Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,567 members, 7,958,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe (29312 Views)

Scratching Of The Head Superstition. What Does It Mean. / Let's Delve Into The World Of Superstition.. Does Your Culture Supports It? Pics / Did Illiteracy Give Birth To Superstition In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by ijayaone: 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
Bigredmachine:
That one day Arsenal will be great again...
lol i don laugh tire
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by kingsworldola: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2020
You called this a myth? My brother you are on your one o. Tomorrow may be too late for you to understand.
kingxsamz:
That the world is going to end and a white man dressed in white ancient robe is going to come from the sky with a horse and several other white men on horses to take people with him into the sky covered in clouds where they'd live forever and sing songs throughout their lives like robots, all because a snake told a woman to eat an apple.
Yeah, I'm talking about the imaginary rapture our Nairaland celebrity loves to talk about.
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Ayandokun2000: 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2020
tknyskny:
you can try it too but make sure say the dog na pure foreign breed cos if you go use our local bingo own....na ya village ancestors wey Carry cutlass you go dey see up and down o

I've got a lhasa tho but nigga no wan risk am

Make person no go run mad las las cheesy
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by panpan(m): 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
DoctorOfDesign:
If you bend over and peep through your legs in the market, you'd see ghosts. I don do am taya. I no see anything.

Have you really done this?
As an adult you were able to summon the courage or curiosity to bend over and peep through your legs in a public and crowded place like the market? And you have done this over and over again?
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Omolomo4eva(m): 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2020
When I was still little,was told that if tooth or teeth remove,I would throw it on a rooftop and dance 4 10mins. I did that and while dancing frantically,children and passersby started looking at me and laughing uncontrollably.
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Clirm: 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
That buhari will take nigeria to promised land
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by BigBrother9ja: 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
jcross19:
you are a mohammedite the terrorist , cancer of the world..
You must be mistaken me for your father...
Or deh

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by lastchild: 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2020
my mother said if my teeth drops and I throw it on top zinc that it will reproduce money for me, I did and wake up and saw 1 naira beside me

I was happy, the time I usually collect money for biscuit from my mother comes, she refused giving me, asking me to use that 1 naira the teeth reproduced

another time, my teeth dropped ,I threw it on top of the zinc without telling her to avoid asking me to use the money for biscuit when it's time to give me money

I slept very happy, but woke up and found no money
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by panpan(m): 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2020
Muhylonaire007:

1.If you sleep facing up, you will have bad dreams

I've never heard of this, but from personal experience I have noticed unpleasant visions while lying down face up with my eyes closed (not necessarily sleeping).

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Nmezor(f): 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2020
Licking a fruit and swallowing the seeds will mk a tree grow in ur system

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Wisedove(m): 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2020
Prinss:

Sir, that number 4 is actually true as far as I can remember. Even though I find it strange and difficult to explain.

Ours those days was that if you see an egret flying across the sky and you wave your hand(s) singing "leke leke give me one finger I will give you ten fingers (which ever bargain works for you)". The next day as you wake up you will notice white markings on your finger nails.

Strange but true. undecided
I thought it was only me that noticed the cattle egrets phenomenon, everyone that does it back then will always have the white dots on their nails.
I could remembered vividly that we used to show one another that our fingers have been dotted.

Maybe it will be more sensible if we can try this once again now that we are grown to see if something like that is going to happen again cheesy

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by FEEXEZ(m): 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
I was told sometimes ago by one Muslim that if I draw a living things I will put life in it when I got to heaven
it took me almost 6 years to draw living things grin
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Prinss: 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
Wisedove:

I thought it was only me that noticed the cattle egrets phenomenon, everyone that does it back then will always have the white dots on their nails.
I could remembered vividly that we used to show one another that our fingers have been dotted.

Maybe it will be more sensible if we can try this once again now that we are grown to see if something like that is going to happen again cheesy

I concur. Problem now is, I haven't seen a flying egret since my childhood.
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by ford101: 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by prigoz(m): 6:03pm On Nov 30, 2020
Youths are leaders of tomorrow, education is key to success

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by HitlerGaddafi: 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2020
good4all40:
Beating a child with a broom will make his joystick small

Combining Garri with Mango is a suicide mission.

