Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe (28760 Views)

Scratching Of The Head Superstition. What Does It Mean. / Let's Delve Into The World Of Superstition.. Does Your Culture Supports It? Pics / Did Illiteracy Give Birth To Superstition In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by tknyskny(m): 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2020
armyjassy101:
Guys what's the funniest superstition you were made to believe, either you know know the truth or you are still believing it......

Mine you must not talk while removing the feathers of a chicken if you do the feathers will keep growing.

(2) you must not eat at the door if you do the food won't enter your stomach ...lol

Guys drop yours.
lol. guy the chicken thing no super anything...... I own a poultry farm and have noticed it so many times...the werey feather dey grow back small small if you continue talking while removing it... especially when people plenty wey dey remove am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2020
grin

That it is wrong to whistle at night because it attracts snakes.
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by senchibi: 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2020
dukeprince50:
Everyone has his own moon, and the moon will always follow u when u are walking.

There is a lady called miss koi koi in our primary school.

If you loose a tooth, throw it on the zinc.

The bird called great egret are called "Shekeleke" and if u are fortunate enough to see it, just wave at it and sing a particular song, it will give u a white finger.

There is a particular size a python will grow, it will start laying diamonds.

If somebody bite u, rub it with fowl droppings and the person will loose his teeth.

Broooo. You grew up in 042. Lol. These were popular When I was growing up.
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2020
Dat one can only enter the MORTUARY using his back.

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by bigcil2(m): 3:18pm On Nov 30, 2020
That if you whistle you invite snake
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Bigsunny01(m): 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
I dey with one bottle of Heineken abeg

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
Na the one wey my elder brother dey always tell me then say "If you bend down well from Port-harcourt you go see Aba "That one off me.
Abi na the one wey Dem say "If Rain dey fall,Sun dey Shine.Lion dey Born Pikin".

2 Likes

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by ibecee(m): 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Growing up as a kid, I was told to throw my broken tooth on the roof so my tooth will grow again!

This one is not a Superstition! It's is a Fact!
No Matter what you have or you don't haveIf you Depart this Earthwithout JESUS Christ! It's a Waste of Existence. It's Hell Fire straight!

guy your Mumu too much. can't you just comment like a normal person for once. not every scenario demands a preaching response. you will just bore the people you intend to win their souls if you continue behaving like a wierdo

4 Likes

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by emkz: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2020
armyjassy101:
Guys what's the funniest superstition you were made to believe, either you know know the truth or you are still believing it......

Mine you must not talk while removing the feathers of a chicken if you do the feathers will keep growing.

(2) you must not eat at the door if you do the food won't enter your stomach ...lol

Guys drop yours.

They told you not to talk so that you will not baff the chicken with your spit.

They told us not to stand while eating otherwise the food will find its way to your legs.

They said we should not sleep on our backs so that witches and wizards would not attack us.

The one that annoys me till this day is that if you put the decapitated head of a duck in a submerged basin, it would turn to a snake. I believed it.

If bees gather in a compound, the death of someone is imminent (this I found to be true in two instances in my childhood compound and one case in Kogi State where I worked, but I can't establish a connection between the bees and death because two out of the three were old).
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by shadon4me(m): 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
alexsoftwork:
U we have lizard finger nails, if they eat your cut nails.
hmmm
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Dreadlock69(m): 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
kingxsamz:
That the world is going to end and a white man dressed in white ancient robe is going to come from the sky with a horse and several other white men on horses to take people with him into the sky covered in clouds where they'd live forever and sing songs throughout their lives like robots.
Yeah, I'm talking about the imaginary rapture our Nairaland celebrity loves to talk about.

Lol snake tell person make him chop apple

2 Likes

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Olodo24: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2020
I dunno if it passes as superstition, but my elder sister still believes that drinking garri after eating opioro mango leads to death
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Bbass1990(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
Nigeria would be better again,instead its getting worst.

Endsars would reshape Nigeria.
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Oloniyan(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
toffyz:
If you flog a child with broom, his manhood if boy will become smaller and her breast will be smaller if girl

you angered a deaf man If you put leaf in your mouth

If you hit your left leg on something, bad luck awaits the person

Radarada, mtchew

That of a deaf man is not superstition o. it is a fact
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by techmalldotcom(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
angry
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by waploger(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
That after a girl finish peeing(unirating) if you take nail and stick it on the urinated spot the girl will like you forever.......i do am tire for where no girl like me.

9 Likes

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Coldie(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2020
In my village there's this suspicion not to cover a chicken, turkey or duck under basket and live it for the night that if u do it would turn to a big snake.

They instead tie it and take it inside.

I used to believe it I wanted to know how it relates.

There was no explanation but I thought of the belief. A covered basket of a chicken turning to snake in a rural area. If the belief had been there for decades and I was told this around late 90' s when the area was far more rural than it is now.

