Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,156 members, 7,829,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line (18311 Views)

Alaba Market Fire: Police Arrested "Suspected Criminals", Set Shanties On Fire / Amaechi: We Will Build Port Harcourt-Maiduguri High Speed Railway Line / LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by calcal: 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
Job well doen, in ODUDUWA WE STAND!
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by JohnSin97: 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
Highly commendable from the Lagos State government, they should also work with SON to rid the market of fake products. Lagos will be great.
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by leisuretym: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
I really commend the Lagos state government for doing this, its those in those shanties that came out to set fire, they have proper houses in there hometown but here setting Lagos state on fire
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by Bluffly: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
henriche:
Did dey provide alternative for all d peoples houses n shops dey demolished?
It's called shanties.
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by wellmax(m): 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
henriche:
Provide alternative for hoodlums and criminals
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by Asour: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
9icest:
The ways the northerners are invading Lagos is mind boggling. You will see thousands of them following cow trucks to and fro. I wish we have true visionaries who can transform the vacant plots in southern Nigeria to a modernized agricultural hub that will kill these over dependence on Northerns meat and food. So long we don’t look into this direction more trucks will keep bringing the cows and possibly many Bokoharam terrorists into Lagos

Northerners invading Lagos. Wow!

Never knew a citizen of a country moving to another part of the country was invasive.

And even if I am not a fan of some northern practices e.g. Hisbah, Shariah but invasive is not the right word.

Could you also tell us how many Southerners "invade" Lagos from east/south to hustle?

As per your avoidance of overdependence, well for now they have the Competitive advantage of agricultural production than the south. Is this overturnable ? Maybe, I don't know. But for now don't merely refer to it as overdependence, call it what it is: The north is a valuable trade partner to our country Nigeria in agriculture.

So hard to give credit right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
Ibadan should do this as well.

Bere, molete etc.

Infact just demolish all shanties
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by foreshore(m): 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2020
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by Oracleforce: 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2020
Those are the hideout of almajiri from the North... The presence of northerners in lagos state recently is alarming.....and the state governor supposes to be proactive instead of being reactive...

I don't trust all these northern miscreants they might be here to cause trouble in the later future...

Most of them are not doing any reasonable jobs in lagos state they are just hid88ng with some of their brothers who are doing may-guard jobs...

There should be a systemic way of dislodging them back to their hometown...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by nku5: 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2020
After the Hausa vs Yoruba fight I knew this would happen. The place has become too rough and hausa boys have very large numbers there. That hood has fond memories for me though. Terry G grew up in that zone and used to freestyle around the railway line community before he blew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by mytime24(f): 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2020
Doing good at d wong time
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by Alary: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nazgul:
Na their way... only to destroy people's source of livelyhood without any compensation whatsoever to help them get back on their feet.
You don't know what you are saying bro.That place is a den of armed robbers ,and all sort of criminality. I know the place well ,if you go there you will cry for this country. Prostitution is the other of the day,if you see young girl of between 11 and 15 smoking Indian hemp Fela will be marvel. A lot of these girls have little babies they are nursing yet they keep smoking cannabis while holding their babies, it is an eye sore. At night they way lays people collect their belongings also at night.It is long overdue.

1 Like

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by ukaface(f): 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2020
Them demolish am, them go soon come back...Na Bubu people full there.

1 Like

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by winnah(f): 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2020
They need to get it right on town planning.
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by ukaface(f): 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2020
nku5:
After the Hausa vs Yoruba fight I knew this would happen. The place has become too rough and hausa boys have very large numbers there. That hood has fond memories for me though. Terry G grew up in that zone and used to freestyle around the railway line community before he blew

