Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

What Many Don't Know About Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Many Don't Know About Love (206 Views)

What Many Don't Know About Love / Few Hard Lessons I Have Learnt About Love. / I want to fvuck this girl but I don't know how much she'll request. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Many Don't Know About Love by Oxygenmayo(m): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2020
A lot of us claimed to know so much about love, but the outcome of our love life shows we are bereft of what love truly is. The likes of hugging, petting, buying flowers, or giving gifts have often been tagged as the display of love, but they could be deceptive.

More so, we claim to know so much about love, but the way we express it betrays our knowledge. How can you be in love, yet you cheat on the one you claimed to love?

There are two things we don't bear in mind when it comes to the expression of love. There's the vertical and horizontal expression of love. We fail to express love horizontally the way we ought to because we do not know what it entails to "love up."

Your vertical expression of love comes to play when you love God first. I do not intend to sound religious, but I have come to realize that you would love others better when you love God first. And this agrees with the words of Brela Delahoussaye which state that when couples love God first, they love each other better.

And this applies to you.

When you love God first, it would reflect in the way you treat your neighbors next door. You can't treat your partner with contempt if you truly love God.

Joseph in the Bible had the opportunity to have an affair with his boss' wife, but he considered it great wickedness against God if he did so. Was there religion in his time? I cannot think of one.

Love without the fear of God would be impatient, impolite, overbearing, proud, lustful, and would be ego-driven. Do you love God? The proof that you love Him is shown in how you treat the one you love - especially your spouse or partner.

Do you love God? Do you believe He exists? If you don't, then you're probably one of those people who have made love appear wicked, crazy, or a scam. Love is true when it acknowledges and bears in mind the existence of God, and does not do to others what he does not want them to do to him. 

Love does not stem from your feelings; it is your mindset that determines your love life. If you have programmed the wrong information about love into your mind, your expression of love will be all that bad things people say about love - consciously or unconsciously.

You can't love your friend (neighbor) in isolation without considering your love for God. It is a mind that is God-conscious that would avoid anything that could hurt the one he or she loves.

The more you shift your mind away from acknowledging His existence and your regard for Him, the more terrible your love life becomes. Don't you think a person's mind would be hardened, reprobate, and evil when he tries to express love without loving God first?

Many ended up becoming selfish, demanding, and uncommitted to their relationship because they do not believe that what they do to their spouse or friend is an offense against God.

If you can have the kind of mind Joseph had when he had the opportunity to sleep with his boss' wife, this world in general would have been a better place.

Now, ask yourself this question: Do I love Him first or I do not regard Him while I try to be a better lover? Love is not wicked. Love isn't crazy, or those terrible things many say about it. Love is beautiful when two lovers love God first and from that point, they express love mutually to each other.

Do you want to be a better lover? Do you want to enjoy what love truly is? You can revive your love life again. All you need to do is to admit God as being supreme over your life and in all you do. Love Him with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind as this would help you love others better.

Meanwhile, in your horizontal relationship, you should know that the kind of person you love, their understanding of love, and the motive of their heart would define your experience about love.

You can't have a great experience with love when you are in love with the wrong person - an abuser, a cheat, or a liar. Their expression of love which seems normal to them would affect your experience of love.

If all that you know or that your spouse or partner knows about love is weird, or it conforms to the way their parents express love which contradicts the qualities of love in 1 Corinthians 13, it would affect your love life.

Love is real and true when you love God first. And the kind of person you're in love with, their reason for loving you, and their understanding of love would affect your experience about love.

Re: What Many Don't Know About Love by Dove2288(m): 7:58am On Nov 30, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzwdFobxrxo&t=143s

This is a new series on relationship I am starting with the hope that it will help men out there.

What you do on your date especially the first date goes a long way in telling who you are and who you are not. This isn't cast in stone though but we all want to put in our very best as men.

I have put this video together for men because I know what it means to get rejected by someone you love.

The pain is uncategorized and you really want to avoid it if you can(underline the word 'IF').

This is for the guys and men.
Watch, share, and don't forget to subscribe

(1) (Reply)

Best Hoods To Stay If You Are Single And Searching / It Dosent Break Down! This Is What Happens When You Fill Your Fuel Tank With Cok / Who's The Most Entertaining Nairalander Of Year 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.