
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by JohnSin97: 7:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
grin most monkeys calling Lagos a slum, must of their capital cities be looking like a shit pile..... Flatin0 monkeys everywhere
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Xzellentgraphic: 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2020
swhiss:
Shame!
What's is so special about this street now ...trees?
Go to MKO or gani garden to sight see trees. .
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by emperorAY(m): 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
Herrymax:
i was here two years ago, working in a construction site, i can't remember the name of that street, i used to eat from one woman called iya dada along that road
you into construction?
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by SURVBenedict01(m): 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
swallowmi or Shallowmi guy this your shunk don dey affect o be like say Abeokuta dey call you just drop at Ita Oshin and ask of ( ARO ) I promise they will be nice to you
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
emperorAY:

you into construction?

noo I'm an electrician, but i can also manage a construction site, i have a vast experience in construction.
have been into building from my young days.my dad was an engineer
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by uuzba(m): 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
swhiss:
Shame!
Are you aware that Nigeria is under the Sahara Desert and the wind that blows here carries DUST 24/7?
The picture you showed is of SA which is very far from any desert. Same thing happens in Europe.
I once lived in UK and made sure to check UNDER my car and AC vents.
There was no single grain of sand, no dust. Everything shining 24/7/365. I only washed my car 2ce a year. And their roads have no sand.
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by forgiveness: 8:50pm On Nov 29, 2020
swhiss:
Shame!

What is special about these streets?
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by forgiveness: 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

Watch coming to America 1988 movie, e resemble Lagos ?? Go see what Paul is doing to Rwanda, go see town planing in Namibia, Botswana, etc go to petit paree ( Abidjan , no how far, Africa, tripoli when ghadafi was there, Morocco, etc , Nigeria leaders go build open gutter in 21st century. No subway In Lagos in many Nigerian cities, uae idea was developed in 10-15 years, before other innovations, let say from 1999 to 2020, 21 years, with Lagos GDP, population, business, the CBD is suppose to be a masterpiece. The city town planning is suppose to be a genius, stop supporting evil, their kids are abroad here with us schooling, enjoying what we are suppose to be enjoying

How many cities in Africa have subway?
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Ajibel(m): 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2020
jaytii:
Fashola's crazy development drive

That road was built by Fashola.

But some of the roads built by his predecessors have now gone bad or undergone more than one repair.

I marvel at the sort of engineering work that took place in Nose Thomas
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by chinchum(m): 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
frog12:
ghetto man. Lagos of 1990 is better than lagos of today!

I guess you wheren't born then. Someone of you just just write the easiest rubbish like someone suffering down syndrome.
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by OVB123: 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
toyetade:

Where is your own place that is underated. Lagos is still the fastest developing city in Nigeria talking about infrastructures. It is a city where all the opportunities are in Nigeria if you develop yourself. It is a city where somebody from nowhere and with nothing can come today and become a billionaire or travel to other countries of the world.
Yes you are right but you are only talking about 10% of the entire population.
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by harmony75: 9:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
how about what bode Thomas looks like in 1834?! cool place though bode Thomas and Adeniran ogunsanya ���
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by emperorAY(m): 10:02pm On Nov 29, 2020
Herrymax:

noo I'm an electrician, but i can also manage a construction site, i have a vast experience in construction.
have been into building from my young days.my dad was an engineer
nice , I'm an architect by the way . you can pm me your contact I will call you if anything comes up . I'm on the island Sha , you can also call me if there is any work .
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by xjiggy: 11:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
Sammy07:
Hearing the name Bode Thomas.

Previous Alaafin of Oyo comes to mind.

coming from a Benin boy, as if the whole Edo state isn't a trash.

tueeh
We need clean cities. We in the south should do better with waste disposal. I live in Lagos but You need to leave Lagos to know how unhealthy the air smells.
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Litmus: 12:00am On Nov 30, 2020
hedonister:
Bode Thomas is one of the most popular streets in Lagos and it is located in Surulere. I'll be showing you what it looks like in 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nz-I1bb11w

Has a happy feeling to the place. Although I want Nigerian cities to be the best in the world, I could easily live here. With just a little more greenery it will look like so many places in any average Western city.
Re: What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Gamesmart: 1:18am On Nov 30, 2020
hedonister:

Are you sure this is Nigeria? grin

Wey the Keke Napep and crowds crossing the roads?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return / Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria / Car Carrying Another Car In Ketu, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.