It was obvious that a chicken owner covered his chicken with a basket and a python strolled in and ate the chicken, normally if a python eats a sth big they stay still for a while.

To me that was a reasonable explanation to all their decade long superstition

4 Likes

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by tknyskny(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2020
emkz:

They told you not to talk so that you will not baff the chicken with your spit.

They told us not to stand while eating otherwise the food will find its way to your legs.

They said we should not sleep on our backs so that witches and wizards would not attack us.

The one that annoys me till this day is that if you put the decapitated head of a duck in a submerged basin, it would turn to a snake. I believed it.

If bees gather in a compound, the death of someone is imminent (this I found to be true in two instances in my childhood compound and one case in Kogi State where I worked, but I can't establish a connection between the bees and death because two out of the three were old).
the chicken feathers actually grows baclittle by little
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Ayandokun2000: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2020
That if you put dog's eye boogers (ipin in Yoruba) in your eyes that you'll start seeing ghost

Never tried it though (has anyone tried it before?)
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by kenny714433(m): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
grin
Up till now I haven't confirmed if it was superstitious or not.

That if you kill the male of animal that copulated a female that the offspring may die.
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by 7victor(m): 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
1) The wall is the leg of God.

2) When you eat you must remain some food for the ground, because the ground is your brother.

3)If you collect a stone from a small child, the child would stop growing taller and will become a dwarf.

4) Female students should not be beaten on the buttocks.

5)If you bend down and look between your legs in the market, you will see ghosts.

6) Ghosts visit their families every Thursday.

7)If you draw something on a paper and then pour kerosene on the paper, the thing you drew will manifest in real life.

Like if you draw a car on a paper and pour kerosene thereon, the car will suddenly come out in real life and you can start driving it.

coolWomen are inferior to men.

9)Lady koi koi like disturbing female students in boarding schools.
Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by MiVida(m): 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
kingxsamz:
That the world is going to end and a white man dressed in white ancient robe is going to come from the sky with a horse and several other white men on horses to take people with him into the sky covered in clouds where they'd live forever and sing songs throughout their lives like robots, all because a snake told a woman to eat an apple.
Yeah, I'm talking about the imaginary rapture our Nairaland celebrity loves to talk about.
e go shock you...

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Karlifate: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2020
India: 99
vs
Nigeria: 1

4 Likes

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by kingxsamz(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
MiVida:
e go shock you...

No one's getting shocked bro.

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by ednut1(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
Lagoon and ocean water dont mix.

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Henri244: 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
If you swallow the seed of an orange, it will grow on your head!

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by MiVida(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
kingxsamz:

No one's getting shocked bro.
For now.

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Badonasty(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
India 99 - Nigeria 1
if you steal a bush baby's mat you're made for life

4 Likes

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by FahBuLous: 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
DoctorOfDesign:
If you bend over and peep through your legs in the market, you'd see ghosts. I don do am taya. I no see anything.

If you have a sore throat, it is probably because you spit on the floor and someone stepped on it. As a child, I believe this one like mumu. grin

If your hand dey scratch you, money is in the way.
This one dey work sometimes sha.

If someone crosses over your leg and doesn't cross back, you'd stop growing. I fought with many children because of this, in the good old days. grin grin "oya cross my leg back" grin grin
mehn! Are you me? I don fight tire for that thing "oya cross me back"

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by Ajens1991: 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Growing up as a kid, I was told to throw my broken tooth on the roof so my tooth will grow again!

This one is not a Superstition! It's is a Fact!
No Matter what you have or you don't haveIf you Depart this Earthwithout JESUS Christ! It's a Waste of Existence. It's Hell Fire straight!

Oga righteousness, what is the relationship?

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by FahBuLous: 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
brosom:
As a kid then, there are lots of shit I was told..

(1):-As a kid then, if u re having a meal or snacks and it mistakenly fell on the ground automatically it becomes devils food.

(2):- If u lose a tooth, throw it on the zinc so that it'll grow back if not u won't have a tooth if u throw it on the ground.

(3):- Back then I was a block head at school, and I use to hear people saying if u drink coconut water, ur brain go open, na so guy man use coconut water as food morning, afternoon, and night. na so I dey visit toilet every now and there.

(4):- If u see a chekeleke flying and u want to get a white nails, wave ur fingers on sighting them which after u will get a white nails lol..

lots of crazy crap mehn..
This one cracked me up.. I can really relate with number 4... I neva got any white fingers but na me de wave pass

1 Like

Re: Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe by tknyskny(m): 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ayandokun2000:
That if you put dog's eye boogers (ipin in Yoruba) in your eyes that you'll start seeing ghost

Never tried it though (has anyone tried it before?)
tried that once and I saw my uncle and grand dad that died 2000 years ago

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? / Colourful Pictures From The Anambra State New Yam Festival / New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.