Fetching water from the well at night attracts supernatural being

Don't say the floor is hot � while stepping on it barefooted but you should say it is cold �

They are just too many

Our elders will not kill us thank God we are grown now.
That garri and mango fables ehn. Even in my old age, I'm still scared of it
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Olarewaju89: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2020
grin
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Dmec(m): 6:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
If u see a chekeleke flying and u want to get a white nails, wave ur fingers on sighting them which after u will get a white nails
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by sirzee1660(m): 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
brosom:
As a kid then, there are lots of shit I was told..

(1):-As a kid then, if u re having a meal or snacks and it mistakenly fell on the ground automatically it becomes devils food.

(2):- If u lose a tooth, throw it on the zinc so that it'll grow back if not u won't have a tooth if u throw it on the ground.

(3):- Back then I was a block head at school, and I use to hear people saying if u drink coconut water, ur brain go open, na so guy man use coconut water as food morning, afternoon, and night. na so I dey visit toilet every now and there.

(4):- If u see a chekeleke flying and u want to get a white nails, wave ur fingers on sighting them which after u will get a white nails lol..

lots of crazy crap mehn..
number 4 really worked for me ,even till now I still have those tap white on my fingers
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by 01DavidMoses(m): 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
if u c a shooting star across d sky close ur eyes and say ur wishes and is done

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by brosom(m): 6:59pm On Nov 30, 2020
Prinss:

Sir, that number 4 is actually true as far as I can remember. Even though I find it strange and difficult to explain.

Ours those days was that if you see an egret flying across the sky and you wave your hand(s) singing "leke leke give me one finger I will give you ten fingers (which ever bargain works for you)". The next day as you wake up you will notice white markings on your finger nails.

Strange but true. undecided
Yes its strange but true, it worked for me too

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by brosom(m): 7:00pm On Nov 30, 2020
sirzee1660:
number 4 really worked for me ,even till now I still have those tap white on my fingers
Really?
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by brosom(m): 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
FahBuLous:
This one cracked me up.. I can really relate with number 4... I neva got any white fingers but na me de wave pass
I swear bro, it's trance and funny as same time

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by migeoart(f): 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2020
brosom:
As a kid then, there are lots of shit I was told..

(1):-As a kid then, if u re having a meal or snacks and it mistakenly fell on the ground automatically it becomes devils food.

(2):- If u lose a tooth, throw it on the zinc so that it'll grow back if not u won't have a tooth if u throw it on the ground.

(3):- Back then I was a block head at school, and I use to hear people saying if u drink coconut water, ur brain go open, na so guy man use coconut water as food morning, afternoon, and night. na so I dey visit toilet every now and there.

(4):- If u see a chekeleke flying and u want to get a white nails, wave ur fingers on sighting them which after u will get a white nails lol..

lots of crazy crap mehn..

For coconut water.......... mine the reverse was the case, was told if i drink coconut water i will b very dull in school, i avoided it oooo
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by migeoart(f): 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2020
If a baby look with her/his legs the mom is expecting another child somehow it works�

Dnt whistle at night it invites evil spirit

Coke and mango kills well i dunno if its true, neva tried it

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by jcross19: 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
BigBrother9ja:

You must be mistakenh
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Reeberry: 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
kayyzz:
Don't laugh at the poor or you will be as poor as they are
See mumu talk you dey talk. Laugh at them na. You will be poorer than them.
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by k2money(m): 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Growing up as a kid, I was told to throw my broken tooth on the roof so my tooth will grow again!

This one is not a Superstition! It's is a Fact!
No Matter what you have or you don't have, if you Depart this Earth Without JESUS Christ! It's a Waste of Existence. It's Hell Fire straight!
Hello buddy, hell fire is also superstition
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by k2money(m): 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
kingxsamz:
That the world is going to end and a white man dressed in white ancient robe is going to come from the sky with a horse and several other white men on horses to take people with him into the sky covered in clouds where they'd live forever and sing songs throughout their lives like robots, all because a snake told a woman to eat an apple.
Yeah, I'm talking about the imaginary rapture our Nairaland celebrity loves to talk about.
You nail it brother

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by harmony75: 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
kingxsamz:
if you don't repent your eyes go neat on the last day, you think is a joke may God have mercy on you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prince Gbadegesin Ogunoye, Olowo Of Owo - Elect Bows Out Of Public Service / Olu Of Warri Receives T'suut'ina Highest Honor In Canada / This White Man Speaks Edo, Benin Language But Has Never Been To Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.