Hmmmmmmmmm... they've come
Terry G that was living at Alamutu
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 29, 2020
9icest:
The ways the northerners are invading Lagos is mind boggling. You will see thousands of them following cow trucks to and fro. I wish we have true visionaries who can transform the vacant plots in southern Nigeria to a modernized agricultural hub that will kill these over dependence on Northerns meat and food. So long we don’t look into this direction more trucks will keep bringing the cows and possibly many Bokoharam terrorists into Lagos
This is pure intolerance from ppl who never set their foot outside their zone. Is it not a blessing for ppl to engage in intertrading? US have more deposit of oil than Nigeria but they still buy from us.
Many ppl are trooping to north daily in Luxurious buses directly to sabon gari market in Kano who are predominantly southerners and they sometimes bring hard drugs, fake drugs and arms but we resort to intelligence gathering rather than ranting like the way u do. You're happy that Nigerians are all over US and EU despite illegal drugs peddling, Yahoo scam, prostitution, human trafficking by Nigerians in those nations but the US and EU never make such kind of outrageous statement while you with whom we share the same country, we add value to what u don't have but u're making statement out of bigotry. Educated illiterate!

1 Like

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by samdunzo: 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
9icest:

Man I just saw that they kidnapped someone in Ogun.... we really gotta be careful cuz these guys have finally come south

1 Like

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by IJOBA2: 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
onyenatruchi:
They are destroying Igbo shops out of envy. No wahala
ABOKKI YOU SURE SAY NA IBOS DEY OPEN SHOP NEAR RAILWAY LINE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by PHAYOL81: 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
Not disappointed. I know there must be comments from the apologists. It amazes to see how quick to troop out to condemn LASG because of the presence of slums in some areas and at the same time condemn the govt for demolishing the same slum. They are confused and confounding.
To the topic. I oft'n wonder what work the CDA were doing that stuff like this get collected. They are supposed to point out anomality in the society asap for immediate eradication before it degenerates to an eyesore but they don't. Its time govt let them know the development they are suppose to promote include pointing out anomalities around them.
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by Afamed: 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2020
henriche:
I guess you understand the definition of shanties?
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2020
Arrewa:
No development without demolition!

Illegal structures is what Elrufai don't joke with!!

Today Kaduna is gradually turning into another Abuja
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nazgul:
Na their way... only to destroy people's source of livelyhood without any compensation whatsoever to help them get back on their feet.

So you want to allow them to continue making guns and hard drugs?

onyenatruchi:

Stupidity runs in your... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by SmartPolician: 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2020
9icest:

Don't worry about those northerners

Boko Haram made it clear that their mission was to islamize northern Nigeria.

Ever since they started killing Nigerians, they have never gone against their mission.

If they could attack police headquarters and many military barracks, attacking Lagos is as easy as ABC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by Sleekfingers: 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nazgul:

did u read the comment at all? Or you have reading and comprehension deficiency
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by Sleekfingers: 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2020
RichDad1:
Good job.
Next stop should be shanties around Jakande Lekki , Ilaje in Ajah. Railways line at Oyingbo, Agege and Mushin.
They’re breeding grounds for hoodlums and miscreants.

especially oyingbo and mushin......

1 Like

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by etrouble: 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nazgul:

This one is typing from the psychiatric hospital
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by etrouble: 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2020
onyenatruchi:

But why?

Why do doctors give phones to patients at the psychiatric hospital. This poster is currently undergoing treatment at the psychiatric hospital, why would doctors give him smartphones to type nonsense?

1 Like

Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by etrouble: 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
ukaface:

You live around there? Let’s meet for some beer a as and exchange Oloshos. My Niggas live around there
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by nku5: 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
ukaface:

Terry G is Iju/Fagba bred. It's not even new gist
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by obonujoker(m): 11:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
Welcome development.
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by TJWR: 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2020
Don't mind him. I'm sure he didnt even read the article
Re: LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line by Sagay212: 12:40am On Nov 30, 2020
9icest:

Part of the solutions is to continue to destroy illegal structures and shanties. Arrest any idi.ot caught sleeping under the bridge or on the road and streets claiming to be homeless. Nobody fell from the sky. People cannot runaway from their villages and come to other states to be claiming homeless and sleeping anywhere they see. These are the people who turn out to be security threats. They will loot, steal ,rape at any opportunity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Will Eradicate Boko-Haram In A Month - Akande / Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan / Governor Dankwambo Congratulates Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.